IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 14th December 2020, 07:09 AM   #121
azazal
Ninja Wave: Techno Ninja

It'll never happen, but by the power of FSM, Trump never shows up for the inauguration. In fact, no one is able to find him at all, not in DC, New York, Mar-A-Lago, he is simply now where to be found.

The fact that a new inmate, who is kept in 24/7 isolation, showed up in Guantanamo on Jan 20th is a mere coincidence.
Old 14th December 2020, 07:10 AM   #122
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

There's no way Trump will go if he can't make a speech and the outgoing president never makes a speech. He'll go to a venue he controls and try to get earned media coverage to compete with Biden's inauguration. I'm not sure if he'll go full "presidency in exile" or just announce a 2024 bid.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th December 2020, 07:12 AM   #123
malbui
Beauf

Originally Posted by azazal View Post
It'll never happen, but by the power of FSM, Trump never shows up for the inauguration. In fact, no one is able to find him at all, not in DC, New York, Mar-A-Lago, he is simply now where to be found.

The fact that a new inmate, who is kept in 24/7 isolation, showed up in Guantanamo on Jan 20th is a mere coincidence.
I'm liking the idea of the new AG or whoever denying any knowledge of his whereabouts. 'As a private citizen Mr Trump has the right to travel anywhere he wishes and to maintain his privacy'.
Old 14th December 2020, 08:17 AM   #124
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Any figures, or this is just more on the "Cops are Evil" atittude that is popular here>
And if that is true, then the Progressives should be out buying weapons by any logic.
Does viewing them as armed friendlies count? Actual statistics no one has any but there is plenty of evidence that this is wide spread.
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th December 2020, 08:20 AM   #125
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post
I can’t imagine how hard he’ll get if he gets a foreign leader to visit Mar-A-Lago.
Well until it gets repossessed for failure to pay the loans against it.
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th December 2020, 09:10 AM   #126
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
Trump will never concede.
He'll pack up and move his personal "white house" to Florida where he'll continue to act like he's in charge, and persist in inviting everyone to wade through his shallow stream of consciousness in the twitterverse.
Whether or not anyone actually listens to him, or takes him seriously, remains to be seen.
Why should anybody (apart from hard-core fans and junior reporters in need of a juicy story) listen to him?

Hans
Old 14th December 2020, 09:23 AM   #127
Delvo
Дэлво Δελϝο דֶלְבֹֿ देल्वो

Originally Posted by The Don View Post
I would expect President Trump to try and make it all about him, demanding to make a long speech as outgoing President
Unfortunately, this is exactly the kind of trick Biden would fall for. Fortunately, Trump probably wouldn't want to do it because he'd want to be at an event that's all about him, not just take over part of somebody else's.

Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper View Post
I suppose the best compromise would be to allow him to attend, but place him somewhere out of the way during the ceremony, where he can't try to steal the show.
If he's anywhere in the vicinity, the media will find him and point their cameras & microphones at him. And if he's not, they'll do the same thing wherever else he is too. Even if he makes no public appearance, they'll set up outside whatever building he's in and put live video of that building on TV with audio of themselves speculating about whether & how soon he might step outside or wave from a window.
Delvo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th December 2020, 09:46 AM   #128
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post
Why should anybody (apart from hard-core fans and junior reporters in need of a juicy story) listen to him?

Hans
Clickbait.

It really explains everything about how he became President.
Old 14th December 2020, 09:53 AM   #129
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!

Hans
Late night talk shows and SNL would have a field day with it.
It'd be the best of both worlds for them, sure, he's not President anymore, but it wouldn't stop him from being a comedy goldmine still...
"Here's the latest nonbinding executive order from 'President in Exile', Donald J. Trump... "
Old 14th December 2020, 10:00 AM   #130
P.J. Denyer
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
^This.

The moment he becomes citizen Trump again, a whole slew of protections no longer apply. Not just Twitter, which will be among the least of his worries. Life will be VERY different for Donny on Jan 21. He may even be having to learn a different language...possibly Russian.
He might want to start with learning the Russian for "About that money I owe you..."

"Nebulous means Nebulous" - Adam Hills
P.J. Denyer is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th December 2020, 07:58 AM   #131
Donal
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
There's no way Trump will go if he can't make a speech and the outgoing president never makes a speech. He'll go to a venue he controls and try to get earned media coverage to compete with Biden's inauguration. I'm not sure if he'll go full "presidency in exile" or just announce a 2024 bid.
He'll announce "TrumpTV", his online news network. Basically, a Facebook group with a subscription fee. He'll do a weekly "Address to the Nation". due to FEC laws, he won't announce his 2024 candidacy right away, but he'll be cagey about it and get other talking heads to mention it. If he thinks it will work, he'll announce his run during sweeps week in 2023 (yes, he will still think sweeps week is a thing). If not, he will just try to play kingmaker. Granted, he's an idiot with no impulse control, so he may announce his candidacy early and screw up the whole thing.

Hans
I can see Putin or his lackeys making him seem like a big deal. Maybe some Chinese government officials. Anything to undermine the US government. I can definitely see Kim Jung Un talking him up. Hell, if Netanyahu's corruption trials get worse and Biden doesn't kiss his ass enough, he may give shout outs to Trump again as well.

Last edited by Donal; 15th December 2020 at 08:03 AM.
Donal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th December 2020, 08:26 AM   #132
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

I also imagine the Proud Boys will stir up some **** on the 20th. Probably on in DC but maybe the 21st or the following weekend. I'd love it if they tried to go full insurrection in DC on the weekend before the election when the city goes on near lock down leading up to the ceremony.

I think DC Metro cops made about 30 arrests on this past Saturday and Sunday, some on serious violent felonies. One hopes that will be enough to give pause to any more violence in DC.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th December 2020, 09:50 AM   #133
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
I also imagine the Proud Boys will stir up some **** on the 20th. Probably on in DC but maybe the 21st or the following weekend. I'd love it if they tried to go full insurrection in DC on the weekend before the election when the city goes on near lock down leading up to the ceremony.

I think DC Metro cops made about 30 arrests on this past Saturday and Sunday, some on serious violent felonies. One hopes that will be enough to give pause to any more violence in DC.
I think cops in DC have already been told that everybody will be on duty come January 20th.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th December 2020, 11:05 AM   #134
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

I think cops in DC have already been told that everybody will be on duty come January 20th.
I'd expect that to be routine anyhow.

Wonder how the new Oval Office at Mar a Lago is coming?
Old 15th December 2020, 11:56 AM   #135
Donal
Illuminator

It's going to be a replica of the actual one but with more gold plating and "designer" brands that poor people think rich people like. Like Trump apparel.
Old 15th December 2020, 12:15 PM   #136
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Roger Ramjets View Post
And he will. At least 75% of republicans believe he is the real winner, and those people aren't going to watch Biden's inauguration - but they will watch Trump's. Trump may even get more people turning up to this one than the last one!
I keep seeing this but it should really be written with a caveat: 75% of Republicans which make of 25% of the voters or however many are still in that party these days.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th December 2020, 12:18 PM   #137
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
Clickbait.

It really explains everything about how he became President.
And much as they shouldn't, the press can't resist that click-bait.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th December 2020, 01:42 PM   #138
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Delvo View Post
Quote:
I would expect President Trump to try and make it all about him, demanding to make a long speech as outgoing President
Unfortunately, this is exactly the kind of trick Biden would fall for.
Ummm... why?

I know Biden is less likely to take a hardcore stance towards dealing with Stubby McBonespurs. But do you really think Biden would be so dumb as to give him a platform to derail the inauguration ceremonies?

Did you ever think this whole "Wah! A progressive didn't win so I am going to assume this guy who is left but not radical is defective" attitude has gone a bit too far?

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th December 2020, 05:55 PM   #139
Matthew Ellard
Suspended

If the Trump organisation intended to start or purchase a conservative news service, in competition to Murdoch's Fox News, he would have needed to have already started activities to allow for this.

I had wondered if Trump would have himself "inaugurated" on a new conservative TV channel as the "only man who tells the truth" and "fights against liberal lies". However he has to do this very soon after inauguration day or his profile capital will diminish to rapidly. It doesn't appear to be happening. .

Another fundamental problem is Trump himself, is not good on-screen talent. He worked in short soundbites and could not host a half hour show on his own, every week-night. If he surrounded his show with Hannity and Carlson shows, he would lose ratings for his show, and if he didn't have his own on-screen show then what would be the point of starting a new conservative network? Murdoch would destroy Trump in weeks.

I understand that Trump controls the list of Trump's GOP political donors. I'm guessing he will make future money leasing that list to other GOP PACs for a commission, as this will only require him to do the occasional sound bite on Fox with no business risk.
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th December 2020, 06:22 PM   #140
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
I keep seeing this but it should really be written with a caveat: 75% of Republicans which make of 25% of the voters or however many are still in that party these days.
About 126 people. Or more accurately, congress-critters.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th December 2020, 06:22 PM   #141
dirtywick
Illuminator

As much as it’s tradition for ex-presidents to step away from politics, I think it may be a myth that it’s by choice. I’d predict dwindling numbers of paid Appearances and a book everyone knows he didn’t write. Him playing GOP king maker and making a run at 2024 is all a pipe dream imo. And everyone jumping into the Trump loyalty dick measuring contests now are going to regret it. Nobody sending any money will care what Trump has to say in 6 months
dirtywick is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th December 2020, 06:23 PM   #142
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Matthew Ellard View Post
If the Trump organisation intended to start or purchase a conservative news service, in competition to Murdoch's Fox News, he would have needed to have already started activities to allow for this.

I had wondered if Trump would have himself "inaugurated" on a new conservative TV channel as the "only man who tells the truth" and "fights against liberal lies". However he has to do this very soon after inauguration day or his profile capital will diminish to rapidly. It doesn't appear to be happening. .

Another fundamental problem is Trump himself, is not good on-screen talent. He worked in short soundbites and could not host a half hour show on his own, every week-night. If he surrounded his show with Hannity and Carlson shows, he would lose ratings for his show, and if he didn't have his own on-screen show then what would be the point of starting a new conservative network? Murdoch would destroy Trump in weeks.

I understand that Trump controls the list of Trump's GOP political donors. I'm guessing he will make future money leasing that list to other GOP PACs for a commission, as this will only require him to do the occasional sound bite on Fox with no business risk.
Anything that brings him free money for little or no effort, Donny will do. That's all he is there for now. He has debts. They need to be repaid. He ALWAYS uses other peoples' money because he has none of his own.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th December 2020, 06:51 PM   #143
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Loony Tunes.

Quote:
A former Houston Police Department Captain was arrested and charged for running a man off the road and pointing a gun at his head in an attempt to prove claims of a massive voter fraud scheme in Harris County, according to a news release from the Harris County's DA's office.

https://abc13.com/mark-anthony-aguir...enter/8802235/
These guys have gone crazy.
Old 15th December 2020, 07:14 PM   #144
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

If Trump had considered his “own” media channel it was probably him licensing his name for someone to use. Not him having to do anything.
Old 15th December 2020, 09:16 PM   #145
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
The Houston Liberty Center is in deep doo doo if they did pay the guy for his actions.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th December 2020, 05:56 AM   #146
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

They are on every inauguration. The DC National Guard gets called up along with portions of Maryland's and Virginia's.
Old 16th December 2020, 06:10 AM   #147
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

If Trump had considered his “own” media channel it was probably him licensing his name for someone to use. Not him having to do anything.
He'd never put his own money into such a venture. I doubt Newsmax and OAN have deep enough pockets for him. They don't get many big, blue chip advertisers and OANN isn't carried on COMCAST or Spectrum. Neither could offer Trump what NBC did for "The Apprentice".
Old 16th December 2020, 07:02 AM   #148
Armitage72
Philosopher

The Houston Liberty Center is in deep doo doo if they did pay the guy for his actions.

I can't view the original link at the moment, so I don't know if it's there, but the CNN story says they apparently did, or at least paid him after the attack.

Quote:
Aguirre had been paid more than $260,000 by the "Liberty Center" group, prosecutors alleged, and received about $211,400 the day following the incident.
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th December 2020, 07:48 AM   #149
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
From your link:

Quote:
According to Aguirre, he had been conducting surveillance for four days on a man who was allegedly the mastermind of a giant voter fraud scheme. Aguirre told authorities the man was hiding 750,000 fraudulent ballots in a truck he was driving.

Instead, the victim turned out to be an innocent air conditioner repairman, court documents said.
Sounds like his attorney is a whackjob too:

Quote:
"I think it's a political prosecution. I really do," said Terry Yates, Aguirre's attorney. "He was working and investigating voter fraud, and there was an accident. A member of the car got out and rushed at him and that's where the confrontation took place. It's very different from what you're citing in the affidavit."
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th December 2020, 10:45 AM   #150
Donal
Illuminator

That's how The Apprentice started. He basically stamped his brand on it and showed up for the last 5 minutes or so. He was more of a background figure. Once it was a ratings success though, he decided it was all because of him and made it all about himself. He exerted more creative control. That's also when the ratings fell and they eventually went to an all "Celebrity Apprentice" format. But, he still bragged about the ratings.

So, he'll probably get someone else to foto the bill (or loan the money) but his face will be all over it.
Old 16th December 2020, 05:53 PM   #151
EHocking
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
I'd expect that to be routine anyhow.

Wonder how the new Oval Office at Mar a Lago is coming?
Not at all? Trump cannot retire to Mar-a-Lago since it is not a private residence.
Neighbors of Mar-a-Lago sent a letter to the Town of Palm Beach and the U.S. Secret Service on Tuesday complaining that Mr. Trump has violated the 1993 agreement he made with the town that allowed him to convert the property to a moneymaking club.

“Per the use agreement of 1993, Mar-a-Lago is a social club, and no one may reside on the property,” wrote Reginald Stambaugh, a lawyer representing the DeMoss family, which has a property next to Mar-a-Lago.
You can't make up anything anymore. The world itself is a satire. All you're doing is recording it. Art Buchwald
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th December 2020, 08:15 PM   #152
Matthew Ellard
Suspended

I thought about that, but ownership without appearing onscreen doesn't seem to matter. Murdoch sold off Sky News UK to raise money to buy out Fox News, when the shareholders wanted full voting rights in their class of shares.

Murdoch still owns Sky News (Australia) because it had no sale value.
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th December 2020, 10:12 PM   #153
Mumbles
Philosopher

They've screwed things up on inaguration day before - in fact, feds literally had to drop all charges related to J20 events back in 2016, simply because they arrested so many people without managing to differentiate between actual pseudoanarchist idiots, normal protestors, and outright badge-wearing journalists, that they couldn't make a case against anyone. Basically, aside from the folks that pleaded guilty (and that can be iffy, given the decades-long charges being faced), everyone was let go.

They may well be on the lookout for idiots like the Proud Boys this time, after they decided to attack two historic black churches in the city last saturday, though. I'd honestly have a hard time imagining such a spectacularly stupid move on the part of that particular street gang.
Mumbles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th December 2020, 10:25 PM   #154
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by slyjoe View Post
There are actually 10 crimes under the "Treason" code.

18 USC Ch. 115: TREASON, SEDITION, AND SUBVERSIVE ACTIVITIES
2381.Treason.
2382.Misprision of treason.
2383.Rebellion or insurrection.
2384.Seditious conspiracy.
2385.Advocating overthrow of Government.
2386.Registration of certain organizations.
2387.Activities affecting armed forces generally.
2388.Activities affecting armed forces during war.
2389.Recruiting for service against United States.
2390.Enlistment to serve against United States.

https://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?...edition=prelim
No, there is only one crime under the "Treason" part of the US Code, and that is the same as is listed in the US Constitution. There are 9 crimes under the "Sedition and Subversive Activities" part of the US Code. Those 9 are not Treason, they are Sedition and Subversive Activities. These three things, while related in the betrayal of one's country, are all different, just as Murder, Felony Murder, Manslaughter, and Justifiable Homicide are all covered under the same US Codes, but are all different forms of Homicide.

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th December 2020, 12:56 AM   #155
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger

Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
Originally Posted by EHocking View Post
Not at all? Trump cannot retire to Mar-a-Lago since it is not a private residence.
Neighbors of Mar-a-Lago sent a letter to the Town of Palm Beach and the U.S. Secret Service on Tuesday complaining that Mr. Trump has violated the 1993 agreement he made with the town that allowed him to convert the property to a moneymaking club.

“Per the use agreement of 1993, Mar-a-Lago is a social club, and no one may reside on the property,” wrote Reginald Stambaugh, a lawyer representing the DeMoss family, which has a property next to Mar-a-Lago.
I don't see anything on @realDonaldTrump about it.

But it would be funny if he moved in then got evicted.
Orphia Nay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th December 2020, 01:14 AM   #156
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by The Don View Post
I would expect President Trump to try and make it all about him, demanding to make a long speech as outgoing President and using that speech to continue to make unsubstantiated claims of voter fraud and to insist that he is the rightful President.
And whom would Trump make this demand of?

Trump is mentally ill. That is well documented.

He is reported to be depressed and fluctuating between plans to leave and planning to have a competing event, taking Air Force 1 to FL and holding an event there in hopes the news media will give him more attention than they give to Biden.

Given how obsessed he was with "more people came to my inauguration than went to Obama's," clearly he is still obsessed with the inauguration crowd size, like anyone else cares.

It has also been reported that people in the WH like Miller are feeding him nonsense that Trump really can get Congress to overturn the election results and crown him with 4 more years. Of course he is choosing to keep these people around him.

It's not going to happen. Congress is not going to crown him king. But given his mental illness he's going to hold on to this fantasy as long as there is some glimmer of hope. So again we wait until the next deadline, in this case Jan 6th.

At that point it is over, again. It already is over, mind you. But after Jan 6th there are no more options for Trump. He does not have an army to stage a coup. He is not a military leader or even a leader the military respects. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN and it never was.

Idiot CTers are going to be idiots, that's a different issue.

Enjoy what you can of a socially distanced Christmas. 2021 will be a new year for all of us. Trump is out and deep down he knows that. Seriously Don, relax, things are moving forward as they should be.

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; 17th December 2020 at 01:15 AM.
Old 17th December 2020, 01:21 AM   #157
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

He is reported to be depressed and fluctuating between plans to leave and planning to have a competing event, taking Air Force 1 to FL and holding an event there in hopes the news media will give him more attention than they give to Biden.

Given how obsessed he was with "more people came to my inauguration than went to Obama's," clearly he is still obsessed with the inauguration crowd size, like anyone else cares.

It has also been reported that people in the WH like Miller are feeding him nonsense that Trump really can get Congress to overturn the election results and crown him with 4 more years. Of course he is choosing to keep these people around him.

It's not going to happen. Congress is not going to crown him king. But given his mental illness he's going to hold on to this fantasy as long as there is some glimmer of hope. So again we wait until the next deadline, in this case Jan 6th.

At that point it is over, again. It already is over, mind you. But after Jan 6th there are no more options for Trump. He does not have an army to stage a coup. He is not a military leader or even a leader the military respects. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN and it never was.

Idiot CTers are going to be idiots, that's a different issue.

Enjoy what you can of a socially distanced Christmas. 2021 will be a new year for all of us. Trump is out and deep down he knows that. Seriously Don, relax, things are moving forward as they should be.
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th December 2020, 01:31 AM   #158
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Whoever is responsible for arranging the inauguration. He would make it a precondition for his attendance threatening to have a parallel inauguration/rally if his demands aren't met.

That event would be ignored by the mainstream media but would likely be covered live by Newsmax, OANN and maybe FOXNews.

That may very well be true but 45% of the US electorate and nearly every GOP Senator and Representative would vehemently disagree with that view.

Is anyone willing to go on the record about this, or is it just "sources close to the President" ?

I think it's almost impossible that he will attend President Biden's inauguration and a rally or parallel inauguration would be a way to cheer him up and allow him to feel loved.

The right wing media will absolutely lap it up.
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th December 2020, 01:48 AM   #159
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger

Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
It would surprise most of the world if Trump attended Biden's inauguration.

He should turn up if he wants to be a gracious winner at losing.
Orphia Nay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th December 2020, 01:52 AM   #160
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Can you imagine the awkward position a Trump event held at the same time as the Biden inauguration would put the GOP Congress members in? To have to choose between attending the actual inauguration of the legal president, with whom they're going to have to work the next four years or the attention seeking event that the still influential over the GOP base voter and petty/vengeful Trump may hold wouldn't be easy for some.
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics