ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 31st January 2018, 05:40 PM   #1
Puppycow
Penultimate Amazing

The platypus is not real

It's just a fake animal made up by evolutionists. It's a beaver with prosthetics.

This YouTube video totally blows this HOAX out of the water! WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!!

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Old 31st January 2018, 05:48 PM   #2
lionking
In the Peanut Gallery

Next thing is that they will be telling us is that Drop Bears aren't real......

Great video anyway. I'm convinced.

Sir Winston Churchill
lionking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st January 2018, 06:13 PM   #3
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

And according to the rest of his video pretty much every celebrity is transgendered and most male celebrities have secretely given birth. In fact this seems to be his primary focus with a couple of weird "animals are fakes" thrown in for variety. (Zebras are painted horses, toucans aren't real, Marlins are fake and Hemingway was a transgender, hey a twofer)

So he's either a conspiracy theoriest or a Tumblr Fanfic writer.

Last edited by JoeMorgue; 31st January 2018 at 06:14 PM.
JoeMorgue is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st January 2018, 06:15 PM   #4
Hans
Philosopher

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
And according to the rest of his video pretty much every celebrity is transgendered and most male celebrities have secretely given birth. In fact this seems to be his primary focus with a couple of weird "animals are fakes" thrown in for variety.

So he's either a conspiracy theoriest or a Tumblr Fanfic writer.
He has a number of thoroughly stupid videos up- pretty much everything is fake according to this fellow.
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st January 2018, 06:33 PM   #5
ddt
Mafia Penguin

Originally Posted by Hans View Post
He has a number of thoroughly stupid videos up- pretty much everything is fake according to this fellow.
The Youtube channel is called "Conspiracies by Hans". Do you have anything to confess?

I was disappointed in that he kept repeating the "prosthetics" a dozen or more times. After a few times I really got that message and hoped for some more insight, but it didn't materialize.
"I think it is very beautiful for the poor to accept their lot, to share it with the passion of Christ. I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people." - "Saint" Teresa, the lying thieving Albanian dwarf

"I think accuracy is important" - Vixen
ddt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st January 2018, 06:58 PM   #6
Armitage72
Master Poster

I could actually feel my brain trying to crawl out through my ear to escape that stupidity.
At one point, a platypus bumps its bill on a branch while swimming, which proves it's a prosthetic because a real platypus would know it has a bill on its face. I guess this moron never stubs his toe, since he knows he has toes on the end of his foot.
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st January 2018, 06:59 PM   #7
Apathia
Illuminator

Next up: Humans don't really exist. They're just shaved Chimps.

"Humans aren't rational creatures but rationalizing creatures."
Author Unknown
Apathia is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st January 2018, 08:11 PM   #8
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!

If anyone took that video seriously for even a second, I fear humor may be dead.
----------------------------------------------
“That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.” -Christopher Hitchens-
Nay_Sayer is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st January 2018, 08:47 PM   #9
Hans
Philosopher

Originally Posted by ddt View Post
The Youtube channel is called "Conspiracies by Hans". Do you have anything to confess?
Egads he is sullying my fine name - unless he means MRC Hans!
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st January 2018, 08:48 PM   #10
Hans
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
If anyone took that video seriously for even a second, I fear humor may be dead.
He's claims to be a creationist - listen to some of his other 'they ain't real videos', perhaps he is parodying creationists?
Old 31st January 2018, 09:02 PM   #11
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Not very original. Wasn't this the same reaction of the scientists in the 19th Century when the first carcass or skeleton was brought back to London?

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st January 2018, 09:45 PM   #12
Norman Alexander
Master Poster

*YAWN*

Not even good parody.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st January 2018, 10:17 PM   #13
smartcooky
Philosopher

Not only is this right up there with the "bananas were created by god to fit human hands" nut-bollocks, it just may actually exceed it!
As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
- Henry Louis Mencken - Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st January 2018, 10:18 PM   #14
dann
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Apathia View Post

Badly Shaved Monkey?
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st January 2018, 10:46 PM   #15
Apathia
Illuminator

Originally Posted by dann View Post
No. Hairless Sasquatch.

Author Unknown
Apathia is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st January 2018, 11:25 PM   #16
Puppycow
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by ddt View Post
Ah, the TRUTH comes out!

Is it just a coincidence that Hans was one of the first 3 people to comment on this thread? I think not!
Old 1st February 2018, 01:59 AM   #17
Hungry81
Graduate Poster

It seems we need an expert to resolve this. Someone PM Esspee
Hungry81 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st February 2018, 02:28 AM   #18
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Of course, it's well known that there are fewer species than most people think; for example, otters are just wet cats.

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st February 2018, 02:29 AM   #19
Carnivore
Salad Dodger

Wow, this shows how deep the Evil-lutionists rabbit hole goes. They were priming the pump by faking animals long before the evolution hypothesis was officially unveiled by Darwin! This is PROOF that science is a Satanic Conspiracy.
Old 1st February 2018, 04:00 AM   #20
Puppycow
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Carnivore View Post
Wow, this shows how deep the Evil-lutionists rabbit hole goes. They were priming the pump by faking animals long before the evolution hypothesis was officially unveiled by Darwin! This is PROOF that science is a Satanic Conspiracy.
Well, Wikipedia does say:

Quote:
The first scientists to examine a preserved platypus body (in 1799)[3] judged it a fake, made of several animals sewn together.[4]
See? Even scientists declared it a fake. Case closed!!!
Old 1st February 2018, 04:09 AM   #21
Porpoise of Life
Illuminator

Beavers don't exist, they're just platypuses (platypodes? platypūs?) with capibara snout prosthetics
Porpoise of Life is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st February 2018, 04:15 AM   #22
Puppycow
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Porpoise of Life View Post
Beavers don't exist, they're just platypuses (platypodes? platypūs?) with capibara snout prosthetics
Platypi
Old 1st February 2018, 04:26 AM   #23
Cheetah
Muse

Well, I knew they were fake all along.
Old 1st February 2018, 04:32 AM   #24
Dabop
Muse

Bah I know beavers are fake.
Ive seen platypuses with my own eyes, but Ive never seen any such thing as a beaver...
building wooden dams????
never seen one of them either

sounds sus to me

'When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.' George Carlin
Dabop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st February 2018, 04:39 AM   #25
rjh01
Gentleman of leisure
Tagger

If anyone wants to watch a good video about the Platypus here is one
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Old 1st February 2018, 04:51 AM   #26
The Great Zaganza
Illuminator

They are so secretive because they are working for the OWCA.
Old 1st February 2018, 05:07 AM   #27
ddt
Mafia Penguin

Originally Posted by Puppycow View Post
Platypi
According to wiki:
Quote:
The common name "platypus" is the latinisation of the Greek word πλατύπους (platupous), "flat-footed",[10] from πλατύς (platus), "broad, wide, flat"[11] and πούς (pous), "foot".
That implies the plural should be "platypodes".
"I think it is very beautiful for the poor to accept their lot, to share it with the passion of Christ. I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people." - "Saint" Teresa, the lying thieving Albanian dwarf

"I think accuracy is important" - Vixen
ddt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st February 2018, 05:12 AM   #28
Cheetah
Muse

I wonder how many people have been spiked by platypodes?
Old 1st February 2018, 05:20 AM   #29
Porpoise of Life
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Cheetah View Post
About as many as have been attacked by octopodes.
Porpoise of Life is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st February 2018, 05:33 AM   #30
Octavo
Illuminator

About as many as have been attacked by octopodes.
I haven't bitten anyone in several hours in fact.
Old 1st February 2018, 05:34 AM   #31
The Great Zaganza
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Cheetah View Post
Platypus venom is not lethal to humans, but it is excruciatingly painful.
If you doubt they exist, hug one ... usual disclaimers apply.
Old 1st February 2018, 06:20 AM   #32
Cheetah
Muse

I hear they can be hard to dislodge.
Old 1st February 2018, 08:48 AM   #33
FenerFan
Master Poster

The guy forgot to include the massive liposuction that the beavers need before adding the prothstetics. I'm not sure, but I'm guessing beavers average around 45-50 pounds and a platypus maybe 7 or 8 pounds. Beaver liposuction in the name of Evil-lution, when will the madness end. Praise Jesus!

Last edited by FenerFan; 1st February 2018 at 08:49 AM.
FenerFan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st February 2018, 09:27 AM   #34
halleyscomet
Philosopher

Originally Posted by FenerFan View Post
The guy forgot to include the massive liposuction that the beavers need before adding the prothstetics. I'm not sure, but I'm guessing beavers average around 45-50 pounds and a platypus maybe 7 or 8 pounds. Beaver liposuction in the name of Evil-lution, when will the madness end. Praise Jesus!
Nah, they just start surgeries and growth-stunting treatments on juvenile beavers.
halleyscomet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st February 2018, 09:32 AM   #35
Apathia
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
Of course, it's well known that there are fewer species than most people think; for example, otters are just wet cats.

Dave
God only made a limited number of types, then the Devil dolled them up.
(I was told this in Seventh-day Adventist Sabbath School.)

Author Unknown
Old 1st February 2018, 09:35 AM   #36
Apathia
Illuminator

Take the orangutan. That's "Orang Hutan" Jungle Person in Malay/Indonesian.
Give one a shave and you have Alex Jones.

Author Unknown
Old 1st February 2018, 09:44 AM   #37
halleyscomet
Philosopher

Take the orangutan. That's "Orang Hutan" Jungle Person in Malay/Indonesian.
Give one a shave and you have Alex Jones.
I find that assertion to be insulting to the orangutan.
halleyscomet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st February 2018, 10:12 AM   #38
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Originally Posted by rjh01 View Post
If anyone wants to watch a good video about the Platypus here is one
I AGREE
I can't be the first person to think that this video would be a good place to start:

I AGREE

Suffering is not a punishment not a fruit of sin, it is a gift of God.
He allows us to share in His suffering and to make up for the sins of the world. -Mother Teresa
Dr. Keith is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st February 2018, 10:15 AM   #39
CORed
Philosopher

Originally Posted by FenerFan View Post
Platy-puses -podes -pi are probably actually muskrats with prothstetics, rather than beavers with prothstetics. The size matches a lot closer.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st February 2018, 10:18 AM   #40
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by CORed View Post
Platy-puses -podes -pi are probably actually muskrats with prothstetics, rather than beavers with prothstetics. The size matches a lot closer.
True, but muskrats are just beavers with malnutrition.

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal