ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags part 2 , loose change , 911 conspiracy theory

Closed Thread
Old 14th June 2006, 03:02 PM   #2801
brodski
Tea-Time toad

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
Wow. How did you manage to understand that in this:

"Why were there no WMD in Iraq when intel was 100% ?"

I thought he meant : "Why didn't we find WMDs in Iraq when intel told us there would be!! ??"

You're already starting to understand him. Good. You'll be my translator from now on, bureaucrat ninja.
No- I don't understand Sentinel, I was just doing what I do when I have to provide answers to nonsenseical Parliamentary Questions asked by clueless MPs- I interpret the question to mean whatever the hell I want it to mean, and provide an "answer" which says whatever I wanted to say on the topic all along.
brodski is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th June 2006, 03:04 PM   #2802
brodski
Tea-Time toad

Originally Posted by Mashuna View Post
Hah - and I thought this was a sceptics forum. Everyone knows that there's no proper, verifiable evidence for the existence of goats.
Certain posters here will be very disappointed to learn that their darling "goats" are just very ugly sheep.
brodski is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th June 2006, 03:39 PM   #2803
Hutch
A broken man on a Halifax pier, the last of Barrett's Privateers

Sentinel;

Apologies for the mistake in spelling. I have always had a bad habit of putting 'a' where an 'e' should go.

Now, about that explosion that Arkan and Huntsman demonstrated the math for way back in this thread (like maybe 6 hours ago?). Are yolu planning to cite any reasons for why the explosion 'looks' bigger than it should have been?
Old 14th June 2006, 03:44 PM   #2804
Arkan_Wolfshade
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
Sentinel;

Apologies for the mistake in spelling. I have always had a bad habit of putting 'a' where an 'e' should go.

Now, about that explosion that Arkan and Huntsman demonstrated the math for way back in this thread (like maybe 6 hours ago?). Are yolu planning to cite any reasons for why the explosion 'looks' bigger than it should have been?
Whoa, totally wasn't me. I like exploding things, but math of explosions isn't my forte.
Arkan_Wolfshade is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th June 2006, 03:45 PM   #2805
brodski
Tea-Time toad

http://loosechange911.blogspot.com/

looks like the excuses and recrimination have started...
Meacher will be first against the wall come the revolution
Old 14th June 2006, 04:01 PM   #2806
realitybites
Graduate Poster

Quote:
I believe that with Dylan's film, David Ray Griffin's expert testimony, your backing and my organisational ability to pull all this together, we have missed an opportunity to expose the truth of 9/11 in a controlled, managed manner...
I thought they were just asking questions...?
realitybites is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th June 2006, 04:21 PM   #2807
Orb
Critical Thinker

My new favorite RoxDog Quote:

Quote:
That's because you are nieve and uneducated.

http://s15.invisionfree.com/Loose_Ch...showtopic=6349
Orb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th June 2006, 04:21 PM   #2808
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
Sentinel;

Wait, he's saying it looks bigger than it should've been?

I thought he was complaining it was small!!!

If anything, I would've expected a bit more before I did the calculations, but it seems about right to me at this time. I couldn't give an exact size, but this seems well within the parameters for such a blast.
Hellbound is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th June 2006, 04:27 PM   #2809
Apollyon
Muse

Good Lord that letter to Meacher is horrid. Out of the entire 'massive wave' of people LC claims they are converting to the TRUTH, can't they find just one who demonstrates even the most basic knowledge of grammar, punctuation, and syntax?
Apollyon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th June 2006, 04:28 PM   #2810
brodski
Tea-Time toad

Originally Posted by realitybites View Post
I thought they were just asking questions...?
they are, they are asking questions like
"did you know that 9/11 was an inside job"
or
"are you too stupid to see that 9/11 was an evil zionist-masonic-nazi plot to take over there world?"

But yeah, having known Mr Meacher after that letter he'll be distancing himself even further from the loosers.

