ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 25th May 2015, 05:59 AM   #1
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Exclamation ISIS Furious About Conspiracy Theories and Truthers!

So there's a new issue of Dabiq out, the English-language ISIS (aka Daesh) internet magazine aimed at recruiting disgruntled youths in the West, and it has a long article "debunking" conspiracy theories, especially about 9/11, with all the lame "arguments" we know from our Debunkie friends, just with a bunch of "kuffir" and "crusaders" thrown in.

They're afraid that these "theories" make their target audience "abandon jihad" just because of "political awareness"! And complain that no evidence is needed, just dreaded "deductions"! But of course 9/11 was how we know it was and ISIS is really an independent organization. Really! The real deal!

Corbett has the details:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

What to say? Well, Daeshbags - looks like Bin Laden knew better. Seen his bookshelf?* Hahaha!

* It would be really nice if the different arms of the propaganda machine could coordinate a bit better so that at least a halfway straight narrative can be build. On the other hand ... carry on!
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th May 2015, 06:47 AM   #2
Jrrarglblarg

Lol
Jrrarglblarg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th May 2015, 06:49 AM   #3
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
So there's a new issue of Dabiq out, the English-language ISIS (aka Daesh) internet magazine aimed at recruiting disgruntled youths in the West, and it has a long article "debunking" conspiracy theories, especially about 9/11, with all the lame "arguments" we know from our Debunkie friends, just with a bunch of "kuffir" and "crusaders" thrown in.

They're afraid that these "theories" make their target audience "abandon jihad" just because of "political awareness"! And complain that no evidence is needed, just dreaded "deductions"! But of course 9/11 was how we know it was and ISIS is really an independent organization. Really! The real deal!

Corbett has the details:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

What to say? Well, Daeshbags - looks like Bin Laden knew better. Seen his bookshelf?* Hahaha!

* It would be really nice if the different arms of the propaganda machine could coordinate a bit better so that at least a halfway straight narrative can be build. On the other hand ... carry on!
Dark comedy.

Almost as funny as "fly over the Pentagon"
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th May 2015, 06:57 AM   #4
Belz...
Fiend God

I guess ISIS and I have something in common aside from breathing oxygen.

Belz... is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th May 2015, 07:00 AM   #5
Jango
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by jaydeehess View Post
Dark comedy.

Almost as funny as "fly over the Pentagon"
Is that the one that CNN showed? The E4B?
Jango is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th May 2015, 07:24 AM   #6
WilliamSeger
Illuminator

Two questions: (1) Why do you imagine OBL had a copy of Griffin's book? (2) Do you draw any distinction between your imagination and reality?
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th May 2015, 07:38 AM   #7
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

When satire comes true: "Talking to you is like talking to a goat"

I AGREE
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th May 2015, 09:34 AM   #8
WilliamSeger
Illuminator

BTW, do you find it odd that OBL didn't have a copy of Griffin's book Osama bin Laden: Dead or Alive? I should think OBL would be very curious about the answer to that question.
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th May 2015, 11:44 AM   #9
grandmastershek
Graduate Poster

Well at least we know that CE thinks Bin Laden was alive and really in that compound. Gold medal mental gymnastics to follow.

FYI, CE- In my book collection I have a Bible, some apologetics, the Odyssey, Hindu texts, end times books, and decent collection of other random non-fiction. That doesn't mean I believe it. If Bin Laden was really a true believer you would think he would be sending out weekly videos talking about how 9/11 was an inside jerb.
Old 25th May 2015, 11:50 AM   #10
Jrrarglblarg

Did any truthers mysteriously stop posting after the raid?
Jrrarglblarg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th May 2015, 12:08 PM   #11
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Originally Posted by grandmastershek View Post
Well at least we know that CE thinks Bin Laden was alive and really in that compound.

LOL, you didn't dare to click the spoiler. The only Griffin books OBL could've had on his shelf are about Christian Theology n'stuff and I doubt he was interested...
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th May 2015, 12:14 PM   #12
carlitos
"más divertido"

The articles specifically referenced DRG's "New Pearl Harbor" book. I haven't read it, but I doubt that it's about "Christian Theology n'stuff."
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th May 2015, 12:18 PM   #13
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Welcome to Fantasy Land, population, somebody.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th May 2015, 12:35 PM   #14
grandmastershek
Graduate Poster

LOL, you didn't dare to click the spoiler. The only Griffin books OBL could've had on his shelf are about Christian Theology n'stuff and I doubt he was interested...
So which is it? Were those books really in his collection? Was he an agent? Was he really alive at the time?

I would love to see a coherent explanation of what you think was going on. But as Carlitos already pointed out, you couldn't be bothered to actually find out what was on his bookshelf.

Quote:
Seen his bookshelf?* Hahaha!
^Ignorance is bliss they say.
Old 25th May 2015, 12:57 PM   #15
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

But as Carlitos already pointed out, you couldn't be bothered to actually find out what was on his bookshelf.

LOL, you guys never cease to amaze. Try to find out yourself what I meant with that sentence.
Old 25th May 2015, 03:26 PM   #16
grandmastershek
Graduate Poster

LOL, you guys never cease to amaze. Try to find out yourself what I meant with that sentence.
Your claim was:

You have yet to validate that claim. You claimed that we should check what was on his bookshelf, yet the reports on the topic show he had DRG New Pearl Harbor. So either validate your claim or admit you were wrong.

Unsurprisingly, CE was incapable of providing a coherent explanation.

<<Not shocked.
Old 25th May 2015, 03:42 PM   #17
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

You have yet to validate that claim.

You mean my claim that you didn't dare to click the spoiler? Or have you already forgotten that our "conversation" started with a mistaken claim you made? Why don't you go back there and try to reconstruct what was said? Maybe that will enlighten you. Or not.
Old 25th May 2015, 03:52 PM   #18
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

If I could get myself to believe that the Dabiq stuff is really made in the Syrian desert, I would seriously suspect that the "OBL's bookshelf" ridiculous nonsense story was put out especially to troll the Daeshbags, which resulted in this "debunking" effort...

But as it is ... see spoiler and DON'T READ THE BOOKS BIN LADEN READ or you're with the turrurists!
Old 25th May 2015, 04:45 PM   #19
WilliamSeger
Illuminator

Well, I think one thing you meant by that sentence is that you never cease to amaze yourself, but the rest of it gets fuzzier the more you post. Maybe you should start over and just say what you mean.
Old 25th May 2015, 05:05 PM   #20
Mark6
Philosopher

Originally Posted by WilliamSeger View Post
Well, I think one thing you meant by that sentence is that you never cease to amaze yourself, but the rest of it gets fuzzier the more you post. Maybe you should start over and just say what you mean.
Then CE would stop amazing herself. And she can't have that!

Legend in her own mind.
Old 25th May 2015, 06:20 PM   #21
DaveThomasNMSR
Muse

So is your basic point that, because Bin Laden was a stinkin' terrorist, anything that he ever read and agreed with is fundamentally wrong?

Y'know, that strategy isn't working out too well for climate change deniers.
DaveThomasNMSR is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th May 2015, 10:43 PM   #22
waypastvne
Critical Thinker

On a related note:

http://www.theonion.com/article/trut...tted-911-33421
Quote:
The Onion
DHAMAR, YEMEN—Calling the attacks on the World Trade Center “a missed opportunity for al-Qaeda,” 9/11 truther and militant jihadist Fahad al-Mouqrin reportedly expressed his deep disappointment Thursday that the September 11 attacks were in fact not carried out by the terror organization. “It would have been perfect if al-Qaeda did deliver such a devastating blow to the American infidels, but unfortunately, it was all planned and executed by the Bush administration to justify the Iraq War,” said the militant Islamic fundamentalist and conspiracy theorist, noting that it “really kills [him]” to think of the widespread carnage and chaos at Ground Zero, knowing deep down that it was not truly the work of his fellow mujahideen. “I wish we had destroyed those two buildings in the name of Allah, instead of the controlled demolitions at the base of the World Trade Center that actually caused both towers to collapse. But the whole thing was an inside job by the U.S. government and then covered up by the mainstream American media. Unfortunately.” Al-Mouqrin added that he is at least relieved al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden is still alive and currently planning imminent attacks on several major U.S. cities.
waypastvne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th May 2015, 11:33 PM   #23
Polaris
Penultimate Amazing

I hope this causes at least one of them a massive stroke. And another to lose all feeling in his penis.
"There's vastly more truth to be found in rocks than in holy books. Rocks are far superior, in fact, because you can DEMONSTRATE the truth found in rocks. Plus, they're pretty. Holy books are just heavy." - Dinwar

"Let your ears hear this beautiful song that's hiding underneath the sound," Ed Kowalczyk.
Polaris is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th May 2015, 06:33 AM   #24
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

So which is it? Were those books really in his collection? Was he an agent? Was he really alive at the time?

I would love to see a coherent explanation of what you think was going on. But as Carlitos already pointed out, you couldn't be bothered to actually find out what was on his bookshelf.
Spotted this link over at 911Blogger: Robert Fisk, writing for The Independent, wonders why Bin Laden would have so many English language books when, in Fisk's experience, OBL did not understand English well, let alone speak it?
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...-10273207.html
(I had the same thought yesterday already, but had no idea whether OBL's English is good or bad)

On another note, and to pile onto the obvious:
My bookshelf has books by authors ranging from Adolf Eichmann to Raul Hilberg, from Franz-Josef Strauß to Barack Obama, from Billy Graham to Christopher Hitchens. I have works on human evolution by creationists and on human traits by racists. I have Noam Chomsky as well as a leading theorist of the German new nazi "school". The Bible and the Quran of course.

I agree with few of these books.
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th May 2015, 07:10 AM   #25
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

Because of my work on Apollo and space history, I get sent (or am asked to review) many books, some of which are conspiracy books. If my library were evaluated posthumously, it would be wrong to believe I had read all the books on my shelves, and that I agreed with all the books I had read.
JayUtah is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th May 2015, 07:15 AM   #26
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by JayUtah View Post
Because of my work on Apollo and space history, I get sent (or am asked to review) many books, some of which are conspiracy books. If my library were evaluated posthumously, it would be wrong to believe I had read all the books on my shelves, and that I agreed with all the books I had read.
How would you have sent OBL a book at any time between 9/11/2001 and 05/02/2011?

(For that matter: How would OBL have bought a rather obscure book by DRG? I imagine you don't find them at any Abbotobad corner bookstore.)
Old 26th May 2015, 07:18 AM   #27
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

Where do you think Amazon Prime got the idea to use delivery drones?
JayUtah is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th May 2015, 07:38 AM   #28
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Jango View Post
Is that the one that CNN showed? The E4B?
It refers to the CIT/PfT contention that the aircraft witnessed by people around the Pentagon approached the building then rose up and over it and jetted, unseen, away from the scene. Supposedly a bomb was used to damage the Pentagon.

kaa-razy, no?
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th May 2015, 08:10 AM   #29
WilliamSeger
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
(For that matter: How would OBL have bought a rather obscure book by DRG? I imagine you don't find them at any Abbotobad corner bookstore.)
It might not be too hard to find a copy, considering that 9/11 conspiracy theories are generally popular in Islamic countries (especially ones that blame the Jews). But I doubt he bought it; my guess is that someone gave it to him. (Note to the Empress: that's my guess.)
Old 26th May 2015, 08:47 AM   #30
Jango
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by jaydeehess View Post
It refers to the CIT/PfT contention that the aircraft witnessed by people around the Pentagon approached the building then rose up and over it and jetted, unseen, away from the scene. Supposedly a bomb was used to damage the Pentagon.

kaa-razy, no?
Disinformation more like it.
Jango is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th May 2015, 11:46 AM   #31
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Jango View Post
Disinformation more like it.
Ah, then you agree with my characterization of the scenario?
CE, Craig Ranke, and Rob Balsamo would be interested in your expanding on their involvement as disinformationalists.

Me, I personally believe they are simply delusional and supporting an idiotic premise.

Last edited by jaydeehess; 26th May 2015 at 11:48 AM.
Old 26th May 2015, 12:29 PM   #32
fuelair
Suspended

When satire comes true: "Talking to you is like talking to a goat"

I AGREE
Well, Isis members are a big bunch of mother raping goat ****ers.
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th May 2015, 01:52 PM   #33
grandmastershek
Graduate Poster

You mean my claim that you didn't dare to click the spoiler? Or have you already forgotten that our "conversation" started with a mistaken claim you made? Why don't you go back there and try to reconstruct what was said? Maybe that will enlighten you. Or not.
I would say you are feigning ignorance here but experience tells me different.

You told us to check his bookshelf, and claimed:

The only Griffin books OBL could've had on his shelf are about Christian Theology n'stuff and I doubt he was interested...
I'm sorry if you can't keep track of what you claim and what you have failed to back up. But then again, that's the hallmark of "truth". Any day now.
Old 26th May 2015, 02:03 PM   #34
George 152
Philosopher

I would say you are feigning ignorance here but experience tells me different.

You told us to check his bookshelf, and claimed:

I'm sorry if you can't keep track of what you claim and what you have failed to back up. But then again, that's the hallmark of "truth". Any day now.
The best place for the demented poster is in the kill file.
That way you avoid the demented waffle and are left with the more concise rebuttal..
George 152 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th May 2015, 02:11 PM   #35
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

I count eight books by Griffin, on the subject of 9/11, that OBL could conceivably have obtained prior to his succumbing to acute lead poisoning on May 2/ 2011
Old 26th May 2015, 02:24 PM   #36
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/thecurrent/t...rary-1.3086074
Contains a link to all that was found. Page 13 has the booklist showing one book by Griffin, the first, 2008, "New Pearl Harbor" publication. He had three years to obtain and read it.
Old 26th May 2015, 03:27 PM   #37
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by fuelair View Post
Well, Isis members are a big bunch of mother raping goat ****ers.
Don't be so harsh - they are relatively benign in their treatment of goats
Old 26th May 2015, 08:31 PM   #38
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Don't be so harsh - they are relatively benign in their treatment of goats
You're right. The goats like the carress of good ISIL lover.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories