ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old Yesterday, 10:31 AM   #1401
RussDill
Philosopher

I know lake Havasu pretty well. Compared to other lakes in az, it's the opposite of tiny or remote. Hell, if you wanted remote, you'd just pick a random spot along the Colorado. And trust me, this time of year. 6:30 is the perfect time to start outdoor activities.
And lines to code before I sleep
RussDill is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 03:55 PM   #1402
Jimmy9
Student

Lol.. You know what they say about people who say "trust me".
Jimmy9 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 03:57 PM   #1403
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by esspee View Post
i'll make you a deal - i won't needlessly bump this thread

except for this one time to share this - http://riverscenemagazine.com/story/...-thompson-bay/

(the last photo is by far my favorite )

unless I am in a current conversation with someone on the thread (or replying to a question posed directly to me) or have some absolutely huge and necessary news to share in the development of this magic flying stool (such as two appearing at once, or someone proving it is fake etc) then i will not bump this thread anymore

i have a feeling this thread will be fairly busy and tick along nicely all by itself now. ( on youtube, interest in my flyboard videos has been increasing, make of that what you will )
I see three new posts by you within 2 days- but the terms "conversation" and "absolutely huge and necessary news" are subjective ones, right?

I remain too am curious if you will not bump the thread if no one else does. Unlikely in any event, though.
Giordano is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 04:07 PM   #1404
esspee
black goo

Originally Posted by Giordano View Post
I see three new posts by you within 2 days- but the terms "conversation" and "absolutely huge and necessary news" are subjective ones, right?

I remain too am curious if you will not bump the thread if no one else does. Unlikely in any event, though.
non of them were bumps.

those were replies

as is this post you are reading right now.

if you expect me to not reply to peoples posts containing questions and statements directly related to my own or addressing me directly then you are out of luck.

But i will not bump it.

And i have not bumped it since i said that i would not.
esspee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 04:23 AM   #1405
esspee
black goo

I consider this a significant leap forward in the development of this story and therefore worthy of posting. This is not a bump, as this is pertinent information relevant to the core question flowing through this thread.

It is official - he can now fly anywhere. No water needed, no fear of solid ground.

https://www.facebook.com/duprade/vid...4849346567471/

( i must now get to work finishing/recording/editiing the video i am currently working on and also do lots of chores i need to finish by the weekend- so i may be absent from this thread for a few days, but will be available for comment/reply after the weekend )
esspee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 04:36 AM   #1406
The Greater Fool
Master Poster

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way
The two interesting things to me were:

1) Yes, flying over land. Zapata is getting very confident in his device, and it's good to see. It still seems risky to me and I hope the ground doesn't reach up and snatch Zapata from the sky.

2) I now wonder if there is no "off" switch. This seemed like a long flight (for the FBA) of somewhere between 8-9 minutes (I'm not going back to get the exact time, its just not THAT interesting), then sat at the end for 2+ minutes before the engines stopped.

At any rate, still real, still cool.
Old Today, 04:46 AM   #1407
esspee
black goo

Originally Posted by The Greater Fool View Post

1) Yes, flying over land. Zapata is getting very confident in his device, and it's good to see. It still seems risky to me and I hope the ground doesn't reach up and snatch Zapata from the sky.

2) I now wonder if there is no "off" switch. This seemed like a long flight (for the FBA) of somewhere between 8-9 minutes (I'm not going back to get the exact time, its just not THAT interesting), then sat at the end for 2+ minutes before the engines stopped.

If i am wrong (unlikely at this point) and it is real, then in my ignorant opinion he is treading a dangerous line wiht this kind of flight.

And if real (unlkley at this point) - i too hope he does not have any kind of engine failure while traveling at such speeds and heights. Because i think the result would be carnage.

However - i do not worry for his safety as i do not think it is real. I also believe that this will become apparent shortly and i sincerely regret making the time period for my bet so short. BUt it will only be a small fly in the champagne i will be quaffing during my 'victory lap'*.

*a reference for those who followed the IMSC part of this story

Now i really must get back to my video editing.
Old Today, 04:51 AM   #1408
esspee
black goo

Originally Posted by The Greater Fool View Post

i don't know about small jets, but i have been around big ones a lot. they require a cool down period so as not to cool the blades too quickly and f the balance of the engine up.

So it makes sense that he would cool it down as those jets are not cheap.

I'm guessing small ones might not absolutely need this as Franky in his own words 12 days before his record landed in the water during a flight and stated that he did not have to change the jets and that they were not damaged at all by this water landing and presumed shock cooling that would occur if you took something around 500degrees c plus and dropped it in the ocean.
Old Today, 06:29 AM   #1409
Alphaba
Optical Allusion

[...] regarding the flyboard air - holiday/watersports season is just about to kick off.

So the videos will be flying out in number to help him drum up business for his product (water flyboard and chain of franchisees/licencees owner operators)

Expect wilder and more extravagant flights to come soon. This is just the beginning,
Magic Flying Stool Video season has officially opened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie_Wf-Jm1Mg
[...]
Flyboard air - doing a 'show' at 630am in what looks like an out of season lake resort.
[...]
Please note that all this is done in the middle of butf nowhere at some out of season lake resort. And at 6:30 am too.
[...]
in the light of that flight and those details, i do not understand why more people are not scratching there heads.
[...]

Not only did esspee hand wave the rationale of the 6:30 AM timing (a dust storm the previous day), sourced by Jimmy9 to a local journal (why would someone bother to get the info on site when you can just spout some innuendo about it from thousands of kilometers away? I'm scratching my head), but there are a couple of very interesting infos in the caption-comment of one of the Youtube video he provided a link to; infos he carefully avoided to cite:
Originally Posted by Lake Havasu H2o
This week he has been in Lake Havasu City, Arizona testing and has been putting on a great show for the locals and tourists. He will be in Florida during the Memorial Weekend putting on an exhibition at a huge air show event. It will be the first time that he will be presenting to a huge audience here in the U.S.

Franky was testing there, to exercise and prepare for "a huge air show event" in front of a "huge audience". Not difficult to guess that it's the Miami Beach Air & Sea Show.

Franky will demonstrate in front of thousands if not ten of thousands people, most of them having a video recording thingy and a Facebook account. And the event will be covered by some serious media.

I'm starting to see why esspee has a timely sudden relapse: someone will not be in Miami Beach this weekend.
Alphaba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories