ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Abdelbaset Ali al-Megrahi , barack obama , Lockerbie bombing , lying charges

Reply
Old 26th July 2010, 05:25 PM   #1
BeAChooser
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 11,716
Is there anything Obama hasn't lied about?

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/dai...107.guest.html

Quote:
RUSH: There's a big story out there today, the Lockerbie bomber story, and for those of you that don't really know about this, the bomber did not blow up Lockerbie. The bomber blew up a Pan Am 747 over Lockerbie, and it happened to crash in Lockerbie. And that's why it's called the Lockerbie bomber, but he blew up a Boeing 747. We have the Obama administration last Tuesday afternoon, Obama talking with Prime Minister David Cameron, joint presser, and Mimi Hall from USA Today got up and read the following question. It was given to her by David Axelrod. "President Obama, how do you feel about a congressional investigation into the Lockerbie bomber stuff, would you like to see that happen or do you think that that confuses the two events?"

OBAMA: I think all of us here in the United States were surprised, disappointed, and angry about the release of the Lockerbie bomber, and my administration expressed very clearly our objections. Prior to the decision being made and subsequent to the decision being made.

RUSH: Well, that's just not true because the White House privately backed the release of the Lockerbie bomber. That's right. This is from The Australian, published today: "The US government secretly advised Scottish ministers it would be 'far preferable' to free the Lockerbie bomber than jail him in Libya. Correspondence obtained by The Sunday Times reveals the Obama administration considered compassionate release more palatable than locking up Abdel Baset al-Megrahi in a Libyan prison. The intervention, which has angered US relatives of those who died in the attack, was made by Richard LeBaron, deputy head of the US embassy in London, a week before Megrahi was freed in August last year on grounds that he had terminal cancer," from which he's apparently recovered. "The document, acquired by a well-placed US source, threatens to undermine US President Barack Obama's claim last week that all Americans were 'surprised, disappointed and angry' to learn of Megrahi's release. Scottish ministers viewed the level of US resistance to compassionate release as 'half-hearted' and a sign it would be accepted."
BeAChooser is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2010, 05:39 PM   #2
joobz
Tergiversator
 
joobz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 17,995
Many things.
Here's the Obameter listing the kept promises of his Campaign.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/
120 kept promises
19 broken promises.
__________________
What's the best argument for UHC? This argument against UHC.
"Perhaps one reason per capita GDP is lower in UHC countries is because they've tried to prevent this important function [bankrupting the sick] and thus carry forward considerable economic dead wood?"-BeAChooser
joobz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2010, 05:41 PM   #3
bynmdsue
Graduate Poster
 
bynmdsue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,892
Promises and Lies aren't the same thing
bynmdsue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2010, 05:45 PM   #4
Kopji
 
Kopji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 7,990
Quote:
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/che..._it_did_n.html

State Department says it did not back Lockerbie bomber's release

The State Department rarely releases its correspondence with other governments. But it did just that on Monday to counter a report that it was engaged in "double-talk" about Scotland's release of a Libyan convicted in the 1988 Lockerbie bombing.

The Sunday Times of London had quoted parts of a U.S. letter to a senior Scottish official, saying that it was preferable to free Abdel Basset al-Megrahi from prison on health grounds, rather than in a prisoner transfer.

The State Department said Monday it was taking the "exceptional step" of releasing the letter to Alex Salmond, Scotland's first minister, because the article "does not accurately reflect the strong and consistent opposition of the U.S. government to the release or transfer under any scenario" of the Libyan intelligence agent.
I think the US is calling Rush misinformed.
Kopji is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2010, 05:48 PM   #5
ravdin
Illuminator
 
ravdin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,985
It reminds me of my favorite scene from Casablanca. "I'm shocked- shocked- that there is gambling in Rick's Cafe!"

Presidents always lie. A few other whoppers:

"Read my lips: no new taxes." -George H. W. Bush
"Islam is a religion of peace." -George W. Bush
"I never had sex with that woman." -William J. Clinton

"Waterboarding is not torture" deserves special mention too, but I think that was a lie from the Bush administration rather than Bush himself.
__________________
Take the risk of thinking for yourself. Much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way. -Christopher Hitchens

Believe what you're told. There would be chaos if everyone thought for themselves. -Top Dog slogan
ravdin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2010, 05:49 PM   #6
joobz
Tergiversator
 
joobz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 17,995
Originally Posted by bynmdsue View Post
Promises and Lies aren't the same thing
You can't fullfill promises on lies alone.
__________________
What's the best argument for UHC? This argument against UHC.
"Perhaps one reason per capita GDP is lower in UHC countries is because they've tried to prevent this important function [bankrupting the sick] and thus carry forward considerable economic dead wood?"-BeAChooser
joobz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2010, 05:59 PM   #7
Kopji
 
Kopji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 7,990
Just maybe, Rush is trying to distract us with a few ounces of lies from the pounds of lies delivered for years by the people he supports.
Quote:
A six-year archive of classified military documents made public on Sunday offers an unvarnished, ground-level picture of the war in Afghanistan that is in many respects more grim than the official portrayal.

The secret documents, released on the Internet by an organization called WikiLeaks, are a daily diary of an American-led force often starved for resources and attention as it struggled against an insurgency that grew larger, better coordinated and more deadly each year.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38411835...ew_york_times/
Kopji is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2010, 06:00 PM   #8
Ausmerican
Illuminator
 
Ausmerican's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,490
I love the fact that even Rush thinks that Rush's listeners need to have it explained to them that the Lockerbie bomber didn't actually blow up Lockerbie and aren't gonna know what he had blown up.
__________________
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing. Henry David Thoreau
Ausmerican is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2010, 06:03 PM   #9
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing
 
alfaniner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 17,326
I stopped reading at "Rush Limbaugh". That told me all I needed to know.
__________________
Science is self-correcting.
Woo is self-contradicting.
alfaniner is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2010, 06:29 PM   #10
SezMe
post-pre-born
 
SezMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Posts: 22,262
BAC, did you attempt to verify the assertions of a KNOWN liar before starting this thread with a quote from him?

Secondly, suppose for the sake of the thread I fully accept that Obama, personally, lied about this matter. How would that help answer the question which is the thread topic?
SezMe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2010, 06:32 PM   #11
INRM
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 5,505
BAC,

While I don't like Obama, how is it you can thunder away at Obama and how bad he is, and yet forget all the atrocities Bush committed?
INRM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2010, 06:48 PM   #12
MG1962
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,252
strange I dont seem to be able to bring up any hits regarding the "Australian Newspaper" on the story. Which is kind of okay because no reads the paper, and it is one of Ruppets pets.............any one seeing a connection?
MG1962 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2010, 06:59 PM   #13
Tricky
Briefly immortal
 
Tricky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The Group W Bench
Posts: 44,252
Originally Posted by bynmdsue View Post
Promises and Lies aren't the same thing
If you keep a promise, that means it is something you haven't told a lie about. That is the answer to the OP, and the answer is, "Yes, there are things that Obama hasn't lied about. Many things."

But you are right that they are the same. If you say you will do something and try to do it, then that is not a lie, that is failure. And Obama has failed in quite a number of things, some his fault and some not. Still, his record for trying to do what he promised stacks up pretty favorably to any president in recent history.
Tricky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2010, 07:09 PM   #14
daredelvis
Master Poster
 
daredelvis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,217
I don't know why a C.T.'er gets so much attention. Rush and BAC.

Daredelvis
__________________
People like Coldplay and voting for the Nazis. People can't be trusted. -Jez
daredelvis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2010, 07:16 PM   #15
firecoins
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 3,206
Yes, I think Obama lied about this. I really don't know what should be done about it. I didn't vote for him. I already won't vote for him. I do NOT think he should get impeached or kicked out of office. I think Beden would be worse and Pelosi even worse than that. I don't think boycotts , marches or pettions do much of anything.


So he lied. So what?
firecoins is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2010, 08:15 PM   #16
MattusMaximus
Intellectual Gladiator
 
MattusMaximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 15,942
Is there anything that BAC hasn't lied about?
__________________
Visit my blog: The Skeptical Teacher
"We ****** up the air, the water, we ****** up each other. Why don't we just finish the job by flushing our brains down the toilet?" -- John Trent, In the Mouth of Madness
MattusMaximus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2010, 08:21 PM   #17
joobz
Tergiversator
 
joobz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 17,995
Originally Posted by MattusMaximus View Post
Is there anything that BAC hasn't lied about?
yes.
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...39#post6148239
__________________
What's the best argument for UHC? This argument against UHC.
"Perhaps one reason per capita GDP is lower in UHC countries is because they've tried to prevent this important function [bankrupting the sick] and thus carry forward considerable economic dead wood?"-BeAChooser
joobz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2010, 09:03 PM   #18
Darth Rotor
Salted Sith Cynic
 
Darth Rotor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 38,463
Originally Posted by BeAChooser View Post
Not gonna bother reading Rush emissions, but, here is an answer to your question:

Is there anything Obama hasn't lied about?

Yes.

Now what? He appears to be doing what most pols do, lie about some things, which is par for the course, but sadly for his political rhetoric, not change anyone can believe in.

Now, something of substance.

He said he'd do something about that war in Afghanistan. He has. Good, bad, or indifferent, he has not shied away from trying to do something on that score.
__________________
Helicopters don't so much fly as beat the air into submission.
"Jesus wept, but did He laugh?"--F.H. Buckley____"There is one thing that was too great for God to show us when He walked upon our earth ... His mirth." --Chesterton__"If the barbarian in us is excised, so is our humanity."--D'rok__ "I only use my gun whenever kindness fails."-- Robert Earl Keen__"Sturgeon spares none.". -- The Marquis
Darth Rotor is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2010, 11:32 AM   #19
Paranormal Inquirer
Critical Thinker
 
Paranormal Inquirer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 282
Originally Posted by Darth Rotor View Post
He said he'd do something about that war in Afghanistan. He has. Good, bad, or indifferent, he has not shied away from trying to do something on that score.
He has always stood in favor of expanding the amount of troops in Afghanistan; this was a part of his platform. So yes, BAC, there is something Obama hasn't lied about.
__________________
portlandatheist: The entire reason I support Israel is because I'm pro democracy, secularism, equal protection under the law for all races/religions, gay rights and other liberal values.
Paranormal Inquirer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2010, 11:32 AM   #20
Cleon
King of the Pod People
 
Cleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 25,162
Originally Posted by MattusMaximus View Post
Is there anything that BAC hasn't lied about?
Now, that's not fair. It's not like BAC made this up out of thin air. Nor did Limbaugh, for that matter. Limbaugh saw a juicy media story that would make Obama look really, really bad; I can't blame him for running with it. And I can't blame BAC for posting it, either.

Now, if neither of them acknowledge that they ran with a false and misleading story*, that would be something worth finger-pointing over.


* Assuming the State Department's letter backs them up and not The Australian.
__________________
"People like me are what stand between us and Auschwitz." - Newt Gingrich
Cleon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2010, 07:53 PM   #21
Thunder
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 34,918
Obama said he would negotiate a new Start nuclear weapons treaty. he did just that.

Obama said he would pass health care reform. he did just that.

Obama said he would pass banking and economic reform. he did just that.
Thunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2010, 08:31 PM   #22
Tricky
Briefly immortal
 
Tricky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The Group W Bench
Posts: 44,252
Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
Obama said he would negotiate a new Start nuclear weapons treaty. he did just that.

Obama said he would pass health care reform. he did just that.

Obama said he would pass banking and economic reform. he did just that.
He said he would get his girls a dog. He did just that.

(Plus a lot of important stuff like the above.)
Tricky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2010, 09:04 PM   #23
Kegeshook
Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 150
Originally Posted by ravdin View Post

"Waterboarding is not torture" deserves special mention too, but I think that was a lie from the Bush administration rather than Bush himself.
Hmmm....is it a lie if you believe what you are saying? I don't believe that the waterboarding procedure used by the US should be defined as torture. Does the US military really torture its own soldier trainees?
Kegeshook is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2010, 09:05 PM   #24
bit_pattern
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 7,406
Is there anything Rush Limbaugh hasn't lied about?
bit_pattern is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2010, 09:09 PM   #25
The Platypus
Graduate Poster
 
The Platypus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,883
The title question reeks of immaturity and ignorance.
__________________
I'll go with the qualified experts, over some ranting guy on the internet that claims he has "the truth".

Always beware of those that overuse, capitalize and blanket themselves in them word "truth". I may not always know the truth, but i do know when i'm being lied too.
The Platypus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2010, 10:22 PM   #26
SezMe
post-pre-born
 
SezMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Posts: 22,262
Platypus, meet BAC. Speaking of whom ....

ETA:
SezMe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th July 2010, 01:03 AM   #27
Paranormal Inquirer
Critical Thinker
 
Paranormal Inquirer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 282
Whenever some commenter claims Obama "forgot his promises", I go to this site and smile.
__________________
portlandatheist: The entire reason I support Israel is because I'm pro democracy, secularism, equal protection under the law for all races/religions, gay rights and other liberal values.
Paranormal Inquirer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th July 2010, 04:34 AM   #28
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy
 
Upchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 30,042
Originally Posted by bit_pattern View Post
Is there anything Rush Limbaugh hasn't lied about?
He got his name right.

(Although why he didn't go with "Hudson", I'll never know. Way cooler name.)
Upchurch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th July 2010, 07:14 AM   #29
Lurker
Illuminator
 
Lurker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 4,189
Originally Posted by BeAChooser View Post
What Rush and BAC won't tell you is the truth. Let's take a look. The pertinent part of the quote from the Australian is:
Quote:
"The US government secretly advised Scottish ministers it would be 'far preferable' to free the Lockerbie bomber than jail him in Libya.
What is missing is that the US govt actually preferred a third option, keepin him in prison in the UK. Note how that got deepsixed in this biased news coverage. Classic "false dichotomy" error.
Lurker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th July 2010, 07:28 AM   #30
Thunder
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 34,918
Obama did not lie about being born in Hawaii.
Thunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th July 2010, 08:56 AM   #31
Lurker
Illuminator
 
Lurker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 4,189
Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
Obama did not lie about being born in Hawaii.
Ah, but did he ever say he was born in Hawaii or did he let people assume that he was without directly confirming himself? Huh? *nudge nudge, wink wink*
Lurker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th July 2010, 10:13 AM   #32
NoScotsman
Critical Thinker
 
NoScotsman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 292
For a critical thinking forum this board has WAY too much "I stopped reading when I read >insert name here< ... Limbaugh, Obama, Fox, MSNBC, etc."

Whatever happened to investigating claims dispassionately, honestly, and thoroughly?

I can understand prioritizing your time by frequenting more trustworthy sources of information ... but once a specific claim enters the public sphere, why put your head in the sand?
NoScotsman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th July 2010, 10:18 AM   #33
Shalamar
Dark Lord of the JREF
 
Shalamar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4,054
Originally Posted by NoScotsman View Post
For a critical thinking forum this board has WAY too much "I stopped reading when I read >insert name here< ... Limbaugh, Obama, Fox, MSNBC, etc."

Whatever happened to investigating claims dispassionately, honestly, and thoroughly?

I can understand prioritizing your time by frequenting more trustworthy sources of information ... but once a specific claim enters the public sphere, why put your head in the sand?
You *have* been in the politics forum before, right? The place where critical thinking goes to die?

All that matters is that ones political ideology is correct.. other others are wrong! At all costs!
__________________

"The truth is out there. But the lies are inside your head."
Shalamar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th July 2010, 10:20 AM   #34
Lurker
Illuminator
 
Lurker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 4,189
Originally Posted by NoScotsman View Post
For a critical thinking forum this board has WAY too much "I stopped reading when I read >insert name here< ... Limbaugh, Obama, Fox, MSNBC, etc."

Whatever happened to investigating claims dispassionately, honestly, and thoroughly?

I can understand prioritizing your time by frequenting more trustworthy sources of information ... but once a specific claim enters the public sphere, why put your head in the sand?
I agree in principle but we all have limited time to actually investigate these sorts of claims to educate ourselves. After having spent waaay too much time investigating weird claims emanating from Newsbusters or the like I have learned to save my time. So many times things are taken out of context it boggles the mind.

I try not to dismiss too readily myself and will look up claims from more reputable sources that I generally disagree with (Fox comes to mind).

Last edited by Lurker; 28th July 2010 at 10:30 AM.
Lurker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th July 2010, 06:47 PM   #35
linusrichard
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,710
Originally Posted by Kegeshook View Post
Hmmm....is it a lie if you believe what you are saying? I don't believe that the waterboarding procedure used by the US should be defined as torture. Does the US military really torture its own soldier trainees?
Another one who's never heard of consent. This argument is ridiculous.
__________________
"We are talking about an old ladies genitals after all." - ponderingturtle
linusrichard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th July 2010, 10:54 AM   #36
NWO Sentryman
Proud NWO Gatekeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Quantum Gate to the NWO
Posts: 6,691
isnt it ironic that this is coming from rush limbaugh?
__________________
If I now say "dominoes", you won't think "pizza". Will you? - FireGarden on the Middle East
NWO Sentryman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th July 2010, 11:00 AM   #37
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy
 
Upchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 30,042
Originally Posted by NWO Sentryman View Post
isnt it ironic that this is coming from rush limbaugh?
No more or less than the thread being started by BAC.

Who, I notice, pulled a post-and-run.

Last edited by Upchurch; 29th July 2010 at 11:01 AM.
Upchurch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th July 2010, 12:13 PM   #38
BeAChooser
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 11,716
Originally Posted by Upchurch View Post
Who, I notice, pulled a post-and-run.
BeAChooser is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th July 2010, 12:20 PM   #39
Dancing David
Penultimate Amazing
 
Dancing David's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 38,739
Considering this thread was at the top of the list when I checked, I shall continue my hiatus. farewell siblings in Politics, maybe in another two weeks.
__________________
I suspect you are a sandwich, metaphorically speaking. -Donn
And a shot rang out. Now Space is doing time... -Ben Burch
You built the toilet - don't complain when people crap in it. _Kid Eager
Never underestimate the power of the Random Number God. More of evolutionary history is His doing than people think. - Dinwar
Dancing David is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th July 2010, 12:41 PM   #40
headscratcher4
Philosopher
 
headscratcher4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,776
Originally Posted by BeAChooser View Post
God knows, Rush defines high standards of reserach, logic and fact-checking. It must all be true.
__________________
Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel.

-- Homer Simpson
headscratcher4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:51 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2014, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.
This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.