ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags part 2 , loose change , 911 conspiracy theory

Closed Thread
Old 14th June 2006, 11:02 PM   #2841
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dubfan View Post
There are no small men living inside your TV, that's just plain nuts.

There are normal-sized men living inside your TV; the TV works like a reversed telescope, making them appear small.
Brainster is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th June 2006, 11:44 PM   #2842
brodski
Tea-Time toad

Originally Posted by Mashuna View Post
Own up, when you say you've already sent him Gravy's debunk of Loose Change, you mean you've been issuing him with death threats, don't you. DON'T YOU!
With some of the things Meacher has done in is career I've been tempted, but him being a 9/11 CT nut isn't on the top of that list.
brodski is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th June 2006, 11:54 PM   #2843
NobbyNobbs
Gazerbeam's Protege

Sentinel, I have two questions for you. Please don't take them the wrong way; I'm asking them honestly. The answers may help to clear up why people are having trouble understanding your posts.

1) How old are you?

2) Is English your first language?

Thanks in advance for your honesty.
NobbyNobbs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th June 2006, 02:46 AM   #2844
MarkyX
Master Poster

http://s15.invisionfree.com/Loose_Ch...post&p=5294085

Don't you just HATE that? You start explaining your conspiracy theory to your buddies and maybe the hottie at the bar with the kickin little tramp-stamp, and you listen to yourself, and you think, "My god, what am I saying? Am I some kind of wacko?"

The answer to that question is, yes. If you are talking about voice-changing devices, you are a wacko.
Voice changing devices only work on pre-recorded conservations. Even so, you would need to study the personality of each and every person so they make it sound 'authentic' to the loved ones.

Remember that Mark talked to two of his relatives before talking with his mom. The voice-morphing technology only stated that they go for recorded messages and didn't say anything about fooling multiple people in a live conversation. Therefore, no technology was used on Flight 93.
MarkyX is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th June 2006, 04:46 AM   #2845
Ducky

Originally Posted by MarkyX View Post
Voice changing devices only work on pre-recorded conservations. Even so, you would need to study the personality of each and every person so they make it sound 'authentic' to the loved ones.

Remember that Mark talked to two of his relatives before talking with his mom. The voice-morphing technology only stated that they go for recorded messages and didn't say anything about fooling multiple people in a live conversation. Therefore, no technology was used on Flight 93.

Which devices specifically are you referring to? If there was a link I apologise for missing it but this thread moves fast.

I am a recording engineer, and any computer effect you can use on a prerecorded snippet can be modified to affect a streaming recording too.

Not that I support this theory, but let's at least get our arguments accurate.
Ducky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th June 2006, 04:54 AM   #2846
Argumemnon
World Maker

Old 15th June 2006, 04:57 AM   #2847
Johnny Pixels
Graduate Poster

Would a sound-a-like be good enough though? People talk in particular ways, I realise they'd be in a stressful situation, but people tend to say things in one way rather than another. My only example of this is a bit weak, but I talked to my friends boyfriend on MSN once, and ratted him out straight away, because the way he says stuff is different from the way she says stuff.
Johnny Pixels is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th June 2006, 05:02 AM   #2848
chipmunk stew
Philosopher

You're back! Did you get reinstated, or did the suspension expire?

I notice DJLegacy has been stripped of his power.
chipmunk stew is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th June 2006, 05:14 AM   #2849
MarkyX
Master Poster

Originally Posted by fowlsound View Post
Which devices specifically are you referring to? If there was a link I apologise for missing it but this thread moves fast.

I am a recording engineer, and any computer effect you can use on a prerecorded snippet can be modified to affect a streaming recording too.

Not that I support this theory, but let's at least get our arguments accurate.
I lost the link, but it was talking about Powell being 'captured' and so forth.

However, it mentioned only recorded messages. It never said anything about handling a live conversation that can handle multiple people.
MarkyX is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th June 2006, 05:29 AM   #2850
Ducky

Originally Posted by MarkyX View Post
I lost the link, but it was talking about Powell being 'captured' and so forth.

However, it mentioned only recorded messages. It never said anything about handling a live conversation that can handle multiple people.

It wouldn't need to handle multiple people, it would just need to handle each source seperately.
Ducky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th June 2006, 05:32 AM   #2851
dubfan
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by chipmunk stew View Post
You're back! Did you get reinstated, or did the suspension expire?
Suspension just expired on 6/13 at 1PM.

Quote:
Temporarily. 24 hrs, I think. Not sure why.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of what he was never reasoned into." -- Jonathan Swift
dubfan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th June 2006, 05:39 AM   #2852
aggle-rithm
Ardent Formulist

Originally Posted by NobbyNobbs View Post
Sentinel, I have two questions for you. Please don't take them the wrong way; I'm asking them honestly. The answers may help to clear up why people are having trouble understanding your posts.

1) How old are you?
I'm guessing 97.

Shall we start a pool?

Woo's razor: Never attribute to stupidity that which can be adequately explained by aliens.
aggle-rithm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th June 2006, 05:40 AM   #2853
aggle-rithm
Ardent Formulist

I haven't seen so many purges since Stalin.

Woo's razor: Never attribute to stupidity that which can be adequately explained by aliens.
aggle-rithm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th June 2006, 06:11 AM   #2854
chipmunk stew
Philosopher

http://s15.invisionfree.com/Loose_Ch...post&p=5335376
Originally Posted by jessicajohnstone
Well now My account has been validated by the Administrators at JREF... this is going to be interesting to say the least........

Oh wells what ever comes my way, I will not be backin down.....
w00t!
chipmunk stew is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th June 2006, 06:14 AM   #2855
chipmunk stew
Philosopher

http://s15.invisionfree.com/Loose_Ch...post&p=5139400
Originally Posted by chucksheen
CurtC, I am curious. Please respond honestly to the following.

Have you seen:

Who Killed John O'Neil?
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=19...who+killed+john

Instead of worrying about people who don’t buy into the official story....
tell us why YOU’RE so blind....and can’t think for yourself.

WE are the crazy people???

Hey you believe THEIR wild story without even needing proof?!!!?

you see a plane in the Pentagon?
you see a plane in Shanksville?
wtc7 fell cause there was a FIRE in it?!?!
Both towers fell, at FREE FALL speed?
HOW do you know there were 19 terrorists? And don’t say "I watched the news"

You see, if you buy the 9/11 story, without one shred of proof, YOU my friends are the wack jobs.

So go ahead, attack the messenger, COMPLETELY ignore the message!!!!

No need to have chips planted in our heads to control our thoughts. We just watch the “news”.

When the whole world is protesting in the streets for 9/11 justice, you’ll be the last one with your head still in the sand.

So, what’s it like being a spook? Are you with MI5 or the CIA?

A few thousand spooks can’t control two billion internet users.

Your scoffing sounds more like the desperations of a dying regime.

Scoff all you like. No doubt you’ll fry in the chair with the rest of the culprits.

I’m sure the good folk of the US will reinstitute the electric chair when this can of worms is levered fully open.

The authorities didn’t factor the internet into their 9/11 conspiracy.

2 airplanes, 3 buildings. Someone at the CIA didn’t do their math when planning 9/11.

Even Hollywood does a better job than 9/11!!

The US authorities have much more resources than a bunch of fanatics in the Middle East.

Tonights bedtime story: Once upon a time there was a 9/11…

Power tends to corrupt. Just look at 9/11 for proof…

Santa, the Easter Bunny, 9/11,... some people will believe anything.

Talk about connecting the dots:

Who Killed John O'Neil?
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=19...who+killed+john

Then when you are done with that don't rely on Loose Change, it's not the only documentary covering the inconsistancies. Checkout the following site and get all documentaries under your belt. If you are honest with yourself and watch them completely you will never believe the official 9/11 Cover Story again.

http://www.UniversalSeed.org - Inconvenient Truths
Best chucksheen post ever...
Old 15th June 2006, 06:28 AM   #2856
Mashuna
Ovis ex Machina

Quote:
WE are the crazy people
I've edited Chucksheen's post to the key message, to save time.

It's ok, no need to thank me, consider it a public service.
Mashuna is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th June 2006, 06:48 AM   #2857
Hutch
A broken man on a Halifax pier, the last of Barrett's Privateers

Best chucksheen post ever...
You see, that is why chuckie is upset with dubfan's spoof: it did not give him a reason to link his two most favorite things in the whole wide world (the John O'Neil movie and universalseed) and that made him grumpy.

So DJLegacy is now feeling the heat; wonder if it had anything to do with his sad performance over here...our maybe he should just change his name to Robspierre...
Old 15th June 2006, 06:50 AM   #2858
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Anybody ever catalog all the major conspiracy theories on this, and who believes them? I mean, you got your "no planes" theorists, you got your planes into the WTC but not the Pentagon believers, you've got the LIHOP crowd, and I'm sure there are a couple out there who believe the only conspiracy was to cover up the shooting down of Flight 93. Then of course you've got who did it: the Neocons at PNAC, the Zionists, 19 hijackers duped by Tim Osmann, CIA agent. Chuck Sheen seems to think it's like a Chinese restaurant; you take one from column A, two from column B....
Brainster is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th June 2006, 07:13 AM   #2859
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Chucksheen could use some 'Dilute! Dilute! OK! OK! Jellyfish! Dinosaurs!" in his post.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th June 2006, 07:14 AM   #2860
Argumemnon
World Maker

Certainly worthy of Conspiracy Theorists Say The Darndest Things.
Old 15th June 2006, 07:20 AM   #2861
60hzxtl
Muse

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
Anybody ever catalog all the major conspiracy theories on this, and who believes them? I mean, you got your "no planes" theorists, you got your planes into the WTC but not the Pentagon believers, you've got the LIHOP crowd, and I'm sure there are a couple out there who believe the only conspiracy was to cover up the shooting down of Flight 93. Then of course you've got who did it: the Neocons at PNAC, the Zionists, 19 hijackers duped by Tim Osmann, CIA agent. Chuck Sheen seems to think it's like a Chinese restaurant; you take one from column A, two from column B....

Please, It is an unending task and your head will blow up - They contradict, overlap, cancel each other out, and support everthing from Zardoz to floride in the water. I like the latest ones about chemtrails - and this quote had me rolling:

---im not a doctor but i had cold/flu-like symptoms that did not feel like the flu/cold. i think something might be going on, potentially to kill off or sedate those who might be hearing about the truth.

any thoughts on this? ---

Yipes! Then how do you know it's not just a hangnail?
60hzxtl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th June 2006, 07:40 AM   #2862
Arkan_Wolfshade
Philosopher

You mean it won't be another DJLegacy thread gull incident?
Arkan_Wolfshade is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th June 2006, 07:45 AM   #2863
azazal
Ninja Wave: Techno Ninja

Originally Posted by Arkan_Wolfshade View Post
Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
Sentinel;

Apologies for the mistake in spelling. I have always had a bad habit of putting 'a' where an 'e' should go.

Now, about that explosion that Arkan and Huntsman demonstrated the math for way back in this thread (like maybe 6 hours ago?). Are yolu planning to cite any reasons for why the explosion 'looks' bigger than it should have been?
Whoa, totally wasn't me. I like exploding things, but math of explosions isn't my forte.

*cough*
Old 15th June 2006, 07:53 AM   #2864
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

'course, you never have to back down if you never got started.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th June 2006, 08:44 AM   #2865
Regnad Kcin
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Amorelli @ LC
I've noticed from the few times going to their forums that JREF forums are all about just taking whatever the government or corporations tell them as truth...because it's "official". If you are alternative..."YOU'RE CRAZY!"
Damn, this guy has seen through us. Why, oh why do we succumb to the power of the word "official?" I told you all it would be our undoing sooner or later!
Old 15th June 2006, 08:51 AM   #2866
chipmunk stew
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Regnad Kcin View Post
Damn, this guy has seen through us. Why, oh why do we succumb to the power of the word "official?" I told you all it would be our undoing sooner or later!
I read in an official, corporate-sponsored study that Amorelli's observation skills are poor. Must be true.
Old 15th June 2006, 09:14 AM   #2867
Argumemnon
World Maker

Originally Posted by 60hzxtl View Post
Please, It is an unending task and your head will blow up - They contradict, overlap, cancel each other out, and support everthing from Zardoz to floride in the water. I like the latest ones about chemtrails - and this quote had me rolling:

---im not a doctor but i had cold/flu-like symptoms that did not feel like the flu/cold. i think something might be going on, potentially to kill off or sedate those who might be hearing about the truth.

any thoughts on this? ---
Cold/flu-like symptoms that don't feel like the flu/cold. Yep. That's a non-non-contradiction if I ever heard one.
Old 15th June 2006, 09:15 AM   #2868
Argumemnon
World Maker

Originally Posted by Regnad Kcin View Post
He's never been in the Politics subforum...
Old 15th June 2006, 09:17 AM   #2869
Arkan_Wolfshade
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
He's never been in the Politics subforum...
It's pretty clear that the LC forumites view the entire JREF forum as being the General Skepticism and The Paranormal subforum. They either do not look at, or even recognize: Science and Mathematics; Religion and Philosophy; Politics; Education and Literature; Computers and the Internet; or any of the casual/entertainment subforums.
Arkan_Wolfshade is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th June 2006, 09:20 AM   #2870
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

Cold/flu-like symptoms that don't feel like the flu/cold. Yep. That's a non-non-contradiction if I ever heard one.
It's just like a controlled demolition that does not look like a controlled demolition, thereby proving that it was a never-previously-used-type controlled demolition.
Old 15th June 2006, 09:30 AM   #2871
Apollyon
Muse

It could be a serious allergic reaction to evidence.
Apollyon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th June 2006, 09:36 AM   #2872
brodski
Tea-Time toad

Originally Posted by Apollyon View Post
It could be a serious allergic reaction to evidence.
don't be silly, loosers avoid evidence at all costs, they've never been in enough contact with evidence for an allergic reaction to occur.
brodski is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th June 2006, 09:43 AM   #2873
Apollyon
Muse

Originally Posted by brodski View Post
don't be silly, loosers avoid evidence at all costs, they've never been in enough contact with evidence for an allergic reaction to occur.
I have an allergey to Jasmine and avoid it at all costs too. Unfortunately, despite any evasion technique, it occassionally finds me.

There's little doubt in my mind it was a purely accidental exposure.
Apollyon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th June 2006, 09:55 AM   #2874
Hutch
A broken man on a Halifax pier, the last of Barrett's Privateers

Originally Posted by azazal View Post
*cough*
Many and abject apologies, azazal; I remembered it started with an 'a', but I was simply too lazy to wander back in the thread to find it, so I took a guess--should know better than to do that with this bunch.

Ought to be a rule that any thread over 1000 posts gets locked down and a new one started; impossible to keep up.
Old 15th June 2006, 09:56 AM   #2875
Correa Neto
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Arkan_Wolfshade View Post
It's pretty clear that the LC forumites view the entire JREF forum as being the General Skepticism and The Paranormal subforum. They either do not look at, or even recognize: Science and Mathematics; Religion and Philosophy; Politics; Education and Literature; Computers and the Internet; or any of the casual/entertainment subforums.
For their own good, they'd better stay away from R&P. Lifegazer is back and they would most likely think he's right... Assuming, of course they would manage to read one of his posts.
Racism, sexism, ignorance, homophobia, intolerance, extremism, authoritarianism, environmental disasters, politically correct crap, violence at sport stadiums, slavery, poverty, wars, people who disagree with me:
Together we can find the cure
Oh, and together we can find a cure to religion too…
Correa Neto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th June 2006, 10:04 AM   #2876
dubfan
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
There are no small men living inside your TV, that's just plain nuts.

There are normal-sized men living inside your TV; the TV works like a reversed telescope, making them appear small.
What are you, some kind of CIA shill?

COINTELPRO!!

It's teh disinformation!!1111

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of what he was never reasoned into." -- Jonathan Swift
dubfan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th June 2006, 10:12 AM   #2877
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by 60hzxtl View Post
Please, It is an unending task and your head will blow up - They contradict, overlap, cancel each other out, and support everthing from Zardoz to floride in the water.
Well, I was just thinking of the reasonable, errr, responsible, errr, possible, errr....

Maybe you're right.
Old 15th June 2006, 10:32 AM   #2878
Regnad Kcin
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
...Ought to be a rule that any thread over 1000 posts gets locked down and a new one started; impossible to keep up.
I don't know if a rule is warranted, but I essentially agree with you. About 500-1000 posts ago I suggested to Zakur that this one be closed and Pt. 3 begun. Who knows when or if it'll be done.
Old 15th June 2006, 11:13 AM   #2879
Arkan_Wolfshade
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Correa Neto View Post
For their own good, they'd better stay away from R&P. Lifegazer is back and they would most likely think he's right... Assuming, of course they would manage to read one of his posts.
On the flip side, they might end up with exposure to hammegk. Consider:

1. CTers exposure to undiluted hammegk.
2. ?
3. Profit!
Old 15th June 2006, 11:22 AM   #2880
dubfan
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Kent1 View Post
Killtown says:
"I think there are 25-28 videos of the 2nd hit. Even though that seems like a lot of videos to alter, just think how fast computers are today and what they can do. Now think of what the very best computers can do that the military possesses.

And I haven't seen one "amateur" video to date."

Really?
Well there you go....
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...aplanet+9%2F11
Posted.

http://s15.invisionfree.com/Loose_Ch...post&p=5341419

Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories