IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags jon gold

Old 6th July 2008, 02:46 PM   #1
Childlike Empress
Banned

St. Anger - the Jon Gold edition

Google Video This video is not hosted by the ISF, the ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

25min, far more relevant than any Hardfire debate. (edit: from 17th of May 2008)

Last edited by Childlike Empress; 6th July 2008 at 02:48 PM.
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th July 2008, 03:14 PM   #2
Jonnyclueless
Philosopher

Thanks for the warning. The endorsement helps me know what not to waste my time watching.
Jonnyclueless is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th July 2008, 03:17 PM   #3
1337m4n
Alphanumeric Anonymous Stick Man

If I ask "What's it about", will I get a mature and informative reply, or will you just throw a temper tantrum?

"The evidence that the attacks of 9/11 were an inside job just keeps not coming in." --pomeroo
1337m4n is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th July 2008, 03:22 PM   #4
Childlike Empress
Banned

You'd get a remark that such an outspoken person in the 9/11 field as you are should know who Jon Gold is and what he is about, and the information that that video is about the forming of and the problems with the 9/11 Commission.
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th July 2008, 03:26 PM   #5
pomeroo
Banned

Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
You'd get a remark that such an outspoken person in the 9/11 field as you are should know who Jon Gold is and what he is about, and the information that that video is about the forming of and the problems with the 9/11 Commission.

Jon Gold, AKA The Running Man, is one of the silliest conspiracy liars. He is fact-free and impossible to pin down on anything.
pomeroo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th July 2008, 03:28 PM   #6
Childlike Empress
Banned

Ron, please. Stop it.
Old 6th July 2008, 03:30 PM   #7
applecorped
Banned

Ron, please. Stop it.
Stop what exactly? Are you suggesting Ron is lying?
applecorped is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th July 2008, 03:31 PM   #8
JamesB
Master Poster

He is correct, I have never seen Gold answer a specific question. His stock answer to anything is "We don't know what happened."

OK, so you know nothing. Why exactly am I talking to you again?
I said lots of things in NPH that I would not say today and that I did not repeat in NPHR, where I specifically corrected at least some of the errors I had made in that earlier book, written 5 years ago.
-David Ray Griffin-
JamesB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th July 2008, 03:37 PM   #9
jhunter1163
beer-swilling semiliterate

Location: Connecticut, or King Arthur's Court. Hard to tell sometimes.
After you watch that, CLE, you should listen to your hero getting lit up by Opie and Anthony.
Old 6th July 2008, 03:38 PM   #10
pomeroo
Banned

Ron, please. Stop it.

Sorry, Gold is a particularly bad joke.
pomeroo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th July 2008, 03:41 PM   #11
Childlike Empress
Banned

It's always amusing to see how my threads attract the big wigs of the "9/11 debunking movement". Oh yeah, Brainster is missing, the guy who is the founder of that movement. He'll contribute, i'm sure. I only have to be patient.

To the fence-sitters or guests on this forum: Wherever people like Jon Gold are mentioned on the net, you'll immediately encounter people like JamesB and Brainster who'll try to associate these people with "space beams", "no planes", "controlled demoliton" etc. Don't believe me, just follow the pattern.
Old 6th July 2008, 03:55 PM   #12
Jonnyclueless
Philosopher

Yes it's a wonder how your threads posted in a 9/11 conspiracy section of a debunking forums attract debunkers. Maybe we need an independent investigation to figure that one out.

And wow, a film about a no claimer. What better way to prove something that to simply claim you don't know.
Jonnyclueless is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th July 2008, 04:10 PM   #13
JamesB
Master Poster

It's always amusing to see how my threads attract the big wigs of the "9/11 debunking movement". Oh yeah, Brainster is missing, the guy who is the founder of that movement. He'll contribute, i'm sure. I only have to be patient.

To the fence-sitters or guests on this forum: Wherever people like Jon Gold are mentioned on the net, you'll immediately encounter people like JamesB and Brainster who'll try to associate these people with "space beams", "no planes", "controlled demoliton" etc. Don't believe me, just follow the pattern.
That is not true, the space beam people will actually take a stand on something. It may be insanely stupid, but at least they will take a position. That is something that they have over Gold.
I said lots of things in NPH that I would not say today and that I did not repeat in NPHR, where I specifically corrected at least some of the errors I had made in that earlier book, written 5 years ago.
-David Ray Griffin-
JamesB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th July 2008, 04:17 PM   #14
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Speak of the devil and he will appear. You give me too much credit, there. I'm not the founder of any debunking movement; in fact I believe that Gravy completed his original Loose Change guide a few weeks before James B and I opened up SLC. Mike Wilson of 9-11 Myths and Kate of Debunking 9-11 were around well before that. And of course going way back there was the guy who ran the McKinney Sucks blog who was debunking the nutbars back in 2003.

Quote:
Jon Gold does not generally bring up any of those elements of the conspiracy theory. He feels free to associate with those who do, like Hopsicker, with whom he shared billing with at Justin's little gathering. Note that he talks about his "Truth Tuesday" movie showings; among the movies shown were distinctly MIHOP films like Loose Change Final Cut. Sorry, he can't have it both ways. I'd have to listen to that Opie & Anthony appearance again, but I suspect he was pushing controlled demolition a few years ago, it's just recently that he's adopted this "9-11 Truth is not MIHOP or LIHOP, it's JAQing and air quality too."

If 9-11 conspiracy theories were just about the air quality, I'd let it go. Either the first responders will start dying in droves, the way Gold, Feal and Alex Jones claim, or they won't; it's a debate that will be settled in time and battled out in the annals of the New England Journal of Medicine.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th July 2008, 04:22 PM   #15
Childlike Empress
Banned

(edit @JamesB, hello Brainster) Yeah, and as everyone who uses their brain knows, we can't take a position beside of "the official story is not the whole story" because we don't have access to evidence. The "alternative hypothesis" challenge is laugably stupid.

Oh, fence-sitters again. JamesB and Brainster are the two persons behind the screw loose change blog. A place where everybody including Nico Haupt, a german actor dealing in realsatire is welcome as long as he is smearing activists.
Old 6th July 2008, 04:34 PM   #16
VespaGuy
Graduate Poster

It's always amusing to see how my threads attract the big wigs of the "9/11 debunking movement".
You are just that important CE. Forget the CIA, FBI, and the evil gubmint. You are so important that the real "big wigs" - multiple anonymous forum members - are attracted to your threads.

Quote:
Please set the fence-sitters straight, what does Jon Gold think happened? For instance, does he think CD was possible?
Old 6th July 2008, 04:36 PM   #17
Childlike Empress
Banned

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
Speak of the devil and he will appear. You give me too much credit, there. I'm not the founder of any debunking movement; in fact I believe that Gravy completed his original Loose Change guide a few weeks before James B and I opened up SLC. Mike Wilson of 9-11 Myths and Kate of Debunking 9-11 were around well before that. And of course going way back there was the guy who ran the McKinney Sucks blog who was debunking the nutbars back in 2003..

Of course you are the founder of "debunking movement" because you were the first and only one to coin that phrase. We wll forever remember the thread about the question if such a movement exists.
Old 6th July 2008, 04:55 PM   #18
JamesB
Master Poster

(edit @JamesB, hello Brainster) Yeah, and as everyone who uses their brain knows, we can't take a position beside of "the official story is not the whole story" because we don't have access to evidence. The "alternative hypothesis" challenge is laugably stupid.
If you don't have access to evidence than how has the truth movement managed to create 500 YouTube videos and even a dozen or so books proclaiming what irrefutable evidence of an inside job they have? You had better let Richard Gage know that he has no evidence. He doesn't seem to be aware of this fact.

Oh, fence-sitters again. JamesB and Brainster are the two persons behind the screw loose change blog. A place where everybody including Nico Haupt, a german actor dealing in realsatire is welcome as long as he is smearing activists.
You would prefer that we take the 911Blogger/LooseChange approach and immediately ban anyone that we don't agree with? And here I thought you guys were the libertarian free speech fighting the police state types...
-David Ray Griffin-
Old 6th July 2008, 04:58 PM   #19
Childlike Empress
Banned

I'm not the truth movement. Jon Gold is not the truth movement. Maybe the place where the real truth movement happens is the same place where the real debunking movement is located?

edit:

Quote:
And here I thought you guys were the libertarian free speech fighting the police state types...

Sorry, i'm a scientific materialist.

Last edited by Childlike Empress; 6th July 2008 at 05:00 PM.
Old 6th July 2008, 05:22 PM   #20
Childlike Empress
Banned

"Scientific Materialism" is the science or method invented by Karl Marx and i personally think that it has great values but doesn't completely explain the situation we are in today. Mr. B knows all of this (including the russian language) better than i do because he is one of those intelligence types educated during the cold war. Like Robert Gates.
Old 6th July 2008, 05:32 PM   #21
Crungy
Critical Thinker

Wasn't Jon Gold the gentleman who physically threatened Abby Scott a coupla years back?
Crungy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th July 2008, 05:37 PM   #22
Childlike Empress
Banned

No.
Old 6th July 2008, 05:39 PM   #23
Alareth
Philosopher

I'm trying to process how anyone could consider Jon Gold relevant.
Alareth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th July 2008, 05:41 PM   #24
Childlike Empress
Banned

Good luck!
Old 6th July 2008, 05:56 PM   #25
JamesB
Master Poster

"Scientific Materialism" is the science or method invented by Karl Marx and i personally think that it has great values but doesn't completely explain the situation we are in today. Mr. B knows all of this (including the russian language) better than i do because he is one of those intelligence types educated during the cold war. Like Robert Gates.
Actually I graduated from the Jackson School in '93, which is technically after the end of the Cold War. You are correct though, in that I am very familiar with the folly that is Marxist philosophy. I must say though, this is the first time that I have ever been compared to Bob Gates.
-David Ray Griffin-
Old 6th July 2008, 06:05 PM   #26
gumboot
lorcutus.tolere

Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
That is not true, the space beam people will actually take a stand on something. It may be insanely stupid, but at least they will take a position. That is something that they have over Gold.
Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
Jon Gold does not generally bring up any of those elements of the conspiracy theory. He feels free to associate with those who do, like Hopsicker, with whom he shared billing with at Justin's little gathering. Note that he talks about his "Truth Tuesday" movie showings; among the movies shown were distinctly MIHOP films like Loose Change Final Cut. Sorry, he can't have it both ways. I'd have to listen to that Opie & Anthony appearance again, but I suspect he was pushing controlled demolition a few years ago, it's just recently that he's adopted this "9-11 Truth is not MIHOP or LIHOP, it's JAQing and air quality too."
How embarrassing...

O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde
keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

A fan of fantasy? Check out Project Dreamforge.
gumboot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th July 2008, 06:22 PM   #27
gumboot
lorcutus.tolere

Yeah, i didn't name you explicitely, Gummi. Sorry about that but you tend to show up only where someone mentions the astonishing failure of american air defense on that day. And we all remember your break after they've told your dad that talking about NZ military procedures is a no-no. I had funny student jobs too, but hey!

I find you amusing...

gumboot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th July 2008, 06:24 PM   #28
gumboot
lorcutus.tolere

By the way, I've corrected you before about my username. It's "Gumboot", not "Gummi". Please desist with your childish attempts at an insult.

Old 6th July 2008, 06:26 PM   #29
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

The last video I saw from the clown Jon Gold was him trying to pwn Abby Scott by asking her lots of irrelevant questions and not letting her get a word in edgewise.

He put it up beaming proudly about his 'accomplishment' but then even his own fellow twoofers told him what an ass he looked like and so he removed it. He has been trying to lose the stench of embarassment ever since.

Yeah, I doubt I'll be watching anything from the Gold clown.
Old 6th July 2008, 06:26 PM   #30
Cl1mh4224rd
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Crungy View Post
Wasn't Jon Gold the gentleman who physically threatened Abby Scott a coupla years back?

If I remember correctly, he attempted to intimidate her by basically getting in her face and staring her down with his hulking mass. He's a real classy guy.
Cl1mh4224rd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th July 2008, 06:48 PM   #31
Childlike Empress
Banned

Is Abby Scott still the sweetheart of that conspiracy theorist posting on the LCF?
Old 6th July 2008, 06:51 PM   #32
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

"Scientific Materialism" is the science or method invented by Karl Marx and i blah, blah, blah, blah...
Oh frakking hell... marxism.

AKA the 20th centurys OTHER major cause of genocide (and one not without its own streak of anti-semitism too).

No wonder the 9/11 truth movement obsesses about "them" setting up concentration/labor/death camps so much. It's exactly what they would, and have done, in the same position.
Sword_Of_Truth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th July 2008, 06:51 PM   #33
Cl1mh4224rd
Philosopher

Is Abby Scott still the sweetheart of that conspiracy theorist posting on the LCF?

I thought this thread was about Jon Gold...
Cl1mh4224rd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th July 2008, 06:54 PM   #34
VespaGuy
Graduate Poster

@Childlike Empress

Maybe my previous post went unread because I'm not "Big Wig" debunker. Let me try again...

You claimed that posters on this forum try to associate Gold with "No Planers", etc, although you never say if they are correct in doing so. So here are my questions:

Are they wrong to associate Gold with "space beams"? "controlled demolition"? "No planes"?

Does Gold think that CD is a possibility?

Thanks...
Old 6th July 2008, 07:01 PM   #35
qarnos
Cold-hearted skeptic

Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
If you don't have access to evidence than how has the truth movement managed to create 500 YouTube videos and even a dozen or so books proclaiming what irrefutable evidence of an inside job they have? You had better let Richard Gage know that he has no evidence. He doesn't seem to be aware of this fact.
Good point. I believe Alex Jones has all the evidence. Total evidence, even. Perhaps CE could ask him to share it with her?

Shameless plug for my website:
Digging Apollo - Excavating the digital archaeology of the Apollo program.
qarnos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th July 2008, 07:29 PM   #36
Hokulele
Deleterious Slab of Damnation

Well, that was a lovely example of appeal to emotion and cherry-picking. Even Gold admitted, "I don't know if this is true, but . . ." and then carries on as if it were true. If that is the strongest case supporting the assertion that the 9/11 Commission Report is flawed, well, I would hate to see the weakest one.

And yes, there were problems with the 9/11 Commission and subsequent report, but the claims in that video are unsupported. Hint, the full quotes and context tell a different story. In addition, the accusation against Gold (he doesn't claim anything himself) seems to be true. Any strong statement is qualified by putting the words in someone else's mouth.

As beachnut would say, "So many words, so few facts."
Old 6th July 2008, 07:30 PM   #37
VespaGuy
Graduate Poster

@VespaGuy: Yes, they are wrong.
So Gold does not think that CD is a possibility, correct?
Old 6th July 2008, 07:33 PM   #38
Crungy
Critical Thinker

This picture of Jon just screams out, "Darwin lied!"

Edited by Lisa Simpson:  Edited to remove inappropriate content.

Last edited by Lisa Simpson; 6th July 2008 at 08:04 PM.
Crungy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th July 2008, 07:46 PM   #39
Childlike Empress
Banned

Originally Posted by VespaGuy View Post
So Gold does not think that CD is a possibility, correct?

I don't know if he thinks CD is a possibility. I think it is, but i think it is very unlikely and, here i think Gold and i agree, it is not the best point to make to people who think there is nothing more to 9/11 than the MSM tells.

And? What is your point? Anything other but attempts at demonizing people?

Last edited by Childlike Empress; 6th July 2008 at 07:49 PM.
Old 6th July 2008, 08:00 PM   #40
Childlike Empress
Banned

And as we are on page two of this thread already, feel free to discuss the content of the video - after i've defended the territory against the usual toothless carnivores, we should be able to do it without interferences. At least YOU should be able to - i go to bed, CU!

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories