ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Allais Effect , Dark Flow , relativity , Theory of Relativity

Closed Thread
Old 10th February 2016, 05:32 PM   #361
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
The Elastic Universe

ABSTRACT

For decades, two aspects of nature have been overlooked and poorly / not understood. ..
An enormous amount of word salad and ignorance, Bjarne !
  • The discovery of the alleged Dark flow was dubious. Dark flow was ruled out by the 2013 Planck data. The only people who currently believe in it are the original discoverers.
  • If dark flow exists then it is not to do with any fantasy of "Anisotropic Dark Flow Acceleration" or the Earth.
  • A fantasy about "Relativistic Resistance against Motion" is not any aspect of science.
  • The Allais effect is not cosmology.
  • A web site with the delusion that it explains the precession of Mercury Perihelion with word salad is not science.
  • Atomic Clock Will Fly to Space Station in 2016
    Atomic clocks have already tested GR and it passed ! Having atomic clocks on the ISS will allow more precise tests.
  • A web site delusions about magnetism is not science.
  • Ignorance about Halton Arp's discredited idea is bad.
    Arp thought that quasars were ejected from foreground galaxies because he imagined correlations between some quasars and galaxies. He had no mechanism for this to be physically possible.
  • The Pioneer anomaly has been explained. What is worse is that you cannot explain it!

Last edited by Reality Check; 10th February 2016 at 05:48 PM.
Reality Check is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th February 2016, 05:34 PM   #362
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

I see, so I have anyway to modify the Lorentz equation, but so that the units of the factor is meter
Which is insanely wrong, Bjarne, because the Lorentz factor has no units !
The Lorentz factor is a number. Your imaginary "factor" is thus not the Lorentz factor.
Using a "unit" of "1 meter" is something a high school science student knows is wrong. The SI unit for length is called a meter.

I thought this error looked familiar. From The fatal flaws and basic ignorance in Bjarne's ideas in his threads (28th March 2010) there is
Quote:
Physical quantities can be arbitrarily assigned units of measurement, e.g. an equation that returns numbers (no units) can be given units of m/s^2 or coulombs or kilograms just because Bjarne wants it to return acceleration or charge or mass. He ignorantly gives the Lorentz factor - 1 (a number) the units or acceleration.
Does Bjarne know basic physics (unit-less quantities cannot be arbitrarily assigned units)
First asked 23 October 2009
So Bjarne has not learned this simple science in over 6 years!

Last edited by Reality Check; 10th February 2016 at 05:46 PM.
Reality Check is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th February 2016, 06:08 PM   #363
fuelair
Banned

Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
Which is insanely wrong, Bjarne, because the Lorentz factor has no units !
The Lorentz factor is a number. Your imaginary "factor" is thus not the Lorentz factor.
Using a "unit" of "1 meter" is something a high school science student knows is wrong. The SI unit for length is called a meter.

I thought this error looked familiar. From The fatal flaws and basic ignorance in Bjarne's ideas in his threads (28th March 2010) there is

So Bjarne has not learned this simple science in over 6 years!
This has not gone unnoticed by many here!!!!!!!!!!B is not alone in having this problem.
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th February 2016, 09:47 PM   #364
BadBoy
Graduate Poster

Besides the apparent Dunning Kruger effect getting exposed here by Bjarne, he continues to mystify me. That is to say the amount of energy and imagination that he employs does show a (high) measure of intelligence of some sort. His brain appears to be going at 1000 mph with the production of reams and reams of output that he obviously sees as being self evident and internally consistent.

When I read some scientific literature I don't understand (which is often) my brain strains and gets fogged up and stops until I slow down and find other sources to fill in my gaps of understanding. Bjarne appears to be apple to consume this type of information at least to some (superficial) level and construct a narrative in his head that satisfies his desire to understand what it all means, whether it is a correct understanding or not.

Either that or he is a complete genius and I am just way out of my depth, which is possible too.
Old 10th February 2016, 11:48 PM   #365
Bjarne
Illuminator

Originally Posted by RussDill View Post
OK. You've made up an equation. When v is 0, the equation equals 0 meters. As v approaches c, the equation approaches infinity meters. You've also inserted the physical constant 1 meter into your equation. Can you explain how you derived this physical constant? Can you explain the enormous cosmic coincidence that the value of this constant is exactly 1/299792458th the speed of light and that it matches the arbitrary value we have chosen for the meter?

Can you show any experimental data that matches this equation?

You've now multiplied seconds times meters. This produces a quantities in meter * seconds. You show the output of the equation as meters / seconds.
Here is a copy past from the first post I did.

There are several reasons to believe that the process by which kinetic energy converts to the mass/energy is a reversible process. Space must have some kind of elastic nature woven together with matter, allowing space to convert and conserve relativistic energy to reversible elastic space deformation / tension.

So the Lorentz transformation is also an expression of the tension increase of space that a fast-moving object exerts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you can see the resistance factor, which off course now is clear must have the unit meter (stupid me) MUST be proportional with the factor responsible for Energy and Mass increase, and therefore I am only allowed to make a simple modification of the exsisting Lorentz equation, which mean only inserting Meter as unit. That all I need to do.

Experiments, we have discussed already.

Let us now say that the 13 of November 2016 ESA will announce that the clock on board both Galileo 5 and 6, is both ½ microseconds off (per orbit), - according to wheat is predicted by SR. ½ year later the same is detected on-board ISS. Common is that this happen only when moving north.

Or shortly spoken, after 1½ year we know dark flow is true. We will off course have good reason to believe that a certain magnitude acceleration must be responsible. Furthermore that such acceleration must have existed in billions of year, and will continue to do so.

So now it is obviously that the Earth is trapped in constant acceleration.

HELLO everybody – will the Earth reach C (sooner or later ) ?

NO off course it will not reach C

SOMETHING must prevent the earth from reaching C

And that SOMETHING is RR

WHY?

Because EVERYBODY KNOW , ---- C – is IMPOSSIBLE for planet Earth.

So RR is necessary. Its obviously. No doubt about it.

Last edited by Bjarne; 10th February 2016 at 11:54 PM.
Bjarne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th February 2016, 12:12 AM   #366
Bjarne
Illuminator

The discovery of the alleged Dark flow was dubious. Dark flow was ruled out by the 2013 Planck data. The only people who currently believe in it are the original discoverers.

The "Dark Flow" & Existence of Other Universes --New Claims of Hard Evidence

http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog...-evidence.html

The idea that it is the pull from another universe is rubbish. NASA is forced to say and think so, because it is not allowed to speculate against mainstream.

I am free to speak.. Dark flow is a pull from our own Universe.

Last edited by Bjarne; 11th February 2016 at 12:15 AM.
Bjarne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th February 2016, 12:19 AM   #367
Bjarne
Illuminator

The Pioneer anomaly has been explained. What is worse is that you cannot explain it!.
The pioner anomaly, what could have beeen the start of a modern picture of the universe. - was sweept under the carpet

The Pioneer Anomaly: an inconvenient reality or NASA's 12 year misconception?

http://arxiv.org/abs/1307.0537

Last edited by Bjarne; 11th February 2016 at 12:20 AM.
Old 11th February 2016, 12:29 AM   #368
Bjarne
Illuminator

The Allais effect is not cosmology.
!.
It doesn’t matter what it is, - it effect cosmology, also even must people is ignorant about it

Allais effect researcher have many times detected an unknown force (significant acceleration) also towards south, - this is the SAME direction as Dark flow is heading
Again, this is against mainstream thinking and therefore not "possible"
Serious research have not been done by any country, only few and random measurements

Last edited by Bjarne; 11th February 2016 at 12:30 AM.
Old 11th February 2016, 12:49 AM   #369
Bjarne
Illuminator

Arp thought that quasars were ejected from foreground galaxies because he imagined correlations between some quasars and galaxies. He had no mechanism for this to be physically possible.
Halton was kicked out and stripped of his telescope time because he saw something in the sky that should not be there.
Arp Halton was kicked out and stripped of his telescope time because he saw something in the sky that should not be there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmotCQCxQEI

Now the mechanism to explain what Arp. Halton saw is available.

The cause of such ejection is periodic galaxy collapses (due to periods dominated by mainly aligned inclination relative to DFA).

During such periods, mass (stars etc.) is forced towards the centre of a galaxy whereby the central mass density increases significantly and therefore causes a very fast central orbit speed.

However, when either the orbit inclination of the galaxy is changing or when a part of the inner orbital mass is changing its inclinations whereby at least one of these factors becomes mainly perpendicular (relative to DFA), the centrifugal force and the already fast internal orbit speed can cause mass to be ejected from the centre . It dosent happen very often but it can.

We will have to realize that either galaxies are collapsing, or they are expending there size do to the centrifugal force. It all depends on inclination relative to DFA.

Arp. Haltons observation was rejected, because there is so called dark matter out there, and dark matter forbid such observation that Arp Halton did,. –
Therefore his OBSEVATION was WRONG.

Arp Halton was not a crackpot that would save the world from stupidity (like I am) but he just saw something that could not exist.

And the result was to kick him out down from his position, simply because he could not just ignore what he saw , like he was told to do..

This is how scientific community works. – Keep you month shut, or piss off.
Old 11th February 2016, 12:52 AM   #370
Bjarne
Illuminator

And now you will say that we do not see that galaxies are expending their size

Well take a look at beautiful Susan's video here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voq3Wfr5cho

Susan is really struggling to explain, - but fellow keep it cool, it happens periodical, because there are no dark matter

Last edited by Bjarne; 11th February 2016 at 12:56 AM.
Old 11th February 2016, 01:32 AM   #371
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by fuelair View Post
This has not gone unnoticed by many here!!!!!!!!!!B is not alone in having this problem.
Yes, the musings of Bjarne have an all too familiar ring about them. I seem to recall a couple of other posters; Farsight, Liquid Spacetime (?) who indulged in a similar brand of crank-magnetic nuttery, and who had a similar trait of being unable (or unwilling) to learn that they were wrong.
smartcooky is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th February 2016, 04:39 AM   #372
RussDill
Philosopher

Here is a copy past from the first post I did.
[i]As you can see the resistance factor, which off course now is clear must have the unit meter (stupid me) MUST be proportional with the factor responsible for Energy and Mass increase, and therefore I am only allowed to make a simple modification of the exsisting Lorentz equation, which mean only inserting Meter as unit. That all I need to do.
Again, your result is now measured in meters * seconds, not meters / seconds. Additionally, you have not inserted the Meter as a unit, you've inserted 1 Meter as a constant. In an equation describing the fundamental nature of the universe, you've inserted a value that depends on the distance around the poles from Paris, France.

And of course, you haven't shown how you have derived the equation.

Quote:
Experiments, we have discussed already.
No, you haven't shown any experimental data that matches your equations, much less shown it with proper error bars. And of course you still haven't shown any data that contradicts current theories.
And lines to code before I sleep
RussDill is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th February 2016, 05:52 AM   #373
Bjarne
Illuminator

Again, your result is now measured in meters * seconds, not meters / seconds. Additionally, you have not inserted the Meter as a unit, you've inserted 1 Meter as a constant. In an equation describing the fundamental nature of the universe, you've inserted a value that depends on the distance around the poles from Paris, France.
I have not inserted 1 meter, but only M, - Yes now the result is a (negative) distance-factor, or if you prefer a variable constant.. Time - doesn’t matter whether it is a split second, - or serval seconds can be multiplied with this distance factor. Off course this is what I wanted. I should have used little more time on that part.

And of course, you haven't shown how you have derived the equation.
The theory predicts that you can use the Lorentz factor on everything, because it is not only time that deform, everything will do so proportional, - even the ruler will also always stretch proportional with time. - Still you can ask why I think there are such resistance. We know that it requires ever more energy to maintain constant acceleration, and we know that (for example) the Earth can never reach C, - something must resist it from trying. To your other question, why is ‘c’ used in the equation? - I also many times ask myself what does ‘c’ have to do with energy (E=mc^2) I think there are no simple logic answer to that.

Quote:
No, you haven't shown any experimental data that matches your equations, much less shown it with proper error bars. And of course you still haven't shown any data that contradicts current theories.
Pioneer anomalies, flyby anomalies, galaxy dynamics, and Allais effect all are phenomena’s that all can be explained and mathematical supported based on these forces, magnitude, direction etc. There can no longer be any doubt when you shall expect anomalies, and even the magnitude is very precise define.
And I have very exactly shown that even time, is also effected, - All such deviations from expected expectations are all small pieces of evidence that will lead you to a different universe, where there are no return.

Last edited by Bjarne; 11th February 2016 at 05:54 AM.
Old 11th February 2016, 06:13 AM   #374
RussDill
Philosopher

I have not inserted 1 meter, but only M, - Yes now the result is a (negative) distance-factor, or if you prefer a variable constant.. Time - doesn’t matter whether it is a split second, - or serval seconds can be multiplied with this distance factor. Off course this is what I wanted. I should have used little more time on that part.

The theory predicts that you can use the Lorentz factor on everything, because it is not only time that deform, everything will do so proportional, - even the ruler will also always stretch proportional with time. - Still you can ask why I think there are such resistance. We know that it requires ever more energy to maintain constant acceleration, and we know that (for example) the Earth can never reach C, - something must resist it from trying. To your other question, why is ‘c’ used in the equation? - I also many times ask myself what does ‘c’ have to do with energy (E=mc^2) I think there are no simple logic answer to that.

Pioneer anomalies, flyby anomalies, galaxy dynamics, and Allais effect all are phenomena’s that all can be explained and mathematical supported based on these forces, magnitude, direction etc. There can no longer be any doubt when you shall expect anomalies, and even the magnitude is very precise define.
And I have very exactly shown that even time, is also effected, - All such deviations from expected expectations are all small pieces of evidence that will lead you to a different universe, where there are no return.
I'd like to nominate this post, as it so many misunderstandings so clearly in one place.
And lines to code before I sleep
RussDill is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th February 2016, 06:59 AM   #375
W.D.Clinger
Illuminator

(p ⋁ (q ⋀ r)) ⋀ ¬ (q ⋀ r)

Originally Posted by BadBoy View Post
Either that or he is a complete genius and I am just way out of my depth, which is possible too.
I don't know anything about you or your depth, yet I can assure you that not both of those highlighted things are true.

Last edited by W.D.Clinger; 11th February 2016 at 07:03 AM. Reason: corrected title formula, added highighting
W.D.Clinger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th February 2016, 07:39 AM   #376
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

I have not inserted 1 meter, but only M
What is "M"?

Because what you are actually apparently saying is that you have not arbitrarily inserted 1 meter, you have only arbitrarily inserted one meter.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th February 2016, 07:46 AM   #377
Slowvehicle
Membership Drive
Co-Ordinator,
Russell's Antinomy

Location: ...1888 miles from home by the shortest route without tolls...
Originally Posted by Darwin123 View Post
Thank you for this hint! I looked up the etymology of the words. German does not have two separate words for speed and velocity. However, English has two words for speed and velocity! Indeed, one English word is Saxon and the other one Latin.

So it was the fault of the translator! He should have chosen the Englsih word ‘speed’ because the Geswindekeite in the context of the article does not imply a preferred direction. Unless Einstein was his own translator…

The English word ‘speed’ comes from the old English which is basically Saxon. The word speed has a surprising cognate, which is to ‘succeed’. To hurry is to succeed.
The English word velocity comes from the Latin word for ‘swift’. It seems that the Romans used the word velocity more in the sense of mechanical motion.

So in Roman times, the rich would refer to ‘velocity’. The Roman soldier had direction because his army was well organized. They marched in formation. The poor down trodden Saxon could at best have speed. The Saxon would bravely charge on the Roman legion, every man for himself.

Here are some links to the On-Line Etymology Dictionary

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=speed
‘Old English spedan (intransitive) "to succeed, prosper, grow rich, advance," from the stem of speed (n.). Compare Old Saxon spodian, Middle Dutch spoeden "hasten," Old High German spuoton "to succeed, prosper," German sputen "make haste, hurry." Meaning "to go hastily from place to place, move rapidly" is attested from c. 1200. Transitive meaning "cause to advance toward success" is from mid-13c.; that of "send forth with quickness, give a high speed to" is first recorded 1560s; that of "to increase the work rate of" (usually with up) is from 1856. Meaning "drive an automobile too fast" is from 1908. Related: Speeded; sped; speeding.’

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=velocity
velocity (n.)
early 15c., from Latin velocitatem (nominative velocitas) "swiftness, speed," from velox (genitive velocis) "swift, speedy, rapid, quick," of uncertain origin, perhaps related to vehere "carry" (see vehicle), or from the same root as vigil.’

Note that 'vigil' denotes to look carefully. When one looks carefully, one gaze points in a specific direction. So the Latin root of 'velocity' has the implication of 'looking in a preferred direction'. The Saxon root for speed does not imply 'looking' in any direction.

I have this vision of these Celts painted black running naked at the troops of Julius Caesar, tripping over each other. Meanwhile, the Romans are lines up with spears facing the Dark Flow of Celt soldiers.

Glorious death for the Celts and a messy victory for the Romans. This is the true difference between speed and velocity!

Physics teachers should be notified. The etymology could really help in an Introductory Physics course.
I will use this this morning, with my Conceptual Physics students.

Keepin' the "E" is ISF, indeed...
Slowvehicle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th February 2016, 08:14 AM   #378
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by BadBoy View Post
Besides the apparent Dunning Kruger effect getting exposed here by Bjarne, he continues to mystify me. That is to say the amount of energy and imagination that he employs does show a (high) measure of intelligence of some sort. His brain appears to be going at 1000 mph with the production of reams and reams of output that he obviously sees as being self evident and internally consistent.
Well, Bjarne has been doing this for ten years or so, so perhaps it is not as fast as all that. He is just adding and modifying his stuff, as new ideas pop up or when he chooses to react on people pointing out gross errors (yes, this happens occasionally).

His website looks fairly fancy, but if you look closer you notice little things like pictures lifted from elsewhere, or like the row of flags at the top that seem to point to 7 or 8 language versions, but in reality there is only two, Danish and English.

Hans
Old 11th February 2016, 08:59 AM   #379
Dancing David
Penultimate Amazing

Arp Halton was kicked out and stripped of his telescope time because he saw something in the sky that should not be there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmotCQCxQEI

Now the mechanism to explain what Arp. Halton saw is available.

The cause of such ejection is periodic galaxy collapses (due to periods dominated by mainly aligned inclination relative to DFA).

During such periods, mass (stars etc.) is forced towards the centre of a galaxy whereby the central mass density increases significantly and therefore causes a very fast central orbit speed.

However, when either the orbit inclination of the galaxy is changing or when a part of the inner orbital mass is changing its inclinations whereby at least one of these factors becomes mainly perpendicular (relative to DFA), the centrifugal force and the already fast internal orbit speed can cause mass to be ejected from the centre . It dosent happen very often but it can.

We will have to realize that either galaxies are collapsing, or they are expending there size do to the centrifugal force. It all depends on inclination relative to DFA.

Arp. Haltons observation was rejected, because there is so called dark matter out there, and dark matter forbid such observation that Arp Halton did,. –
Therefore his OBSEVATION was WRONG.

Arp Halton was not a crackpot that would save the world from stupidity (like I am) but he just saw something that could not exist.

And the result was to kick him out down from his position, simply because he could not just ignore what he saw , like he was told to do..

This is how scientific community works. – Keep you month shut, or piss off.
Halton Arp is wrong because QSOs are not kicked out of interacting galaxies
Never underestimate the power of the Random Number God. More of evolutionary history is His doing than people think. - Dinwar
Dancing David is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th February 2016, 09:00 AM   #380
Dancing David
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
What is "M"?

Because what you are actually apparently saying is that you have not arbitrarily inserted 1 meter, you have only arbitrarily inserted one meter.
I would like to nominate a unit called the Moosebyte
Never underestimate the power of the Random Number God. More of evolutionary history is His doing than people think. - Dinwar
Dancing David is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th February 2016, 09:12 AM   #381
Bjarne
Illuminator

Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post
Well, Bjarne has been doing this for ten years or so, so perhaps it is not as fast as all that. He is just adding and modifying his stuff, as new ideas pop up or when he chooses to react on people pointing out gross errors (yes, this happens occasionally).

His website looks fairly fancy, but if you look closer you notice little things like pictures lifted from elsewhere, or like the row of flags at the top that seem to point to 7 or 8 language versions, but in reality there is only two, Danish and English.

Hans
Wayward Jutlanders you know, why so busy, let the scientific community caste the bullets I need to overturn their paradigm.. Take it easy, keep it cool and smoke a cigar. What does it matter if I am only a dreamer and not a mathematician? – If I wanted to be a mathematician I could, but it borrows me, so why waste time on it.

It is naturally to come to at least some wrong conclusion, as well as correct such. Many years ago I try to tell you that the right brain need the left to calculate, but the left need to right to test if the calculation is real in the real world.
One day you will understand how small my mistakes are compared to the naive idea that blindfolded the whole world to believe in dark matter and waste billion of $ £ / € on such castles in the thin air.

You know a wise man once said …
“I believe in intuition and inspiration. … At times I feel certain I am right while not knowing the reason. When the eclipse of 1919 confirmed my intuition, I was not in the least surprised. In fact, I would have been astonished had it turned out otherwise. Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution. It is, strictly speaking, a real factor in scientific research.”

Sometimes it is the right brain half that take you out of the darkness, - not always the left, - but yes yes, sometime the right brain only produces castles in the thin air, - but sometimes it hit the nail on its head.

You will see

Last edited by Bjarne; 11th February 2016 at 09:18 AM.
Old 11th February 2016, 09:52 AM   #382
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Dancing David View Post
Halton Arp is wrong because QSOs are not kicked out of interacting galaxies
From the Wikipedia article on Arp:

Quote:
Arp originally proposed his theories in the 1960s; telescopes and astronomical instrumentation have advanced greatly since then: the Hubble Space Telescope was launched, multiple 8-10 meter telescopes (such as those at Keck Observatory and the Very Large Telescope) have become operational, and detectors such as CCDs are now more widely employed.

. . .

As more recent experiments have expanded the amount of collected data by orders of magnitude, it has become increasingly simple to test Arp's postulates directly. A recent study stated that:

"... the publicly available data from the Sloan Digital Sky Survey and 2dF QSO redshift survey to test the hypothesis that QSOs are ejected from active galaxies with periodic noncosmological redshifts. For two different intrinsic redshift models, [...] and find there is no evidence for a periodicity at the predicted frequency in log(1+z), or at any other frequency."
Old 11th February 2016, 10:00 AM   #383
Daylightstar
Philosopher

... I need to overturn their paradigm.. ...
But you can't.

... – If I wanted to be a mathematician I could, ...
Sounds extremely implausible.

Sometimes it is the right brain half that take you out of the darkness, - not always the left, - but yes yes, sometime the right brain only produces castles in the thin air, - but sometimes it hit the nail on its head.
Oh right, so you're basing your position on a myth. Why is that not surprising?

You will see
No, we won't.
Old 11th February 2016, 10:03 AM   #384
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

So, how does the discovery of gravitational waves leave Bjarne's little thought-experiment?
"The Conservatives want to keep wogs out and march boldly back to the 1950s when Britain still had an Empire and blacks, women, poofs and Irish knew their place." The Don That's what we've sunk to here.
MikeG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th February 2016, 10:05 AM   #385
Daylightstar
Philosopher

He'll just create a new thought to attempt to overcome that.
Old 11th February 2016, 11:36 AM   #386
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by MikeG View Post
So, how does the discovery of gravitational waves leave Bjarne's little thought-experiment?
Out of the running for the next Nobel Prize, sadly.

Dave

- Myriad
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th February 2016, 12:37 PM   #387
Bjarne
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
Out of the running for the next Nobel Prize, sadly.

Dave
I think you did not read this post

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...&postcount=331

I or my theory have no problem with gravitational waves, excpet it took a very long time directly to detect such

Last edited by Bjarne; 11th February 2016 at 12:47 PM.
Old 11th February 2016, 12:59 PM   #388
tsig
a carbon based life-form

Define exploan please...............
That's when you explicate a koan.
tsig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th February 2016, 01:00 PM   #389
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

.........I or my theory have no problem with gravitational waves, excpet it took a very long time directly to detect such
What difference does this make?
"The Conservatives want to keep wogs out and march boldly back to the 1950s when Britain still had an Empire and blacks, women, poofs and Irish knew their place." The Don That's what we've sunk to here.
MikeG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th February 2016, 01:04 PM   #390
tsig
a carbon based life-form

I see, so I have anyway to modify the Lorentz equation, but so that the units of the factor is meter
1 meter/√(1 – v²/c²)-1meter

The force is acting against any direction, but it can only be understood in an absolute motion reference frame. Which mean if the object moves opposite, - for example opposite the dark flow direction, the resistance against motion is reduced..

What if the object moves sideways? Do we then have to multiply by sin900 or possibly cosec 900? In short does the dangle change with the amount of angle or is it proportional to the temp?
tsig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th February 2016, 01:06 PM   #391
tsig
a carbon based life-form

Originally Posted by rwguinn View Post
As long as you remember that 550mph + 115 foot wing span = 665 foot diameter fireball, you'll be okay...
If you take gallons/parsec divided by eye squared you will be all wet.
Old 11th February 2016, 01:12 PM   #392
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

I or my theory have no problem with gravitational waves, excpet it took a very long time directly to detect such
You misunderstand. I think it's pretty much a given that the LIGO team will win the next Nobel Prize in physics. You may have to wait another year.

Dave

- Myriad
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th February 2016, 01:13 PM   #393
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Wayward Jutlanders you know, why so busy, let the scientific community caste the bullets I need to overturn their paradigm.. Take it easy, keep it cool and smoke a cigar. What does it matter if I am only a dreamer and not a mathematician? – If I wanted to be a mathematician I could, but it borrows me, so why waste time on it.
Right. I think you should start with a course in English first.

Quote:
It is naturally to come to at least some wrong conclusion, as well as correct such. Many years ago I try to tell you that the right brain need the left to calculate, but the left need to right to test if the calculation is real in the real world.
So brain theory is another area you know little about.

Quote:
One day you will understand how small my mistakes are compared to the naive idea that blindfolded the whole world to believe in dark matter and waste billion of $ £ / € on such castles in the thin air.
Well, to be sure, your mistakes will have no perceptible impact on the world.

Quote:
You will see
The big question is: Will YOU see ... anything at all?

Hans
Old 11th February 2016, 01:40 PM   #394
Aepervius
Non credunt, semper verificare

It has probably already been posted here...

But http://www.economist.com/news/scienc...predicted-them certainly make GR stronger than the op will wish for
Aepervius is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th February 2016, 02:05 PM   #395
Garrison
Illuminator

You post a thread claiming relativity will fall apart in 2016/2017, practically the first thing that happens in 2016 is a major observational confirmation of GR. I think that rather says all we need to know about your views.
Garrison is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th February 2016, 02:19 PM   #396
Dancing David
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Gord_in_Toronto View Post
From the Wikipedia article on Arp:
Thanks, this was a very long series of thread here.
Old 11th February 2016, 02:25 PM   #397
fuelair
Banned

Today, the doubters are free to eat the thing they most dislike!!!!!
Einstein and actual science wins again!!!!We have gravity waves!!!!!!!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th February 2016, 02:27 PM   #398
fuelair
Banned

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
You misunderstand. I think it's pretty much a given that the LIGO team will win the next Nobel Prize in physics. You may have to wait another year until after the death of the universe!!!!!.

Dave
FTFY
Old 11th February 2016, 02:31 PM   #399
fuelair
Banned

Today, the doubters are free to eat the thing they most dislike!!!!!
Einstein and actual science wins again!!!!We have gravity waves!!!!!!!!!
Oh, yes, just as whoever it was - oh, that Einstein guy y'all keep trying to kick around- predicted from his maths that you have not the slightest bit of comprehension of.
Old 11th February 2016, 02:40 PM   #400
fuelair
Banned

I'd like to nominate this post, as it so many misunderstandings so clearly in one place.
In all fairness, having read what you are responding to here, I do believe that something has been inserted and I have a pretty good idea where!!!
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology