ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 24th November 2009, 12:37 PM   #1
Praktik
Philosopher

Any action on the NAU front?

You know I just realized its been a while since I heard of any newish claims from the anti-NAU crowd.

Is this one fizzling out?

I guess we might have to wait til another SPP or some meeting of the G8 or something for this to regain its earlier circulation...
“ it has become my conviction that things mean pretty much what we want them to mean. We’ll pluck significance from the least consequential happenstance if it suits us and happily ignore the most flagrantly obvious symmetry between separate aspects of our lives if it threatens some cherished prejudice or cosily comforting belief"
-Iain Banks
Praktik is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th November 2009, 01:03 PM   #2
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by Praktik View Post
newish

Ah crap, now we have to worry about secret Newish plots too?!??!!
Old 24th November 2009, 01:05 PM   #3
Praktik
Philosopher

I dont have anything against the newish people - they make great comedians!
“ it has become my conviction that things mean pretty much what we want them to mean. We’ll pluck significance from the least consequential happenstance if it suits us and happily ignore the most flagrantly obvious symmetry between separate aspects of our lives if it threatens some cherished prejudice or cosily comforting belief"
-Iain Banks
Praktik is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th November 2009, 05:09 PM   #4
Dunstan
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Praktik View Post
I dont have anything against the newish people - they make great comedians!
I don't have anything against newish people either -- just nionists!
Dunstan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th November 2009, 06:23 PM   #5
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by Dunstan View Post
I don't have anything against newish people either -- just nionists!

You crypto-anti-newnites with your codewords think you're so clever, don't you?
Old 24th November 2009, 07:20 PM   #6
mythstifieD
Critical Thinker

Apparently it's dead?

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d46_1217423020
Old 24th November 2009, 09:11 PM   #7
Corsair 115
Penultimate Amazing

Given the rather dismal state of the American economy, Canada and Mexico have temporarily nixed any North American unification plans.
Corsair 115 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th November 2009, 09:38 PM   #8
fitzgibbon
Master Poster

I think Harper's working on a reverse takeover. Get used to dollar and two-dollar coins, Yanks!
"Television is a circus, a carnival, a traveling troupe of acrobats, storytellers, dancers, singers, jugglers, side-show freaks, lion tamers, and football players. We're in the boredom-killing business! So if you want the truth... Go to God!"
Howard Beale, "Network"
fitzgibbon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th November 2009, 12:46 AM   #9
Corsair 115
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by fitzgibbon View Post
I think Harper's working on a reverse takeover.

No, the only thing Harper's working on is importing American-style politics to Canada. On that score he seems to be doing rather well (and it's a big reason his party will not be getting my vote anytime soon).
Corsair 115 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th November 2009, 12:04 AM   #10
Rogue1stclass
Muse

Originally Posted by fitzgibbon View Post
I think Harper's working on a reverse takeover. Get used to dollar and two-dollar coins, Yanks!
Noooooo!

I hate carrying coins!
Rogue1stclass is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th November 2009, 01:02 AM   #11
332nd
Penultimate Amazing

Newish...
Old 26th November 2009, 02:38 AM   #12
Gazpacho
Master Poster

I would not be surprised if Lou Dobbs was the #1 source of NAU paranoia. Fortunately, "we" have silenced him.

Also, the US government is now controlled by friends of the labor unions.
Gazpacho is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories