ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags catholic church , church scandals , Donald McGuire , mother teresa , sex scandals

Old 20th January 2012, 10:49 PM   #41
Paul2
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Joey McGee View Post
Fatuous, sanctimonious predator.
You have a very musical and poetic way with invective.

Aristotle, so far as I know, was the first man to proclaim explicitly that man is a rational animal. His reason for this view was one which does not now seem very impressive: it was, that some people can do sums. - Bertrand Russell
Paul2 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2012, 11:42 PM   #42
Joey McGee
Banned

Originally Posted by Paul2 View Post
You have a very musical and poetic way with invective.
Undoubtedly the finest compliment I have ever received.
Joey McGee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2012, 08:23 AM   #43
tsig
a carbon based life-form

Originally Posted by thaiboxerken View Post
That sadistic woman had many more skeletons that have come out of her closet. The RCC will simply rewrite her history/biography and exclude the bad stuff.
They spin the bad stuff good.

The suffering of her patients'? Improved their souls here and their lot in heaven.

Her lack of faith? Shows the strength of her character and commitment.

The RCC has lots of experience gold plating turds.
tsig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2012, 02:11 PM   #44
Didaktylos
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by tsig View Post
The RCC has lots of experience gold plating turds.
Actually, they don't bother to gold-plate them: it's much more cost effective to tell the sheeplefaithful that they must agree, as an act of faith, that they have been transubtaniated into solid gold.
Old 21st January 2012, 02:46 PM   #45
SezMe
post-pre-born

Originally Posted by Roadtoad View Post
That their final moments will be filled with the realization that all their machinations and cowardice accomplished nothing, save the misery of others, and that they are responsible for it.
Oh, if that were only true.
SezMe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2012, 02:53 PM   #46
Marduk
Banned

Originally Posted by Roadtoad View Post
(Why do you people hate America?)
having just checked with a quick survey the answer is that people hate America because it thinks its better than everyone else, hey turns out it has got something in common with the RCC afterall
Marduk is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2012, 03:14 PM   #47
Robrob
Philosopher

Considering the whole concept of "Saints" is based on fantasy in the first place, I wouldn't be surprised if they rewrote her story to fit some fable.
Robrob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2012, 03:26 PM   #48
Damien Evans
Up The Irons
Tagger

Originally Posted by Robrob View Post
Considering the whole concept of "Saints" is based on fantasy in the first place, I wouldn't be surprised if they rewrote her story to fit some fable.
Yes, I can just see her slaying a dragon.
i loves the little birdies they goes tweet tweet tweet hee hee i loves them they sings to each other tweet twet tweet hee hee i loves them they is so cute i love yje little birdies little birdies in the room when birfies sings ther is no gloom i lobes the little birdies they goess tweet tweet tweet hee hee hee i loves them they sings me to sleep sing me to slrrp now little birdies - The wisdom of Shemp.
Damien Evans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy