IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags AFA , bryan fischer , Don't Ask Don't Tell , gays in the military , Nazi comparisons

Old 27th May 2010, 11:18 AM   #1
ravdin
Illuminator

Gays should be banned from the military because Hitler was a homosexual!

Bryan Fischer of the American Family Association explains that Hitler and the SS were all homosexuals, and that straight Germans were too virtuous to follow his orders:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Believe what you're told. There would be chaos if everyone thought for themselves. -Top Dog slogan
ravdin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th May 2010, 11:21 AM   #2
Mark6
Philosopher

Originally Posted by ravdin View Post
Bryan Fischer of the American Family Association explains that Hitler and the SS were all homosexuals, and that straight Germans were too virtuous to follow his orders
Considering how few Germans refused to follow Hitler's orders, is Germany new Greece?

And if you take it at face value -- for all their brutality, SS were very effective soldiers. If anything, this is an argument FOR gays in the military.

This is too stupid for words.
Old 27th May 2010, 12:07 PM   #3
sadhatter
Philosopher

Bryan Fischer of the American Family Association explains that Hitler and the SS were all homosexuals, and that straight Germans were too virtuous to follow his orders:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Um, how could one who believed in eugenics possible endorse, let alone fill his ranks with, homosexuals?

The simple fact that 2 men ( and for the sake of being fair 2 women) cannot breed, pretty much makes a master race of just men a self defeating concept.
sadhatter is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th May 2010, 12:13 PM   #4
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by sadhatter View Post
Um, how could one who believed in eugenics possible endorse, let alone fill his ranks with, homosexuals?

The simple fact that 2 men ( and for the sake of being fair 2 women) cannot breed, pretty much makes a master race of just men a self defeating concept.
Not at all. Given that they had so much emphasis on breeding good aryan kids, and there is nothing stopping homosexuals from "lying back and thinking of Germany and sexy sexy Karl over there". There is nothing incomparable between homosexuality and eugenics. In some ways it might be simpler as you are differentiating pair bonding relationships from reproductive ones.

Then of course there is artificial insemination. The Nazi's certainly had turkey baster technology.

Of course it was the SA not the SS that had the core of homosexual leaders. That was one of the reasons they got purged.
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th May 2010, 12:15 PM   #5
jnelso99
Graduate Poster

Bryan Fischer of the American Family Association...
Observation: Many organizations with the word "Family" in the name seem to have little to do with families, but instead just hate gays.
jnelso99 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th May 2010, 12:16 PM   #6
Mark6
Philosopher

Originally Posted by jnelso99 View Post
Observation: Many organizations with the word "Family" in the name seem to have little to do with families, but instead just hate gays.
Rather like countries with words "People", "Republic" and "Democratic" in their names...
Old 27th May 2010, 12:21 PM   #7
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by jnelso99 View Post
Of course everyone knows

family ---> ~gay
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th May 2010, 05:12 AM   #8
HansMustermann
Penultimate Amazing

So, lemme get this straight, a bunch of flaming gay guys that formed the whole leadership of the NSDAP and SS made homosexuality a major criminal offense and used any accusation of homosexuality as a reason to fire and/or kill superior officers and SA leaders? Well, I guess looking at some of the fundie preachers in the USA, it would even make sense

But then I propose to also only allow certified alcoholics in the army, because Hitler was a teetotaller too. Plus Osama and the whole gang of islamist terrorists are against alcohol too. You don't want to give a gun to someone like _that_.
HansMustermann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th May 2010, 05:17 AM   #9
DC
Banned

Originally Posted by HansMustermann View Post
So, lemme get this straight, a bunch of flaming gay guys that formed the whole leadership of the NSDAP and SS made homosexuality a major criminal offense and used any accusation of homosexuality as a reason to fire and/or kill superior officers and SA leaders? Well, I guess looking at some of the fundie preachers in the USA, it would even make sense

But then I propose to also only allow certified alcoholics in the army, because Hitler was a teetotaller too. Plus Osama and the whole gang of islamist terrorists are against alcohol too. You don't want to give a gun to someone like _that_.
well i mean, after all, they folowed a black haired brown eyed austrian that preached something about real arians with blond hair and blue eyes......
DC is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th May 2010, 05:56 AM   #10
Moss

I think Maria ReiterWP would be a bit amused by the "Hitler was gay" angle. Or his concubine/wife Eva...
And then there is the purge of the SA during the Night of the Long Knifes.
All pretty good arguments that when people get even simple things wrong you may want to stop listening to them.
Moss is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th May 2010, 06:38 AM   #11
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

I AGREE
Well then, ...

I would have to say that Bryan Fischer is incredibly stupid or an incredible liar or both incredibly stupid and an incredible liar.

In any case, his statements are without merit.

On 15 FEB 2019 'BobTheCoward' said: "I constantly assert I am a fool."

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th May 2010, 06:56 AM   #12
Tailgater
Illuminator

Originally Posted by sadhatter View Post

Didn't you know cloning is a gay conspiracy?
Tailgater is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th May 2010, 07:17 AM   #13
Ryokan
Insert something funny here

Originally Posted by Mark6 View Post
Rather like countries with words "People", "Republic" and "Democratic" in their names...
Like the French Republic?
Ryokan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th May 2010, 08:32 AM   #14
Mark6
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Ryokan View Post
Like the French Republic?
I admit that "Republic" is sometimes used un-ironically. The other two, never.
Old 29th May 2010, 07:20 AM   #15
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

Originally Posted by Mark6 View Post
I admit that "Republic" is sometimes used un-ironically. The other two, never.
Just once I'd like someone to go the other way, and name their country with "Tyranny" or "Dictatorship" in it.
Old 29th May 2010, 07:32 AM   #16
Dancing David
Penultimate Amazing

I AGREE
Nope his buddy Ernst Julius Röhm was gay and leader of the SA, huh I wondered what happened to him?

Quote:
The date of June 30 marked the beginning of the Night of the Long Knives. At dawn on 30 June, Hitler flew to Munich and then drove to Bad Wiessee, where he personally arrested Röhm and the other SA leaders. All were imprisoned at Stadelheim Prison in Munich. From 30 June to 2 July 1934, the entire leadership of the SA was purged, along with many other political adversaries of the Nazis.

Hitler was uneasy authorizing Röhm's execution and gave Röhm an opportunity to commit suicide. On July 2, he was visited by SS-Brigadeführer Theodor Eicke (then Kommandant of the Dachau concentration camp) and SS-Obersturmbannführer Michael Lippert, who laid a pistol on the table, told Röhm he had ten minutes to use it and left. Röhm refused and stated "If I am to be killed, let Adolf do it himself."[8] Having heard nothing in the allotted time, Eicke and Lippert returned to Röhm's cell to find him standing. Röhm had his bare chest puffed out in a gesture of defiance as they shot him.[9] He was buried in the Westfriedhof (Western Cemetery) in Munich.
Ernst RöhmWP
Never underestimate the power of the Random Number God. More of evolutionary history is His doing than people think. - Dinwar
Dancing David is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th May 2010, 02:22 PM   #17
KingMerv00
Penultimate Amazing

I AGREE
I do not have enough faces or palms to properly express my opinion of that video.
KingMerv00 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th May 2010, 02:25 PM   #18
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

Ok... the leader of one of the most effective and successful militaries in the world was gay, therefore we shouldn't let gay people be in the military?
1. He'd never do that. 2. Okay but he's not currently doing it. 3. Okay but he's not currently technically doing it. 4. Okay but everyone does it. 5. He's doing it, we can't stop him, no point in complaining about it. 6. We all knew he was going to do it which... makes it okay somehow. 7. It's perfectly fine that's he's doing it.
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th May 2010, 03:13 PM   #19
FreshHat
Why, You Little...

I cannot imagine a gay military wearing brown dress uniforms.
Old 29th May 2010, 04:16 PM   #20
Dorian Gray
Hypocrisy Detector

Well... three words: THIS IS SPARTA!
Dorian Gray is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events