Mind you, I always had a suspicion that he thought that buying into the 9/11 CTs would play well with the large Muslim population of Oldham West and Royten, he’s realized that LC would loose him more political capital than it would gain him.
Old 14th June 2006, 04:57 PM   #2811
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by brodski View Post

Wait a minute! I'm confused. Weren't we assured:

Quote:
dylan avery said...
the screening's on, but Meacher has found someone to replace himself. but we're trying to keep this on the DOWN LOW, eh? right now as far as the public record knows, Meacher likes our movie and is responsible for organizing the screening. if Meacher makes a public statement, great. but right now, the cancellation/transfer is all behind the scenes.

TRUST ME. the screening is going forward, one way or another.
I hope that the administrators on the LC board don't lie, but even that would be preferable to knowing that the great god Dylan himself had been guilty of mendacity.
Brainster is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th June 2006, 04:58 PM   #2812
MarkyX
Master Poster

Is there a way I can email this PM guy? Wouldn't mind sending him a link to Screw Loose Change so he can be informed about all the BS of LC.

EDIT: And the Venice Film Festival.

Last edited by MarkyX; 14th June 2006 at 05:03 PM.
MarkyX is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th June 2006, 05:09 PM   #2813
brodski
Tea-Time toad

Originally Posted by MarkyX View Post
Is there a way I can email this PM guy? Wouldn't mind sending him a link to Screw Loose Change so he can be informed about all the BS of LC.
Sorry do you mean MP guy- i.e Meacher?
Sure, you can contact his assistant at massonm@parliament.uk
several of us have already sent him gravy's debunk of loose change.
he decided to drop the loosers like a hot potato.
coincidence?
Old 14th June 2006, 05:16 PM   #2814
dubfan
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
I hope that the administrators on the LC board don't lie, but even that would be preferable to knowing that the great god Dylan himself had been guilty of mendacity.
You have to learn how to read Dylan-speak.

His denials about his posts at Little Green Footballs read the same way. "It's just someone with the same name, that is all."

He loves that tag, "that is all." As if that settles the issue.

Note that he does not say, "I did not make those posts."

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of what he was never reasoned into." -- Jonathan Swift
dubfan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th June 2006, 05:17 PM   #2815
MarkyX
Master Poster

coincidence?
Cool, now we need to find a way to contact the Venice Film Fesitval so they can cancel Loose Change.

People need to realize that Loose Change has no real facts behind it.
MarkyX is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th June 2006, 05:19 PM   #2816
WildCat
NWO Master Conspirator

From the letter:
Quote:
When this story breaks, which according to my sources in the mainstream media is going to happen in the not to distant future, with the BBC now appointing a senior correspondent to investigate the 9/11 claims, I hope you will look deep into your conscience.
Not too distant future = not now, not soon, not ever.

Meacher can sleep well tonight.
Old 14th June 2006, 05:23 PM   #2817
XXX
Thinker

Cool, now we need to find a way to contact the Venice Film Fesitval so they can cancel Loose Change.

From the Cinema section of the Venice Film festival "contact us" part of the website.

Press Office

Tel. +39 041 5218861 - Fax +39 041 5200569

e-mail foreignpress@labiennale.org

"The truth has power for the simple reason that it is the truth. Wouldn't you prefer your truth like that?"
XXX is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th June 2006, 05:23 PM   #2818
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Are these letters to various politicians starting to take a rather Oswaldian turn, or is it just me?

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th June 2006, 05:30 PM   #2819
MarkyX
Master Poster

Originally Posted by XXX View Post
From the Cinema section of the Venice Film festival "contact us" part of the website.

Press Office

Tel. +39 041 5218861 - Fax +39 041 5200569

e-mail foreignpress@labiennale.org
Well kids, start emailing

http://alexjonescrazy.ytmnd.com/
Old 14th June 2006, 05:31 PM   #2820
brodski
Tea-Time toad

you may want to try here although given the rules, I don't think that LC will be eligible to enter, though.

Quote:
It is now possible to submit films to the selection of the 63rd Venice Film Festival (August 30 - September 9, 2006). Check out the regulations and fill in the online entry-form, available both for feature-length and for short films. Films must be presented as world premieres or at least never publicly screened outside their country of origin or in Italy. The deadline for submission is June 15, 2006.
(my bold- from the above link)
Old 14th June 2006, 05:34 PM   #2821
XXX
Thinker

although given the rules, I don't think that LC will be eligible to enter, though.
He said LC was selected for a "special" screening, not an entry. They will be showing films that are not entered during this festival as well.

"The truth has power for the simple reason that it is the truth. Wouldn't you prefer your truth like that?"
XXX is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th June 2006, 05:42 PM   #2822
brodski
Tea-Time toad

Originally Posted by XXX View Post
He said LC was selected for a "special" screening, not an entry. They will be showing films that are not entered during this festival as well.
I suspect that all that means is that LTW will have paid for a screening, as many people do at film festivals, this is not an endorsement of the film by the Venice film festival. Even if it where, i don't think that pointing out the lies in loose change will do much, they will be showing many works of fiction
That said, i think pointing out that the entire film is made up of stolen footage- which LTW have absolutely no right to use may prompt a swift withdrawal of the film. The Venice film festival staff may not be prepared to wade through a debunk of loose change (or may even decide that the loose change point of view deserves a platform, even if they disagree with that point of view) however they will be very interested in copyright matters.
Old 14th June 2006, 06:29 PM   #2823
steve s
Philosopher

From that blog...

Quote:
During our second conversation I told you, that what I was seeking was 'of Churchillian proportions', requiring resolute bravery but that David Ray Griffin, Dylan Avery (two people whose committment remains undiminished) and I would support you. In the final analysis, your courage deserted you.
Churchillian proportions?! These guys are so [Rule8]ing full of themselves, aren't they?

And is this the same "undiminished commitment" with which Dylan stood up to the Naudet brothers?

Steve S.

Last edited by steve s; 14th June 2006 at 07:22 PM.
steve s is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th June 2006, 08:12 PM   #2824
dubfan
Critical Thinker

Our lonely Loose Change thread here needs a bump so....

Here's your nightly dose of random stupidity:

Quote:
Hi,

I'm new to this forum so please forgive any errors in posting procedures as I get used to how things work.

The reason I’m here is to invite informed and sensible discussion on the evidence that no planes hit the WTC on Sept11.
http://s15.invisionfree.com/Loose_Ch...post&p=5277337

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of what he was never reasoned into." -- Jonathan Swift
dubfan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th June 2006, 08:31 PM   #2825
Kent1
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by WildCat View Post
From the letter:

Not too distant future = not now, not soon, not ever.

Meacher can sleep well tonight.
I'd like to know who this person is from BBC so I can e-mail them.
Kent1 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th June 2006, 08:32 PM   #2826
JamesB
Master Poster

Oh my God, that is hilarious, that has got to be the stupidest thing I have ever read. The World Trade Center was hit by giant flying blobs! That settles it.
JamesB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th June 2006, 08:41 PM   #2827
WildCat
NWO Master Conspirator

Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
Oh my God, that is hilarious, that has got to be the stupidest thing I have ever read. The World Trade Center was hit by giant flying blobs! That settles it.
Actually the WTC didn't really exist. It was a hologram, only the 1st 5 floors were real. The elevators didn't really go anywhere, and the view from the top floor restaurant was just a projection on a screen.

It's true.
Old 14th June 2006, 08:45 PM   #2828
Ramooone
Thinker

Originally Posted by Kent1 View Post
I'd like to know who this person is from BBC so I can e-mail them.
i work at BBC america and know for a fact that no one in the american office is talking about it.

"an astronomer tried to outwit a police officer by using the doppler affect, having been caught jumping a red light, the astronomer argued that the light appeared green to him because he was moving towards it and it blueshifted. the police office excused him of the red light ticket and promptly wrote him a speeding ticket."
Ramooone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th June 2006, 08:46 PM   #2829
Kent1
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by dubfan View Post
Our lonely Loose Change thread here needs a bump so....

Here's your nightly dose of random stupidity:

http://s15.invisionfree.com/Loose_Ch...post&p=5277337
Ah Holmgren is in the house. LOL!!!!
I don't know if he still supports this, but Read this LOL!!!
http://www.gallerize.com/What_Is_The...ram_Theory.htm

Last edited by Kent1; 14th June 2006 at 08:54 PM.
Kent1 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th June 2006, 08:52 PM   #2830
WildCat
NWO Master Conspirator

[gumby]
My brain hurts.
[/gumby]
Old 14th June 2006, 08:55 PM   #2831
JamesB
Master Poster

No, he says on the thread that you can't mention holograms. You guys are breaking the rules!
JamesB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th June 2006, 09:40 PM   #2832
dubfan
Critical Thinker

Ah Holmgren is in the house. LOL!!!!
I don't know if he still supports this, but Read this LOL!!!
http://www.gallerize.com/What_Is_The...ram_Theory.htm
Chucksheen is not amused at my spoof

Old 14th June 2006, 09:42 PM   #2833
Kent1
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
No, he says on the thread that you can't mention holograms. You guys are breaking the rules!
He used to be known as "hologram" Holmgren.
He's very mentaly ill. He went nuts on Steven Jones when Jones didn't buy the no plane theory. But I think they have some sort of an agreement now.
Old 14th June 2006, 09:44 PM   #2834
JamesB
Master Poster

LOL That was hilarious dub. The sad thing is that it is just about as accurate.
Old 14th June 2006, 09:47 PM   #2835
Mashuna
Ovis ex Machina

coincidence?
Own up, when you say you've already sent him Gravy's debunk of Loose Change, you mean you've been issuing him with death threats, don't you. DON'T YOU!
Mashuna is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th June 2006, 09:51 PM   #2836
dubfan
Critical Thinker

I just got to this. OMG, that is the funniest thing I have ever seen. It's a towering masterpiece of conspiradroid lunacy.

Old 14th June 2006, 09:56 PM   #2837
JamesB
Master Poster

Quote:
For example. Lets say the plane was real. It enters the building with no slowdown (my pixel by pixel analysis shows at most a 2% slowdown... well within statistical error of 0%). Amazing. This means that while the plane was entering, it was expending energy by breaking the walls AND expending energy by accelerating these impacted areas.

If that is the case, we must assume that the kinetic energy of the plane FAR exceeded that of the building. But wait a minute... if that was the case, why didn't the plane fly through to the other side like a bullet ? After all, if it lost 0 energy after travelling 75% of the way across the building, how could it lose all of it in the remaining 25%... twice in one day no less!
OMG I missed this part. Could someone please explain how he was able to calculate these extremely precise measurements of acceleration from a 24 frame per second video footage of a plane crash?

And how exactly does a building standing still have kinetic energy in relation to a plane crashing into it? This could change the study of physics as we know it.
Old 14th June 2006, 09:57 PM   #2838
RandFan
Mormon Atheist

Originally Posted by dubfan View Post
But DJLegacy likes it.
Old 14th June 2006, 10:12 PM   #2839
dubfan
Critical Thinker

http://s15.invisionfree.com/Loose_Ch...post&p=5294085

Quote:
Can someone explain the passengers?

I can't really remember everything about it and people keep asking me "what about the phonecalls?"

I feel like a real wacko if I start talking about voice-changing devices.
Don't you just HATE that? You start explaining your conspiracy theory to your buddies and maybe the hottie at the bar with the kickin little tramp-stamp, and you listen to yourself, and you think, "My god, what am I saying? Am I some kind of wacko?"

The answer to that question is, yes. If you are talking about voice-changing devices, you are a wacko.

Old 14th June 2006, 10:18 PM   #2840
Kent1
Graduate Poster

Killtown says:
"I think there are 25-28 videos of the 2nd hit. Even though that seems like a lot of videos to alter, just think how fast computers are today and what they can do. Now think of what the very best computers can do that the military possesses.

And I haven't seen one "amateur" video to date."

Really?
Well there you go....
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...aplanet+9%2F11
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories