ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags part 2 , loose change , 911 conspiracy theory

Closed Thread
Old 15th June 2006, 09:54 PM   #2961
NobbyNobbs
Gazerbeam's Protege

This is a bit off-topic, but it's such a momentous occasion, I just had to mention it. It seems that one of the moon-hoaxers may be changing his mind. Check out what DarqueMatters has to say....

http://s15.invisionfree.com/Loose_Ch...&#entry5357976
NobbyNobbs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th June 2006, 10:09 PM   #2962
Regnad Kcin
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Mr. Skinny View Post
I predict it'll never be done, since Zakur isn't a moderator.

Do I win the million?
Yikes! I actually messaged Darat about the issue of starting a Pt. 3 to this topic. Where I came up with Zakur I don't know.
Old 15th June 2006, 10:10 PM   #2963
Palimpsest
Ergaster Homo

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
Here's a video of Looser Chuck Sheen and Crazy Lily in action, sabotaging computers at an electronics store by hijacking the browsers so they direct people to a 9-11 movie that he installs on the computer with a jump drive. You can get a good view of Chuck himself at about 8:15 of the film; he looks a little like Bill Buckner.
Wow, what monumental losers. "Operation Bringing Down a Dictator"? Pardon me while I click on the eye-roll smiley

Although I did get a giggle out of the movie's description.

Quote:
It's time ladies and gentlemen to get out in pubic, and start telling everyone about what really happen on 911.
Hee hee. Yes, I'm twelve, why do you ask?
Palimpsest is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th June 2006, 01:14 AM   #2964
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger

Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
Hehehe.

Originally Posted by chipmunk stew
I notice DJLegacy has been stripped of his power.
Anyone know why yet? (I'm banned from this pc.)

Originally Posted by Arkan_Wolfshade
It's pretty clear that the LC forumites view the entire JREF forum as being the General Skepticism and The Paranormal subforum. They either do not look at, or even recognize: Science and Mathematics; Religion and Philosophy; Politics; Education and Literature; Computers and the Internet; or any of the casual/entertainment subforums.
I notice chucksheen made an appearance in the Humour forum the other day (boosting his post count to 6), although he was not up to his usual standard.
Old 16th June 2006, 01:26 AM   #2965
Johnny Pixels
Graduate Poster

I've just found these links that may be of use to some people. They're to do with heat straightening (a process I've only just found out about). The basic idea is, you've got a damaged piece of steel like a bridge or a support column, you heat it up, and you straighten it. So by my logic, you heat piece of steel up in the WTC, have a couple of thousand tons of concrete weighing down on it, and it unstraightens. Maximum recommended temperature for this process? 650o C

A company that does it http://www.steelstraightening.com/

A manual for the process .pdf manual

The recommended temps are on page 27 of the manual (page 49 of the .pdf)
Johnny Pixels is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th June 2006, 02:46 AM   #2966
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Originally Posted by Johnny Pixels View Post
I've just found these links that may be of use to some people. They're to do with heat straightening (a process I've only just found out about). The basic idea is, you've got a damaged piece of steel like a bridge or a support column, you heat it up, and you straighten it. So by my logic, you heat piece of steel up in the WTC, have a couple of thousand tons of concrete weighing down on it, and it unstraightens. Maximum recommended temperature for this process? 650o C

A company that does it http://www.steelstraightening.com/

A manual for the process .pdf manual

The recommended temps are on page 27 of the manual (page 49 of the .pdf)
Very interesting. Now if we can figure out how to apply that process to iron out the kinks in the Loosers' brains....

I am curious to see how long it will take for a Looser to claim that this process could have been used to straighten the WTC, if only Giuliani hadn't ordered the steel removed to China. Remember the guy who said the towers should have been reconstructed from the ruined steel?

For about a week I've been promising to have some interesting reading for you all, but just haven't had the time to finish it. I'm off work today and will definitely have it done. It's worth the wait.

edited because nothing sounds too absurd anymore.

What's the Harm?........Stop Sylvia Browne........My 9/11 links

Last edited by Gravy; 16th June 2006 at 03:44 AM.
Gravy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th June 2006, 03:13 AM   #2967
Louicifer
New Blood

Veerryyyy funny RandFan
Louicifer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th June 2006, 03:39 AM   #2968
Hawk one
Emperor of the Internet

Originally Posted by RandFan View Post
Wow, Canada has culture? They must have gotten that shortly after the electricity. What was that, 1980? Cool, well my hat's off to you guys.

This from the guy living in the only country in the world that became decadent without getting civilised first.

If only health care was like video games. Then the ones who could pay for it would get it, and the ones who couldn't would die, like nature intended for people without money. A perfect system, right? RIGHT?
Hawk one is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th June 2006, 04:56 AM   #2969
milesalpha
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by RandFan View Post
Wow, Canada has culture? They must have gotten that shortly after the electricity. What was that, 1980? Cool, well my hat's off to you guys.

Cough, perhaps I should point out how lost the US would be without us. For example, your comedy would be rather limited without Canadians. No Saturday Night Live and its various spinoffs. No Naked Gun movies. No Phil Hartman (rip), Martin Short, or Mike Myers (we'll let you keep Jim Carrey).
Then there's some of your cultural icons, say Star Trek, take Canada out and you lose Captain Kirk and Scotty. Hollywood becomes a new beast entirely since Canadians composed a large part of the original studio system. Basketball....goodbye, it would never exist (hmmm maybe that's a crime on our part, hate that game).

I mean really, without the British to steal the ideas from (everything from All in the Family to The Office), and Canadians to write original material, the US would be watching endless reruns of Laverne and Shirley.
milesalpha is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th June 2006, 05:21 AM   #2970
Hutch
A broken man on a Halifax pier, the last of Barrett's Privateers

Originally Posted by NobbyNobbs View Post
This is a bit off-topic, but it's such a momentous occasion, I just had to mention it. It seems that one of the moon-hoaxers may be changing his mind. Check out what DarqueMatters has to say....

http://s15.invisionfree.com/Loose_Ch...&#entry5357976
Hmmm, I hope so Nobby, but my guess is, like a couple of others I have seen over there, he'll find it easier to 'believe' than accept the research and evidence that requires some math and science and logic. Still, we shall see.

Just a note, I'm going to pat myself on the back a bit, I noticed that thread first and posted, but immediately went to the Bad Astronomy-Universe Today (BAUT) Forum and requested assistance. Obviousman, frenat, and now a couple more BAUT'ers have more than ably replaced me and seem to have carried the day. Just an example of cross-Forum assistance.

but now Obviousman has moved into the 9-11 forums, so I wonder how long his life-span will be...
Old 16th June 2006, 05:44 AM   #2971
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Originally Posted by Hutch View Post

but now Obviousman has moved into the 9-11 forums, so I wonder how long his life-span will be...
Link? Its hard and painful to try and search and I'd like to see how the BAUT fellas do.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th June 2006, 06:03 AM   #2972
Apollyon
Muse

Originally Posted by milesalpha View Post
Cough, perhaps I should point out how lost the US would be without us. For example, your comedy would be rather limited without Canadians. No Saturday Night Live and its various spinoffs. No Naked Gun movies. No Phil Hartman (rip), Martin Short, or Mike Myers (we'll let you keep Jim Carrey).
Then there's some of your cultural icons, say Star Trek, take Canada out and you lose Captain Kirk and Scotty. Hollywood becomes a new beast entirely since Canadians composed a large part of the original studio system. Basketball....goodbye, it would never exist (hmmm maybe that's a crime on our part, hate that game).

I mean really, without the British to steal the ideas from (everything from All in the Family to The Office), and Canadians to write original material, the US would be watching endless reruns of Laverne and Shirley.
It's a trade-off. In addition to the things you've named, Canada inflicts Bryan Adams, Celine Dion, and Nickelback on the US; Britian gives us TV shows like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire and Big Brother; and both the Canadians and Brits export all their bad drivers to Florida.
Apollyon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th June 2006, 06:22 AM   #2973
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Pknackered

Quote:
It looks like the Project for the New American Century, the neocon group that promoted the invasion of Iraq, is closing down.
Woo hoo!
(Oh, wait. Some of them just moved upstairs to AEI. That's one evil building.)

What's the Harm?........Stop Sylvia Browne........My 9/11 links
Gravy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th June 2006, 06:40 AM   #2974
brodski
Tea-Time toad

Originally Posted by Apollyon View Post
It's a trade-off. In addition to the things you've named, Canada inflicts Bryan Adams, Celine Dion, and Nickelback on the US; Britian gives us TV shows like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire and Big Brother; and both the Canadians and Brits export all their bad drivers to Florida.
Big Brother is a Dutch format- don't blame us. And whilst were on the subject of cultural exchanges, you gave us such acts Elvis, Bob Dylan and Nirvana, and we took them to our hearts. We gave you John Lennon, and you shot him.
brodski is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th June 2006, 06:41 AM   #2975
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Originally Posted by brodski View Post
Big Brother is a Dutch format- don't blame us. And whilst were on the subject of cultural exchanges, you gave us such acts Elvis, Bob Dylan and Nirvana, and we took them to our hearts. We gave you John Lennon, and you shot him.
Look, we're really sorry about that. We meant to get Yoko, but apparantly our hit man was insane.
Hellbound is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th June 2006, 06:58 AM   #2976
Hutch
A broken man on a Halifax pier, the last of Barrett's Privateers

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
Link? Its hard and painful to try and search and I'd like to see how the BAUT fellas do.
Kook, I looked but couldn't find it--I do remember seeing him post outside the Moon thread--you might PM him over at the BAUT.
Old 16th June 2006, 07:09 AM   #2977
Argumemnon
World Maker

Touché. We're useless!!
Old 16th June 2006, 07:12 AM   #2978
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Meh, I'm not that interested and am feeling lazy.

Speaking of which, where is that fiurebreathing Looser that was supposed to show up here? The one that said they'd never back down?

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th June 2006, 07:15 AM   #2979
dubfan
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
I am curious to see how long it will take for a Looser to claim that this process could have been used to straighten the WTC, if only Giuliani hadn't ordered the steel removed to China. Remember the guy who said the towers should have been reconstructed from the ruined steel?
I believe that was the famous "MIT scientist"* Jeff King.

*MIT scientist meaning, he graduated from MIT in 1974 with an unspecified degree and has been a practicing family physician for the last 25 years

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of what he was never reasoned into." -- Jonathan Swift
dubfan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th June 2006, 07:23 AM   #2980
dubfan
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
Meh, I'm not that interested and am feeling lazy.
Just happened to stumble into it:

http://s15.invisionfree.com/Loose_Ch...&#entry5334784

Quote:
Speaking of which, where is that fiurebreathing Looser that was supposed to show up here? The one that said they'd never back down?
Ah, the fair Jessica. Last I saw, she was busy trying to decide whether or not a couple of planes hit the WTC. She must've found Phil Jayhan's CGI theory and Holmgren's 5th grade anti-physics pretty compelling.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of what he was never reasoned into." -- Jonathan Swift
dubfan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th June 2006, 07:40 AM   #2981
Apollyon
Muse

Originally Posted by Huntsman View Post
Look, we're really sorry about that. We meant to get Yoko, but apparantly our hit man was insane.
It was an honest mistake. When John shaved his beard it was difficult to tell the two apart.
Apollyon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th June 2006, 07:41 AM   #2982
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Originally Posted by dubfan View Post
Ah, the fair Jessica. Last I saw, she was busy trying to decide whether or not a couple of planes hit the WTC. She must've found Phil Jayhan's CGI theory and Holmgren's 5th grade anti-physics pretty compelling.
Sounds like the Looser equivelant of shiny objects.

Old 16th June 2006, 07:44 AM   #2983
AWPrime
Master Poster

Talking

A quote from LC forum:

Quote:
Some nasty JREF Ninja Wave skeptics showed up and began asking questions and posting evidence contradictory to the prevaling wisdom.
They sound like fundies to me.
Rob Lister - "The enemy of my enemy probably tastes yummy. "

Last edited by AWPrime; 16th June 2006 at 07:47 AM.
AWPrime is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th June 2006, 07:50 AM   #2984
dubfan
Critical Thinker

I love it when the CTs get all discriminating.

"Hey, you no-planers are fools. Ha! Who would believe something as stupid as that? Now, controlled demolition on the other hand -- that's something I can really get behind."

Old 16th June 2006, 08:34 AM   #2985
dubfan
Critical Thinker

It's like eating peanuts. I just can't stop myself.

Where did all the dirt go?

Old 16th June 2006, 08:51 AM   #2986
60hzxtl
Muse

http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/9933/92sim5dn.jpg

Silly Dubfan,

They dug a hole and buried the dirt.
60hzxtl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th June 2006, 08:58 AM   #2987
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

It's a hologram, man! Look at the way it's melting into the ground! Also, notice that the emergency trucks are already there, as is the hole. And that one guy looks like George Bush, Sr!
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th June 2006, 08:59 AM   #2988
MarkyX
Master Poster

Wow, wonder what calculations they had to put that crappy photoshop up.
MarkyX is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th June 2006, 09:01 AM   #2989
Pardalis
Banned

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
It's a hologram, man! Look at the way it's melting into the ground! Also, notice that the emergency trucks are already there, as is the hole. And that one guy looks like George Bush, Sr!
They even painted a red arrow on the ground to help the pilot hit the spot!
Pardalis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th June 2006, 09:08 AM   #2990
chipmunk stew
Philosopher

All these peanuts are going to make me fat.

Originally Posted by RedPillNeo
Finding out about this stuff rocked MY world too! The more you research, the more interesting things are uncovered. The picture you come to see when you choose this path is NOT pleasant or pretty, only REAL. It is very tempting to ignore it all, and go on day to day like nothing is up. Once you have opened the "doors of perception" it is hard to slam them shut again. Personally I could NEVER go back! That's why I chose the name RedPillNeo, after that scene in The Matrix, where Neo is given a choice of a blue pill to forget everything, or a red pill to "...see how deep the rabbit hole goes." It is an Alice in Wonderland metaphor.
Keep this in mind when you see skeptics insisting we are loonies, and arguing only ridiculous theories. Their passion is really driven by NOT having to see the truth for themselves. (Let the JREF guys stew on that a bit. ) Remember this when a debate opponent gets really in your face! They are simply not ready to open their minds to such cognitive dissonance. Frankly I cannot blame them sometimes; this is not a happy happy joy joy topic, after all.
Hang in there and don't allow yourself to believe you are crazy. You can expect a wide range of emotions surrounding this knowlege; not unlike the "stages of dying" like shock, denial, grief, bargaining, and finally, acceptance. Your worldview has been killed; it takes time to work through, seriously. Peace out.

Regards,
-Neo
Oh, Lord! It just doesn't get much better than that!

edit: link--http://s15.invisionfree.com/Loose_Ch...post&p=5352517

Last edited by chipmunk stew; 16th June 2006 at 09:11 AM.
chipmunk stew is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th June 2006, 09:10 AM   #2991
dubfan
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by chipmunk stew View Post

Never in a million years would I have thought "RedPillNeo" had anything to do with the Matrix.

Huh. Learn something new every day.

ETA: I actually kind of liked RedPill. He was one of the few mods over there who seemed to be sensible and reasonably fair.

Old 16th June 2006, 09:10 AM   #2992
Pardalis
Banned

wow
Pardalis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th June 2006, 09:18 AM   #2993
Apollyon
Muse

Is the red pill Barney, Wilma, or Dino? I forget.
Old 16th June 2006, 09:19 AM   #2994
azazal
Ninja Wave: Techno Ninja

Originally Posted by chipmunk stew View Post

edit: link--http://s15.invisionfree.com/Loose_Ch...post&p=5352517
Wow!!! I know CT-Fu!!

So JREFers are closed-minded? Guess asking for real evidence and proof is a sign of being evil. I wonder how many CTers would have fit in during medieval times - "Do not think for yourself, your lord and the church will do so for you"
Old 16th June 2006, 09:21 AM   #2995
Regnad Kcin
Philosopher

Is the red pill Barney, Wilma, or Dino? I forget.
Now that's comedy!
Old 16th June 2006, 09:26 AM   #2996
Arkan_Wolfshade
Philosopher

ffs, can they do anything without distorting the facts? Per Boeing's website, the external width of the fuselage is 12 ft 4 in http://www.boeing.com/commercial/757...f_200tech.html The closer of the two trucks appears to be a Chevy/GMC Silverado/Sierra 1500, assuming 2001 model; then we have an overall length of 5225 mm (206 in) to
6325 mm (249 in) (17'2"-20'9") http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Silverado

I've done some cursory analysis via Paint.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...e/4b3a5818.jpg

Red line is the truck's overall length, blue line is fuselage width, and the yellow line is the difference of the two. Assuming the truck is the shortest model, it is 206", subtracting the fuselage width gives is 206 - 148 = 58". The yellow line fits into the red line ~7.5x. 7.5 * 58 = 435". This suggests that they have the plane magnified ~2x larger than it should be.

Those wiser than I, please check my work.

Last edited by Arkan_Wolfshade; 16th June 2006 at 09:28 AM.
Arkan_Wolfshade is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th June 2006, 09:26 AM   #2997
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Never in a million years would I have thought "RedPillNeo" had anything to do with the Matrix.
And the 'Rabbit hole' was a Alice in Wonderland reference!? Who knoo! I thought Morpheus was talking about his gardening problems back at Zion!

Old 16th June 2006, 09:30 AM   #2998
Argumemnon
World Maker

Originally Posted by RedPillNeo View Post
Finding out about this stuff rocked MY world too! The more you research, the more interesting things are uncovered. The picture you come to see when you choose this path is NOT pleasant or pretty, only REAL. It is very tempting to ignore it all, and go on day to day like nothing is up. Once you have opened the "doors of perception" it is hard to slam them shut again. Personally I could NEVER go back! That's why I chose the name RedPillNeo, after that scene in The Matrix, where Neo is given a choice of a blue pill to forget everything, or a red pill to "...see how deep the rabbit hole goes." It is an Alice in Wonderland metaphor.
Keep this in mind when you see skeptics insisting we are loonies, and arguing only ridiculous theories. Their passion is really driven by NOT having to see the truth for themselves. (Let the JREF guys stew on that a bit. ) Remember this when a debate opponent gets really in your face! They are simply not ready to open their minds to such cognitive dissonance. Frankly I cannot blame them sometimes; this is not a happy happy joy joy topic, after all.
Hang in there and don't allow yourself to believe you are crazy. You can expect a wide range of emotions surrounding this knowlege; not unlike the "stages of dying" like shock, denial, grief, bargaining, and finally, acceptance. Your worldview has been killed; it takes time to work through, seriously. Peace out.

Regards,
-Neo
Isn't that stages of grieving or something ?
Old 16th June 2006, 09:30 AM   #2999
Kiwiwriter
Graduate Poster

Smile Canadian culture

Originally Posted by milesalpha View Post

I have collected Canadian postage stamps for the past 33 years, so I know enough about Canadian culture to be dangerous. There's plenty, like humorist Stephen Leacock, writers Lucy Maud Montgomery, Mordecai Richler, Barry Broadfoot, and Pierre Berton, to name a few. The latter, a top historian, had an impact on my writing style for my web page. His two books on the War of 1812 told the war in the present tense, and I found that style gave this long-distant conflict great immediacy.

We are all familiar with singers Glen Campbell, Celine Dion, and Anne Murray, which I believe are Canada's revenge against the United States for inflicting Jim Nabors on Canada. On the other hand, nobody seems to complain about Guy Lombardo.

Two weeks ago, Canada issued the last three stamps of a four-stamp set of Canadians who made it big in Hollywood. They were Fay Wray, Mary Pickford, Lorne Greene, and John Candy. I guess the Ponderosa was in British Columbia.

I will give some more Canadian culture when I get home and flip through my stamp album...they did a superb set for the Millennium on Canadian history and culture, which included stamps honoring guys like Sir William Stephenson, and Ottmar Mergenthaler, who invented linotype. Kerosene is also a Canadian invention.

However, when I go through my Canadian stamps, I invariably find myself coming back to the issues that commemorate Canada's armed forces, who fought alongside the Americans and the British in two World Wars, Korea, and Afghanistan.

Most Canadians remember Dieppe, for a certainty. Because of my work on history and my web page, I know about Ortona, the Scheldt, Juno Beach, and Hong Kong, where thousands of Canadian soldiers lie buried at Sai Wan War Cemetery overlooking the point where the Japanese stormed Hong Kong Island in December 1941. That was the first time Canadian troops fought a ground battle in World War II, and the Winnipeg Grenadiers and Royal Rifles of Canada (from Montreal) were defeated after an 18-day battle.

Most of the Canadians were fresh out of training, and had only been in Hong Kong for three weeks. Their war and lives ended under rows of tombstones that read, "Unknown Canadian Soldier of the 1939-45 War," in many cases before their 21st birthday.

When I stood there back in 1994, staring at the rows of tombstones, I remember I broke down in tears, thinking about the appalling loss of lives. And I thought that the sorrow each family felt was a universal emotion, not restricted by nation or ethnicity.

I know it's fun to joke about nations and cultures and lack thereof, and I know that Americans and Canadians ridicule each other a lot...mostly because they can. These are two neighboring nations that have enjoyed harmonious relations for nearly two centuries, the longest unfortified border in the world, share many common values on both sides of the political spectrum, and can agree to disagree without rancor or bitterness.

They wrangle at conference tables over environmental and trade issues, not about nuclear disarmament. At stake in these negotiations are profit pictures and acid rain, which they try to resolve through reason and intelligence, rather than intercontinental ballistic bombast.

Americans should consider themselves they have Canada as a neighbor, instead of some other nations in the world. How would Americans like it if Iraq was our neighbor, for example? Or Pol Pot's Cambodia?

Meanwhile, I'm going back to my book on the Canadian attack on the Gothic Line in September 1944, in Italy. That was truly a forgotten campaign, which is undeserved.
Kiwiwriter is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th June 2006, 09:52 AM   #3000
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Arkan_Wolfshade View Post
ffs, can they do anything without distorting the facts? Per Boeing's website, the external width of the fuselage is 12 ft 4 in http://www.boeing.com/commercial/757...f_200tech.html The closer of the two trucks appears to be a Chevy/GMC Silverado/Sierra 1500, assuming 2001 model; then we have an overall length of 5225 mm (206 in) to
6325 mm (249 in) (17'2"-20'9") http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Silverado

I've done some cursory analysis via Paint. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...e/4b3a5818.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...e/4b3a5818.jpg

Red line is the truck's overall length, blue line is fuselage width, and the yellow line is the difference of the two. Assuming the truck is the shortest model, it is 206", subtracting the fuselage width gives is 206 - 148 = 58". The yellow line fits into the red line ~7.5x. 7.5 * 58 = 435". This suggests that they have the plane magnified ~2x larger than it should be.

Those wiser than I, please check my work.
It's not twice as large, I don't think. It's about 20% larger than it should be.

1) Assuming the guy walking near the pickup is about 6' tall, then the estimate of 206 inches is reasonably close for the length of the truck.

2) I get the width of the fuselage to be about 85% of that of the truck. That would mean the fuselage is something like 175 inches wide. Given that it should be 148", that makes it 18% too wide.

Also, the plane is twisted slightly. Not that I'm sure it matters, but the distance to the left engine is slightly smaller than that to the right.

If you shrink the plane to the size it should be, the outer edges of the engines would be just inside the middle of where the engines are now.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories