IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags alien visitation

Reply
Old 10th August 2022, 06:45 AM   #641
cjdelphi
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 455
Originally Posted by sackett View Post
Are the aliens in the room with us right now?

Can you show us on the doll where the aliens touched you?

Or didn't touch you?
Did you attend english classes in school? I clearly said I have no memory of it..

Yes they touched me up and anally probed me, is that what your school child like mind wants to hear? The worst anal probing ever....

Oh yeah so funny.. I'm in stitches, anal! You like the word anal you want to hear it mentioned as you involved "touching" even though I have no memory of it
cjdelphi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2022, 06:46 AM   #642
Myriad
The Clarity Is Devastating
 
Myriad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Betwixt
Posts: 19,784
Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
I can show you the relation there definitely is one

https://www.express.co.uk/news/weird...nghamshire-UFO

There's also a farm in romania where the strange lights got closer and next thing they know total darkness

I think tiredness is just a result of being awake for a period of time but no memory

Cjdelphi, a flying saucer could land on the White House lawn later today, a bunch of green-skinned four-foot-tall aliens march out of it, announce a deal to to trade their technology for our zzz-zzinc, and issue a formal apology for the millions of times they've flown over towns abducting people...

And I still wouldn't believe your video shows one of those times. Everything in it is consistent with completely normal phenomena: a local power outage caused by an animal shorting a piece of equipment, a recloser performing its intended function causing a transient in the power lines to your home, causing different lights (from among the same lights that light the scene before the outage) to flicker for a few video frames, a habitually glitchy video camera being glitchy, and one odd electronic sound caused by some other electrically powered device in the room reacting oddly to the transient power.

(You keep misrepresenting the transient power caused by a recliner's normal operation as a "brownout" but that's not what the word means. The transient is can be up to the full line voltage, but when it doesn't stay on long enough to charge up the capacitors in power supply circuits or overcome the capacitive impedance of the branch lines, devices won't power on fully, and whether or not any given device appears to briefly "turn on" depends on design factors and chance. A brownout is sustained power of significantly lower than nominal voltage, which is a different thing and causes different behavior.)

With the exception of the glitchy camera, I've seen all these things happen during local power outages, the most recent of which was also caused by an animal shorting equipment (though falling trees and branches are a far more common cause here). It took several such events to figure out that a certain strange buzzing sound that happened during reclosure glitches was coming from my gas oven. It has electronic controls but no buzzer (it uses a high-pitched beep for alerts) but given a transient power spike it buzzes nonetheless. I don't know why and I don't really care, and I certainly don't know (and don't really care either) which of the devices in your room might have done something similar.

I predict that someday, there will be some other power irregularity in your lines, and you'll hear that same sound again, but while awake this time. And you'll say to yourself either, "OMG the aliens have come back for me!" or "Oh, I guess I was wrong about it being aliens that other time." But based on this thread so far, probably the first one.
__________________
A zømbie once bit my sister...
Myriad is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2022, 06:51 AM   #643
cjdelphi
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 455
Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
Yet the believers in crop circles are as adamant as you are that their evidence is undeniable. Funny that.
I've investigated them

I've seen them faked, I've seen 3D barcode style ones done, there's no truth to any of them except for 1 report which I believe stated it all off

https://youtu.be/ap_gvUiJKGs

He said he saw them hanging around a fresh water supply (I guess cleaner or fresher, lack of salts etc) sucking it up and while they were fuelling up the others were in a field waiting on the ground

I've seen all the shapes and I've never seen a ufo shaped jellyfish or 3d bar code to make a 3d barcode or jelly fish shaped imprint into the ground

The quicker you learn I'm an ex skeptic who has seen too much evidence , the better
cjdelphi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2022, 06:54 AM   #644
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored
 
Jack by the hedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 14,081
Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
As I said before all the evidence one needs is in that video and it rules out anything man made
You have not even discounted the possibility that you were hoaxed by pranksters.

This forum began as the James Randi Education Foundation forum. The late Mr Randi took a particular interest in people making paranormal claims and there are plenty of examples of serious scientists investigating such people being fooled by simple tricks because they just didn't think about the ways they might be deliberately fooled by a disingenuous subject. Randi by contrast was a magician, and professionally interested and well versed in many ways in which people get fooled.

The foundation had a million dollar challenge for anyone who could demonstrate a paranormal ability in a test whose protocol was designed and agreed by both parties to eliminate all possibility of cheating. Of course it was never won.

You have not even begun to eliminate the possibilities.
Jack by the hedge is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2022, 06:54 AM   #645
cjdelphi
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 455
Originally Posted by Myriad View Post
Cjdelphi, a flying saucer could land on the White House lawn later today, a bunch of green-skinned four-foot-tall aliens march out of it, announce a deal to to trade their technology for our zzz-zzinc, and issue a formal apology for the millions of times they've flown over towns abducting people...

And I still wouldn't believe your video shows one of those times. Everything in it is consistent with completely normal phenomena: a local power outage caused by an animal shorting a piece of equipment, a recloser performing its intended function causing a transient in the power lines to your home, causing different lights (from among the same lights that light the scene before the outage) to flicker for a few video frames, a habitually glitchy video camera being glitchy, and one odd electronic sound caused by some other electrically powered device in the room reacting oddly to the transient power.

(You keep misrepresenting the transient power caused by a recliner's normal operation as a "brownout" but that's not what the word means. The transient is can be up to the full line voltage, but when it doesn't stay on long enough to charge up the capacitors in power supply circuits or overcome the capacitive impedance of the branch lines, devices won't power on fully, and whether or not any given device appears to briefly "turn on" depends on design factors and chance. A brownout is sustained power of significantly lower than nominal voltage, which is a different thing and causes different behavior.)

With the exception of the glitchy camera, I've seen all these things happen during local power outages, the most recent of which was also caused by an animal shorting equipment (though falling trees and branches are a far more common cause here). It took several such events to figure out that a certain strange buzzing sound that happened during reclosure glitches was coming from my gas oven. It has electronic controls but no buzzer (it uses a high-pitched beep for alerts) but given a transient power spike it buzzes nonetheless. I don't know why and I don't really care, and I certainly don't know (and don't really care either) which of the devices in your room might have done something similar.

I predict that someday, there will be some other power irregularity in your lines, and you'll hear that same sound again, but while awake this time. And you'll say to yourself either, "OMG the aliens have come back for me!" or "Oh, I guess I was wrong about it being aliens that other time." But based on this thread so far, probably the first one.

Yes yes, have you read the definition of 'skeptic' you need an alien to crash into you and then you would still be uncertain, that's your problem not mine, you limit yourself to the confines of your little safe space or bubble.


Your bubble is going to pop
cjdelphi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2022, 06:55 AM   #646
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat
 
Pixel42's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Malmesbury, UK
Posts: 15,157
Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
I'm expecting the the navy to release high resolution detailed photos of these craft
OK.

So if that doesn't happen in the next 5-10 years, will you accept that you are mistaken? That your highly imaginative interpretation of what is going on in your, and other, videos is not correct?
__________________
"If you trust in yourself ... and believe in your dreams ... and follow your star ... you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things" - Terry Pratchett
Pixel42 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2022, 06:55 AM   #647
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored
 
Jack by the hedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 14,081
Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
Nobody cares I was visited...
Believes. Nobody believes you were visited, because your evidence is so feeble.
Jack by the hedge is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2022, 06:56 AM   #648
cjdelphi
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 455
Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
You have not even discounted the possibility that you were hoaxed by pranksters.

This forum began as the James Randi Education Foundation forum. The late Mr Randi took a particular interest in people making paranormal claims and there are plenty of examples of serious scientists investigating such people being fooled by simple tricks because they just didn't think about the ways they might be deliberately fooled by a disingenuous subject. Randi by contrast was a magician, and professionally interested and well versed in many ways in which people get fooled.

The foundation had a million dollar challenge for anyone who could demonstrate a paranormal ability in a test whose protocol was designed and agreed by both parties to eliminate all possibility of cheating. Of course it was never won.

You have not even begun to eliminate the possibilities.
Pranksters...

That's as bad as sabotaging the power lines and government spy bs, pranksters messing with power lines need to go prison... and if you believe pranksters can do it, you must have some idea how to replicate what we see?

How would it be done?
cjdelphi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2022, 07:01 AM   #649
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored
 
Jack by the hedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 14,081
Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
Pranksters...

That's as bad as sabotaging the power lines and government spy bs, pranksters messing with power lines need to go prison... and if you believe pranksters can do it, you must have some idea how to replicate what we see?

How would it be done?
You're saying it's literally impossible then?

Government spies - laughable
Alien spies - the only alternative

Your threshold for believing something possible seems to be rather lower for technologies which have not been demonstrated to exist.

Last edited by Jack by the hedge; 10th August 2022 at 07:02 AM.
Jack by the hedge is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2022, 07:08 AM   #650
Myriad
The Clarity Is Devastating
 
Myriad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Betwixt
Posts: 19,784
Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
Yes yes, have you read the definition of 'skeptic' you need an alien to crash into you and then you would still be uncertain, that's your problem not mine, you limit yourself to the confines of your little safe space or bubble.

Your bubble is going to pop

Insufficient evidence is still insufficient evidence. Even in a hypothetical world where aliens exist and act openly and everyone knows and acknowledges it, there would be more likely explanations for the content of your video than alien action.

In that world, based on your video you accuse the aliens of abducting you in your sleep and causing lasting fatigue, which constitutes assault. You take them to court. But the aliens deny they were there that night. Their lawyer makes the same points I've been making in this thread. The judge and the process are fair, deciding based only on the evidence presented. Do you have any chance of winning the case?
__________________
A zømbie once bit my sister...
Myriad is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2022, 07:10 AM   #651
cjdelphi
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 455
Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
OK.

So if that doesn't happen in the next 5-10 years, will you accept that you are mistaken? That your highly imaginative interpretation of what is going on in your, and other, videos is not correct?
My video is correct that's what it caught that is what happend and that will never change, skeptics will never be able to explain something that was never done by humans to begin with

Even with high resolution photos, people will say well.. even if they are nobody is being abducted

We always play this game, and now the skeptics have way less pieces on the board vs belivers these days, we will learn more, if in 10 years we don't it may take 20, I hope it is much sooner like 2 to 3 years

But they have it classified and we can't see it... period but even with high resolution videos and photos, that's not proof of alien abduction, that's just proof we are being visited

If in 5 years you see high resolution photos of alien craft and possibly onboard creatures themselves will you believe my video and admit yes they are abducting us? Or will you want more proof of that, ok sure they are here but ...

But nothing, they might be underwater in the air, hiding in the air, doesn't matter really does it, they could be everywhere it changes nothing about human civilisation

But proof they abduct people is on a different level to them just being here, I'm excited it happened, sad they never took me, scared of what I may have experienced or seen ..

Scared of knowing what happened if something did

But as we both know high resolution photos of aliens so yeah big deal, but people don't know abductions are happening to people and not having a single clue..

Ever woken up feeling like a zombie? Were you aware of a flash of light? ... however unlikely those are the questions I now have for people who also witnessed this flash of light

Google "flash of light outside window"
"Camera flash outside window"

They're all clueless what it was which is a far cry from "I was abducted by greys and anally probed" it means anyone could be a victim absolutely anyone including yourself

And even if I'm the slightest bit close to what's going on, people should know!
cjdelphi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2022, 07:14 AM   #652
cjdelphi
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 455
Originally Posted by Myriad View Post
Insufficient evidence is still insufficient evidence. Even in a hypothetical world where aliens exist and act openly and everyone knows and acknowledges it, there would be more likely explanations for the content of your video than alien action.

In that world, based on your video you accuse the aliens of abducting you in your sleep and causing lasting fatigue, which constitutes assault. You take them to court. But the aliens deny they were there that night. Their lawyer makes the same points I've been making in this thread. The judge and the process are fair, deciding based only on the evidence presented. Do you have any chance of winning the case?
But that's the point up until recently I believed only nutters said they were abducted, large eyes and probing ... ugh

It's bs, I bet that's what the government and the aliens want people to think, as long as it's only thrse crazies, the general population is safe..


But that is what this video is implying nobody is safe, people are being abducted, being extremely tired and that's it.

Yes, too right it's assault, hence the anger part ...

Just imagine for 1 second the guy next to you who went sleep early but woke up feeling like a truck hit him... you just don't know, that's why this video is so important, it's not the crazies being abducted it's everyone and anyone!

Last edited by cjdelphi; 10th August 2022 at 07:16 AM.
cjdelphi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2022, 07:18 AM   #653
cjdelphi
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 455
Originally Posted by Myriad View Post
Insufficient evidence is still insufficient evidence. Even in a hypothetical world where aliens exist and act openly and everyone knows and acknowledges it, there would be more likely explanations for the content of your video than alien action.

In that world, based on your video you accuse the aliens of abducting you in your sleep and causing lasting fatigue, which constitutes assault. You take them to court. But the aliens deny they were there that night. Their lawyer makes the same points I've been making in this thread. The judge and the process are fair, deciding based only on the evidence presented. Do you have any chance of winning the case?
Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
You're saying it's literally impossible then?

Government spies - laughable
Alien spies - the only alternative

Your threshold for believing something possible seems to be rather lower for technologies which have not been demonstrated to exist.
Random people are being taken and all they exhibit is tiredness anyone who's seen a strange flash of light, woken up tired real tired for no good reason.... better start asking questions
cjdelphi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2022, 07:40 AM   #654
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored
 
Jack by the hedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 14,081
Okay, I will. My next question is what have you done to independently confirm what the cause of the power cut was?
Jack by the hedge is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2022, 07:44 AM   #655
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat
 
Pixel42's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Malmesbury, UK
Posts: 15,157
Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
If in 5 years you see high resolution photos of alien craft and possibly onboard creatures themselves will you believe my video and admit yes they are abducting us?
I've seen loads of high resolution photos of alien craft and creatures, having seen loads of science fiction films and TV series which heavily feature them. So it would certainly take more than that for me to believe that real alien craft and creatures are visiting my planet. But even if I'm convinced of that (and it would only take some actual objective evidence) I would still see no reason to believe that your highly imaginative interpretation of a perfectly ordinary video of a power cut was correct.
__________________
"If you trust in yourself ... and believe in your dreams ... and follow your star ... you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things" - Terry Pratchett
Pixel42 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2022, 07:51 AM   #656
cjdelphi
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 455
Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
Okay, I will. My next question is what have you done to independently confirm what the cause of the power cut was?
I walked over there the next day so no damage no bbq'ed bats all looks fine, voltage checks out fine no fluctuations the last one was 7 or 8 years ago here

Not that all flashes are this obviously and not all people waking up tired are abduction victims, but if like all the people on google who are asking for help were indeed tired that next morning or anything unusual after experiencing a strange camera like flash, I'd seriously wonder if what's in this video happened to them

But getting answers from 8 year old threads and from people who forgot they even asked the question is surprising difficult, I tracked down Ben Hanson, Nick.Pope, Shelly someone and Mufon and got replies before anyone ever gets back to me about their flash of light experience
cjdelphi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2022, 07:56 AM   #657
cjdelphi
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 455
Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
I've seen loads of high resolution photos of alien craft and creatures, having seen loads of science fiction films and TV series which heavily feature them. So it would certainly take more than that for me to believe that real alien craft and creatures are visiting my planet. But even if I'm convinced of that (and it would only take some actual objective evidence) I would still see no reason to believe that your highly imaginative interpretation of a perfectly ordinary video of a power cut was correct.

Uh oh, you have seen alien creatures and craft? But you don't believe it, probably because it's fake, you haven't seen anything confirmed real... yet, get a move on navy...

I've seen fake aliens it's all funny.. esp when they climb through the chimney, and people fall for CGI, people are idiots

Regarding perfectly normal power cut video...

If that was true nobody would be accusing me of faking it and sabotaging power lines now would they, the ones who have seen and understand what I'm saying did very much see what I did... I have 2 well respected ufo investigators agree I was visited if nothing else

I do believe some people can not see the flash of light it's like it's invisible to them and 9 out of 10 non skeptics will never reply back to me, it is only the skeptics that do..

That's strange right?

Last edited by cjdelphi; 10th August 2022 at 07:59 AM.
cjdelphi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2022, 08:03 AM   #658
Olmstead
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 1,348
Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
Uh oh, you have seen alien creatures and craft? But you don't believe it, probably because it's fake, you haven't seen anything confirmed real... yet, get a move on navy...

I've seen fake aliens it's all funny.. esp when they climb through the chimney, and people fall for CGI, people are idiots

Regarding perfectly normal power cut video...

If that was true nobody would be accusing me of faking it and sabotaging power lines now would they, the ones who have seen and understand what I'm saying did very much see what I did... I have 2 well respected ufo investigators agree I was visited if nothing else

I do believe some people can not see the flash of light it's like it's invisible to them and 9 out of 10 non skeptics will never reply back to me, it is only the skeptics that do..

That's strange right?
A momentary bright spot on a tree and a short strange noise on a recording. Your evidence.
Olmstead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2022, 08:04 AM   #659
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored
 
Jack by the hedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 14,081
Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
I walked over there the next day so no damage no bbq'ed bats all looks fine...
How did you discover where the fault supposedly occurred?
Jack by the hedge is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2022, 08:05 AM   #660
wareyin
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Georgia, USA
Posts: 10,879
Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
But that's the point up until recently I believed only nutters said they were abducted, large eyes and probing ... ugh
And other than a power outage recorded on a cheap camera with glitches combined with you not getting a restful sleep, what changed your mind?
wareyin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2022, 08:14 AM   #661
sackett
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Detroit
Posts: 8,162
I didn't say ONE WORD

Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
Did you attend english classes in school? I clearly said I have no memory of it..

Yes they touched me up and anally probed me, is that what your school child like mind wants to hear? The worst anal probing ever....

Oh yeah so funny.. I'm in stitches, anal! You like the word anal you want to hear it mentioned as you involved "touching" even though I have no memory of it
about your

your

your

your BM place. That's nasty.
__________________
If you would learn a man's character, give him authority.

If you would ruin a man's character, let him seize power.
sackett is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2022, 08:31 AM   #662
Carrot Flower King
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 3,377
Person who believes polygraphs are A Real Working Thing and cites the word of a hypnotherapist for stuff complains that others are not proper sceptics...

Sounds about right for "UFO"/"alien visitation"/crytids'n'that.
Carrot Flower King is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2022, 08:56 AM   #663
Steve
Penultimate Amazing
 
Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sydney Nova Scotia
Posts: 12,008
Contrary to the title, Alien Visitation Contact Proof seems to be lacking in this thread. Merely copious amounts of I believe what I believe because I believe it. Just another in an apparently never-ending conga line of posters who have no real understanding of the word evidence.
__________________
Caption from and old New Yorker cartoon - Why am I shouting? Because I'm wrong!"
Steve is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2022, 09:02 AM   #664
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored
 
Jack by the hedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 14,081
Yes but none of your reasonable-sounding explanations about power cuts explain the alien spaceship that flew overhead. And we know there was an alien spaceship because the power company blamed a bat but they did it on social media which clearly means they were just making it up therefore it was an alien spaceship. Checkmate, skeptics.
Jack by the hedge is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2022, 09:16 AM   #665
sts60
Illuminator
 
sts60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,033
Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
Wrong again it would shock nobody but a skeptic ...
Just to be clear: by “shocked into wakefulness”, I don’t mean “stunned by the revelation”, I literally mean, “woken up by the extremely loud noise - deafening within hundreds of meters - and by the extremely bright lightning display”. That would be the unavoidable consequence of what you claim was going on; that it didn’t happen refutes your central premise. And that you refuse to acknowledge it, let alone address it, indicates your unwillingness to learn anything.

Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
Nobody cares …
“Poor me, those mean old people won’t accept what I say without thinking about it.” Quit your whining.

For the record: I absolutely believe there is intelligent life on other planets. It’s possible they have even visited Earth. What you described is nothing like evidence for that, and in fact contradicts your own claim.
sts60 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2022, 09:38 AM   #666
sackett
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Detroit
Posts: 8,162
There's an old objection to visiting aliens: we don't pick up their radio signals.

I once posted that on a ufoology site, and at once recieved a gravely serious reply that of course advanced beings from another planet would communicate by means of technology far more advanced than radio. IOW, the absence of evidence was further proof of alien visits to our world.

Thus ufoologists can find ever-firmer confirmation for their beliefs the more evidence is lacking.

Let's see you skeptics and your skeptricks refute THAT!

cjdelphi, can I come visit you in Austria?
__________________
If you would learn a man's character, give him authority.

If you would ruin a man's character, let him seize power.
sackett is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2022, 10:34 AM   #667
Axxman300
Philosopher
 
Axxman300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central California Coast
Posts: 6,394
Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
If an alien craft did it, I'm hypothesizing that an ion drive fits it matches all the reports, back in the 50s a police officer said he saw a tic tac land and take off, he said he saw a blue jet and a blast of wind... ion drive

As I keep on saying, they were here they didn't come all this way for me, but "all this way" to an advanced species might be a 20ms trip through a quantum wormhole who knows, distance and time means little of your species has advanced technology a million years ahead of ours


Nothing in my video can be explained unless it WAS alien technology
See, this is the part where if I, as a ghost hunter conducting an interview, would thank you for your time, and get the hell out of the house.

1. You have provided no additional photographs of this location looking from multiple angles.

2. You have not given us a list of infrastructure equipment located nearby.

All we have to this point are some videos that show nothing but a light during a power outage.

I will remind you that you've been arguing with folks who have the relevant science backgrounds to understand space travel on both the functional level, and the theoretical levels. If an alien ship lands tomorrow at M.I.T. I can assure you that none of the technology onboard, nor the physics behind interstellar, or intergalactic travel would be understood by anyone there for quite some time. The idea that you've even wasted time hypothesizing the craft's propulsion suggests you've tried to shoehorn an exotic explanation for the sounds, instead of understanding that power-surges can produce the exact noises in the video if you are in the right place.
__________________
Disingenuous Piranha
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2022, 10:41 AM   #668
CORed
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Central City, Colorado, USA
Posts: 10,556
Originally Posted by sphenisc View Post
They're evidence of YouTube videos.
Obviously, those videos may have been altered (e.g. flashes or sound dubbed in). But even if everything shown is real, what do we have? A power outage, a couple of flashes of light and an odd sound coincident with one of the flashes of light. The videos, taken at face value, do not constitute anything remotely resembling evidence (let alone proof) that extra-terrestrial visitation happened.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2022, 10:46 AM   #669
MBDK
Critical Thinker
 
MBDK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 485
After 17 pages that contain some of the flimsiest claims for having an invisible friend I have ever read, I am convinced of nothing more than the mundane fact that some people are unreasonable beyond non-interventional help. Following a continued insistence of unjustified conclusions for so long has become pointless and boring. I will follow the lead of those before me and retire from this dreck-show (at least for a while).
MBDK is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2022, 10:54 AM   #670
Mojo
Mostly harmless
 
Mojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Nor Flanden
Posts: 36,654
Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
The sound didn't come from any direction only the camera detected it, the human ear did not hear it...

If you don’t know what direction the noise came from, what are you basing your claim that it came “directly from the light source” on, other than your imagination?
__________________
"You got to use your brain." - McKinley Morganfield

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2022, 10:57 AM   #671
ferd burfle
Graduate Poster
 
ferd burfle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Just short of Zeta II Reticuli
Posts: 1,581
Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
Yeah they damn well do and I'm here with proof of that, you know full well none of it normal and can't be explained along with all the other people it happened to.. (google search and see for yourself)

There's a good reason for it, it's not human and will be unknown until aliens land and tell you themselves, this is the next best evidence after UAPs you're going to see in quite some time until new videos are released

Maybe I'm smart enough to rule out what humans can do because I know full well what humans are capable and of let's talk about switching power supplies, pwm i2c communications and spi, let's talk about uart let's talk diodes zener diodes shottky diodes let's talk about high voltage dc power lines and using sem conductors let's talk about edison bulbs valves and how electrons flow through the vacuum creating x Ray's tesla coils, let's talk about oscillator via a crystal gated oscillator

There's nothing the government has I don't understand how works I write the software their machines use

And yes looking at every frame gives away so much detail, the position of where the light source landed, the shadows of the pot plants the fact my lighting lights up the tree, the search beam does not

It shows 2 search beams, it shows the search beam 60 meters away it shows the power going out 1 block away before our own block and probably a lot more

Don't punish me if you lack the intelligence to investigate a video so don't go there

Yeah, let's talk about UARTs. Yours seems to have a fault; it's stuck on transmit.

A skeptic is a person who, among other things, keeps an open mind. Based on your posts you show no signs of being one.
__________________
What are the odds something bad will happen to a submarine in a Godzilla movie?-Brandon
ferd burfle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2022, 10:58 AM   #672
CORed
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Central City, Colorado, USA
Posts: 10,556
Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
My video is correct that's what it caught that is what happend and that will never change, skeptics will never be able to explain something that was never done by humans to begin with

Even with high resolution photos, people will say well.. even if they are nobody is being abducted

We always play this game, and now the skeptics have way less pieces on the board vs belivers these days, we will learn more, if in 10 years we don't it may take 20, I hope it is much sooner like 2 to 3 years

But they have it classified and we can't see it... period but even with high resolution videos and photos, that's not proof of alien abduction, that's just proof we are being visited

If in 5 years you see high resolution photos of alien craft and possibly onboard creatures themselves will you believe my video and admit yes they are abducting us? Or will you want more proof of that, ok sure they are here but ...
Not at all. Your video shows nothing that I would attribute to aliens, even given that they are proven to exist. Also, the existence of aliens in no way proves that they've abducted anyone
Quote:
But nothing, they might be underwater in the air, hiding in the air, doesn't matter really does it, they could be everywhere it changes nothing about human civilisation

But proof they abduct people is on a different level to them just being here, I'm excited it happened, sad they never took me, scared of what I may have experienced or seen ..

Scared of knowing what happened if something did

But as we both know high resolution photos of aliens so yeah big deal, but people don't know abductions are happening to people and not having a single clue..

Ever woken up feeling like a zombie? Were you aware of a flash of light? ... however unlikely those are the questions I now have for people who also witnessed this flash of light

Google "flash of light outside window"
"Camera flash outside window"

They're all clueless what it was which is a far cry from "I was abducted by greys and anally probed" it means anyone could be a victim absolutely anyone including yourself

And even if I'm the slightest bit close to what's going on, people should know!
FWIW, I think your videos are likely an accurate recording of what happened, if for no other reason than that if you wanted to fake a video of an alien contact, you could have done a hell of a lot better. The problem is that nothing in those videos constitutes evidence of an alien encounter. A power outage, a couple of flashes of light and a weird sound. Can I explain the flashes or the sound? Well, I can think of a lot of possibilities, but there is just not enough there to make anything more than educated guesses. I won't play that game. Your "proof" is not proof. It's not evidence that anything out of the ordinary actually happened. Alien visitation is your claim. It's your job to provide evidence, and you have utterly failed to do so.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2022, 11:08 AM   #673
CORed
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Central City, Colorado, USA
Posts: 10,556
Originally Posted by sts60 View Post
Just to be clear: by “shocked into wakefulness”, I don’t mean “stunned by the revelation”, I literally mean, “woken up by the extremely loud noise - deafening within hundreds of meters - and by the extremely bright lightning display”. That would be the unavoidable consequence of what you claim was going on; that it didn’t happen refutes your central premise. And that you refuse to acknowledge it, let alone address it, indicates your unwillingness to learn anything.


“Poor me, those mean old people won’t accept what I say without thinking about it.” Quit your whining.

For the record: I absolutely believe there is intelligent life on other planets. It’s possible they have even visited Earth. What you described is nothing like evidence for that, and in fact contradicts your own claim.
Given the sheer size of the universe, it seems to me to be unlikely in the extreme that we are the only example of intelligent life. However, I think it is very likely that intelligent life is extremely rare. It also appears that interstellar travel is a very tough nut to crack technologically; so tough that it may well be impossible. So I have to say that it is possible, but pretty unlikely that we are, or have been visited. But even if my estimate of probability is way low, a power outage, a couple of flashes of light and a funny noise do not even rise to the level of "Maybe it was aliens".

Last edited by CORed; 10th August 2022 at 11:13 AM.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2022, 11:23 AM   #674
CORed
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Central City, Colorado, USA
Posts: 10,556
Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
It was silent outside the neighbour was awake.. the sound we do hear, only the camera heard it...

Now you show me how you light up my path without lighting up the tree directly behind it without lighting up the entire tree?

That's not possible

The 9th second that went missing not possible I was running the camera from a switching regulator running off a 100ah battery, if it had of been EMI or EMF, we would have seen blacked out pixels and corruption, it was not...

If you look at every frame of the video like I have you will see the light between the tree go out a fraction of a second before the lights here, the power was being taken out block by block as something flew over..

The power company said it was a bat that caused the power out, well, no bat being electrocuted can create a flash of light without a zzzzzzap firecracker/whip type sound as the plasma discharges into the air due to less resistance of the bat getting between the conductors

Yes, I'm into electronics as you can see on the rest of my youtube videos

But my power company would say a bat did it even if an asteroid hit the power station can't be trusted

What happened was the power source from the craft causes an induced magnetic current into the power lines and the relays kick in and shut down the power lines, that's why you see the lights fade out not flicker
Regarding the bat: I'm not sure how close to you this alleged bat electrocution happened. I think you are right that such an event would make some noise, but I suspect the arc flash at night would be visible at a considerably larger distance than the sound would be audible. As far as the power company lying: While I would not put it past a power company to lie about their lines starting a fire, where they might have a significant liability, there really isn't any plausible reason for them to lie about the cause of a simple outage. Those can be caused by anything from an unfortunate bat or squirrel shorting out the line, to a tree branch contacting a line to equipment just wearing out.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2022, 11:25 AM   #675
Myriad
The Clarity Is Devastating
 
Myriad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Betwixt
Posts: 19,784
Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
the truth shocks you and you refuse to even consider it, but one day soon, it's going to come out and will you then apologise?

Here's why I don't care, even if there were convincing evidence you were visited.

Because there are countless more important things to care about.

Wars that are going on right now kill hundreds of people a day. A major war fought with weapons of mass destruction could directly and indirectly kill billions. Have you posted in our International Politics forum expressing any concerns about this?

Infectious illness has continued, as it always has, to kill millions of people a year, and in recent years there's been a pandemic that (in addition to slightly raising the death rate) has impacted the world's economy. New pathogens and new variants of old ones threaten more pandemics. Have you posted in our Science and Medicine forum expressing any concerns about this?

Murder, suicide, accidents, natural disasters, effects of climate change, misused drugs, hazardous work, and economic exploitation take their toll of human lives and well-being. Growing cultural and economic differences in our societies threaten to disrupt the complex systems that keep us provided with our needs. Have you posted in our Social Issues and Current Events forum expressing any concerns about this?

You have not attempted to demonstrate why such "visits," even if they're really happening, are important. A "visit" made you tired for a few days? So could a minor cold, an unusually stressful work day, a night on the town, or an unwise all-nighter with a video game. Are you as worried about those scourges as you are about aliens?

Ah, you say, but what if the aliens stop being literally the most harmless things on the planet, and suddenly act to destroy us or take over or steal all our resources? Well, in that case, mate, there's **** all we can do about it.

As I posted earlier, an interstellar craft that can accomplish the task requires control of amounts of energy, and concentrations of power, that dwarf our entire industrial output by orders of magnitude. The difference in power between one of our nuclear powered aircraft carriers, and a starship of the same mass that can accelerate to a tenth of the speed of light in a year, is a factor of over 7,000,000. (And note that taking a year to reach a mere .1c, a speed that still requires decades or centuries to reach nearby stars, is as slow as a rowboat compared with the craft depicted in Star Wars, Star Trek, Close Encounters and so forth.)

A pocket cigarette lighter, scaled up in power output by the same factor, would put out the energy of a ton of TNT (or 120 liters of gasoline when burned in air) every seven seconds.

And if you can control and contain such concentrations of power—that is, flick the 600 megawatt cigarette lighter without burning your fingers, or turn on the starship's 1.4 petawatt engine without vaporizing it and the rest of the craft, then there is nothing humanity can individually or collectively do to hinder you in the slightest.

Oh, but maybe the aliens have advanced beyond the need to use energy to move matter around. Maybe they've come up with means of physical instrumentality completely outside our scientific knowledge. Well, if you think about it, that makes resisting their supposed intentions even more impossible.

Of all the things that could kill me without my being able to do anything about it—from a sudden heart attack to a random indiscriminate shooter on the street to an asteroid impact—hostile aliens are among the very least likely.

In the end you are shilling feckless fear. Not just because it's unjustified by the evidence you offer, which it is, but because you cannot offer any plausible recourse or remedy. All you can suggest is "be afraid," and what's the point of that?
__________________
A zømbie once bit my sister...
Myriad is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2022, 11:25 AM   #676
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing
 
Gord_in_Toronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 23,345
Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
https://youtu.be/Q4mnHuZ2_00

2 minutes 25seconds into the video, believe me, he has done a 180 degree u-turn

He was as skeptic as you
Well there's nine-and-a-half minutes of my life I'll never get back.

Actual Nick Pope quote about what he believes:

Quote:
Do you believe we’re being visited by extraterrestrials?

I haven’t seen any definitive ‘you can take that to the bank’ proof, but I remain open-minded about the possibilities, so I certainly can’t rule it out. We should always bear in mind that the skeptics need to be right every day, but the believers only need to be right once!
(from his website, http://nickpope.net/wpte19/ )
__________________
"Reality is what's left when you cease to believe." Philip K. Dick
Gord_in_Toronto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2022, 11:29 AM   #677
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing
 
Gord_in_Toronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 23,345
Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
If an alien craft did it, I'm hypothesizing that an ion drive fits it matches all the reports, back in the 50s a police officer said he saw a tic tac land and take off, he said he saw a blue jet and a blast of wind... ion drive

As I keep on saying, they were here they didn't come all this way for me, but "all this way" to an advanced species might be a 20ms trip through a quantum wormhole who knows, distance and time means little of your species has advanced technology a million years ahead of ours


Nothing in my video can be explained unless it WAS alien technology
No, he saw an early experimental hot air balloon. The flame was not blue and the object made a roaring noise as it took off.
__________________
"Reality is what's left when you cease to believe." Philip K. Dick
Gord_in_Toronto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2022, 11:32 AM   #678
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing
 
Gord_in_Toronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 23,345
Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lonnie_Zamora_incident

1964, he chased a tic tac, In what 2014 ? the navy did the same and chased a tic tac with video evidence...
While he still had his glasses on Zamora said "it looks like a balloon”.
__________________
"Reality is what's left when you cease to believe." Philip K. Dick
Gord_in_Toronto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2022, 11:51 AM   #679
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing
 
Gord_in_Toronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 23,345
Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
I don't think, I know there was... how many times do you look at the sky at night?...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bN1...w?usp=drivesdk

I watched that hovering a few km away from my home, 3 swirls if plasma moved around I rushed back inside for the video and it out shone the street lamps, this image is zoomed in and it was taken on a galaxy s4

I keep an eye on them that's my only theory as to why they may be keeping an eye scratch that that's why they visited me, but everyone in those links maybe they each did something of interest


Hundreds of people saying things happen might be wrong but when tens of thousands have seen things over the last 200 years with countless videos and photos now UAPs and people reporting flashes of light I caught it

If a brown out or dimly lit magic bulb or flying transformer or I manipulated it or sabotaging the power lines make more sense to you only time will prove me correct, hold on to your silly theories if they help you to sleep better at night
There are people who look at the night sky every night; they're called astronomers. Around the planet there are multitudinous All-Sky Camera Networks. They record everything from horizon to horizon and from dawn to dusk. They regularly capture images of meteorites. They never capture images of UFOs, UAPs, of Flying Saucers.

Your link shows a, possibly out of focus, blob of light. Very convincing.
__________________
"Reality is what's left when you cease to believe." Philip K. Dick
Gord_in_Toronto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2022, 12:19 PM   #680
kali1137
Master Poster
 
kali1137's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Purgatory, PA
Posts: 2,451
Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
Yeah the whole video is a complete waste of time because that entire second went missing, totally useless evidence
This is the second time this has been brought up to you and the second time you have misunderstood the point. YOU initially stated that the missing second was important because it was proof of abduction or something.

When it was later pointed out that it was simply a glitch that showed up in another one of your videos you agreed it was glitch and now try to downplay it. So the problem is either in your reading comprehension or you are purposely playing dumb to the point so you won't have to address it and admit you made a mistake(false assumption).
kali1137 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:27 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.