ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Reply
Old 5th January 2020, 11:41 AM   #361
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 12,862
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
http://yankee451.com/wp-content/uplo...ge-300x223.jpg

The predictable and inevitable clutch at the Kamikaze straw.

Extraneous snipped
Translation from conspiraspeak:

How dare you cite facts when I'm on a perfectly good fantasy riff!
__________________
Music is what feelings sound like

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2020, 12:21 PM   #362
SpitfireIX
Philosopher
 
SpitfireIX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA
Posts: 5,006
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post

So what you're saying is all the governments of the world are in on it. Is it any wonder that no one whose opinion matters takes you seriously?
__________________
Handy responses to conspiracy theorists' claims:
1) "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." --Charles Babbage
2) "This isn't right. This isn't even wrong." --Wolfgang Pauli
3) "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." --Inigo Montoya
SpitfireIX is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2020, 12:41 PM   #363
MattNelson
Thinker
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 155
Ace Baker says:

Quote:
I think they shot an engine part our [sic] of a cannon on the 81st floor, then melted it down with thermite. This would explain the engine part, the trajectory, and the molten metal seen flowing out of that area in the Camera Planet video.
Are you going with that, too, Steve? Please read my PDF before answering with crap about planting the wrong engine.
MattNelson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2020, 02:00 PM   #364
yankee451
Master Poster
 
yankee451's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,765
Originally Posted by MattNelson View Post
Ace Baker says:



Are you going with that, too, Steve? Please read my PDF before answering with crap about planting the wrong engine.
LOL. No, I'm not hip to that. Sparks are sparks, not molten metal.

Quote:
It was Bollyn who gave us molten steel at the WTC, something that was parroted by alleged members of the FDNY. These statements taken together are evidence of collusion, not evidence of super-hot fires; on the one hand we have a so-called journalist breathlessly reporting about molten steel, and on the other we see what looks like firefighters corroborating that tale, which puts the firefighters and Bollyn on the same side, allegedly fighting the “Man” that is supposedly suppressing this information. But apparently they are working together with the Man to spread confusion; it takes two minutes to verify there are no photographs or videos of any molten metal whatsoever, cooled or hot, from 9/11.

The videos you’ve seen of the sparks pouring out of the towers were just that, sparks, not waterfalls of molten steel:

https://youtu.be/BSw2ChOaDQk

Acetylene torches can do the same thing, so why aren’t truthers investigating why there would be a clearly visible shower of sparks from an acetylene torch pouring out of an office building that would soon collapse into a cloud of dust? My guess is because Christopher Bollyn, Stephen Jones, the NYPD and the FDNY led them to molten metal and such is the power of suggestion, illustrating the importance of leading the opposition.



https://911crashtest.org/taboo-truth...g-shanksville/
yankee451 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2020, 02:07 PM   #365
yankee451
Master Poster
 
yankee451's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,765
Originally Posted by SpitfireIX View Post
So what you're saying is all the governments of the world are in on it. Is it any wonder that no one whose opinion matters takes you seriously?
Quote:
The only rational conclusion that fits the evidence is that all the worlds’ media were and are colluding in this colossal lie. I am well aware of how mind-blowing this conclusion is, but it is what it is, which is (unfortunately) often too much information for some people to process; so much so that it frequently shuts-down anyone weaned on the fantasy of the fourth estate.
How 9/11 Missiles Equate to Global Slavery
yankee451 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2020, 02:13 PM   #366
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 12,862
Why do people believe in conspiracy theories?

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...iracy-theories

David Ludden Ph.D.

Why Do People Believe in Conspiracy Theories?
The need to find order in a confusing world
Posted Jan 06, 2018



It seems that every family has an Uncle Joe—the guy who goes on and on about conspiracy theories at the holiday dinner table. The 9/11 attack was orchestrated by the government. The moon landing was filmed in Hollywood. Oswald did not act alone in the Kennedy assassination. And don’t get me started on global warming. Record low temperatures this Christmas, and you expect me to believe the world is actually getting warmer? Give me a break.

Maybe we should give Uncle Joe a break, or at least try to understand where he’s coming from. Why do some people believe in conspiracy theories anyway? This is exactly the question posed by British psychologist Karen Douglas and her colleagues in a recent article in the journal Current Directions in Psychological Science.

The researchers found that reasons for believing in conspiracy theories can be grouped into three categories:

The desire for understanding and certainty
The desire for control and security
The desire to maintain a positive self-imag
e
__________________
Music is what feelings sound like

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2020, 02:15 PM   #367
Roger Ramjets
Illuminator
 
Roger Ramjets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 4,525
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
If I was caught lying in court, all of my testimony would be considered suspect. Purdue's Scientific Cartoon depicted the jet wing slicing completely through the steel.
And that's not the only thing wrong with it. I counted the number of rivets in the fuselage in that 'scientific' cartoon. Guess what? There weren't any! And where are the shadows?

Do they think we are idiots? The whole thing is a fake from start to finish - not even close to reality. So how did they do it? Examine all the clues and you will come to the same conclusion as me. There is only one possible explanation - they must have made that cartoon on the Moon!
__________________
We don't want good, sound arguments. We want arguments that sound good.
Roger Ramjets is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2020, 02:17 PM   #368
GlennB
Loggerheaded, earth-vexing fustilarian
 
GlennB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arcadia, Greece
Posts: 26,032
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
Ye gods. That site is the product of sick mind.
__________________
"Even a broken clock is right twice a day. 9/11 truth is a clock with no hands." - Beachnut
GlennB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2020, 02:21 PM   #369
yankee451
Master Poster
 
yankee451's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,765
Originally Posted by BStrong View Post
Why do people believe in conspiracy theories?

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...iracy-theories

David Ludden Ph.D.

Why Do People Believe in Conspiracy Theories?
The need to find order in a confusing world
Posted Jan 06, 2018



It seems that every family has an Uncle Joe—the guy who goes on and on about conspiracy theories at the holiday dinner table. The 9/11 attack was orchestrated by the government. The moon landing was filmed in Hollywood. Oswald did not act alone in the Kennedy assassination. And don’t get me started on global warming. Record low temperatures this Christmas, and you expect me to believe the world is actually getting warmer? Give me a break.

Maybe we should give Uncle Joe a break, or at least try to understand where he’s coming from. Why do some people believe in conspiracy theories anyway? This is exactly the question posed by British psychologist Karen Douglas and her colleagues in a recent article in the journal Current Directions in Psychological Science.

The researchers found that reasons for believing in conspiracy theories can be grouped into three categories:

The desire for understanding and certainty
The desire for control and security
The desire to maintain a positive self-imag
e
Unlike establishment credentialed self-important psychologists?

Quote:
Debunking Conspiracy Theorists

Astute Observers of History are aware that for every notable event there will usually be at least one, often several, wild conspiracy theories which spring up around it. "The CIA killed Hendrix," "The Pope had John Lennon murdered," "Hitler was a werwolf," "Space aliens replaced Nixon with a clone," etc, etc. The bigger the event, the more ridiculous and more numerous are the fanciful rantings which circulate in relation to it.

So its hardly surprising that the events of Sept 11 2001 have spawned their fair share of these ludicrous fairy tales. And as always, there is—sadly—a small but gullible percentage of the population eager to lap up these tall tales, regardless of facts or rational analysis.
One of the wilder stories circulating about Sept 11, and one that has attracted something of a cult following amongst conspiracy buffs is that it was carried out by 19 fanatical Arab hijackers, masterminded by an evil genius named Osama bin Laden, with no apparent motivation other than that they “hate our freedoms.”

Never a group of people to be bothered by facts, the perpetrators of this cartoon fantasy have constructed an elaborately woven web of delusions and unsubstantiated hearsay in order to promote this garbage across the internet and the media to the extent that a number of otherwise rational people have actually fallen under its spell.
Normally I don’t even bother debunking this kind of junk, but the effect that this paranoid myth is beginning to have requires a little rational analysis, in order to consign it to the same rubbish bin as all such silly conspiracy theories.

These crackpots even contend that the extremist Bush regime was caught unawares by the attacks, had no hand in organizing them, and actually would have stopped them if it had been able. Blindly ignoring the stand down of the US air-force, the insider trading on airline stocks— linked to the CIA, the complicit behavior of Bush on the morning of the attacks, the controlled demolition of the WTC, the firing of a missile into the Pentagon and a host of other documented proofs that the Bush regime was behind the attacks, the conspiracy theorists stick doggedly to a silly story about 19 Arab hijackers somehow managing to commandeer 4 planes simultaneously and fly them around US airspace for nearly 2 hours ,crashing them into important buildings, without the US intelligence services having any idea that it was coming, and without the Air Force knowing what to do.
https://911crashtest.org/debunking-c...acy-theorists/

Last edited by yankee451; 5th January 2020 at 02:22 PM.
yankee451 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2020, 02:23 PM   #370
yankee451
Master Poster
 
yankee451's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,765
Originally Posted by GlennB View Post
Ye gods. That site is the product of sick mind.
Gasp! Run away!
yankee451 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2020, 02:31 PM   #371
MattNelson
Thinker
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 155
Then HOW did the engine core hit a building, knock down street signs, and come to rest smoking hot at the corner of Church and Murray?
MattNelson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2020, 02:49 PM   #372
yankee451
Master Poster
 
yankee451's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,765
Originally Posted by MattNelson View Post
Then HOW did the engine core hit a building, knock down street signs, and come to rest smoking hot at the corner of Church and Murray?
Well it didn't cut through a steel building, that's for sure. So you tell me how it got there.
yankee451 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2020, 02:55 PM   #373
yankee451
Master Poster
 
yankee451's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,765
Originally Posted by Roger Ramjets View Post
Do they think we are idiots?
Yes, without a doubt.

Quote:
For whatever their reasons our leaders have been treating us like imbeciles, and until we speak out against this insanity we deserve to be treated as such.
From "Tired of War Without End."
yankee451 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2020, 03:08 PM   #374
MattNelson
Thinker
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 155
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
Well it didn't cut through a steel building, that's for sure. So you tell me how it got there.
I DID ALREADY, IN THE PDF!

THINK, STEVE! OR MAKE LIKE A TREE AND GET OUTTA HERE.
MattNelson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2020, 03:21 PM   #375
yankee451
Master Poster
 
yankee451's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,765
Originally Posted by MattNelson View Post
I DID ALREADY, IN THE PDF!

THINK, STEVE! OR MAKE LIKE A TREE AND GET OUTTA HERE.
My apologies, but I must have missed the link.
yankee451 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2020, 04:10 PM   #376
yankee451
Master Poster
 
yankee451's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,765
Originally Posted by Roger Ramjets View Post
I don't understand why nobody here takes this seriously.

Actually I do. As one of the photographers paid to pose as an amateur for 9/11, I take it very seriously. That's why I will never talk about it to anyone who isn't in on the conspiracy.

What's that you say, I just did? But of course you know better. I know that you are in on it to too. That's why you keep presenting 'evidence' so full of holes that a child could see through it - to discredit the 9/11 truth movement and make sure nobody bothers to look at the real evidence - which irrefutably proves it was an inside job.

But this a vast conspiracy - much vaster than a mere 10 to 50 thousand crisis actors. Current estimates put the number of people 'in on it' at ~35 million worldwide, with more joining the conspiracy every day. And not just since 9/11, but before it too. The planning took years, centuries even. You know that bit in the Bible where Jesus says "I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."? He was in on it.
I get it. You think that because you're clever enough to use a remote control, you deserve the truth to be handed to you on a silver screen. The government is there for your benefit and protection. The CIA likes you. The Bluebird of Happiness lands on your shoulder.
yankee451 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2020, 04:49 PM   #377
SpitfireIX
Philosopher
 
SpitfireIX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA
Posts: 5,006
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post

What GlennB said.
The only rational conclusion that fits the evidence is that all the worlds’ media were and are colluding in this colossal lie. I am well aware of how mind-blowing this conclusion is, but it is what it is, which is (unfortunately) often too much information for some people to process; so much so that it frequently shuts-down anyone weaned on the fantasy of the fourth estate.
No. "The only rational conclusion" is that the author's (and your, and most other conspiracists') interpretation of the evidence is hopelessly flawed and biased. You insinuate that no one listens to you because no one can handle the truth. You ignore the far more likely and reasonable possibility that no one listens to you because you are quite clearly completely wrong.
__________________
Handy responses to conspiracy theorists' claims:
1) "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." --Charles Babbage
2) "This isn't right. This isn't even wrong." --Wolfgang Pauli
3) "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." --Inigo Montoya
SpitfireIX is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2020, 05:10 PM   #378
yankee451
Master Poster
 
yankee451's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,765
Originally Posted by SpitfireIX View Post
What GlennB said.
The only rational conclusion that fits the evidence is that all the worlds’ media were and are colluding in this colossal lie. I am well aware of how mind-blowing this conclusion is, but it is what it is, which is (unfortunately) often too much information for some people to process; so much so that it frequently shuts-down anyone weaned on the fantasy of the fourth estate.
No. "The only rational conclusion" is that the author's (and your, and most other conspiracists') interpretation of the evidence is hopelessly flawed and biased. You insinuate that no one listens to you because no one can handle the truth. You ignore the far more likely and reasonable possibility that no one listens to you because you are quite clearly completely wrong.
Well now's your chance to explain how the evidence doesn't fit my conclusion.
yankee451 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2020, 05:37 PM   #379
Blue Mountain
Resident Skeptical Hobbit
 
Blue Mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Waging war on woo-woo in Winnipeg
Posts: 6,045
Hey Yankee451, I notice you've completely ignored (twice!) my question about the missing aircraft and the people aboard them. There is the fact that four aircraft and 236 people suddenly went missing on September 11, 2001. There's a lot of evidence to show two of these aircraft were crashed into the World Trade Center in New York. If these aircraft were not involved with the attack, what is your explanation for what happened to them and the people who were aboard?
__________________
The social illusion reigns to-day upon all the heaped-up ruins of the past, and to it belongs the future. The masses have never thirsted after truth. They turn aside from evidence that is not to their taste, preferring to deify error, if error seduce them. Gustav Le Bon, The Crowd, 1895 (from the French)
Canadian or living in Canada? PM me if you want an entry on the list of Canadians on the forum.
Blue Mountain is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2020, 05:44 PM   #380
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher
 
Crazy Chainsaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 5,383
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
Well now's your chance to explain how the evidence doesn't fit my conclusion.
No that's reversed burden Proof it's your theory, and you can not falsify the plane imp!act theory.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2020, 06:03 PM   #381
Axxman300
Illuminator
 
Axxman300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central California Coast
Posts: 4,516
Originally Posted by BStrong View Post
Why do people believe in conspiracy theories?

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...iracy-theories

David Ludden Ph.D.

Why Do People Believe in Conspiracy Theories?
The need to find order in a confusing world
Posted Jan 06, 2018



It seems that every family has an Uncle Joe—the guy who goes on and on about conspiracy theories at the holiday dinner table. The 9/11 attack was orchestrated by the government. The moon landing was filmed in Hollywood. Oswald did not act alone in the Kennedy assassination. And don’t get me started on global warming. Record low temperatures this Christmas, and you expect me to believe the world is actually getting warmer? Give me a break.

Maybe we should give Uncle Joe a break, or at least try to understand where he’s coming from. Why do some people believe in conspiracy theories anyway? This is exactly the question posed by British psychologist Karen Douglas and her colleagues in a recent article in the journal Current Directions in Psychological Science.

The researchers found that reasons for believing in conspiracy theories can be grouped into three categories:

The desire for understanding and certainty
The desire for control and security
The desire to maintain a positive self-imag
e
Steve's going through a midlife crisis like Gage did. Not sure why he's fixated on 9-11 but he's decided to make this his windmill. He posts here because the Truther boards probably give him the boot since he's too far gone even for them. When asked for supporting evidence all of his links are to his webpage or Youtube channel which suggests that he feels he is the ultimate intellectual authority on the matter even while demonstrating in text and video that he has no clue about the things he talks about.

He stated that he wants to leave a legacy for his grandkids and this suggests that he has failed at many things in his life and blames others for these failures, hence the reflexive distrust and disdain for government. His anger toward professionals is the underlying theme in all of his threads.
__________________
Disingenuous Piranha
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2020, 06:42 PM   #382
yankee451
Master Poster
 
yankee451's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,765
Originally Posted by Crazy Chainsaw View Post
No that's reversed burden Proof it's your theory, and you can not falsify the plane imp!act theory.
The burden of proof is on original claimants, those that insist a jet caused the damage. The lightly damaged cladding and the sharply bent steel at the left of both impact holes are proof that the original claim is false. I have offered an alternative explanation that does fit the evidence. If you think the evidence doesn't support my conclusion, and instead supports the conclusion that it was caused by the head on crash of a 767, please explain.
yankee451 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2020, 06:46 PM   #383
yankee451
Master Poster
 
yankee451's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,765
Originally Posted by Blue Mountain View Post
Hey Yankee451, I notice you've completely ignored (twice!) my question about the missing aircraft and the people aboard them. There is the fact that four aircraft and 236 people suddenly went missing on September 11, 2001. There's a lot of evidence to show two of these aircraft were crashed into the World Trade Center in New York. If these aircraft were not involved with the attack, what is your explanation for what happened to them and the people who were aboard?
The story of the planes comes from the most likely suspects.

Quote:
If you’re new to 9/11 research you’re probably thinking, “What about the Planes? What about the witnesses? What about the passengers and the pilots? What about the hijackers?” The questions pile up quickly but an astute observer would deduce that if the videos of the plane impacts aren’t legitimate, then that makes moot the question of passengers, pilots, hijackers and witnesses. It also means the media are involved. If missiles were used then that means the military is involved and if that’s true then the government must have been involved too. When taken together the ramifications of the evidence of missile impacts are too overwhelming and outrageous for many people to even consider as a possibility, so they reject it sight unseen, which is of course the desired response. It is the “big lie” after all, which can summarized thus; the bigger the lie being told the more likely it is that it will be believed.

But the evidence in the impact holes doesn’t lie.
https://911crashtest.org/how-9-11-mi...lobal-slavery/
yankee451 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2020, 06:47 PM   #384
yankee451
Master Poster
 
yankee451's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,765
Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
Steve's going through a midlife crisis like Gage did. Not sure why he's fixated on 9-11 but he's decided to make this his windmill. He posts here because the Truther boards probably give him the boot since he's too far gone even for them. When asked for supporting evidence all of his links are to his webpage or Youtube channel which suggests that he feels he is the ultimate intellectual authority on the matter even while demonstrating in text and video that he has no clue about the things he talks about.

He stated that he wants to leave a legacy for his grandkids and this suggests that he has failed at many things in his life and blames others for these failures, hence the reflexive distrust and disdain for government. His anger toward professionals is the underlying theme in all of his threads.
It is important to set the historical record straight so that future generations don't get fooled again.

From what I know of Richard Gage, he and I have very little in common.
yankee451 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2020, 06:53 PM   #385
AJM8125
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger
 
AJM8125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 21,179
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
Well now's your chance to explain how the evidence doesn't fit my conclusion.
You haven't provided any evidence. You've provided ridiculous theories.
__________________


The better you get, the harder you work.
AJM8125 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2020, 07:00 PM   #386
yankee451
Master Poster
 
yankee451's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,765
Originally Posted by AJM8125 View Post
You haven't provided any evidence. You've provided ridiculous theories.
I understand how they may seem ridiculous to you, but they do match the evidence that was provided. Specifically the lightly bent aluminum sheeting and the progressively worse damage and sharp bends to the steel columns, and on the right column from the left of both towers, an inward blasting hole through a box column that was nowhere near where the alleged jet's engine impacted. If you missed the links and photos, please scroll back on the thread.
yankee451 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2020, 07:20 PM   #387
AJM8125
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger
 
AJM8125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 21,179
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
I understand how they may seem ridiculous to you, but they do match the evidence that was provided. Specifically the lightly bent aluminum sheeting and the progressively worse damage and sharp bends to the steel columns, and on the right column from the left of both towers, an inward blasting hole through a box column that was nowhere near where the alleged jet's engine impacted. If you missed the links and photos, please scroll back on the thread.
You keep saying "evidence". I'm sure you believe it's the sharp lines you've drawn on your blurry screen grabs, but it really isn't. Theory isn't evidence, now matter how much you want it to be.

In order for you to advance any of your theories, you have to come to terms with the following, for starters -
  1. United Flight 11 was hijacked by terrorist cowards and deliberately crashed into WTC1.
  2. American Flight 175 was hijacked by terrorist cowards and deliberately crashed into WTC2.
  3. Flight 77 was hijacked by terrorist cowards and deliberately crashed into The Pentagon.
  4. Flight 93 was hijack and was forced to crash in Shanksville, PA before the terrorist cowards reached their intended target.

Not one no-planer has ever refuted these facts.
__________________


The better you get, the harder you work.
AJM8125 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2020, 07:24 PM   #388
yankee451
Master Poster
 
yankee451's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,765
Originally Posted by AJM8125 View Post
You keep saying "evidence". I'm sure you believe it's the sharp lines you've drawn on your blurry screen grabs, but it really isn't. Theory isn't evidence, now matter how much you want it to be.

In order for you to advance any of your theories, you have to come to terms with the following, for starters -
  1. United Flight 11 was hijacked by terrorist cowards and deliberately crashed into WTC1.
  2. American Flight 175 was hijacked by terrorist cowards and deliberately crashed into WTC2.
  3. Flight 77 was hijacked by terrorist cowards and deliberately crashed into The Pentagon.
  4. Flight 93 was hijack and was forced to crash in Shanksville, PA before the terrorist cowards reached their intended target.

Not one no-planer has ever refuted these facts.
They lied, as evidenced by every video and photograph in the public domain.
yankee451 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2020, 07:27 PM   #389
AJM8125
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger
 
AJM8125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 21,179
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
They lied, as evidenced by every video and photograph in the public domain.
That's your opinion, which isn't a refutation.

By the way Steve, if every video and photograph in the public domain is a lie, then your "evidence" is based upon that lie.

Think about it.
__________________


The better you get, the harder you work.

Last edited by AJM8125; 5th January 2020 at 07:47 PM.
AJM8125 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2020, 07:53 PM   #390
Redwood
Graduate Poster
 
Redwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,535
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
Why, you don't think certain corrupt members of the police and fire departments might not want to make a few extra bucks for planting plane parts and setting a few derelict cars on fire?
How do suppose "they" recruited these "certain corrupt members of the police and fire departments" willing to risk prison for "a few extra bucks"?

Did they post notices on the station bulletin boards?
Redwood is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2020, 08:12 PM   #391
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing
 
beachnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dog House
Posts: 25,644
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
They lied, as evidenced by every video and photograph in the public domain.
They who? Names so we can get to the bottom of your fantasy version of 9/11.

No lies from "they", only a failed fantasy you failed to provide more than nonsense as your evidence.

The burden of proof is on you.
__________________
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen" - Albert Einstein
"... education as the means of developing our greatest abilities" - JFK
https://folding.stanford.edu/ fold with your computer - join team 13232
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2020, 01:31 AM   #392
llwyd
Muse
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 629
This thread is kind of nostalgic - I used to participate around 2010 in massive debates in a popular Finnish forum about "controlled explosions" and "free fall" and WTC7 and other nonsense. I guess some were finally convinced but for the diehards it's a religion and there is no evidence, no logic, no mathematics that will convince them.

It's a weird state of mind. One of my best friends had 9/11 as his gateway conspiracy and now he believes the weirdest, the most unplausible things, rages about Rothchilds and Windsors and Jews. Thinks that Hitler was a decent man who didn't want war. And he is basically intelligent, very artistic - and not much understanding of natural science and math. But I think the most important thing for him is to feel smug, like superior to all the sheep who believe. He really thinks he is critical of evidence, whereas he is the most uncritical and naive person I know.

So, actually not really that nostalgic. It's just sad proof of the vast reaches of gullibility and blindness and illogic that human nature is capable of.

Last edited by llwyd; 6th January 2020 at 01:32 AM.
llwyd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2020, 03:50 AM   #393
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored
 
Jack by the hedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,300
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
I understand how they may seem ridiculous to you, but they do match the evidence that was provided. Specifically the lightly bent aluminum sheeting and the progressively worse damage and sharp bends to the steel columns, and on the right column from the left of both towers, an inward blasting hole through a box column that was nowhere near where the alleged jet's engine impacted. If you missed the links and photos, please scroll back on the thread.
I have a new theory that a giant walked up to the building and poked holes in it with his giant fingers, then squeezed, poked and twisted some more until he had made a pleasingly plane-shaped hole.

He then breathed fire into the hole because this kind of giant breathes fire.

I understand how this may seem ridiculous to you, but it does match the evidence that was provided. Specifically the lightly bent aluminum sheeting and the progressively worse damage and sharp bends to the steel columns, and on the right column from the left of both towers, an inward blasting hole through a box column that was nowhere near where the alleged jet's engine impacted.

I can probably draw you a picture if you think that would be cool. I can't decide if he should have a hat. Do giants wear hats?
Jack by the hedge is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2020, 03:57 AM   #394
JSanderO
Illuminator
 
JSanderO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: nyc
Posts: 3,078
Originally Posted by llwyd View Post
This thread is kind of nostalgic - I used to participate around 2010 in massive debates in a popular Finnish forum about "controlled explosions" and "free fall" and WTC7 and other nonsense. I guess some were finally convinced but for the diehards it's a religion and there is no evidence, no logic, no mathematics that will convince them.

It's a weird state of mind. One of my best friends had 9/11 as his gateway conspiracy and now he believes the weirdest, the most unplausible things, rages about Rothchilds and Windsors and Jews. Thinks that Hitler was a decent man who didn't want war. And he is basically intelligent, very artistic - and not much understanding of natural science and math. But I think the most important thing for him is to feel smug, like superior to all the sheep who believe. He really thinks he is critical of evidence, whereas he is the most uncritical and naive person I know.

So, actually not really that nostalgic. It's just sad proof of the vast reaches of gullibility and blindness and illogic that human nature is capable of.
Several people, I among them, have noted that the most stunning take away from 9/11 is about "mass psychology". We've see this before in cults like Scientology which to this day count tens of thousands of members. All cults share some common attributes and among them is that we are told lies and the cult offers the truth. People seem to value truth above anything... even when it is a falsehood. They cling to these beliefs like a dog to a bone. We see this in religious followers who clearly suspend their critical thinking to accept all manner of "made up tales" to explain the divine and how that relates to humans.

There are many people who respect critical thinking and scientific rigor and yet still see that the explanations for a very complex event such as 9/11 may be "incomplete" in the details. That explanation attempts to reconstruct a detailed history which was not recorded second by second in minute detail.

Cult like thinkers are asking people to take a leap of faith into their fantasy of events. Some will follow because they believe, and rightly so, that we are constantly fed all manner of spin, marketing, and even deception to achieve some aim or hidden agenda. However lies have short legs and don't get very far like the WMDs and so on. Truther stuff is essentially made up out of whole cloth and disguised as rational science and critical thinking. Steve and Gage and all the other truthers share this. And they are incapable of stepping outside their belief systems to see how flawed they are. Like cult members you cannot change them with rational arguments.
__________________
So many idiots and so little time.
JSanderO is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2020, 04:13 AM   #395
The Common Potato
Critical Thinker
 
The Common Potato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: The Scunthorpe Problem
Posts: 277
Relevant to tubers only.

Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
You say potato, I say spud.
Actually my school nickname was Chip Butty.
The Common Potato is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2020, 04:30 AM   #396
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher
 
Crazy Chainsaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 5,383
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
So a wing spar, that is meant for horizontal loads (not for head on impacts into steel box columns), DRAGGED the steel to the right?

http://yankee451.com/wp-content/uplo...front-spar.png

Why, if a wing was that strong, wouldn't it just wedge them apart?

http://yankee451.com/wp-content/uplo...T-approach.gif

One way to decide would be by examining the damage to the tower. Is there evidence of the impact of a massive wing spar on the right corners of the columns? Nope.
http://yankee451.com/wp-content/uplo...ide-dents1.jpg
First Question yes.
Second Question no, the front connection of the wing spar to the fuselages will fail as it makes contact first.
3 the dragging to the right is that evidence You just don't understand the link between Connections strength and physics of impact, the Connections will determine the path of energy flows in a building or an airplane wing.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2020, 04:36 AM   #397
curious cat
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 368
Originally Posted by JSanderO View Post
Several people, I among them, have noted that the most stunning take away from 9/11 is about "mass psychology". We've see this before in cults like Scientology which to this day count tens of thousands of members. All cults share some common attributes and among them is that we are told lies and the cult offers the truth. People seem to value truth above anything... even when it is a falsehood. They cling to these beliefs like a dog to a bone. We see this in religious followers who clearly suspend their critical thinking to accept all manner of "made up tales" to explain the divine and how that relates to humans.

There are many people who respect critical thinking and scientific rigor and yet still see that the explanations for a very complex event such as 9/11 may be "incomplete" in the details. That explanation attempts to reconstruct a detailed history which was not recorded second by second in minute detail.

Cult like thinkers are asking people to take a leap of faith into their fantasy of events. Some will follow because they believe, and rightly so, that we are constantly fed all manner of spin, marketing, and even deception to achieve some aim or hidden agenda. However lies have short legs and don't get very far like the WMDs and so on. Truther stuff is essentially made up out of whole cloth and disguised as rational science and critical thinking. Steve and Gage and all the other truthers share this. And they are incapable of stepping outside their belief systems to see how flawed they are. Like cult members you cannot change them with rational arguments.
I've been just pointed at this article https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3703523/
in connection with discussion of another conspiracy theory. Anybody interest in the psychology of there freaks will find a lot of useful information there.
curious cat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2020, 04:39 AM   #398
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher
 
Crazy Chainsaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 5,383
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
The burden of proof is on original claimants, those that insist a jet caused the damage. The lightly damaged cladding and the sharply bent steel at the left of both impact holes are proof that the original claim is false. I have offered an alternative explanation that does fit the evidence. If you think the evidence doesn't support my conclusion, and instead supports the conclusion that it was caused by the head on crash of a 767, please explain.
No it isn't, a Jet was observed to make the strike by withnesses so you have to disprove the Evidetuary if you can't your theory is Falsified because a better theory is already in Place with a logical chain of events.
That's your problem not mine I see nothing I would not expect in your so called evidence from a planes impact, on to steel columns which were pretty weak to substain such a high energy impact on the most deformable side..

Last edited by Crazy Chainsaw; 6th January 2020 at 04:41 AM.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2020, 05:13 AM   #399
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored
 
Jack by the hedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,300
Originally Posted by Crazy Chainsaw View Post
No it isn't, a Jet was observed to make the strike by withnesses so you have to disprove the Evidetuary if you can't your theory is Falsified because a better theory is already in Place with a logical chain of events.
That's your problem not mine I see nothing I would not expect in your so called evidence from a planes impact, on to steel columns which were pretty weak to substain such a high energy impact on the most deformable side..
Well you say that, but the video which would originally have shown a fire breathing giant was faked by someone pressing the "fake video" button on their , umm, complicated technical TV machine.

And of course any actual eyewitnesses were bamboozled by the fake video because ordinary people, unlike me, are so stupid that if they see something on TV they discard what they already know and substitute that instead. And I'm pretty sure there's a rumour of an early account of someone who said they thought they might have heard "Fee, Fi, Fo, Fum" before one of the impacts.

So you just have to explain why having a plane shaped hole made by a fire breathing giant doesn't explain the evidence of the plane shaped hole when it's an exact fit for that narrowly-isolated bit of the evidence.

And before anyone says fire-breathing giants weren't in service in 2001, remember that accounts of giants go back through pantomime history for generations. And don't forget Judy Woods research into massive space beanstalks. So, you know, that.
Jack by the hedge is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2020, 07:15 AM   #400
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher
 
Crazy Chainsaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 5,383
Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
Well you say that, but the video which would originally have shown a fire breathing giant was faked by someone pressing the "fake video" button on their , umm, complicated technical TV machine.

And of course any actual eyewitnesses were bamboozled by the fake video because ordinary people, unlike me, are so stupid that if they see something on TV they discard what they already know and substitute that instead. And I'm pretty sure there's a rumour of an early account of someone who said they thought they might have heard "Fee, Fi, Fo, Fum" before one of the impacts.

So you just have to explain why having a plane shaped hole made by a fire breathing giant doesn't explain the evidence of the plane shaped hole when it's an exact fit for that narrowly-isolated bit of the evidence.

And before anyone says fire-breathing giants weren't in service in 2001, remember that accounts of giants go back through pantomime history for generations. And don't forget Judy Woods research into massive space beanstalks. So, you know, that.
You know that's silly, everyone knows it was the giant Spaghetti Monster, I mean doesn't that hole look like a Giant spaghetti monster hole?
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:44 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.