IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags alien visitation

Reply
Old 11th August 2022, 07:44 PM   #881
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena
Pronouns: he/him
 
arthwollipot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ngunnawal Country
Posts: 79,943
Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
Well, I guess the navy is making UAPs up, all those fake videos, all this evidence clearly means nothing, ignorance is bliss
They're not fake videos. They are genuine videos. But there's no proof that they show aliens.

Let's see if I can make explicit the cognitive leap that we're questioning:

1. Weird video
2. ??????????? <-- this is the bit we are having a problem with
3. Therefore, aliens.
__________________
The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all your Tears wash out a Word of it.
arthwollipot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2022, 08:53 PM   #882
cjdelphi
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 455
Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
"Admit" aliens are real? Get a grip. "Believe intelligent alien life probably exists somewhere" is the phrase you were grasping for and missed.

The speed of light hasn't changed in all those millions of years. How many million years do you think your aliens spent blundering across the cosmos before they found your neighbourhood?
You admit alien life exists but you can only apply human technology to their advanced race? Why they have technology you can not imagine same way you have technology in your pocket someone from 1400 would never be able to imagine

You have the same attitude as someone from the middle ages as well , time to enlighten yourself
cjdelphi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2022, 08:58 PM   #883
cjdelphi
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 455
Originally Posted by arthwollipot View Post
They're not fake videos. They are genuine videos. But there's no proof that they show aliens.

Let's see if I can make explicit the cognitive leap that we're questioning:

1. Weird video
2. ??????????? <-- this is the bit we are having a problem with
3. Therefore, aliens.
Those UAPs outperform American jet fighters, do you really believe that's Russian or chinese when Russia still hasn't taken Ukraine! and china is still trying to scare Taiwan

With that technology explain why that is true?

That leaves very little else coupled with that sound and the power going out, the alien theory fits completely 100% no other theory put forward does, it only explains a tiny amount but never explains both light and sound and power going out

The evidence points to alien more than it points to magical flying transformers and brown outs that are never seen to take place in the video

Next you will be telling me you can't convict a criminal of murder after a 60 second video shows them doing it because that knife could be anything...

Last edited by cjdelphi; 11th August 2022 at 08:59 PM.
cjdelphi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2022, 09:07 PM   #884
cjdelphi
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 455
Originally Posted by jsfisher View Post
Gee, in your previous post where you attempted to dismiss the Channel 7 video you knew the answer to this question. Now, you do not?

You position is as fluid as quicksand.
Do you know how many posts I've relied to.. clearly I missed one and I've not said a word about it! Don't put words in my mouth, what about a 7 report? Did they disclaim aliens are not visiting? I'd love to see that

But it's been quite the opposite every news station is finally dropping the skeptical outlook and no longer ridiculing guests who come on the government is now taking them seriously the evidence is mounting and time is on my side regarding this subject
cjdelphi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2022, 09:23 PM   #885
cjdelphi
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 455
https://www.google.com/amp/s/7news.c...-c-2945676.amp

Gee...

"A 7NEWS Spotlight investigation has lifted the lid on government coverups around UFOs stretching back decades."

You'll be hard pushed to find any modern news company laughing at people who think aliens are visiting these days your days were gone 10 years ago, same for my video only time before it happens again with a better camera or with visible view of the sky...

Now it's about getting the truth and finding out who has been lying and why for the last 100 years we have been seeing these things

Last edited by cjdelphi; 11th August 2022 at 09:56 PM.
cjdelphi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2022, 10:23 PM   #886
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena
Pronouns: he/him
 
arthwollipot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ngunnawal Country
Posts: 79,943
Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
Those UAPs outperform American jet fighters, do you really believe that's Russian or chinese when Russia still hasn't taken Ukraine! and china is still trying to scare Taiwan

With that technology explain why that is true?
You're still assuming that the Navy videos show something technological. The Triangle is a lens flare! Not even an object at all. An optical artefact. Gimbal is a regular commercial aircraft at a distance. GoFast is, in all likelihood, a balloon.

Stop assuming that all UAPs are technological and the truth will hit you in the face.
__________________
The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all your Tears wash out a Word of it.
arthwollipot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2022, 10:34 PM   #887
cjdelphi
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 455
Originally Posted by arthwollipot View Post
You're still assuming that the Navy videos show something technological. The Triangle is a lens flare! Not even an object at all. An optical artefact. Gimbal is a regular commercial aircraft at a distance. GoFast is, in all likelihood, a balloon.

Stop assuming that all UAPs are technological and the truth will hit you in the face.
No, it will hit you in the face...

Your truth nothing happening would be a disappointment but it certainly wouldn't hit me in the face, I KNOW they are here, the tic tac and gimbal are definitely not the only occurrence there is with the navy

A gimbal or acorn shape craft crashed in a forest and the army came into remove it, there clearly many alien species and all have their own motivation for coming here

You'll see, find me any modern news report that refutes the possibly of us being visited, that triangle you say is lens flare, I don't know what that is, what I will say is, I hope the navy knows what lens flare is and that's why they released it

Now not only are the people who see things were wrong, now the navy is wrong and the government is wrong in adding the claim it could be of not of this world, it got silently added ..

In a few years you will be arguing the high res photos are not good enough and any alien beings are CGI, this nonsense never ends, yet every year more proof comes along favouring the believers...

Last edited by cjdelphi; 11th August 2022 at 10:36 PM.
cjdelphi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2022, 10:44 PM   #888
stanfr
Master Poster
 
stanfr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,259
Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/s/7news.c...-c-2945676.amp

Gee...

"A 7NEWS Spotlight investigation has lifted the lid on government coverups around UFOs stretching back decades."

You'll be hard pushed to find any modern news company laughing at people who think aliens are visiting these days your days were gone 10 years ago, same for my video only time before it happens again with a better camera or with visible view of the sky...

Now it's about getting the truth and finding out who has been lying and why for the last 100 years we have been seeing these things
Don't be so sure of yourself. It has been interesting to watch the evolution of UFO sightings, from the flash gordon saucers of the 50s and 60s to todays much less entertaining phenomena of lens flare and camera artifacts. Using the Bigfoot analogy again, after cell phone cameras became ubiquitous, Bigfoot proponents swore it would be a matter of months...which dragged to years...which dragged to decades before clear convincing foorage of the Squatch would appear. Never happened of course, because Bigfoot is imaginary. So re alien spacecraft visiting earth, as evidenced by the total lack of clear footage. Instead, we get increasingly vague and meaningless stuff like navy videos of planes and mundane lights in one's neighborhood which baffle the gullible...hence ALIENS!
stanfr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2022, 10:47 PM   #889
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena
Pronouns: he/him
 
arthwollipot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ngunnawal Country
Posts: 79,943
Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
You'll see, find me any modern news report that refutes the possibly of us being visited, that triangle you say is lens flare, I don't know what that is, what I will say is, I hope the navy knows what lens flare is and that's why they released it
You don't know what a lens flare is? Congratulations, you're one of today's lucky 10,000.

Lens flare is where light is scattered on the inside of a camera lens, producing a visual artefact. Most lens flare is circular, because most cameras have a circular aperture. The particular model of camera that was used to capture the Triangle happens to have a triangular aperture. It's not just a correspondence, it is a perfect correspondence. There is no object. There is only light and reflections.
__________________
The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all your Tears wash out a Word of it.
arthwollipot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2022, 10:51 PM   #890
stanfr
Master Poster
 
stanfr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,259
Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
No, it will hit you in the face...

Your truth nothing happening would be a disappointment but it certainly wouldn't hit me in the face, I KNOW they are here, the tic tac and gimbal are definitely not the only occurrence there is with the navy

A gimbal or acorn shape craft crashed in a forest and the army came into remove it, there clearly many alien species and all have their own motivation for coming here

You'll see, find me any modern news report that refutes the possibly of us being visited, that triangle you say is lens flare, I don't know what that is, what I will say is, I hope the navy knows what lens flare is and that's why they released it

Now not only are the people who see things were wrong, now the navy is wrong and the government is wrong in adding the claim it could be of not of this world, it got silently added ..

In a few years you will be arguing the high res photos are not good enough and any alien beings are CGI, this nonsense never ends, yet every year more proof comes along favouring the believers...
Exactly why we currently demand more than just "high res photos" because it is so easy to fake things with software, and many people are doing just that.
Seriously, you strike me as someone who watched "Alien autopsy" and was 100% convinced without the slightest doubt.
Prove to me the invisible dragon that lives under my bed isn't real--show me any modern news report that refutes the possibility of that dragon living there right now, I challenge you. My challenge is as asinine as yours.
stanfr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2022, 10:55 PM   #891
stanfr
Master Poster
 
stanfr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,259
Originally Posted by arthwollipot View Post
You don't know what a lens flare is? Congratulations, you're one of today's lucky 10,000.

Lens flare is where light is scattered on the inside of a camera lens, producing a visual artefact. Most lens flare is circular, because most cameras have a circular aperture. The particular model of camera that was used to capture the Triangle happens to have a triangular aperture. It's not just a correspondence, it is a perfect correspondence. There is no object. There is only light and reflections.
As a photographer who constantly has to explain to wooish tourists that their photos of orbs are actually lens flare or photos of out of focus bugs, I can assure you that no amount of common sense and basic knowledge will enlighten them. Might as well tell them god don't exist.
stanfr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2022, 11:03 PM   #892
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena
Pronouns: he/him
 
arthwollipot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ngunnawal Country
Posts: 79,943
Originally Posted by stanfr View Post
As a photographer who constantly has to explain to wooish tourists that their photos of orbs are actually lens flare or photos of out of focus bugs, I can assure you that no amount of common sense and basic knowledge will enlighten them. Might as well tell them god don't exist.
I am cursed with an irrational need to try.
__________________
The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all your Tears wash out a Word of it.
arthwollipot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2022, 11:19 PM   #893
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat
 
Pixel42's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Malmesbury, UK
Posts: 15,157
Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
Well, I guess the navy is making UAPs up, all those fake videos, all this evidence clearly means nothing, ignorance is bliss
Why do you keep doing this?

No one here has disputed the existence of these (mostly unfaked) videos, any more than they have disputed the possibility of intelligent life elsewhere in the universe. We are only disputing that such videos are evidence of, let alone proof of, alien spacecraft visiting this planet.
__________________
"If you trust in yourself ... and believe in your dreams ... and follow your star ... you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things" - Terry Pratchett
Pixel42 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2022, 11:27 PM   #894
cjdelphi
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 455
Originally Posted by arthwollipot View Post
You don't know what a lens flare is? Congratulations, you're one of today's lucky 10,000.

Lens flare is where light is scattered on the inside of a camera lens, producing a visual artefact. Most lens flare is circular, because most cameras have a circular aperture. The particular model of camera that was used to capture the Triangle happens to have a triangular aperture. It's not just a correspondence, it is a perfect correspondence. There is no object. There is only light and reflections.
"What that is" refers to the triangle we see, I know full well what lens flare is
cjdelphi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2022, 11:28 PM   #895
cjdelphi
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 455
Originally Posted by stanfr View Post
Exactly why we currently demand more than just "high res photos" because it is so easy to fake things with software, and many people are doing just that.
Seriously, you strike me as someone who watched "Alien autopsy" and was 100% convinced without the slightest doubt.
Prove to me the invisible dragon that lives under my bed isn't real--show me any modern news report that refutes the possibility of that dragon living there right now, I challenge you. My challenge is as asinine as yours.
Exactly this argument is useless you will never be happy until they land in your back yard

Alien autopsy was fake, I'll show you everything that isn't real and leave you with what is real and genuinely unexplainable.. again you would not be happy until one landed

I even mentioned lens flare in a previous statement I made as I see it all all the time being passed off as alien I will only provide you with evidence I believe to be true and there is not that much of it out there

Most .can be explained away I do that all the time.

I'm no normal believer i will debunk ghost paranormal and most alien bs online I've only become this way because of evidence I've seen I know can't be faked you will find me arguing with crop circle believers and ancient alien crap if there's no evidence I don't care about it! I only care where it is unexplainable

Last edited by cjdelphi; 11th August 2022 at 11:39 PM.
cjdelphi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2022, 11:35 PM   #896
cjdelphi
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 455
Originally Posted by stanfr View Post
As a photographer who constantly has to explain to wooish tourists that their photos of orbs are actually lens flare or photos of out of focus bugs, I can assure you that no amount of common sense and basic knowledge will enlighten them. Might as well tell them god don't exist.
Was god born on earth?. No right so god was born else where? Yes.. god must be an alien then

I know full well what lens flare is, I've debunked countless videos .. I only bring up what I can't debunk
cjdelphi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2022, 11:37 PM   #897
Blue Mountain
Resident Skeptical Hobbit
 
Blue Mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Waging war on woo-woo in Winnipeg
Posts: 7,229
Hi cjdelphi, can you tell me what's on top of the pole in this picture?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220406_133704_800x600.jpg (108.5 KB, 25 views)
__________________
The social illusion reigns to-day upon all the heaped-up ruins of the past, and to it belongs the future. The masses have never thirsted after truth. They turn aside from evidence that is not to their taste, preferring to deify error, if error seduce them. Gustav Le Bon, The Crowd, 1895 (from the French)
Blue Mountain is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2022, 11:41 PM   #898
Mojo
Mostly harmless
 
Mojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Nor Flanden
Posts: 36,654
Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
"What that is" refers to the triangle we see, I know full well what lens flare is

But then you also know full well what the “Large Hydrogen Collider” is.
__________________
"You got to use your brain." - McKinley Morganfield

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2022, 11:45 PM   #899
cjdelphi
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 455
Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
Why do you keep doing this?

No one here has disputed the existence of these (mostly unfaked) videos, any more than they have disputed the possibility of intelligent life elsewhere in the universe. We are only disputing that such videos are evidence of, let alone proof of, alien spacecraft visiting this planet.
Because all the craft you see in the navy videos make our technology look like a McDonalds kids toy, 9k feet in less than a second, no.. you really need to go investigate the nimitz encounter as you clearly haven't
cjdelphi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2022, 11:48 PM   #900
cjdelphi
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 455
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
But then you also know full well what the “Large Hydrogen Collider” is.
Guess what... I have a phone which replaces my words automatically until you add it

The large Hadron collider has already been superseded by a larger collider, I wonder why... to discover new fundamental building blocks in that one day we can manipulate the world around us on a quantum level leading to who knows what...

If you are getting excited over spelling mistakes it means you ran out of ways to ridicule me so this is your only way it also means you can't prove me wrong either...

Last edited by cjdelphi; 11th August 2022 at 11:55 PM.
cjdelphi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2022, 11:53 PM   #901
cjdelphi
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 455
"Nimitz*Carrier Group off the coast of California, and estimate lower bounds on the accelerations exhibited by the craft during the observed maneuvers. Estimated accelerations range from almost**to 1000s of gs with no observed air disturbance, no sonic booms, and no evidence of excessive heat commensurate with even the minimal estimated energies. In accordance with observ......"


https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7514271/


The more you research the more you discover it can't be human behind it

Last edited by cjdelphi; 11th August 2022 at 11:55 PM.
cjdelphi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2022, 11:56 PM   #902
cjdelphi
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 455
Originally Posted by Blue Mountain View Post
Hi cjdelphi, can you tell me what's on top of the pole in this picture?
It's a tree? Hold on...
cjdelphi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2022, 12:02 AM   #903
cjdelphi
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 455
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hNn...w?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h2D...w?usp=drivesdk
cjdelphi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2022, 12:03 AM   #904
Mojo
Mostly harmless
 
Mojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Nor Flanden
Posts: 36,654
Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
Guess what... I have a phone which replaces my words automatically until you add it

And yet you failed to understand what I was getting at when I asked about deuterium and tritium.

Quote:
If you are getting excited over spelling mistakes it means you ran out of ways to ridicule me so this is your only way it also means you can't prove me wrong either...

You still don’t get it. We don’t need to prove you wrong, you need to prove yourself right. As long as your argument boils down to “you can’t prove me wrong” you have failed.
__________________
"You got to use your brain." - McKinley Morganfield

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2022, 12:04 AM   #905
cjdelphi
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 455
Any light coming from a remote source, bulbs lamps, it would all light up the tree not just the path outside my bedroom window like it does...
cjdelphi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2022, 12:04 AM   #906
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena
Pronouns: he/him
 
arthwollipot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ngunnawal Country
Posts: 79,943
Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
"What that is" refers to the triangle we see, I know full well what lens flare is
My mistake. I apologise for misinterpreting. Regardless, the fact that the "object" is the exact same shape as the camera's aperture is pretty convincing.

Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
The large Hadron collider has already been superseded by a larger collider, I wonder why...
What? No it hasn't.
__________________
The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all your Tears wash out a Word of it.
arthwollipot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2022, 12:06 AM   #907
cjdelphi
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 455
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
And yet you failed to understand what I was getting at when I asked about deuterium and tritium.




You still don’t get it. We don’t need to prove you wrong, you need to prove yourself right. As long as your argument boils down to “you can’t prove me wrong” you have failed.
I explained it, you say I'm wrong, you can't offer an alternative that fits but you still expect me to believe I'm wrong

Not going to happen until you explain how and it better take the power out and make a search beam light and whatever explanation you have better make sound like you hear in the video, if you can't not even remotely, get off my screen
cjdelphi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2022, 12:10 AM   #908
cjdelphi
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 455
Originally Posted by arthwollipot View Post
My mistake. I apologise for misinterpreting. Regardless, the fact that the "object" is the exact same shape as the camera's aperture is pretty convincing.

What? No it hasn't.
https://ec.europa.eu/research-and-in...hree-times-big

It has, it just hasn't been built yet lol

Regarding the triangle I don't know as I said not seen any evidence nobody tracked it like the nimitz encounter it could be lens flare or it could be aliens going about their business I haven't done any research to rule out either but until I do that I have an open mind and yes I will keep your note that it's the same shape as the aperture it could very well be..

No idea
cjdelphi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2022, 12:13 AM   #909
Mojo
Mostly harmless
 
Mojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Nor Flanden
Posts: 36,654
Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
I explained it, you say I'm wrong, you can't offer an alternative that fits but you still expect me to believe I'm wrong

Not going to happen until you explain how and it better take the power out and make a search beam light and whatever explanation you have better make sound like you hear in the video, if you can't not even remotely, get off my screen

Nope. You’re starting with the presumption that it was an alien spaceship, and asking people to disprove that presumption. This makes your argument invalid. As does the very obvious non-sequitur at its centre.
__________________
"You got to use your brain." - McKinley Morganfield

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2022, 12:41 AM   #910
cjdelphi
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 455
Originally Posted by arthwollipot View Post
My mistake. I apologise for misinterpreting. Regardless, the fact that the "object" is the exact same shape as the camera's aperture is pretty convincing.

What? No it hasn't.
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
Nope. You’re starting with the presumption that it was an alien spaceship, and asking people to disprove that presumption. This makes your argument invalid. As does the very obvious non-sequitur at its centre.
You sound like a broken record never adding anything new not investigating what has been presented or even attempting to explain it as a reasonable explanation behind it

There isn't one it's unexplainable and that sound you hear is not an electrical interference issue

Find me an article claiming you are correct they can't be here because.... I'd love to hear it, if you can't offer one, change the record
cjdelphi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2022, 12:43 AM   #911
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena
Pronouns: he/him
 
arthwollipot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ngunnawal Country
Posts: 79,943
Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
There isn't one it's unexplainable and that sound you hear is not an electrical interference issue
If it's unexplainable why are you trying to convince us that you have an explanation?
__________________
The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all your Tears wash out a Word of it.
arthwollipot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2022, 12:45 AM   #912
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: I live in a swamp
Posts: 26,500
Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
More unjustified fear

I think our own laws will be broken and I don't believe aliens are sticking to them, if they had of, we wouldn't see so many sighting and hear of so many reports daily

If every skeptic is fearful of this, it's because they think something has changed nothing has changed if they wanted us gone, we wouldn't be here

If your fear is abduction, why? It's been happening for a very long time, now you know it happens you are scared? That's the difference then, I'm not scared of an alien species that didn't wipe us out hundreds of years ago I'm not afraid now despite knowing the truth

Alien abduction is not suddenly scary because we finally find out ....nothing new ...same ol bs, I simply caught them out and unlike all the others who witness this flash of light, I caught it

Stop with the unjustified fear...

Ignorance has protected nobody
Dude, WTF are you talking about? Light Speed is not that kind of law. You don't just break it and get a ticket.
__________________
Fight like a Ukrainian.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2022, 01:04 AM   #913
MBDK
Critical Thinker
 
MBDK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 485
Originally Posted by arthwollipot View Post
What? No it hasn't.


Of course, you are right, but what is funny is when an ignorant response to your comment only magnifies the extent to how out of touch the responder is.

The proposed successor to the LHC is still in the relatively early planning stages. The LHC itself took around 30 years to evolve from concept to completion. Claiming a conceptual idea has "superseded" a working instrument only shows how little that person understands regarding the application of science and engineering. Heck, even the EuroCirCol project only prepped a report (finished in 2019), with more planning to be done.

From January, 2021 -
https://cerncourier.com/a/horizon-ev...cc-innovators/

Quote:
The meeting combined the fourth FCC physics week with the kick-off event for the EU-funded Horizon 2020 FCC Innovation Study (FCCIS). A successor to the previous EuroCirCol project, which was completed in 2019 and supported the preparation of the FCC conceptual design report (CDR), it will support the preparation of a feasibility study of a 100 km-circumference collider that could host an intensity- frontier electron–positron Higgs and electroweak factory (FCC-ee), followed by a 100 TeV energy-frontier hadron collider (FCC-hh) – an integrated scheme that EuroCirCol showed to be doable “in principle”. Key advantages of the FCC design are the multiple interaction points, high beam luminosities and long-term science mission covering both precision and energy frontiers over several decades (see FCC-ee: beyond a Higgs factory). The design must now be validated. “The feasibility study of FCC is particularly challenging and will require the hard work, dedication and enthusiasm of the full FCC community,” noted CERN Director-General Fabiola Gianotti.

Last edited by MBDK; 12th August 2022 at 01:10 AM. Reason: Added word "regarding" in my 2nd paragraph for clarity. And dropped extra "2" from 2021.
MBDK is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2022, 01:11 AM   #914
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored
 
Jack by the hedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 14,080
You keep bringing up familiar UFO stories as if we never heard of them. Those navy tictac gimbal etc videos have been very well explained, including in a video which was posted in this thread a few days ago. You may decline to watch it but here's the thing: we've watched it.

So every time you lay another tired old busted UFO story out there as a gotcha it doesn't make you look like someone who's done their research. It makes you look like another gullible mug who hasn't seen through it yet.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2022, 01:21 AM   #915
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat
 
Pixel42's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Malmesbury, UK
Posts: 15,157
Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
Because all the craft you see in the navy videos make our technology look like a McDonalds kids toy, 9k feet in less than a second, no..
People with far more relevant expertise than I possess have analysed these videos and found none that can only be explained by alien technology, as you would know if your "research" was not so severely limited by your bias.

Quote:
you really need to go investigate the nimitz encounter as you clearly haven't
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentag...l_explanations

Quote:
As of 2020, the aerial phenomena recorded from the Nimitz and Roosevelt events are characterized by the Department of Defense as "unidentified".[32][33] Widespread media attention to these events has motivated theories and speculations from private individuals and groups about the underlying explanation(s), including those focused upon pseudoscientific topics such as ufology. Regarding the pseudoscientific explanations, writer Matthew Gault stated that these events "reflect the same pattern that's played out dozens of times before. Someone sees something strange in the sky ... and the public jumps to an illogical conclusion".[3] Writing in The New York Times, author and astrophysicist Adam Frank stated that with respect to claims of "evidence of extraterrestrial technology that can defy the laws of physics", the pilot's reports and cockpit instrumentation videos "doesn't amount to much".[34]

Mundane, skeptical explanations include instrument or software malfunction, anomaly or artifact,[35][36] human observational illusion (e.g., parallax) or interpretive error,[10][37][38][39] or common aircraft (e.g., a passenger airliner) or aerial device (e.g., weather balloon). Science writer Mick West argued, "Any time something unidentified shows up in restricted airspace, then that’s a real problem", but cautioned that believers in "alien disclosure" are "encroaching on these real issues of UAPs".[40] West cautioned that "the report suggests the majority of cases, if solved, would turn out to be a variety of things like airborne clutter or natural atmospheric phenomenon. A lack of data does not mean aliens are the likely answer".[41][32][33][3]
Colour me unimpressed.
__________________
"If you trust in yourself ... and believe in your dreams ... and follow your star ... you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things" - Terry Pratchett
Pixel42 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2022, 01:57 AM   #916
Darat
Lackey
Administrator
 
Darat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: South East, UK
Posts: 106,884
Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
So get back to us when you figure it out then...
What am I meant to be figuring out? I thought it was your claim and your evidence?
__________________
I wish I knew how to quit you
Darat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2022, 02:15 AM   #917
Darat
Lackey
Administrator
 
Darat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: South East, UK
Posts: 106,884
Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
You admit alien life exists but you can only apply human technology to their advanced race? Why they have technology you can not imagine same way you have technology in your pocket someone from 1400 would never be able to imagine

You have the same attitude as someone from the middle ages as well , time to enlighten yourself
The only one I can see in this thread doing that is yourself e.g. "...My theory based on other peoples reports is that they are silent unless close up within a few meters, it's an ion propulsion system people claim they hang around fresh water sources collecting hydrogen..."

A million years more advanced and they are still using ion drives....
__________________
I wish I knew how to quit you
Darat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2022, 02:43 AM   #918
Darat
Lackey
Administrator
 
Darat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: South East, UK
Posts: 106,884
Originally Posted by stanfr View Post
Don't be so sure of yourself. It has been interesting to watch the evolution of UFO sightings, from the flash gordon saucers of the 50s and 60s to todays much less entertaining phenomena of lens flare and camera artifacts. Using the Bigfoot analogy again, after cell phone cameras became ubiquitous, Bigfoot proponents swore it would be a matter of months...which dragged to years...which dragged to decades before clear convincing foorage of the Squatch would appear. Never happened of course, because Bigfoot is imaginary. So re alien spacecraft visiting earth, as evidenced by the total lack of clear footage. Instead, we get increasingly vague and meaningless stuff like navy videos of planes and mundane lights in one's neighborhood which baffle the gullible...hence ALIENS!
A common theme is that the claimants will claim the aliens are using our current cutting edge technology for example: "...My theory .....it's an ion propulsion system people claim they hang around fresh water sources collecting hydrogen".
__________________
I wish I knew how to quit you
Darat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2022, 02:47 AM   #919
Darat
Lackey
Administrator
 
Darat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: South East, UK
Posts: 106,884
Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
Guess what... I have a phone which replaces my words automatically until you add it

The large Hadron collider has already been superseded by a larger collider, I wonder why... to discover new fundamental building blocks in that one day we can manipulate the world around us on a quantum level leading to who knows what...

If you are getting excited over spelling mistakes it means you ran out of ways to ridicule me so this is your only way it also means you can't prove me wrong either...
When and who? I've not read nor heard anything about this. How has this been kept so secret and how did you find out about it?
__________________
I wish I knew how to quit you
Darat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2022, 02:50 AM   #920
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored
 
Jack by the hedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 14,080
Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
You admit alien life exists but you can only apply human technology to their advanced race?
No. I apply the laws of physics to their advanced race.

You on the other hand declare they use fusion reactors and ion drives. Do they use iPod Shuffles too? In due course you'll sound as quaint as having Flash Gordon stoke the atomic furnaces, or Cole Porter have lovers compare each other to miracle stuff such as cellophane.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:13 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.