IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags jon gold

Old 6th July 2008, 08:02 PM   #41
gumboot
lorcutus.tolere

Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
I find you disgusting. If i'm wrong and this isn't a student job, i find you even more disgusting, Gummi.

What the heck are you talking about? What's a student job?

O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde
keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

A fan of fantasy? Check out Project Dreamforge.
gumboot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th July 2008, 08:07 PM   #42
VespaGuy
Graduate Poster

I don't know if he thinks CD is a possibility. I think it is, but i think it is very unlikely and, here i think Gold and i agree, it is not the best point to make to people who think there is nothing more to 9/11 than the MSM tells.

And? What is your point?
My point is that you take offense to categorizing Gold with proponents of CD, yet, by your own admission, you "don't know if he thinks CD is a possibility."

Quote:
Anything other but attempts at demonizing people?
I don't understand this sentence.
Old 6th July 2008, 08:16 PM   #43
Dog Town
Banned

after i've defended the territory against the usual toothless carnivores,!
Link? Can't find one? Boy does that surprise me! No...

Dog Town is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th July 2008, 10:24 PM   #44
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by gumboot View Post
What the heck are you talking about? What's a student job?
She thinks that maybe you're just an intern at the New World Order. Little does she know that you report to Molech himself!
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th July 2008, 11:32 PM   #45
ComsatAngel2017
Muse

It's always amusing to see how my threads attract the big wigs of the "9/11 debunking movement". Oh yeah, Brainster is missing, the guy who is the founder of that movement. He'll contribute, i'm sure. I only have to be patient.

To the fence-sitters or guests on this forum: Wherever people like Jon Gold are mentioned on the net, you'll immediately encounter people like JamesB and Brainster who'll try to associate these people with "space beams", "no planes", "controlled demoliton" etc. Don't believe me, just follow the pattern.
So, by your standards, the Iron Curtain was founded by Winston Churchill because he first mentioned it? Or - hang on - was it founded by Goebbels, when he mentioned it?
ComsatAngel2017 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th July 2008, 11:37 PM   #46
ComsatAngel2017
Muse

[quote=Childlike Empress;3838508](edit @JamesB, hello Brainster) Yeah, and as everyone who uses their brain knows, we can't take a position beside of "the official story is not the whole story" because we don't have access to evidence. The "alternative hypothesis" challenge is laugably stupid.

Oh, fence-sitters again. JamesB and Brainster are the two persons behind the screw loose change blog. A place where everybody including Nico Haupt, a german actor dealing in realsatire is welcome as long as he is smearing activists.[/quote]

(Bolding mine) Arrant rubbish! You seem to miss the endless ad hominems and lies posted by Truthers over at SLC, Truthers who somehow do not get banned or have their posts removed.
ComsatAngel2017 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th July 2008, 11:46 PM   #47
adversity1
Scholar

"Scientific Materialism" is the science or method invented by Karl Marx and i personally think that it has great values but doesn't completely explain the situation we are in today.
Ur usin it rong!
adversity1 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2008, 04:03 AM   #48
gumboot
lorcutus.tolere

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
She thinks that maybe you're just an intern at the New World Order. Little does she know that you report to Molech himself!

If only I got paid to do this. If only.

O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde
keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

A fan of fantasy? Check out Project Dreamforge.
gumboot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2008, 04:23 AM   #49
chillzero
Penultimate Amazing

Mod WarningPlease keep on topic in the thread, so as not to risk sending it to AAH. Thanks.
Responding to this modbox in thread will be off topic Posted By:chillzero
chillzero is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2008, 05:59 AM   #50
fullflavormenthol
Master Poster

Originally Posted by jhunter1163 View Post
After you watch that, CLE, you should listen to your hero getting lit up by Opie and Anthony.
Mr Chairman, Mr. Chairman! This committee has got to go to the policy, Senator! A link to the last Jon Gold interview I listened to...the Opie and Anthony interview.

Last edited by fullflavormenthol; 7th July 2008 at 06:01 AM.
fullflavormenthol is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2008, 06:08 AM   #51
GregoryUrich
Graduate Poster

I'm wondering if there was anything factually incorrect in the video posted in the OT?
"My father would womanize, he would drink, he would make outrageous claims, like he invented the question mark. Sometimes, he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy - the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament." - Dr. Evil
GregoryUrich is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2008, 07:57 AM   #52
Drudgewire
Critical Doofus

Originally Posted by fullflavormenthol View Post
Mr Chairman, Mr. Chairman! This committee has got to go to the policy, Senator! A link to the last Jon Gold interview I listened to...the Opie and Anthony interview.
Hahahaha, Norton just buries him. How awesome.

Here's the hero himself, right behind the equally sexy Mandy Moore at Saturday's UFC show.

Not sure who the guy behind him is, but it looks like he'd be able to to start the power plant at the end of Total Recall.
"You post a lie, it is proven 100% false, you move the goalposts and post yet another lie and it continues on around till we're back to the original lie as if it will somehow become true if it's re-iterated again. The same misquotes over and over again. The same hindsight bias, appeals to authority, etc."
-lapman describing every twoofer on the internet
Drudgewire is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2008, 08:33 AM   #53
doobiedoright
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Drudgewire View Post
Hahahaha, Norton just buries him. How awesome.

Here's the hero himself, right behind the equally sexy Mandy Moore at Saturday's UFC show.

Not sure who the guy behind him is, but it looks like he'd be able to to start the power plant at the end of Total Recall.

There is a reptilian in the picture.
It only has 3 fingers!
doobiedoright is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2008, 10:21 AM   #54
Bobert
Illuminator

Originally Posted by childlike Empress View Post
it's Always Amusing To See How My Threads Attract The Big Wigs Of The "9/11 Debunking Movement". Oh Yeah, Brainster Is Missing, The Guy Who Is The Founder Of That Movement. He'll Contribute, I'm Sure. I Only Have To Be Patient.

To The Fence-sitters Or Guests On This Forum: Wherever People Like Jon Gold Are Mentioned On The Net, You'll Immediately Encounter People Like Jamesb And Brainster Who'll Try To Associate These People With "space Beams", "no Planes", "controlled Demoliton" Etc. Don't Believe Me, Just Follow The Pattern.
Me Me Me Me!!!!!
Bobert is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2008, 10:23 AM   #55
Bobert
Illuminator

Is Jon Gold the holocaust denail guy?
Bobert is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2008, 10:30 AM   #56
Jonnyclueless
Philosopher

Originally Posted by GregoryUrich View Post
I'm wondering if there was anything factually incorrect in the video posted in the OT?
The OP never bothered to actually discuss the video, but rather simply present it as spam. Perhaps if she had bothered to actually bring up the points of the video, there would be a much more fruitful discussion. But instead, in typical twoofer fashion, she decides to present someone else's video as her argument rather than make one.
Jonnyclueless is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2008, 10:50 AM   #57
bje
Graduate Poster

You'd get a remark that such an outspoken person in the 9/11 field as you are should know who Jon Gold is and what he is about, and the information that that video is about the forming of and the problems with the 9/11 Commission.
My dear Empress, we know who Jon Gold is and what "he's all about." He's gotten much worse in the last year.
Old 7th July 2008, 11:24 AM   #58
Pardalis
Banned

Charming man.

Last edited by Pardalis; 7th July 2008 at 11:31 AM.
Pardalis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th January 2017, 09:06 AM   #59
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

I'm not the truth movement. Jon Gold is not the truth movement. Maybe the place where the real truth movement happens is the same place where the real debunking movement is located?
Sorry for resurrecting at random one of the threads with the tag "Jon Gold". I just have to report that I have found the place where the real truth movement happens: In the middle of traffic where everybody just wants to hurry home.

Jon is crating a series of YT videos these days where he is literally preaching to a lamp post and proud of it - I am not making this up:

Jan 05: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G1xZY8XH8E
Jan 07: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nYUtqp5ZCc
Jan 09: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8DGQis-LVA

(Videos are only between 1:12 and 2:37 minutes - click for the dada lulz!)
Old 11th January 2017, 04:21 PM   #60
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Oh crimes he's in Philly. On route 1.

5 seconds in he says he "just got a honk" just after when a light changes.

Nope, no chance that could be a driver impatient with how fast another car is making the turn. No siree....
Old 11th January 2017, 05:30 PM   #61
Childlike Empress
Banned

Holy moly, Oystein, now this bump is a flashback with some "characters" involved (and obviously some "hard breaks", oh the good old times of "moderation").

From the additional information, I conclude that the non-working video in the OP is this one:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Last edited by Childlike Empress; 11th January 2017 at 05:32 PM.
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th January 2017, 08:05 PM   #62
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
Sorry for resurrecting at random one of the threads with the tag "Jon Gold". I just have to report that I have found the place where the real truth movement happens: In the middle of traffic where everybody just wants to hurry home.

Jon is crating a series of YT videos these days where he is literally preaching to a lamp post and proud of it - I am not making this up:

Oh that's a special kind of special right there.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th January 2017, 09:33 PM   #63
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Holy moly, Oystein, now this bump is a flashback with some "characters" involved (and obviously some "hard breaks", oh the good old times of "moderation").

From the additional information, I conclude that the non-working video in the OP is this one:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Jon, the FBI did the investigation, and it was the biggest in history. Jon's BS is political claptrap. Jon adds BS about political opinions and lies. At least Jon does not support the idiotic claims CIT had.

25min, far more relevant than any Hardfire debate. (edit: from 17th of May 2008)
Past the date, there is nothing worthwhile from 9/11 truth in fifteen years of failure.
Nope, just BS on the political side of 9/11 truth. (jon, you are acting paranoid, and have failed to make a valid point) Better luck with Bigfoot out in western PA.
Old 11th January 2017, 09:48 PM   #64
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

Hate to say it, but this is one of the very few times I've rooted for a cigarette to work.

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th January 2017, 11:42 AM   #65
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

One wonders why finger-boy isn't there during rush hour. Its obviously the middle of the day rather than when more people would be around.
Old 12th January 2017, 04:46 PM   #66
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

It really is quite sad that he wastes his time hanging out on street corners. He mentioned a few times in his interviews that he was in an accident and paralyzed; I suppose he's got nothing else to do.

Note as well that although Gold claims he's not a conspiracy theorist, that he's just looking for answers, he lets the mask slip a bit in the first video where he says, "9-11 was not a Muslim crime."
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2017, 04:30 AM   #67
JSanderO
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
It really is quite sad that he wastes his time hanging out on street corners. He mentioned a few times in his interviews that he was in an accident and paralyzed; I suppose he's got nothing else to do.

Note as well that although Gold claims he's not a conspiracy theorist, that he's just looking for answers, he lets the mask slip a bit in the first video where he says, "9-11 was not a Muslim crime."
What would interest me about Jon.... is when/if presented with arguments of why the inside job / CD makes no sense how would he respond? Would he accept them? Understand them? Even be interested in them? What would it take for him to see the deception of so many of the truth presentations? He seems motivated by "justice" for the survivor families and there is nothing wrong with this. If justice has been denied... how so? What would that look like to him? More compensation? Or would it involve identifying and punishing the people behind the event... whomever they are?
Old 17th January 2017, 01:41 PM   #68
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

His unwavering mantra is "We have been lied to about 9/11", but apparently he is fine with associating with anybody who lies the living hell out of 9/11, as long as it's not the "government's" lies.

Therein lies a tragedy. I agree that "the government" has passed a few lies about stuff in the orbit around 9/11, and some of those lies may still be uncorrected and not redressed. Perhaps. But as long as Jon is part of the hugely discredited Twoof Movement, no one can take him serious.

He (along with well-meaning and perhaps not totally wrong-being folks like our paloalto, jimd, shure) should change his act, reach out to groups like us and celebrities like Jon Stewart.
Old 23rd January 2017, 07:10 AM   #69
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

His unwavering mantra is "We have been lied to about 9/11", but apparently he is fine with associating with anybody who lies the living hell out of 9/11, as long as it's not the "government's" lies.

Therein lies a tragedy. I agree that "the government" has passed a few lies about stuff in the orbit around 9/11, and some of those lies may still be uncorrected and not redressed. Perhaps. But as long as Jon is part of the hugely discredited Twoof Movement, no one can take him serious.

He (along with well-meaning and perhaps not totally wrong-being folks like our paloalto, jimd, shure) should change his act, reach out to groups like us and celebrities like Jon Stewart.
Institutional CYA is the rule rather than the exception.

A bunch of folks all across the spectrum failed to connect the dots, even when some individuals farther down the chain of command started to point it out.

It's a common issue in LE that command may have a priority order to focus on a particular type of criminal activity or a criminal group and ignore intelligence developed by officers that don't fit the administrators enforcement agenda.

I believe a bunch of that went down wrt 9/11.

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories