ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , internet incidents , Twitter incidents

View Poll Results: Trump's "Great and Umatched Wisdom". Who wrote it?
Trump wrote it, that's really what he thinks. 67 77.01%
A suckup in the White House, making Trump happy. 10 11.49%
A troll in the White House, making Trump look foolish. 4 4.60%
Erdogan or Putin 1 1.15%
The Planet X'ers, via the probe in his rectum. 5 5.75%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12th October 2019, 04:22 AM   #81
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by eeyore1954 View Post
I am not in favor of having troops in Syria. I am not against any presence overseas but I don't like them in war zones.
I admit I do not know that much about the complicated situation there.
Please educate me on the reasons we should be in Syria if you believe we should be there. I am not against learning.
There may humanitarian reasons we should be there.
But those types of circumstances exist all over the earth.
Whatever we may think about having troops in Syria, I'm hoping we can all agree that it's spectacularly inept and foolish to make a withdraw decision on the spur of the moment without giving military leaders or our allies in Syria so much as a heads-up. Allies on the ground woke up to see US vehicles driving away, according to press reports.
Old 12th October 2019, 05:49 AM   #82
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
Send like an awful lot of folk whip know stuff
"Send like an awful lot of folk" is one way to describe a troop movement. Also, "folk whip know stuff" is the name of my retro-techno funk band.

Quote:
agree that leaving our troops in Syria was a good idea. But then they hadn't heard Erdogan's silver tongue.
I have no opinion about that.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2019, 01:55 PM   #83
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
"Send like an awful lot of folk" is one way to describe a troop movement. Also, "folk whip know stuff" is the name of my retro-techno funk band.

I have no opinion about that.
I blame my phone interface for the pile of nonsense in that sentence. I do not use the word "like" like that.

I meant it seems like a lot of folk who know stuff...

Sorry for the obvious incoherence.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2019, 01:05 AM   #84
dann
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
ETA: I voted "Troll".

Do you also think that trolls wrote that he is a "very stable genius," a "true stable genius" and an "extremely stable genius", whose "I.Q. is one of the highest"?!
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2019, 05:02 AM   #85
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Obviously we can't determine definitively if he was "trolling". But really, it's not as if it's all that different from his numerous sincere expressions about his great wisdom, from which this is a mere sampling...

Originally Posted by varwoche View Post
Do you mean to suggest that the person who...?

knows more about ISIS than the generals
knows more about courts than any human being on Earth
knows more about immigration that anyone
knows more about taxes, maybe in the history of the world
knows more about infrastructure than anybody
knows more about technology than anybody
knows more about drones than anybody
knows more about campaign finance than anybody
understands politicians better than anybody
nobody knows more about trade than him
only he alone can fix it
is an extremely stable genius

... would seriously claim to have great and unmatched wisdom? Not a chance!

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics