ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Brilliant Light Power , free energy , Randell Mills

Old 28th February 2019, 10:07 AM   #121
jrhowell
Muse

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
That was 10 years ago. I don't see any reference to UV being generated these days and, indeed, there have been plenty of YouTube videos showing people observing reactions, seemingly without any protection from the UV.

Is this still a current claim?
I believe so. Apparently the Hydrino reaction produces a special form of UV radiation that it can be detected even by devices that are deemed incapable doing so by their manufacturer, and is also safe enough that the BLP workforce does not need to use UV protective glasses.

It's too bad that the person with the sunburn didn't post a selfie photo so that markie could use it to come up with an estimate of the energy produced.

Last edited by jrhowell; 28th February 2019 at 10:10 AM.
jrhowell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th February 2019, 10:26 AM   #122
whoanellie
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
It did just occur to me, "HydrinO's" would be a great name for a breakfast cereal. "Try HydrinO's, the new high energy, low calorie, water based breakfast cereal!"
Wouldn't it be a low energy cereal?
whoanellie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th February 2019, 10:28 AM   #123
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by whoanellie View Post
Wouldn't it be a low energy cereal?
It'd be low calorie; you'd have a choice between half a bowl, a third of a bowl, a quarter of a bowl...

Dave

- Myriad
Dave Rogers is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th February 2019, 11:11 AM   #124
markie
Graduate Poster

This is something I've not seen discussed before: https://www.heise.de/tp/features/Bre...n-3420509.html

That was 10 years ago. I don't see any reference to UV being generated these days and, indeed, there have been plenty of YouTube videos showing people observing reactions, seemingly without any protection from the UV.

Is this still a current claim?
Certainly it is. It is still a claim that the primary reaction emits in the UV, mostly in the eUV and soft X-ray.

The reaction environment now is different than it was in 2008 however. In 2008 the gas - plasma was thin enough to be optically thin and relatively transparent to UV. Back then the company was appropriately called BlackLight Power. The light emitted was primarily invisible. UV is easily attenuated by air, so any UV going through the quartz containment would be mostly stopped and any sunburn would be minor. Besides, at that time, the power density of the reaction was low.

Starting with the SunCell type of reaction c2014, the reaction environment has changed. The plasma is relatively thick to better conduct the high current. The eUV of the primary reaction thus gets absorbed and reemitted by the plasma as lower energy, brilliant light. Hence the name change to BrilliantLight Power.
markie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th February 2019, 07:05 PM   #125
Hans
Philosopher

Originally Posted by markie View Post
Certainly it is. It is still a claim that the primary reaction emits in the UV, mostly in the eUV and soft X-ray.

The reaction environment now is different than it was in 2008 however. In 2008 the gas - plasma was thin enough to be optically thin and relatively transparent to UV. Back then the company was appropriately called BlackLight Power. The light emitted was primarily invisible. UV is easily attenuated by air, so any UV going through the quartz containment would be mostly stopped and any sunburn would be minor. Besides, at that time, the power density of the reaction was low.

Starting with the SunCell type of reaction c2014, the reaction environment has changed. The plasma is relatively thick to better conduct the high current. The eUV of the primary reaction thus gets absorbed and reemitted by the plasma as lower energy, brilliant light. Hence the name change to BrilliantLight Power.

markie how long do you think it will be before they change the name again to:

Weburnmoney Power?
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2019, 11:56 AM   #126
JeanTate
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
That suggests a bit of stupidity from Professor Randy Booker because Mills math skills are not the real issue. We have no evidence that Mills cannot do basic math. It is the ignorance, delusions and lies in his GUTCP book that is the real issue.

Professor Randy Booker should know not to waste his time with Mills' crank theory. Booker's field of expertise is the rotational spectra of molecules. He knows about spectra in general and the fact that no one has even observed any spectra from Mills' hydrino delusion.

Professor Randy Booker is one of the validators for BLP and did a 2016 report on a calorimeter experiment. That is dubious because he is not a calorimeter expert.
Just as some over in the BLP sub-Reddit suspect markie of being a deep skeptic, so I'm beginning to think Booker may be a deep skeptic (of Mills' BBoBB) too.

For example, from what I've reviewed so far:
  • Booker identifies quite a few disagreements (in values, not equations) yet almost never investigates them
  • There's no mention of uncertainties ("error bars"), anywhere; for someone who specialized in rotational spectra, this sticks out like a sore thumb
  • Booker apparently did not check any of Mills' quoted "experimental values", not that they match with the actual ones, nor whether sources are quoted (this is a bit unclear)
I wonder if Booker got paid to write these reports?

Last edited by JeanTate; 2nd March 2019 at 12:00 PM.
JeanTate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2019, 12:09 PM   #127
JeanTate
Master Poster

Originally Posted by JeanTate View Post
<snip>

Once again I'd like to thank SB for the suggestion about a civil discussion. My experience, so far, is that it's pretty one-sided: I post in the BLP sub-Reddit, but no one there posts here (optiongeek aside; she obviously knows I am an ISF member who has actively participated in this thread and its predecessors).
I've ventured into three of the BLP sub-Reddit discussions/threads, so far with the same results ... only WupWup9r and optiongeek seriously engage with me (not counting the Mills/BLP skeptics who do). I do not know if markie posts there (not by that name, for sure, but another handle?), but based on what he's posted here he seems to know far more (or pretends to anyway) than any fan over there (optiongeek aside).
JeanTate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2019, 12:49 PM   #128
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

I've ventured into three of the BLP sub-Reddit discussions/threads, so far with the same results ... only WupWup9r and optiongeek seriously engage with me (not counting the Mills/BLP skeptics who do). I do not know if markie posts there (not by that name, for sure, but another handle?), but based on what he's posted here he seems to know far more (or pretends to anyway) than any fan over there (optiongeek aside).
Interesting question. How is it that markie claims to have such intimacy with Mills and every little thing he does (which ain't a whole hill of beans in the first place?)

Either markie is making it up out of whale cloth? Or markie is a shill for Mills? Or markie is eternally gullible and has a vested interest? Or markie is not who he claims to be? Or is markie simply another internat troll? Or something else?

Having been through the Steorn fiasco, I know for a fact that all of these are equally likely. In that case, there were those religious believers, those who became disenchanted, Those who harboured some hope, the sceptics, and astonished observers. When it all folded in no uncertain terms, the true blue believers still cling to it for reasons I cannot fathom.

There is nothing that will extract them from their faith. Not facts, not reality, not even abject failure.

It is rather odd.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2019, 01:37 PM   #129
W.D.Clinger
Illuminator

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Having been through the Steorn fiasco, I know for a fact that all of these are equally likely. In that case, there were those religious believers, those who became disenchanted, Those who harboured some hope, the sceptics, and astonished observers. When it all folded in no uncertain terms, the true blue believers still cling to it for reasons I cannot fathom.

There is nothing that will extract them from their faith. Not facts, not reality, not even abject failure.
Without speculating on the motives of individuals...

Possession of special knowledge, known only to a gifted or chosen few, seems to be a strangely powerful component of personal identity for some people. In this subforum, we see people who feel special because of their knowledge of science, mathematics, medicine, and technology, but that kind of knowledge isn't all that special when it is taught in schools and relied upon in industry. To be really special, you have to know stuff that goes against the mainstream, at which pseudo-erudite dullards and sheeple scoff. And you aren't super-duper special unless they make fun of you and persecute you. (Martyrdom is the pinnacle, but most true believers retain enough sense to suspect martyrdom isn't as much fun as living on the edge, in constant fear of persecution and martyrdom.)

In short, it's fun to be smug. That, I think, explains why conspiracy theories and fundamentalist religions appeal to a surprisingly large fraction of the population. It also explains why some of the longest-running threads in this subforum run so long.
W.D.Clinger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2019, 10:18 PM   #130
markie
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Interesting question. How is it that markie claims to have such intimacy with Mills and every little thing he does (which ain't a whole hill of beans in the first place?)

Either markie is making it up out of whale cloth? Or markie is a shill for Mills? Or markie is eternally gullible and has a vested interest? Or markie is not who he claims to be? Or is markie simply another internat troll? Or something else?

It is rather odd.
False dichotomy to separate facts from faith. It is a fact that the sun has appeared to rise in the sky every morning you or I have been alive. It is reasonable to have faith that it will continue to do so.

Mills has earned my faith. I've seen what he can do in predictive theory and experiment for almost twenty years now. (Yet I've never met the man nor communicated privately with him or anyone in his company.) Mills himself is a self professed empiricist and will take the results of experiment over theory. Facts, facts facts. That is what impresses me. I am not enamoured by the scientific dogma of the day, even if it has persisted for seventy five years. Nor do I find comfort in the safety of herd mentality. There was I time I did, in both science and even religion, but no more.

I find the skeptic response to Mills 'odd', because I thought that skeptics took evidence seriously and at face value. They do not. They would rather deny that they are facts at all and instead entertain conspiracy theories that Mills and coworkers and validators are trying to fool us. Anything but regard the mainstream institutional view skeptically. Odd indeed, considering that we look back at history and find it easy to admit the mainstream institutional views of the past were often defective.

'Skepticism' - as exhibited here - and institutional religion have more in common than I would have thought. Traditional religion is dogmatism grounded in the past; skepticism as I've seen here is dogmatism grounded in the present. Perhaps freethinkers like myself are grounded in the future.
markie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2019, 12:36 AM   #131
Lukraak_Sisser
Illuminator

Having said that, when is the next date you will predict Mills will fail to deliver something yet again, as he has for the past 31 years?

Which is the fact most associated with him of course.
Lukraak_Sisser is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2019, 12:44 AM   #132
RecoveringYuppy
Philosopher

Mills has earned my faith. I've seen what he can do in predictive theory and experiment for almost twenty years now. (Yet I've never met the man nor communicated privately with him or anyone in his company.)
Then where have you seen this stuff? What exactly have you seen?

I find the skeptic response to Mills 'odd', because I thought that skeptics took evidence seriously and at face value. They do not.
But where is the evidence?? Mills continuously promises it and constantly fails.

Please don't ignore this question again: Why didn't Mills show this evidence to the world last year? He claims to have it readily available and said he show it to the world last year. Last year has come and gone and he didn't show the evidence to world. Why?

Make a fire for a man and you keep him warm for a day. Set him on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2019, 01:32 AM   #133
Red Baron Farms
Illuminator

I've seen what he can do in predictive theory and experiment for almost twenty years now.
And yet you have never seen a hydrino, a hydrino compound, or a working prototype generator powered by hydrinos in all those 20 years.

You even admitted you would eat humble pie and admit that you were wrong about BLP and Mills if yet again he failed to produce a hydrino, a hydrino compound, or a working prototype generator powered by hydrinos by the end of February.

I don't see any humility at all. No admission what so ever that you were wrong about hydrinos or Mills.

In fact Mill's repeated failures seem to have the opposite effect on you. You are becoming ever more arrogant and bold the more Mills fails to produce.

I could see you working up to a religious frenzy soon! Complete with a full Pentecostal "holy roller" episode!

You have already proclaimed,
"Mills has earned my faith."
Faith?Faith in a mortal man? Even Pentecostals are rational enough to understand that if you put your faith in a man, you will be disappointed! Only the insane would be faithful in Mills after 30 years of failure and nothing to show for it at all. Not one single hydrino nor hydrino compound. Nada zip zero.
"Permaculture is a philosophy of working with, rather than against nature; of protracted & thoughtful observation rather than protracted & thoughtless labour; & of looking at plants & animals in all their functions, rather than treating any area as a single-product system." Bill Mollison
Biome Carbon Cycle Management

Last edited by Red Baron Farms; 3rd March 2019 at 01:33 AM.
Red Baron Farms is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2019, 02:45 AM   #134
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

False dichotomy to separate facts from faith. It is a fact that the sun has appeared to rise in the sky every morning you or I have been alive. It is reasonable to have faith that it will continue to do so.
It is equally a fact that Mills has failed to produce a marketable device on every previous occasion that he has promised that one was imminent, and quite reasonable to have faith that he will likewise continue to do so.

Dave

- Myriad
Dave Rogers is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2019, 04:57 AM   #135
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

There was a time when I thought markie and PeterCornswalled might be the same person. But since he's the one who posted the thread about markie trying to discredit Mills either that's incorrect, or the posting of that thread was a next-level bit of trolling.
Old 3rd March 2019, 05:02 AM   #136
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

It is a fact that the sun has appeared to rise in the sky every morning you or I have been alive. It is reasonable to have faith that it will continue to do so.
It is a fact that every time Mills has announced he will bring a product to market he has failed to do so. It is reasonable to have faith that he will continue to do so.
Old 3rd March 2019, 05:53 AM   #137
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Red Baron Farms View Post
And yet you have never seen a hydrino, a hydrino compound, or a working prototype generator powered by hydrinos in all those 20 years.

You even admitted you would eat humble pie and admit that you were wrong about BLP and Mills if yet again he failed to produce a hydrino, a hydrino compound, or a working prototype generator powered by hydrinos by the end of February.

I don't see any humility at all. No admission what so ever that you were wrong about hydrinos or Mills.

In fact Mill's repeated failures seem to have the opposite effect on you. You are becoming ever more arrogant and bold the more Mills fails to produce.

I could see you working up to a religious frenzy soon! Complete with a full Pentecostal "holy roller" episode!

You have already proclaimed,

Faith?Faith in a mortal man? Even Pentecostals are rational enough to understand that if you put your faith in a man, you will be disappointed! Only the insane would be faithful in Mills after 30 years of failure and nothing to show for it at all. Not one single hydrino nor hydrino compound. Nada zip zero.
That appears just a bit glib, but you may have put your finger in the wound. Markie does not care about mere facts, it is a matter of religious faith for him.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2019, 06:12 AM   #138
wollery
Protected by Samurai Hedgehogs!

I just want to know where I can get hold of some whale cloth!

"Just think how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are even stupider!" --George Carlin
wollery is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2019, 07:23 AM   #139
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
Originally Posted by wollery View Post
I just want to know where I can get hold of some whale cloth!
You caught that too, huh?
Old 3rd March 2019, 07:32 AM   #140
markie
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Red Baron Farms View Post
Over the years I've seen hydrino compound and I've seen apparatuses that produced power. No commercial device yet but I'm patient.

Quote:
Faith?Faith in a mortal man? Even Pentecostals are rational enough to understand that if you put your faith in a man, you will be disappointed!
Part of the problem is that people have so little faith in people.
I have faith in humanity, in general. Our species has survived this long and shows great promise, despite failings. Certain individuals have earned an extra portion of my faith, even though I know they make mistakes. Radical I know.
Old 3rd March 2019, 07:35 AM   #141
markie
Graduate Poster

It is a fact that every time Mills has announced he will bring a product to market he has failed to do so. It is reasonable to have faith that he will continue to do so.
Point taken. Perhaps that is why he is no longer announcing. It bodes well.
Old 3rd March 2019, 08:52 AM   #142
JeanTate
Master Poster

<snip>

Mills has earned my faith. I've seen what he can do in predictive theory and experiment for almost twenty years now. (Yet I've never met the man nor communicated privately with him or anyone in his company.) Mills himself is a self professed empiricist and will take the results of experiment over theory. Facts, facts facts. That is what impresses me. <snip>
I would not go so far as to say that it seems you are lying, but I will say that there seem be to some inconsistencies here. And not just in Mills failing to meet his promises.

There are quite a few posts in this, and predecessor, threads which lay out - in considerable detail - mismatches between Mills' "theory" and "the results of experiment" (I'm ignoring the fact that Mills' theory is riddled with inconsistencies). And over in the BLP sub-Reddit, I've posted others (e.g. Mills' theory on the CMB gets the second and third TT acoustic peaks wrong).

