ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Brilliant Light Power , free energy , Randell Mills

Old 21st September 2020, 09:45 AM   #881
Red Baron Farms
Philosopher

Originally Posted by SriV View Post
As per their latest reports, Brilliant light power have made significant progress.

I was lookin forward to any comments on that here .
Significant progress? I thought he already had working prototypes? This time the working prototypes actually work? Or this time the working prototypes actually exist? Or this time....... What exactly? We have one being manufactured for consumer use?

"Permaculture is a philosophy of working with, rather than against nature; of protracted & thoughtful observation rather than protracted & thoughtless labour; & of looking at plants & animals in all their functions, rather than treating any area as a single-product system." Bill Mollison
Biome Carbon Cycle Management
Red Baron Farms is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st September 2020, 02:48 PM   #882
Hans
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Red Baron Farms View Post
Significant progress? I thought he already had working prototypes? This time the working prototypes actually work? Or this time the working prototypes actually exist? Or this time....... What exactly? We have one being manufactured for consumer use?

They have made significant progress in not actually doing anything - I know I'm impressed. I've kinda lost track - where are they in their standard swindle and cheat investors business cycle? I thought it would be in the 'lay low' portion before any rendition of announcing a bunch of fake contracts, a new break thru and zillions to come!!!!!!
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st September 2020, 04:03 PM   #883
The Moog
Critical Thinker

How long have they been running this now?
Must be at least 30 years....
The Moog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st September 2020, 09:20 PM   #884
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by SriV View Post
As per their latest reports, Brilliant light power have made significant progress.

I was lookin forward to any comments on that here .
It is basically impossible for Brilliant light power to make any progress because this is Randal Mill's fantasy of "hydinos". They have been failing to make progress for almost 30 years now. Brilliant Light Power was originally founded in 1991.

It is certainly impossible to comment on reports that you do not cite !
The BLP reports we have seen lie. BLP have never isolated Mill's hydrino fantasy. BLP have never detected hydrinos. They have results they (mostly unqualified BLP employees) cannot explain and imagine this is that fantasy. We see that BLP are getting better and better at blowing up their apparatus! Mills published in the Chinese Journal of Physics in 2018 - this is a sign that his papers are rejected by American journals.

Randell L. Mills, M.D. is a dairy farmer's son who purports to have invented "the new fire" by debunking quantum mechanics.... Mills actually has a medical degree which makes his ignorance or lies about physics and fantasy of having a "Grand Unified Theory of Classical Physics" worse.
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd September 2020, 01:08 AM   #885
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

They have new videos on YouTube, looks like they are managing to boil water....
Old 22nd September 2020, 02:18 AM   #886
Lukraak_Sisser
Illuminator

Now to engineer a way to covert that to power.
I guess they'll need another 10 years and 10 million dollar a year?
Lukraak_Sisser is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd September 2020, 03:32 AM   #887
RedStapler

Can they even "afford" to sell/roll out a device? How long would it take until the first skeptic measures the input and output power, revealing that it is in fact not several MW?
RedStapler is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd September 2020, 03:16 PM   #888
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
Bad news, the kettle has already been invented.....
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd September 2020, 04:33 PM   #889
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Moog View Post
How long have they been running this now?
Must be at least 30 years....
Yup. 30 years of nothing. Funny that.

One might think that someone might have said "wait just a minute" but NO. It appears that there are credules for any load of bunk.

It is an odd result of human nature.

Go figure.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd September 2020, 03:53 AM   #890
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Yup. 30 years of nothing. Funny that.

One might think that someone might have said "wait just a minute" but NO. It appears that there are credules for any load of bunk.

It is an odd result of human nature.

Go figure.
Thirty years to get to boiling water?
It only took 66 years to go from the first powered flight to landing on the Moon...
Old 23rd September 2020, 07:18 AM   #891
Red Baron Farms
Philosopher

Too be fair, if there is any actual unknown effect that somehow produces more energy than the outside inputs, the easiest way to harness that extra energy would be steam.....

We all know of course hydrinos wouldn't be the source, since hydrinos have never been shown to exist or even be possible to exist.....

But if there were any energy being released, this would be the way to both show it and harness it.....

The most interesting part for me about this new round of the scam is he no longer discusses his so called catalysts. In the past it was fairly easy to show the most likely source of any extra heat being produced by the system was some sort of release of potential/chemical energy produced by burning catalysts and/or metal parts to the reactor itself.

Now he is reverted to the "black box" trick used by many illusionists. You don't get to see the inside to figure out what's going on. All we have is the assurance of a known scammer that yes indeed power in excess of burning hydrogen is being produced. Not very productive and completely impossible to verify.
"Permaculture is a philosophy of working with, rather than against nature; of protracted & thoughtful observation rather than protracted & thoughtless labour; & of looking at plants & animals in all their functions, rather than treating any area as a single-product system." Bill Mollison
Red Baron Farms is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd September 2020, 08:39 AM   #892
Mike!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
Too be fair, if there is any actual unknown effect that somehow produces more energy than the outside inputs, the easiest way to harness that extra energy would be steam.....

We all know of course hydrinos wouldn't be the source, since hydrinos have never been shown to exist or even be possible to exist.....

But if there were any energy being released, this would be the way to both show it and harness it.....

The most interesting part for me about this new round of the scam is he no longer discusses his so called catalysts. In the past it was fairly easy to show the most likely source of any extra heat being produced by the system was some sort of release of potential/chemical energy produced by burning catalysts and/or metal parts to the reactor itself.

Now he is reverted to the "black box" trick used by many illusionists. You don't get to see the inside to figure out what's going on. All we have is the assurance of a known scammer that yes indeed power in excess of burning hydrogen is being produced. Not very productive and completely impossible to verify.
Harness the power of Steam???
What sort of witchcraft is that?
Old 23rd September 2020, 12:02 PM   #893
Spektator
Watching . . . always watching.

Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
Harness the power of Steam???
What sort of witchcraft is that?
Why, this so-called "steam power" could make gasoline enginators obsolete!
Spektator is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2020, 03:44 AM   #894
malbui
Beauf

I do wish they'd hurry up and release their portable models. When I get one I'll wire it into my Tesla and never have to stop for a recharge again. BLP will make hundreds of millions from people like me.

(I will of course have to stop for frequent toilet and coffee breaks, much like today).
Old 24th September 2020, 06:28 AM   #895
jsfisher
ETcorngods survivor

Originally Posted by malbui View Post
(I will of course have to stop for frequent toilet and coffee breaks, much like today).
That latter problem is easily addressed by tapping into the heated water supply coming from the generator. The former, however, will need a new seating option not currently available from Tesla.

"He's the greatest mod that never was!" -- Monketey Ghost
jsfisher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2020, 06:33 AM   #896
Mike!

Originally Posted by jsfisher View Post
That latter problem is easily addressed by tapping into the heated water supply coming from the generator. The former, however, will need a new seating option surprisingly not currently already available from Tesla.
FTFY
Old 24th September 2020, 08:09 AM   #897
jsfisher
ETcorngods survivor

Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
FTFY
Good point!!

"He's the greatest mod that never was!" -- Monketey Ghost
jsfisher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2020, 02:18 PM   #898
HappySkeptic99
Scholar

Yes, the "black box" scam. Except he doesn't even do it well. They claim to have run these reactors for 24 hours.

* Publish the electrical energy used with error bars and method of measurement.
* Publish the exact gas composition, average flow rate, and total mass of gas used.
* Publish any extra magical ingredients used, and whether they were consumed.
* Publish the heat generated and how you know
* Give your reactor, minus the consumables and measurement equipment to a skeptical independent third party, and have them connect and measure the consumables based on published specs, and measure the output energy.

There, done. I bet they would argue that this isn't necessary, because they've already proved it. Except they haven't!

If their reactor worked, it would be trivial to prove. That would bring in hundreds of millions of dollars in investment. Why is he almost out of money, with investors who desperately want to be able to sell their shares in a secondary market?

Last edited by HappySkeptic99; 24th September 2020 at 02:20 PM.
HappySkeptic99 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2020, 02:32 PM   #899
CORed
Philosopher

No doubt they will figure out how to run a steam engine or turbine in another 20 years or so.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2020, 07:34 PM   #900
Mike!

Originally Posted by CORed View Post
No doubt they will figure out how to run a steam engine or turbine in another 20 years or so.
That'd be to direct.
They'll have to find a way to convert the steam energy into mechanical force in some completely revolutionarily unfathomable new method that has yet to be imagined. Only then can they move forward.
Old 24th September 2020, 08:42 PM   #901
Pope130
Illuminator

I understand that there has been some interesting work done in Cornwall on practical uses for steam.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 89143ab19b9c33dab9b6053110b48d6d.jpg (104.2 KB, 8 views)
Pope130 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th September 2020, 01:04 AM   #902
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by Pope130 View Post
I understand that there has been some interesting work done in Cornwall on practical uses for steam.
Maybe so, but it took Geordies to make it work properly. Maybe Mills doesn't have anyone from Newcastle working for him.

Dave

- Myriad
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th September 2020, 10:18 AM   #903
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

I just like to boil enough water to make a cup of tea.
Old 1st October 2020, 05:00 AM   #904
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

New video with a sciencie narration!

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

One question - what is an "internal field test". In my mind the "internal" precludes the "field"?
Old 1st October 2020, 05:54 AM   #905
jrhowell
Muse

Looks just like a big pot of boiling water. Wonderful, but it would be even more impressive if they would toss some noodles in. (Pasta fortified with HYDRINOS!)
jrhowell is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2020, 11:14 AM   #906
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by jrhowell View Post
Looks just like a big pot of boiling water. Wonderful, but it would be even more impressive if they would toss some noodles in. (Pasta fortified with HYDRINOS!)

My god man, do you want the entire world to be destroyed by Spaghettification? Madness!
Old 1st October 2020, 12:09 PM   #907
hecd2
Muse

Hydrinos are 200 times more stable than water? What does that even mean?
hecd2 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2020, 01:03 PM   #908
marting
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by hecd2 View Post
Good question.

And what do they do with the ultrastable hydrino that's produced?

Seems to me an easy verification would be to simply send this "hydrino" byproduct to outside labs for verification. 250kw for 100 hours is 90*10^9 Joules. Should be a fair amount of hydrino produced.
Old 1st October 2020, 01:55 PM   #909
jrhowell
Muse

Originally Posted by hecd2 View Post
It means that they are great for long term storage: shelf stable dehydrated water!
jrhowell is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2020, 02:12 PM   #910
HappySkeptic99
Scholar

One question - what is an "internal field test". In my mind the "internal" precludes the "field"?
I presume it means a pre-test in-house of the field test they intend to do at the site of an interested party.

Are they going on a road show, where people get to witness hot water, but have no ability to do their own investigations?

There is no way they will give one of these cells to an independent party for validation. Instead, I bet they will shut the whole thing down, and have to re-engineer an even bigger cell, or a better cell, or one that runs longer. Perhaps the new one will come in a range of colors?
HappySkeptic99 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2020, 03:09 PM   #911
Red Baron Farms
Philosopher

Originally Posted by marting View Post
Good question.

And what do they do with the ultrastable hydrino that's produced?

Seems to me an easy verification would be to simply send this "hydrino" byproduct to outside labs for verification. 250kw for 100 hours is 90*10^9 Joules. Should be a fair amount of hydrino produced.
They were going to do that, but accidently served it for dinner along with garlic bread.
Old 2nd October 2020, 06:00 PM   #912
SezMe
post-pre-born

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

"internal field test = inside job
SezMe is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 04:31 AM   #913
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

They now have several kettles boiling water!

https://youtu.be/rp6SasuanXQ

https://youtu.be/ovGIoShmXk8

https://youtu.be/oVYuOzAHcA4

https://youtu.be/FSoEAjgfM5Q
Old Yesterday, 08:52 AM   #914
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster

Hydrino-tea anyone?

I for one, look forward to my hydrino powered tea pot/coffee maker that still requires electricity and is the size of a washing machine.
Old Yesterday, 09:02 AM   #915
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by The Man View Post
Hydrino-tea anyone?

I for one, look forward to my hydrino powered tea pot/coffee maker that still requires electricity and is the size of a washing machine.
And needs molten metal!
Old Yesterday, 11:35 AM   #916
Mike!

Why do all these videos look like they were shot in Uncle Bob's disorganized untidy garage?
There's virtually nothing in them that looks anything like millions of dollars and decades of research whatsoever.
Seriously, Mills, clean and degrease the place and toss a coat of paint on at least.
If your lab was a restaurant the health department would close it down in a heartbeat.

Last edited by Mike!; Yesterday at 11:37 AM.
Mike! is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 08:02 PM   #917
SezMe
post-pre-born

Aren't you supposed to throw the pasta in when the pot comes to a full boil?
SezMe is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 06:38 AM   #918
Red Baron Farms
Philosopher

There is nothing wrong with boiling water. They should have done that 20 years ago. But what I want to see is the inputs vs the output. Those mysterious tubes could be injecting anything. We can do that and boil water in a multitude of ways.

The real way to debunk or confirm what is happening would not be the boiling of water, but in allowing an independent team to confirm the reaction actually produces more energy than it took to make the reaction happen.

They have not even tried to do that. Or if they tried, they certainly did not show it, or allow a proper confirmation. This means if they tried, they probably failed and are covering it up.

The only ones they showed long ago were certainly fail, just burning up the metal equipment.
Old Today, 07:25 AM   #919
Myriad
Hyperthetical

There is nothing wrong with boiling water. They should have done that 20 years ago. But what I want to see is the inputs vs the output. Those mysterious tubes could be injecting anything. We can do that and boil water in a multitude of ways.

The real way to debunk or confirm what is happening would not be the boiling of water, but in allowing an independent team to confirm the reaction actually produces more energy than it took to make the reaction happen.

They have not even tried to do that. Or if they tried, they certainly did not show it, or allow a proper confirmation. This means if they tried, they probably failed and are covering it up.

The only ones they showed long ago were certainly fail, just burning up the metal equipment.

If the purpose of the water is to moderate the reactor temperature (and/or to perform calorimetry), rather than to provide steam power, you really don't want it boiling. Cool the water better, increase the flow, and if necessary pressurize the system.

On the other hand, if all you want is to make it look energetic and mad-science-y, boil that sucka!
Old Today, 07:29 AM   #920
The Moog
Critical Thinker

They will never allow an independent team to do that.
So this will keep on going.
The Moog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology