ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Reply
Old 9th January 2019, 12:24 PM   #81
Bjarne
Illuminator
 
Bjarne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,178
Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post
Why must space have that? Because you say so?
Well, if you want to make your point, you have to provide the calculus. Otherwise, all of the above is just word salad.
Face it, Bjarne: Nobody will take your word for any of it. You have to SHOW your calculations. It is indeed time for you to wake up to that fact.

Hans
Everyone can make a easy rough calculation, and easy conclude that this theory and the forces in play , is matching the bill, MTR is fully suitable to explain the Oumuamua mystery, in all details.
Its not necessary to compute a Oumuamua orbit etc. right now..

This mystery is so strange, - because of the illusion that ONLY Oumuamua is affected and obviously nothing else in the Universe.
It was excactly the same kind problem we was facing when discovering the Flyby anomalies and the Piooner anomalies.
WHY was the earth or other objects not effected was all scientist asking each other.

Remember now the internet is full of ideas claiming that it MUST be aliens that is controlling Oumuamua, such statements is not what you only will hear near pubs late weekend nights, - but now from respected scientist.
WHY - because this mystery is really STRANGE... and because we have NOTHING, - nothing at all, excepts aliens, to prevent our paradigm, - and then me of course.

There are serveral mysteries connected with Oumuamua , - The MTR solves all.
MTR is not a desperate theory, - that somebody suddenly was pulling out of his hat to solve a sudden problem with our paradigm - - MTR is olderas Oumuamua, and MTR solves PLENT of small and huge problems with our paradigm...
If scientist had read and respected the theory before, they should have seen this coming.

And you know what, - there could very well be many Oumuamua out there, following completely stange orbits, similar to Oumuamua ..

Hans we have discusses strange orbit for years now, - how long can you resists down to earth logic ?
Bjarne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2019, 01:10 PM   #82
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 12,448
Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post

Hans we have discusses strange orbit for years now, - how long can you resists down to earth logic ?
That's some nerve using the bolded word in this thread.

Your whole premise went TU quite a ways back.
__________________
"When a man who is honestly mistaken, hears the truth, he will either cease being mistaken or cease being honest." - Anonymous

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2019, 01:18 PM   #83
phunk
Illuminator
 
phunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,017
Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
It's amazing how arbitrary units like meters and seconds end up fitting so perfectly into an equation like that.
phunk is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2019, 01:36 PM   #84
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity
 
Crossbow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Charleston, WV
Posts: 12,715
Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
Your own chart is also misleading because the deceleration never take place, RR and DFA are counteracting each other in the Dark Flow - if the Dark Flow speed is too low, DFA dominate, - and described as EDFA
Just see is as 2 forces counteracting each other (more or less, most of the time) , - the deceleration issue is really not relevant, because it will not take place .
You do not know what you are talking about.
__________________
On 22 JUL 2016, Candidate Donald Trump in his acceptance speech: "There can be no prosperity without law and order."
On 05 FEB 2019, President Donald Trump said in his Sate of the Union Address: "If there is going to be peace and legislation, there cannot be war and investigation."
On 15 FEB 2019 'BobTheCoward' said: "I constantly assert I am a fool."
A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2019, 01:55 PM   #85
phunk
Illuminator
 
phunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,017
Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
Remember now the internet is full of ideas claiming that it MUST be aliens that is controlling Oumuamua, such statements is not what you only will hear near pubs late weekend nights, - but now from respected scientist.
Can you provide one example of a respected scientist who said it MUST be aliens?
phunk is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2019, 02:02 PM   #86
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing
 
MRC_Hans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 22,177
Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
Everyone can make a easy rough calculation, and easy conclude that this theory and the forces in play , is matching the bill, MTR is fully suitable to explain the Oumuamua mystery, in all details.
Its not necessary to compute a Oumuamua orbit etc. right now..

This mystery is so strange, - because of the illusion that ONLY Oumuamua is affected and obviously nothing else in the Universe.
It was excactly the same kind problem we was facing when discovering the Flyby anomalies and the Piooner anomalies.
WHY was the earth or other objects not effected was all scientist asking each other.

Remember now the internet is full of ideas claiming that it MUST be aliens that is controlling Oumuamua, such statements is not what you only will hear near pubs late weekend nights, - but now from respected scientist.
WHY - because this mystery is really STRANGE... and because we have NOTHING, - nothing at all, excepts aliens, to prevent our paradigm, - and then me of course.

There are serveral mysteries connected with Oumuamua , - The MTR solves all.
MTR is not a desperate theory, - that somebody suddenly was pulling out of his hat to solve a sudden problem with our paradigm - - MTR is olderas Oumuamua, and MTR solves PLENT of small and huge problems with our paradigm...
If scientist had read and respected the theory before, they should have seen this coming.

And you know what, - there could very well be many Oumuamua out there, following completely stange orbits, similar to Oumuamua ..

Hans we have discusses strange orbit for years now, - how long can you resists down to earth logic ?
You have no logic. Just claims you can't support.

Hans
__________________
Experience is an excellent teacher, but she sends large bills.
MRC_Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2019, 03:45 PM   #87
W.D.Clinger
Illuminator
 
W.D.Clinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,574
Originally Posted by phunk View Post
Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
It's amazing how arbitrary units like meters and seconds end up fitting so perfectly into an equation like that.
Bjarne is claiming
RR = 3.28083989501312335958005249343832020997375... ft/s2 (1 - 1/(sqrt(1 - v2/c2)))
where 3.28083989501312335958005249343832020997375... abbreviates that sequence of digits (including the leading 3) repeated infinitely.

By international agreement, 1 foot is exactly 0.3048 meters, so 1 meter is exactly 1/(.3048) = 1250/381 feet, and the rational number 1250/381 is exactly equal to that repeating decimal. So Bjarne is telling us 1250/381 is a fundamental constant of the universe, just like 374740572500/381 (which is 299792458 divided by 0.3048).

Bjarne: Did you obtain your constant 3.28083989501312335958005249343832020997375... via measurement? Or was it a seat-of-your-pants calculation?
W.D.Clinger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2019, 05:08 PM   #88
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 25,067
Thumbs down More of the same nonsense from Bjarne

Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
The Pioneer anomaly ....
More of the same nonsense from Bjarne.
9 January 2019 Bjarne: A delusion that the valid explanation of the Pioneer anomaly is related to 'Oumuamua.

Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
Now HARVARD claims that aliens was controlling Oumuamua in and out of our solar system.
9 January 2019 Bjarne: Ignorance about the source of and 'Oumuamua solar sail speculation.
Harvard is a university which is irrelevant.
The 2 authors of Could Solar Radiation Pressure Explain 'Oumuamua's Peculiar Acceleration? work at the Harvard Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics which is irrelevant.
Their 'Oumuamua solar sail idea is an uncontrolled solar sail that is debris from an alien spacecraft travelling between planets in another solar system.
Quote:
Considering an artificial origin, one possibility is that
‘Oumuamua is a lightsail, floating in interstellar space as a debris
from an advanced technological equipment (Loeb 2018).
Their more exotic scenario is an "unmanned", not controlled by aliens, probe sent here intentionally.

7 January 2019 Bjarne: Usual delusion that merely repeating your delusions makes them correct.
7 January 2019 Bjarne: ʻOumuamua insanity and ignorance.
7 January 2019 Bjarne: An insane "0,01 ns SR anomaly" question and lie when he is ignorant about the orbits of Galileo 5 & 6 and cannot make a prediction.
7 January 2019 Bjarne: Basically lies about the 'Oumuamua is a solar sail speculation.
7 January 2019 Bjarne: A "many other scientist disagree" lie about the origin of 'Oumuamua.
7 January 2019 Bjarne: "Oumuamua strange acceleration simply just is caused by EDFA" delusions and a graphic from his web site on the trajectory of 'Oumuamua.

Last edited by Reality Check; 9th January 2019 at 05:10 PM.
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2019, 05:13 PM   #89
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 25,067
Thumbs down Lies again that his delusions explain the pioneer anomaly

Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
As I see it: both the pioneer anomaly ...
9 January 2019 Bjarne: Lies again that his delusions explain the pioneer anomaly.

Last edited by Reality Check; 9th January 2019 at 05:18 PM.
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2019, 05:32 PM   #90
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 25,067
Thumbs down Usual gibberish and then a deep "EXACTLY what MTR predict" delusion

Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
....This is EXCACTLY, - 100% EXACTLY what MTR predict.
9 January 2019 Bjarne: Usual gibberish and then a deep "EXACTLY what MTR predict" delusion.
A rational physical prediction for the effects of whatever caused or is causing a debated dark flow of galaxies billion of light years away would be nothing! All the forces in physics have an inverse square or worse law. High school students know F = GmM/r^2 and what it means as distances increase .

A rational scientific post from Bjarne would be to plug the force needed for the acceleration of 'Oumuamua and say Earth's mass (way too big but we do not know 'Oumuamua's mass) into F = GmM/r^2. That will give a mass needed to explain the trajectory. Now use that mass to see what happens to the galaxies in dark flow.
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2019, 05:37 PM   #91
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 25,067
Exclamation 10? years of this insanely wrong equation

Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
9 January 2019 Bjarne: 10? years of this insanely wrong equation!
Units of measures are not included in scientific equations for the simple reason that multiple units of measure exist.
The equation is physically insane because particle accelerators such as the Large Hadron Collider exist. Bjarne has been predicting for at least a decade that they cannot work !

Last edited by Reality Check; 9th January 2019 at 05:40 PM.
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2019, 05:54 PM   #92
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 25,067
Thumbs down A spate of his usual gibberish ends in a stupid delusion of Oumuamua returning

Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
Space must have some kind of elastic nature ...
9 January 2019 Bjarne: A spate of his usual gibberish ends in a stupid delusion of 'Oumuamua returning.

'Oumuamua will not return according to textbook physics.

'Oumuamua will not return even with Bjarne's delusions as shown by the graph from his crank web site. He should try to understand what he posts. 'Oumuamua has a trajectory that is away from the Solar System in the "east" direction. His delusions accelerate 'Oumuamua to the "south" and as he writes "the trajectory is gradually forced horizontal". 'Oumuamua will always have a velocity component outward from the Solar System.
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2019, 06:07 PM   #93
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 25,067
Question Gibberish, a lie and abysmal ignorance about 'Oumuamua.

Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
Everyone can make a easy rough calculation,...
9 January 2019 Bjarne: Gibberish, a lie and abysmal ignorance about 'Oumuamua.
'Oumuamua is not in an orbit. 'Oumuamua has a strongly hyperbolic trajectory showing that it is not bound to the Sun and is leaving the Solar System.

A lie because if his MTR delusion "is fully suitable to explain the Oumuamua mystery, in all details" then where are the details . That need not be his fantasy of matching the strongly hyperbolic trajectory of 'Oumuamua. The signs are that he is too ignorant to do that. All he has to do apply his MTR delusion to give a number for the acceleration.
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2019, 06:18 PM   #94
MEequalsIxR
Muse
 
MEequalsIxR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 530
Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
[snip]

WHY - because this mystery is really STRANGE... and because we have NOTHING, - nothing at all, excepts aliens, to prevent our paradigm, - and then me of course.

[snip]

How lucky we are to have you.

Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
[snip]

MTR is not a desperate theory, - that somebody suddenly was pulling out of his hat to solve a sudden problem with our paradigm - - [snip]
It's not exactly your hat I think you're pulling all this out of.
MEequalsIxR is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2019, 06:20 PM   #95
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 25,067
Originally Posted by Crossbow View Post
This foolish chart that you have presented numerous times never did make sense to me from the start because I could tell it was in error.
Good point, Crossbow. I have been charitably assuming for the last decade or so that the graph was mislabeled and ignored it. But Bjarne's reply to you implies that he has no idea what his insanely invalid equation produces - what a surprise .

Thus:
9 January 2019 Bjarne: v^2/c^2 is < 1 for v < c so what is 1 - v^2/c^2? The square root? The reciprocal? 1 - that?
My answers:
  • 1 - v^2/c^2 is a number less than 1.
  • The square root of a number less than 1 is a number less than 1.
  • The reciprocal of a number less than 1 is a number greater than 1.
  • 1 minus a number greater than 1 is a number less than zero.
    We call that a negative number.
Your answers?

9 January 2019 Bjarne: Explain how an equation producing negative values is plotted as positive values in a graph?

P.S. Bjarne: Check your spelling: Relativistic.

Last edited by Reality Check; 9th January 2019 at 06:25 PM.
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2019, 07:07 PM   #96
halleyscomet
Philosopher
 
halleyscomet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 9,788


He claims an 8 year old can do the math to apply his ideas but he canít do it himself.

My gob, it is smacked.
__________________
Look what I found! There's this whole web site full of skeptics that spun off from the James Randy Education Foundation!
halleyscomet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2019, 01:00 AM   #97
Bjarne
Illuminator
 
Bjarne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,178
Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
Good point, Crossbow. I have been charitably assuming for the last decade or so that the graph was mislabeled and ignored it. But Bjarne's reply to you implies that he has no idea what his insanely invalid equation produces - what a surprise .

Thus:
9 January 2019 Bjarne: v^2/c^2 is < 1 for v < c so what is 1 - v^2/c^2? The square root? The reciprocal? 1 - that?
My answers:
  • 1 - v^2/c^2 is a number less than 1.
  • The square root of a number less than 1 is a number less than 1.
  • The reciprocal of a number less than 1 is a number greater than 1.
  • 1 minus a number greater than 1 is a number less than zero.
    We call that a negative number.
Your answers?

9 January 2019 Bjarne: Explain how an equation producing negative values is plotted as positive values in a graph?

P.S. Bjarne: Check your spelling: Relativistic.
In this regards RR and DFA represent 2 different forces counteracting each other. You can show this just like 2 oppesite forces. The the deceleration never happen, - deceleration is only a potentiel possibility.
Bjarne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2019, 01:05 AM   #98
Bjarne
Illuminator
 
Bjarne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,178
Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
9 January 2019 Bjarne: 10? years of this insanely wrong equation!
Units of measures are not included in scientific equations for the simple reason that multiple units of measure exist.
The equation is physically insane because particle accelerators such as the Large Hadron Collider exist. Bjarne has been predicting for at least a decade that they cannot work !
BS,
The orbit speed of LHC will just be a little less as you think
You just need a little exstra force to reach the speed you want.
Agian no deceleration will happen.
Its NOT a escalating effect, and therefore tiny
Bjarne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2019, 01:13 AM   #99
Bjarne
Illuminator
 
Bjarne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,178
Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
9 January 2019 Bjarne: 10? years of this insanely wrong equation!
Units of measures are not included in scientific equations for the simple reason that multiple units of measure exist.
The equation is physically insane because particle accelerators such as the Large Hadron Collider exist. Bjarne has been predicting for at least a decade that they cannot work !
So now tell us all WHAT on earth does speed of an object have to do with the time dilation.
The fact that you dont understand anything of that process of what is going on, does not mean such equation is wrong.

This is also the case with the RR factor
Bjarne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2019, 01:25 AM   #100
Bjarne
Illuminator
 
Bjarne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,178
Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
[b] 'Oumuamua to the "south" and as he writes "the trajectory is gradually forced horizontal". 'Oumuamua will always have a velocity component outward from the Solar System.
The orbit of Oumuamua will never be flattened completely south, - the orbit is just very temporary pulled south, - the relative remarkabel strong mysterious force south (EDFA) is rapidly decreasing, - as I say this is kinder garden math to figure out. - The force of the sun is much strong a, so Oumuamua will go in orbit, and one day fall down from north agian.

However the next you will hear from the most respected University is that there must me aliens on board on Oumuamua and now they suddenly got a huge problems with the master solar sail. And the next that happens is that all antennas on earth will try to cath mayday signal from Oumuamua ..

Last edited by Bjarne; 10th January 2019 at 03:22 AM.
Bjarne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2019, 04:46 AM   #101
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity
 
Crossbow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Charleston, WV
Posts: 12,715
Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
In this regards RR and DFA represent 2 different forces counteracting each other. You can show this just like 2 oppesite forces. The the deceleration never happen, - deceleration is only a potentiel possibility.
So stop making worthless assertions and mathematically show that you know what are talking about.
__________________
On 22 JUL 2016, Candidate Donald Trump in his acceptance speech: "There can be no prosperity without law and order."
On 05 FEB 2019, President Donald Trump said in his Sate of the Union Address: "If there is going to be peace and legislation, there cannot be war and investigation."
On 15 FEB 2019 'BobTheCoward' said: "I constantly assert I am a fool."
A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2019, 10:08 AM   #102
Bjarne
Illuminator
 
Bjarne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,178
I tried to do some rough calculation today and saw I have overlooked one very important aspect that also belong to this discussion.

The image and text below is a 3 years old copy / paste.
I am mentioned this just to insure you all that I do not need to invent new principles all the time we have new astrophysics problems or challenges, - the MTR theory is indeed complete, and invincible.


Principle 3 - RRPKE
RR is a reversible process.
This means that if no force pushes / pulls an object (further) towards the RR direction (see principle 4), the object will decelerate.
The RR affecting an object can be compared to a retracted arrow.
All that is required for the retracted, potential, kinetic energy of the arrow to be released is that the force of the string is released (which also illustrates that motion opposite DFD will cause less RR, also simple to calculate based on the Lorentz equation).
Release of Retracted Potential Kinetic Energy (in short RRPKE) will affect any object moving more or less away from DFD (or any other RR affected direction) , depending on the angle of movement away from DFD.


Source: http://www.internationalskeptics.com...highlight=edfa

The point here is: that the Sun was pulling Oumuamua downwards towards the Dark Flow direction during hundred of years, - Due to the downwards pull/ force of the Sun Oumuamua was increasing its absolutte speed, - and hence much stronger effected by RR as for example, the Sun or the orbiting planets.
Right after Oumuamua was reaching perihelion, and begun to change motion direction (north) (oppesite Dark Flow) - the absolute motion speed of Oumuamua was dramatical reduced and hence Release of Retracted Potential Kinetic Energy (in short RRPKE) begun to happen.

A large part of the upwards acceleration is therefore originated from the force of the Sun, - So we have serveral forces in play here.

This is indeed a very complicated aspect of astrophysics, - since we are dealing with
  • EDFA
  • RR
  • DFA
  • RRKE

And some effecting Oumuamua from different directions..

Last edited by Bjarne; 10th January 2019 at 10:12 AM.
Bjarne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2019, 11:23 AM   #103
halleyscomet
Philosopher
 
halleyscomet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 9,788
Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
The orbit of Oumuamua will never be flattened completely south, - the orbit is just very temporary pulled south, - the relative remarkabel strong mysterious force south (EDFA) is rapidly decreasing, - as I say this is kinder garden math to figure out. - The force of the sun is much strong a, so Oumuamua will go in orbit, and one day fall down from north agian.

However the next you will hear from the most respected University is that there must me aliens on board on Oumuamua and now they suddenly got a huge problems with the master solar sail. And the next that happens is that all antennas on earth will try to cath mayday signal from Oumuamua ..


You have a vivid imagination. Have you ever considered writing science fiction and publishing it as such?

It would likely get you more attention and readers than your half-arsed efforts at overturning established science.
__________________
Look what I found! There's this whole web site full of skeptics that spun off from the James Randy Education Foundation!
halleyscomet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2019, 12:33 PM   #104
Bjarne
Illuminator
 
Bjarne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,178
Originally Posted by halleyscomet View Post
You have a vivid imagination. Have you ever considered writing science fiction and publishing it as such?

It would likely get you more attention and readers than your half-arsed efforts at overturning established science.
Impossible to compete with the professionals https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sef4YT2s6i4
Bjarne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2019, 02:18 PM   #105
halleyscomet
Philosopher
 
halleyscomet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 9,788
Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
Impossible to compete with the professionals

Well thatís a defeatist attitude if I ever saw one. Of course, you are the guy who insists you can unseat General Relativity with a bunch of bluster and claims that an 8 year old can do the math, all while being unable to do the math yourself, so a defeatist attitude is not unexpected. Youíve shown yourself very good at the bragging, but incapable of the doing.
__________________
Look what I found! There's this whole web site full of skeptics that spun off from the James Randy Education Foundation!
halleyscomet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2019, 04:00 PM   #106
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 25,067
Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
In this regards ....
Irrelevant gibberish. Or is this ignorance of high school level arithmetic?
10 January 2019 Bjarne: v^2/c^2 is < 1 for v < c so what is 1 - v^2/c^2? The square root? The reciprocal? 1 - that?
10 January 2019 Bjarne: Explain how an equation producing negative values is plotted as positive values in a graph

Last edited by Reality Check; 10th January 2019 at 04:02 PM.
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2019, 04:31 PM   #107
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 25,067
Thumbs down Insane statement that no deceleration will happen at LHC according to his delusions

Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
...
Agian no deceleration will happen.
11 January 2019 Bjarne: An insane statement that no deceleration will happen at LHC, etc. according to his delusions!

This is an insane statement because a child could plug in the speed of particles in accelerators such as the LHC into his RR "equation" .
The LHC accelerates particles to 0.999999990 c. That child might go:
v/c = 0.999999990.
Square that: 0.9999999800000001
1 - this = 0.0000000199999999
Take the square root: 1.414213558837561138449533708741e-4
Take the reciprocal: 7071.067829543144839963392743522
1 - 7071 = -7070 with Bjarne's random units of m/s^2.

Bjarne's RR equation gives a deceleration of -7070 of m/s^2 of LHC particles !

Now look at your graph, Bjarne, which has microgal with a "RR" going up to 200 microgal which is 0.0000002 m/s^2. It would be insane to state that that this "RR" has observable effects when an RR a billion times stronger has no effects. The obvious way to remove the insanity is to state that even an RR of a billion microgal has no measurable effects.

A further point is the particle accelerators have magnets that are tuned to accelerate particles when they arrive. If they do not arrive on time at the correct volume in the magnet then they are lost to the system. The fact that particle accelerators work and especially that the LHC works shows that only the textbook physics is operating.
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2019, 04:37 PM   #108
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 25,067
Thumbs down A completely ignorant and rather deluded question about time dilation

Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
So now tell us all WHAT on earth does speed of an object have to do with the time dilation.
11 January 2018 Bjarne: A completely ignorant and rather deluded question about time dilation (my post was about units and acceleration).

The other ignorance/delusion is not knowing about the speed of an object and time dilation (basic special relativity)
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2019, 04:58 PM   #109
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 25,067
Thumbs down Abysmal ignorance about 'Oumuamua is becoming insane ignorance

Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
The orbit of Oumuamua will never be flattened completely south,... ..
A spate of his usual gibberish ignoring
10 January 2019 Bjarne: A spate of his usual gibberish ends in a stupid delusion of 'Oumuamua returning.

This is the high school physics that an acceleration in one direction ("south") does not change the orthogonal velocity ("east"). Thus 'Oumuamua will always have a velocity component outward from the Solar System.

11 January 2019 Bjarne: Abysmal ignorance about 'Oumuamua is becoming insane ignorance ('Oumuamua was not, is not and never will be in orbit around the Sun).
One more time in the hopes that you will learn some physics, Bjarne, rather than repeating statements that are insanely wrong:

This is 'Oumuamua which has a strongly hyperbolic trajectory.

This is a hyperbolic trajectory
Quote:
In astrodynamics or celestial mechanics, a hyperbolic trajectory is the trajectory of any object around a central body with more than enough speed to escape the central object's gravitational pull.
'Oumuamua has a strongly hyperbolic trajectory and will escape from the Sun.
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2019, 05:04 PM   #110
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 25,067
Exclamation Idiocy of a "kinder garden math to figure out" post with no math at all

Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
as I say this is kinder garden math to figure out. - .
11 January 2019 Bjarne: Idiocy of a "kinder garden math to figure out" post with no math at all !
Bjarne is implying that Bjarne cannot do kindergarten math.

Recent evidence is that Bjarne cannot do quite basic math (multiplication, division, subtraction, square root).
10 January 2019 Bjarne: v^2/c^2 is < 1 for v < c so what is 1 - v^2/c^2? The square root? The reciprocal? 1 - that?
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2019, 05:10 PM   #111
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 25,067
Thumbs down Complete and invincible idiocy about his delusions

Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
I tried to do some rough calculation today...
11 January 2019 Bjarne: Complete and invincible idiocy about his delusions.
Adding to what we already know is ignorant delusions is idiotic.
Forgetting about that addition for 3 years is idiotic.
A stupid archer cartoon with no explanation is idiotic.
No physics or math is idiotic.
Ignorant fantasies about 'Oumuamua are idiotic.
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2019, 05:20 PM   #112
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 25,067
Thumbs down A stupid lie that science is science fiction or his ignorant delusions

Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
Impossible to compete with the professionals https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sef4YT2s6i4
11 January 2019 Bjarne: A stupid lie that science is science fiction or comparable to his ignorant delusions.

These professionals did valid physics and actual mathematics using real world observations of 'Oumuamua. Their rational scientific result was that if solar radiation pressure caused the acceleration of 'Oumuamua then 'Oumuamua is thin spread out body. Their rational scientific conclusion was that that was a strange but viable shape for a natural interstellar object. Their rational scientific speculation was that it could be a discarded solar sail that originated from another system. Another rational scientific speculation was that it was an alien probe.
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2019, 11:18 PM   #113
Bjarne
Illuminator
 
Bjarne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,178
Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
11 January 2019 Bjarne: An insane statement that no deceleration will happen at LHC, etc. according to his delusions!

This is an insane statement because a child could plug in the speed of particles in accelerators such as the LHC into his RR "equation" .
The LHC accelerates particles to 0.999999990 c. That child might go:
v/c = 0.999999990.
Square that: 0.9999999800000001
1 - this = 0.0000000199999999
Take the square root: 1.414213558837561138449533708741e-4
Take the reciprocal: 7071.067829543144839963392743522
1 - 7071 = -7070 with Bjarne's random units of m/s^2.

Bjarne's RR equation gives a deceleration of -7070 of m/s^2 of LHC particles !

Now look at your graph, Bjarne, which has microgal with a "RR" going up to 200 microgal which is 0.0000002 m/s^2. It would be insane to state that that this "RR" has observable effects when an RR a billion times stronger has no effects. The obvious way to remove the insanity is to state that even an RR of a billion microgal has no measurable effects.

A further point is the particle accelerators have magnets that are tuned to accelerate particles when they arrive. If they do not arrive on time at the correct volume in the magnet then they are lost to the system. The fact that particle accelerators work and especially that the LHC works shows that only the textbook physics is operating.
My dear, after 7 years here at the thread and 17 years at a University, you still misunderstood the fact that; so long there is a resulting force acting on the particle the speed of the particle will correspond to the force.

If a deceleration should take place the force of RR MUST be stronger as the force the LCH exert on the particle.

The fact that this is not the case, due to the fact that the RR force is comparable ridiculous low force, the result is that the speed of the LHC particles will just be ridiculous lower as expected.

This is about Newtons second low, - its about the resulting force.

Its something 10 years old schoolboys long ago have understood. - Why not you ?

Last edited by Bjarne; 10th January 2019 at 11:42 PM.
Bjarne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2019, 11:30 PM   #114
Bjarne
Illuminator
 
Bjarne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,178
Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
In this context there is no deceleration, but rather 2 forces.
A force cannot be negative that would ne NONSENCE

Furthermore its seems that you dont understand that from one perspective an object can be decelerating from another perspective the same object is accelerating.
Bjarne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2019, 11:40 PM   #115
Bjarne
Illuminator
 
Bjarne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,178
Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
11 January 2018 Bjarne: A completely ignorant and rather deluded question about time dilation (my post was about units and acceleration).

The other ignorance/delusion is not knowing about the speed of an object and time dilation (basic special relativity)
If you really knew what relativity was about then tell us all what is the cause-effect of time dilation.

Its is not enough to say:, - because of relative motion bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla.

Tell me as i wrote, the cause-effect of that strange phenomena.

And tell WHAT is the curvature of space made of

Tell me also what is the cause effect of the curvature of space.

Again, I don’t need bla bla bla
I need the cause -effect for these 3 phenomena’s..

You cannot, because this theory is full of huge holes of emptiness.
Many have accepted the theory, - but don’t tell me anyone have understood what this theory really is about.


'

Last edited by Bjarne; 10th January 2019 at 11:43 PM.
Bjarne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th January 2019, 03:08 AM   #116
wollery
Protected by Samurai Hedgehogs!
 
wollery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 10,865
Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
In this context there is no deceleration, but rather 2 forces.

A force cannot be negative that would ne NONSENCE
Forces are vectors, of course they can be negative.

Otherwise, what exactly is the difference between acceleration and deceleration?

Also, it's a bit rich of you to complain that negative values are nonsense when it's your equation that's producing the negative values.
__________________
"You're a sick SOB. You know that, Wollery?" - Roadtoad

"Just think how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are even stupider!" --George Carlin

Last edited by wollery; 11th January 2019 at 03:13 AM.
wollery is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th January 2019, 03:09 AM   #117
wollery
Protected by Samurai Hedgehogs!
 
wollery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 10,865
Double post
__________________
"You're a sick SOB. You know that, Wollery?" - Roadtoad

"Just think how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are even stupider!" --George Carlin

Last edited by wollery; 11th January 2019 at 03:10 AM.
wollery is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th January 2019, 10:25 AM   #118
Bjarne
Illuminator
 
Bjarne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,178
Originally Posted by wollery View Post
Forces are vectors, of course they can be negative.

Otherwise, what exactly is the difference between acceleration and deceleration?

Also, it's a bit rich of you to complain that negative values are nonsense when it's your equation that's producing the negative values.
Acceleration and deceleration is the result of a force
Bjarne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th January 2019, 10:44 AM   #119
Belz...
Fiend God
 
Belz...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the details
Posts: 84,457
Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
So you think they allready now can discover a 0,01 ns SR anomaly ?
It's 2019, Bjarne. Just admit that you were wrong.
__________________
Master of the Shining Darkness

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward


Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th January 2019, 11:05 AM   #120
Bjarne
Illuminator
 
Bjarne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,178
I did some calculation of the mysterious Oumuamua acceleration
To my big surprise I need a force almost 100 times stronger as the MTR predict.
I checked the data agian and again but the forces was indeed much too weak.
Then suddenly tonight the solution striked me.

I discovered a new aspect of the theory, - not quite new, but rather overlooked aspect of an old principle.
This aspect is a Principle 3 aspect http://www.internationalskeptics.com...&postcount=102

So long Oumuamua is under the Sun, the upwards acceleration of the Sun will simply counteract a large part of the Dark Flow Acceleration affecting Oumuamua , this is allowing a huge part (maybe) all of the Retracted Potential Kinetic Energy connected to the Dark Flow to be Released, - or rather to start a releasing process. The result is a SIGNIFICANT acceleration.

This aspect is a HUGE step forward for the MTR theory, - now it predict a remarkable strong upwards acceleration also for the ISS, during the period the ISS is under the Earth ( south)

It opens the doors to how the MTR in a cheap way can be further confirmed. (satellites experiment VERY close to Earth).
Such will blow a GIGANTIC hole in the prevailing theory of relativity, that never never never agian will be the same.
TODAY is a GREAT day.

Last edited by Bjarne; 11th January 2019 at 11:09 AM.
Bjarne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:09 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.