Quote:
I find the skeptic response to Mills 'odd', because I thought that skeptics took evidence seriously and at face value. They do not. They would rather deny that they are facts at all and instead entertain conspiracy theories that Mills and coworkers and validators are trying to fool us. <snip>
Similar comment re "validators", with the addition of my examination of one (Booker's PDFs) has revealed serious flaws, so much so that I suspect that, in these documents, he's actually a deep-cover skeptic, signalling to any scientist reading them that he doesn't accept any of it (despite what the words say, at face value).

Last edited by JeanTate; 3rd March 2019 at 08:52 AM. Reason: typos
Old 3rd March 2019, 09:23 AM   #143
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster

Point taken. Perhaps that is why he is no longer announcing. It bodes well.
Actually it doesn't, it simply means that his announcements, or more specifically the lack thereof you remark to, just more accurately reflect his actual lack of capability.

This neither bodes well for his capabilities nor for his honesty as it just demonstrates the historically consistent lack of both. That you quoted Squeegee Beckenheim noting.

Also looking at what they were announcing just this past fall, their continued inability to prevent equipment from burning up, bodes well for neither as well.
Old 3rd March 2019, 10:58 AM   #144
RecoveringYuppy
Philosopher

Over the years I've seen hydrino compound and I've seen apparatuses that produced power.

Where?

Make a fire for a man and you keep him warm for a day. Set him on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2019, 01:08 PM   #145
JeanTate
Master Poster

Over in Reddit, they're not happy with you, markie, not happy at all (""Markie" is trying to make us look like religious zealots" and "What can we do about this low energy loser? Itís sad he feels the need to make us look like fools. What can we do to shut him down?") ...
Old 3rd March 2019, 01:28 PM   #146
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Exclamation A totally obviously "seen hydrino compound" delusion from markie

Over the years I've seen hydrino compound and I've seen apparatuses that produced power.....
A totally obviously "seen hydrino compound" delusion from markie. markie has never said that he has had a can of hydrino compound in his hands !

No one on the world has seen any of Mills delusion of hydrino compounds. There have been experiments that produced anomalous heat that Mills has ignorantly attributed to his delusions. There have been random spectra that Mills has lied about.

markie has apparently never heard of the infernal combustion engine or other "apparatuses that produced power" ! Strictly speaking, this is another delusion because Mills has not produced power, e.g. connected his machines to the electrical grid. What Mills has done is found ways to make things hot.
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2019, 02:14 PM   #147
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

And over in the BLP sub-Reddit, I've posted others (e.g. Mills' theory on the CMB gets the second and third TT acoustic peaks wrong).
I missed this in my 2 years of analysis of Mills book listing the ignorance, lies and delusions in it

2 years ago I noted the basic insanity behind Mills CMB "theory".
7 March 2017: Pages 1497-1498 are a delusion about the CMB and more nonsense.
He has the CMB being emitted by stars and galaxies by "mass to energy conversion" (fusion?) but stars and galaxies are not blackbodies!

Page 1496 starts with Mills' abysmal ignorance about GR and cosmology.
The curvature of spacetime is produced by mass and energy so as a first approximation fusion in stars converting matter into energy does not change curvature.
Stars do not make spacetime expand ("cause spacetime to expand") ! The universe is expanding as a whole, not in bits around stars. One of the basic, well known parts of cosmology is that an expanding universe does not affect gravitationally bound objects such as people, planets , stars, and galaxies.

The rest of page is Mills' insane cosmology (a finite, closed, oscillating universe because he does some deluded math).

Mills "POWER SPECTRUM OF THE COSMIC MICROWAVE BACKGROUN" section starts on page 1519 and actually ignores the measured power spectrum .

Mills ignorantly confuses polarization (E and B modes) of the CMB with its power spectrum. The BICEP2 results were known to be wrong in early 2015. This is a 2016 edition.

Mills lies with "The Universe is a 3-sphere hyperspace of constant positive curvature" (page 1521) when the physical evidence is that the universe is flat (zero curvature) which implies that the universe is infinite, especially for a 3-sphere.

Figure 32.13 with "E-mode and B-mode polarization of the CMBR" (BICEP2) when this is not the power spectrum. Or anything to so with the inane gibberish at the top of the page. Same stupidity in Figure 32.14 and in Figures 32.15A-B.

Figures 32.15A-B is that actual power spectrum: "The experimental power spectrum of WMAP... Courtesy of NASA, G. Hinshaw, et al.", which is then ignored The WMAP result dates from 2006.

Then we get Mills' "prediction" which is not even a fit to the power spectrum! Mills has an assertion that if he does some not-listed calculations, he gets a constant that places the E-mode T peak at "l = 140 which matches that observed by BICEP2 [141, 142]". The references are to the incorrect BICEP2 B-mode papers.

The CMB power spectrum does have a peak around l = 140.

Ignorant gibberish about gravitational lensing converting E-mode polarization to B-mode.
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2019, 02:29 PM   #148
jrhowell
Muse

the infernal combustion engine
Hell yeah!
jrhowell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2019, 03:22 PM   #149
MEequalsIxR
Muse

[snip]
(Yet I've never met the man nor communicated privately with him or anyone in his company.) [snip]
Over the years I've seen hydrino compound and I've seen apparatuses that produced power. No commercial device yet but I'm patient.
[snip]
Curious how never having met or communicated with anyone in the company, and having no connection to Mills, no investment you have seen that which no one else has and have beheld the magic hydrino compound. I am assuming this is the same Dr Randell Mills (the Harvard trained physician) who guards his work and sends cease and desist letters to anyone trying to validate his work yet allows those with no connections to the company or anyone in it to see the most closely guarded magic.

It's a sword they're not meant to safe.
MEequalsIxR is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2019, 03:44 PM   #150
Red Baron Farms
Illuminator

ermmm no you haven't. You saw Mill's claim it. There is a huge difference. If Mills claims were true it would be trivially easy to prove it. This has been pointed out to you multiple times. If he really had cryodistilled dihydrino in liquid form, he could easily send a vial of it out for testing and all this BS would be over. Or if he had actually produced crystals of hydrino compound he could easy send out a few crystals and have them tested. He never did that either, even after telling everyone he could and would.

As for commercial units, no, I said prototypes. Big difference. He has not even had a functioning test unit as a prototype EVER. Again, he has claimed he had them, but when push comes to shove, they are no where to be found. Non-existant. Just machines that blow up or burn up rapidly cannibalizing themselves and NEVER not once producing energy from a hydrino reaction.

As was pointed out to you many times, when the equipment burns up it releases the potential energy of refining those metals in the first place. This is an energetic but mundane reaction, not hydrinos.

And how do I know this? Because the papers presented attempting to show energy produced by the hydrino reaction never include this calculation. There has to be a reason for this. It has to be a purposeful deception.
"Permaculture is a philosophy of working with, rather than against nature; of protracted & thoughtful observation rather than protracted & thoughtless labour; & of looking at plants & animals in all their functions, rather than treating any area as a single-product system." Bill Mollison
Biome Carbon Cycle Management
Red Baron Farms is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2019, 03:49 PM   #151
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster

Originally Posted by jrhowell View Post
the infernal combustion engine
Hell yeah!
Wasn't that the damnable one, which just like Mills' apparatus, they couldn't keep from melting while just idling?

'Our new zinc engine block lasts longer and is lighter than the previous lead and before that tin blocks. However, we are still having difficulty keeping it from melting when just idling.'
Old 3rd March 2019, 05:01 PM   #152
JeanTate
Master Poster

<snip>

<snip>
I think the word "not" is missing ...

(The CMB power spectrum does not have a peak around l = 140.)
Old 3rd March 2019, 06:10 PM   #153
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

I think the word "not" is missing ...

(The CMB power spectrum does not have a peak around l = 140.)
Whoops, I thought Mills had finally got something right!
The first CMB power spectrum peak is at l ~ 200. Mills even knows that the power spectrum has this peak and other peaks (page 1519).

Read that page again and we have:
Page 1519: "Inflation occurred at infinitely faster than light speed that defies the laws of wave propagation of any kind" stupidity.
It is basic cosmology that the expansion of spacetime is not constrained to the speed of light. That includes the Hubble expansion, the acceleration of that expansion and inflationary expansion.

Page 1519: Abysmal "conditions of infinite energy density" and inflation ignorance.
The Big Bang including inflation happened at t > 0, i.e. when the universe had a finite density.

Page 1519: "absence of the direct experimental observation of gravity wave" is now wrong and was always irrelevant.
The indirect evidence for gravitational waves has been around for decades.

Page 1520: A "Acoustic waves are not observed in plasmas" lie.
Plasma have waves that can travel at the speed of sound in plasma, e.g. the waves observed in helioseismology.

Page 1520: Abysmal "could not seed the structure of the Universe" ignorance.
Waves traveling at less than the speed of light (acoustic waves in plasma) are what standard cosmology has to "seed the structure of the Universe".

Page 1520: Some "standing wave" delusions.

Page 1520: Stupidity about dark matter needing to be detected in labs here on Earth.

Page 1520: Mills' insane delusion that dark matter is not dark and is hydrinos!

Page 1520: A "the missing mass has been showed to be baryonic" lie.

Page 1520: The page ends with Mills' cosmological gibberish.

Page 1521: The page starts with Mills' cosmological gibberish. We get into his E-mode and B-mode polarization delusions.
Old 3rd March 2019, 06:43 PM   #154
Hans
Philosopher

Originally Posted by MEequalsIxR View Post
Curious how never having met or communicated with anyone in the company, and having no connection to Mills, no investment you have seen that which no one else has and have beheld the magic hydrino compound. I am assuming this is the same Dr Randell Mills (the Harvard trained physician) who guards his work and sends cease and desist letters to anyone trying to validate his work yet allows those with no connections to the company or anyone in it to see the most closely guarded magic.
We should call this sacred compound/incident: Chump: Consecrated hydrino un-observed by markie personally

Got yourself some C H U M P did you markie?

Could you share with us your holy CHUMP seeing ability markie?

Do we have to fast or need a candle?

Last edited by Hans; 3rd March 2019 at 06:45 PM.
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2019, 08:57 PM   #155
markie
Graduate Poster

I would not go so far as to say that it seems you are lying, but I will say that there seem be to some inconsistencies here. And not just in Mills failing to meet his promises.

There are quite a few posts in this, and predecessor, threads which lay out - in considerable detail - mismatches between Mills' "theory" and "the results of experiment" (I'm ignoring the fact that Mills' theory is riddled with inconsistencies). And over in the BLP sub-Reddit, I've posted others (e.g. Mills' theory on the CMB gets the second and third TT acoustic peaks wrong).
Again, with this "wrong" thing. Please post Mills figures for the peaks and post the experimental figures. Mills figures are probably pretty close, and that would be a first approximation and with no curve fitting parameters. BTW Mills doesn't believe in a big bang plasma fireball with acoustic waves. His waves are strictly gravitational, no plasma required.

Quote:
Similar comment re "validators", with the addition of my examination of one (Booker's PDFs) has revealed serious flaws, so much so that I suspect that, in these documents, he's actually a deep-cover skeptic, signalling to any scientist reading them that he doesn't accept any of it (despite what the words say, at face value).
Name your favourite 'flaw' from Booker's analysis and I will try to address it here.
Proposing that Randy Booker is a deep cover skeptic is just ... weird. Conspiracy theories can be real, but wow.
Old 3rd March 2019, 09:17 PM   #156
markie
Graduate Poster

I missed this in my 2 years of analysis of Mills book listing the ignorance, lies and delusions in it

2 years ago I noted the basic insanity behind Mills CMB "theory".
7 March 2017: Pages 1497-1498 are a delusion about the CMB and more nonsense.
He has the CMB being emitted by stars and galaxies by "mass to energy conversion" (fusion?) but stars and galaxies are not blackbodies!

Page 1496 starts with Mills' abysmal ignorance about GR and cosmology.
The curvature of spacetime is produced by mass and energy so as a first approximation fusion in stars converting matter into energy does not change curvature.
Stars do not make spacetime expand ("cause spacetime to expand") ! The universe is expanding as a whole, not in bits around stars. One of the basic, well known parts of cosmology is that an expanding universe does not affect gravitationally bound objects such as people, planets , stars, and galaxies.

The rest of page is Mills' insane cosmology (a finite, closed, oscillating universe because he does some deluded math).

Mills "POWER SPECTRUM OF THE COSMIC MICROWAVE BACKGROUN" section starts on page 1519 and actually ignores the measured power spectrum .

Mills ignorantly confuses polarization (E and B modes) of the CMB with its power spectrum. The BICEP2 results were known to be wrong in early 2015. This is a 2016 edition.

Mills lies with "The Universe is a 3-sphere hyperspace of constant positive curvature" (page 1521) when the physical evidence is that the universe is flat (zero curvature) which implies that the universe is infinite, especially for a 3-sphere.

Figure 32.13 with "E-mode and B-mode polarization of the CMBR" (BICEP2) when this is not the power spectrum. Or anything to so with the inane gibberish at the top of the page. Same stupidity in Figure 32.14 and in Figures 32.15A-B.

Figures 32.15A-B is that actual power spectrum: "The experimental power spectrum of WMAP... Courtesy of NASA, G. Hinshaw, et al.", which is then ignored The WMAP result dates from 2006.

Then we get Mills' "prediction" which is not even a fit to the power spectrum! Mills has an assertion that if he does some not-listed calculations, he gets a constant that places the E-mode T peak at "l = 140 which matches that observed by BICEP2 [141, 142]". The references are to the incorrect BICEP2 B-mode papers.

Ignorant gibberish about gravitational lensing converting E-mode polarization to B-mode.
RC, you continue to have a remarkable way of misrepresenting what Mills is saying. The closest thing to what Mills is saying is a later theory by Penrose called conformal cyclic cosmology, or something similar. Penrose has the CMBR coming from the previous universe previous cycle, from Hawking radiation from blackholes. Mills has the CMBR coming from the previous cycle of a maximum radius, uniformly light filled universe.
If you have a problem with what Mills is saying, I suggest you mention just one item at a time rather than taking your typical shotgun approach.
Old 3rd March 2019, 09:29 PM   #157
markie
Graduate Poster

Over in Reddit, they're not happy with you, markie, not happy at all (""Markie" is trying to make us look like religious zealots" and "What can we do about this low energy loser? Itís sad he feels the need to make us look like fools. What can we do to shut him down?") ...
I occasionally post at the BLP Reddit. Whoever said "shut him down" displays a backward, unenlightened attitude, so I'll presume for now he is just a trouble maker.
Old 4th March 2019, 02:01 AM   #158
Dave Rogers

"[...] Itís sad he feels the need to make us look like fools."
Yes, it's never seemed to me that there was any need for a third party to do that.

Dave

- Myriad
Old 4th March 2019, 05:51 AM   #159
JeanTate
Master Poster

I occasionally post at the BLP Reddit. Whoever said "shut him down" displays a backward, unenlightened attitude, so I'll presume for now he is just a trouble maker.
Why not head over to ďMarkieĒ trying to make us look like religious zealots and respond to "PeterCornswalled" yourself?
Old 4th March 2019, 05:55 AM   #160
JeanTate
Master Poster

Again, with this "wrong" thing. Please post Mills figures for the peaks and post the experimental figures. Mills figures are probably pretty close, and that would be a first approximation and with no curve fitting parameters. BTW Mills doesn't believe in a big bang plasma fireball with acoustic waves. His waves are strictly gravitational, no plasma required.

Name your favourite 'flaw' from Booker's analysis and I will try to address it here.
Proposing that Randy Booker is a deep cover skeptic is just ... weird. Conspiracy theories can be real, but wow.
I'll do better than that, I'll provide links and names (handles), and you (and anyone else) can see what's been posted (including the full context). I encourage you to respond directly in those threads; however, should you chose to post here only, I'll be happy to copy/paste ...

On the CMB, check out Dark Matter Heats Up and read the relevant posts by "optiongeek" and "JeanTate".

On Booker, check out If Markie supports Dr. Mills Iím a talking cat and read the relevant posts by "WupWup9r", "optiongeek", and "JeanTate".

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology