ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags part 2 , loose change , 911 conspiracy theory

Closed Thread
Old 18th June 2006, 07:02 PM   #3201
EchoWars
Student

Thank you for the welcome. I'm still trying to get myself up to speed. FWIW, I feel oddly at home here.

Fathers Day today, so the whole fam damily got together (as families do), and someone brought up the issue of the 9/11 CT's. At least it seems that no one I'm close to needs to be b**ch-slapped into understanding that the ability to make a video does not mean that the expertise in the areas necessary to draw proper conclusions is automatically conferred upon you. Makes me proud of my clan.

I read (in the paper that Gravy linked to a few threads ago), that LC was originally intended as fiction or parody...can't seem to find anything that points this out (like a quote from Avery).

Pardon the dumb or repetitive questions...I'm in information overload and doing my best.
EchoWars is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th June 2006, 07:11 PM   #3202
chipmunk stew
Philosopher

Originally Posted by EchoWars View Post
Thank you for the welcome. I'm still trying to get myself up to speed. FWIW, I feel oddly at home here.

Fathers Day today, so the whole fam damily got together (as families do), and someone brought up the issue of the 9/11 CT's. At least it seems that no one I'm close to needs to be b**ch-slapped into understanding that the ability to make a video does not mean that the expertise in the areas necessary to draw proper conclusions is automatically conferred upon you. Makes me proud of my clan.

I read (in the paper that Gravy linked to a few threads ago), that LC was originally intended as fiction or parody...can't seem to find anything that points this out (like a quote from Avery).

Pardon the dumb or repetitive questions...I'm in information overload and doing my best.
While the Loosers have proven over and over again that there IS such thing as a stupid question, yours are not. We're here to inform and be informed.

Dylan's first sentence in this interview explains that LC was originally to be a work of fiction:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3ZjJQWNQZ...ry%20interview
chipmunk stew is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th June 2006, 07:20 PM   #3203
EchoWars
Student

Originally Posted by chipmunk stew View Post
While the Loosers have proven over and over again that there IS such thing as a stupid question, yours are not. We're here to inform and be informed.
Thank you!

With a subject and very long discourse such as LC has generated, I guess I was being sensitive to the fact that there HAS to be 1000 questions that keep getting asked over and over.

'preciated...
EchoWars is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th June 2006, 07:38 PM   #3204
delphi_ote
Philosopher

Originally Posted by EchoWars View Post
Thank you!

With a subject and very long discourse such as LC has generated, I guess I was being sensitive to the fact that there HAS to be 1000 questions that keep getting asked over and over.

'preciated...
There's nothing wrong with a question being asked and answered over and over again as long as the person asking the question can actually be convinced by the answer and isn't trying to prove something by asking the question.
delphi_ote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th June 2006, 07:40 PM   #3205
delphi_ote
Philosopher

Originally Posted by MarkyX View Post
I also might know the artist of that comic. Lemme use my webcomic powers to find out (FREE PLUG: http://www.chroniclesofgaras.com)

EDIT: Doh, the link is already in the image properties, but it is someone who I knew in the past.

YET ANOTHER EDIT: This ****ers do not know about geeks. They would never buy into this madness they call the truth. I'm involved in numerous gamer/anime communities and the only chance they have is freaking Gaia Online (which is the closet you get to teenage closet yaoi freaks) or Furries.

ANOTHER EDIT: Oh **** that idiot artist is actually PART of the 9/11 truth. The idiot must be really seeking attention because his webcomic sucks.
Webcomics are going the way of CT? Man this sucks...
delphi_ote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th June 2006, 07:53 PM   #3206
MarkyX
Master Poster

Originally Posted by delphi_ote View Post
Webcomics are going the way of CT? Man this sucks...
Nah, not all of them.

But this particular one, who is hosting the images, is named PokeyBot. Bascailly it's a rather ****** video game comic with ****** writing and artwork. The creator behind it wanted to make it big like Penny Arcade, but failed and blamed numerous people, including successful video game comics, on it. He blasted my webcomic on another board around two years ago (over what, I don't remember)

It's no surprise that this loser is trying to get into the CT business. Either he is stupid or sees a potential use of his...*cough*, talents. As you can see, he actually believes the images he is using is called 'effective satire'. Told you he is a **** writer.

Last edited by MarkyX; 18th June 2006 at 08:01 PM.
MarkyX is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th June 2006, 09:39 PM   #3207
CptColumbo
Just One More Question

Originally Posted by chipmunk stew View Post
Dylan's first sentence in this interview explains that LC was originally to be a work of fiction:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3ZjJQWNQZ...ry%20interview
...And it ended up a work of fiction, so mission accomplished.
The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices to be only found in the minds of men. Prejudices and suspicion can destroy, and a thoughtless frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all its own.--Rod Serling
CptColumbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th June 2006, 10:55 PM   #3208
dubfan
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by 60hzxtl View Post
". . . he counted 81 "errors of fact and instances of conjecture not supported by evidence, logical fallacies, uses of images that do not support the conclusions being drawn, and other flubs".
Good grief, that article made an error about the number of errors. There are 81 errors of fact (true), but 426 errors of all types -- "flubs".

Sheesh.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of what he was never reasoned into." -- Jonathan Swift
dubfan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 19th June 2006, 12:04 AM   #3209
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger

Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
Originally Posted by The_Fire View Post
Dear, *********** deities! That thing is still for sale! They just moved it off-site to a third party!

The idiots runnning the third-party
The sales site

ETA: How do I get in touch with the Naudets and their laywers?!

Thankyou, The Fire for finding that out, and a pre-emptive thanks for getting in touch with the lawyers. (If I don't hear from you soon that you've done it, I'll do it myself. We don't want to both do it, as if they're getting bombarded with emails (and threats in the case of the Looosers) from the likes of the Looosers and Les Raphael, I don't want to add to their inbox unnecessarily.)

The Naudets (or their film) are managed by the William Morris Agency in New York.

The Naudets' lawyers' (the ones who took the action against LC) website is here:
http://www.fgks.com/default.asp

You can email their lawyers here:
http://www.fgks.com/contact.asp
The lawyer who sent the letter to Dylan Avery was Lisa E. Davis of that firm.

(Les Raphael has some other contact details for the Naudets in his article but I wouldn't count on their accuracy.)
Old 19th June 2006, 12:11 AM   #3210
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger

Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
EchoWars, it is heartwarming and encouraging to read what you've posted about finding the forum, Gravy's Critique, and your being able to debunk the 9/11 CT for your family.
Thankyou very much for posting, and let me add:

Old 19th June 2006, 12:11 AM   #3211
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

I've split this thread to make it slightly more accessible, Part III can be found here: http://www.internationalskeptics.com...ad.php?t=58618

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories