ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump controversies

Old 17th March 2019, 12:31 AM   #41
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by mgidm86 View Post
Y'all just can't let the witch die can you? You don't think Trump is being investigated enough, is that the point?

Just another ISF circle-jerk thread. "Hey look at me, I think just like you guys! Hmmm let's see oh I got one - Trump is orange! Can I join the club now too?"

No discussion, let's just make a list! Yayeee. It's a bit silly.
That thing infesting the Whitehouse will have been investigated enough when it and its spawn are in prison.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2019, 06:38 PM   #42
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Time to resurrect this thread, with yet another possible Trump security breach...

So, Iran had a rocket that was supposed to launch a satellite into space. Something went wrong, and the rocked exploded on the launch pad. Trump, ever the man child, taunted them on Twitter, claiming the U.S. had nothing to do with the explosion, and saying 'good luck' in finding out what happened.

The problem is... he also posted a very highly detailed satellite photo of the launch pad, that was higher resolution than would normally be available (suggesting the picture had a military origin). Its unknown whether the image was classified or not, but even if it was cleared for release, its certainly revealing the abilities of American image gathering information (something that the government should want to keep secret.)

From: https://www.npr.org/2019/08/30/75599...-image-of-iran
Some of the highest-resolution imagery available commercially comes from the company Maxar....But the image shown in the president's tweet appears to be of far better quality, says Ankit Panda, an adjunct senior fellow at the Federation of American Scientists, who specializes in analyzing satellite imagery.
"These are closely held national secrets," Panda adds. "We don't even share a lot of this kind of imagery with our closest allies." In tweeting it out to the world, Trump is letting Iran know exactly what the U.S. is capable of.

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2019, 11:54 PM   #43
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
Time to resurrect this thread, with yet another possible Trump security breach...

So, Iran had a rocket that was supposed to launch a satellite into space. Something went wrong, and the rocked exploded on the launch pad. Trump, ever the man child, taunted them on Twitter, claiming the U.S. had nothing to do with the explosion, and saying 'good luck' in finding out what happened.

The problem is... he also posted a very highly detailed satellite photo of the launch pad, that was higher resolution than would normally be available (suggesting the picture had a military origin). Its unknown whether the image was classified or not, but even if it was cleared for release, its certainly revealing the abilities of American image gathering information (something that the government should want to keep secret.)

From: https://www.npr.org/2019/08/30/75599...-image-of-iran
Some of the highest-resolution imagery available commercially comes from the company Maxar....But the image shown in the president's tweet appears to be of far better quality, says Ankit Panda, an adjunct senior fellow at the Federation of American Scientists, who specializes in analyzing satellite imagery.
"These are closely held national secrets," Panda adds. "We don't even share a lot of this kind of imagery with our closest allies." In tweeting it out to the world, Trump is letting Iran know exactly what the U.S. is capable of.
I think it's been mentioned in several other security-related threads but doesn't President Trump have the power and authority to declassify anything he chooses ? If that's the case then there's no legal wrongdoing here.

As regards the inadvisability of tweeting such images, I'm pretty sure that Iran knows that its facilities are under satellite surveillance and the resolution of this image will come as no surprise to them whatsoever.

President Trump may behave like an impulsive child, and in this case (like so many others) he appears to have done so but IMO the actual damage is zero or very close to it.
The Don is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2019, 12:41 AM   #44
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

A US official is reported to have confirmed that the image came from a classified intelligence briefing
Old 1st September 2019, 09:19 AM   #45
Babbylonian
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Don View Post
I think it's been mentioned in several other security-related threads but doesn't President Trump have the power and authority to declassify anything he chooses ? If that's the case then there's no legal wrongdoing here.

As regards the inadvisability of tweeting such images, I'm pretty sure that Iran knows that its facilities are under satellite surveillance and the resolution of this image will come as no surprise to them whatsoever.

President Trump may behave like an impulsive child, and in this case (like so many others) he appears to have done so but IMO the actual damage is zero or very close to it.
The point is that you never show the full capabilities of your military/intelligence capabilities unless absolutely necessary. It may not be criminal for a president to do so, but it's incredibly stupid, especially for the purpose of doing a Nelson Muntz impression.
Babbylonian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st September 2019, 09:41 AM   #46
The Shrike
Illuminator

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
The thing that many people forget is that Congress has a DUTY to the American people - the people who elected them, not to let this slide. They each swore an oath to uphold the the Constitution of the United States. ...
I think about this every damn day.
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2019, 11:08 AM   #47
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Originally Posted by Babbylonian View Post
The point is that you never show the full capabilities of your military/intelligence capabilities unless absolutely necessary. It may not be criminal for a president to do so, but it's incredibly stupid, especially for the purpose of doing a Nelson Muntz impression.
You act as if our intelligence capabilities could ever be used for a higher purpose.

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2019, 12:54 PM   #48
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Don View Post
The president does have the ability to declassify material. But, he didn't exactly do that here.... as far as we can see, he revealed/distributed classified information, without going through the proper process to actually declassify it.

Proper 'declassification' involves more than just "here you go... look at the secret stuff!"

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...y-anything-an/

Quote:
As other posters have stated... never give your enemies any information about your capabilities, without a good reason.

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2019, 01:39 PM   #49
WilliamSeger
Illuminator

The president does have the ability to declassify material. But, he didn't exactly do that here.... as far as we can see, he revealed/distributed classified information, without going through the proper process to actually declassify it.

Proper 'declassification' involves more than just "here you go... look at the secret stuff!"

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...y-anything-an/

As other posters have stated... never give your enemies any information about your capabilities, without a good reason.
To my eye, the photo doesn't look to be all that much better resolution than the best Google Earth images. I have to wonder if Trump has revealed that our spy satellites aren't quite as powerful as urban legend has it (i.e. able to read licence plates).
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2019, 03:11 PM   #50
BowlOfRed
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by WilliamSeger View Post
To my eye, the photo doesn't look to be all that much better resolution than the best Google Earth images. I have to wonder if Trump has revealed that our spy satellites aren't quite as powerful as urban legend has it (i.e. able to read licence plates).
It's not better. But Google Earth synthesizes many different sources, including aerial photos. The nice detail you see in it over cities is due to cameras on airplanes, not satellites.

The tweeted photo was initially assumed by several to be taken instead from a plane/drone (penetrating their airspace) because the detail was higher than some thought possible from a satellite. It was the fact that the time/position of the image could be determined and this closely matched the path of a known US satellite that shifted consensus.
BowlOfRed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2019, 07:24 PM   #51
The Norseman
Meandering fecklessly

I really keep thinking this thread should be titled "tRump's Insecurity Issues" because they're so unsurprisingly related.
Old 6th September 2019, 04:38 AM   #52
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

To my eye, the photo doesn't look to be all that much better resolution than the best Google Earth images.
Some experts might disagree with you...

From: https://www.npr.org/2019/09/05/75803...oto-yep-he-can
...it was the photo that left Hanham, a satellite imagery expert, gobsmacked....
Hanham, deputy director of the Open Nuclear Network in Vienna, says she has seen lots of images over the years but never anything like this. "It was so crystal clear and high-resolution that I did not believe it could have come from a satellite," she says.

The article also points out another issue: It gives Iran an idea of what satellite that was used and would help them avoid being watched in the future.

...Iran will be able to learn from the image. A group of independent satellite spotters says it has already determined which U.S. satellite took the picture....Now that the satellite has been pinpointed, Aftergood worries that Iran can evade it. For example, he says, in the runup to an Indian nuclear weapons test in 1998, India tracked U.S. satellites and made sure not to move any major equipment while they were overhead.

We are Groot - Groot
Old 6th September 2019, 05:34 AM   #53
WilliamSeger
Illuminator

Some experts might disagree with you...

From: https://www.npr.org/2019/09/05/75803...oto-yep-he-can
...it was the photo that left Hanham, a satellite imagery expert, gobsmacked....
Hanham, deputy director of the Open Nuclear Network in Vienna, says she has seen lots of images over the years but never anything like this. "It was so crystal clear and high-resolution that I did not believe it could have come from a satellite," she says.

The article also points out another issue: It gives Iran an idea of what satellite that was used and would help them avoid being watched in the future.

...Iran will be able to learn from the image. A group of independent satellite spotters says it has already determined which U.S. satellite took the picture....Now that the satellite has been pinpointed, Aftergood worries that Iran can evade it. For example, he says, in the runup to an Indian nuclear weapons test in 1998, India tracked U.S. satellites and made sure not to move any major equipment while they were overhead.
Interesting. Looking around, I see that the first version of the image I had seen was not the best quality. Which reminds me: Has it been determined if Trump tweeted the original image or if he took a phone picture of a briefing slide? That speculation was based on the white spot in the middle, which appears similar to a reflection of a flash, but looking at a better quality version, I have to doubt it -- one reason being that I doubt that Trump would have taken the trouble of cropping a phone picture.
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th September 2019, 06:46 AM   #54
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

Interesting. Looking around, I see that the first version of the image I had seen was not the best quality. Which reminds me: Has it been determined if Trump tweeted the original image or if he took a phone picture of a briefing slide? That speculation was based on the white spot in the middle, which appears similar to a reflection of a flash, but looking at a better quality version, I have to doubt it -- one reason being that I doubt that Trump would have taken the trouble of cropping a phone picture.
There was a shadow of a person in the picture so you could see that it was a person standing over the picture taking a photo of it
Old 9th September 2019, 08:52 AM   #55
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Not a specific security breech, but there is this:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/09/polit...ted/index.html
In a previously undisclosed secret mission in 2017, the United States successfully extracted from Russia one of its highest-level covert sources inside the Russian government...A person directly involved in the discussions said that the removal of the Russian was driven, in part, by concerns that President Donald Trump and his administration repeatedly mishandled classified intelligence and could contribute to exposing the covert source as a spy.

But, but... her emails!

We are Groot - Groot
Old 9th September 2019, 09:11 AM   #56
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

The only way Trump was ever to get any level of Security Clearance was to get elected President.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2019, 12:44 PM   #57
jeremyp
Muse

It’s way better resolution than the actual Google Earth image. 35.234722, 53.920833 Is the coordinates if you want to see for yourself.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 256B9C06-71F9-4260-9C96-5C9FFD93ED27.jpg (27.6 KB, 9 views)
jeremyp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2019, 12:54 PM   #58
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Bit off topic, but I was listening to a sound bite of Trump talking to reporters on the radio earlier.

Has anyone else ever wondered presidents don't start the helicopter after they have finished answering questions, or answer questions in a building and then walk out to the running helicopter?

Or is it a trying to create a impression of how important they are and how they always have to be some where?

It seems to be every time you hear them they are talking on the outskirts of a hurricane
I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today’s Internet technology we should be able to tell within 72-hours if a potential gun owner has a record.

Source: The America We Deserve, by Donald Trump, p.102 , Jul 2, 2000
cullennz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2019, 06:21 PM   #59
fishbob
Seasonally Disaffected

The helicopter noise is the only thing that keeps me from having to buy a new TV every week. His voice without interference would cause me to throw TVs through the window.

PS - And new windows are also expensive.
fishbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2019, 06:29 PM   #60
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by fishbob View Post
The helicopter noise is the only thing that keeps me from having to buy a new TV every week. His voice without interference would cause me to throw TVs through the window.

PS - And new windows are also expensive.
I've tried putting the TV on mute when he's on. That only works as long as I don't actually look at the TV. I've found that just watching his smarmy face without the distraction of his whiny voice has its own problems: it makes me notice his little, itty bitty mouth, his raccoon eyes, his fake orange tan, and his comb over even more. Ew. Just ew.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2019, 07:06 PM   #61
mgidm86
Philosopher

Not a specific security breech, but there is this:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/09/polit...ted/index.html
In a previously undisclosed secret mission in 2017, the United States successfully extracted from Russia one of its highest-level covert sources inside the Russian government...A person directly involved in the discussions said that the removal of the Russian was driven, in part, by concerns that President Donald Trump and his administration repeatedly mishandled classified intelligence and could contribute to exposing the covert source as a spy.

But, but... her emails!

One is sneaky, one is an idiot.
Old 9th September 2019, 07:44 PM   #62
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy

One is sneaky, one is an idiot.
Sneaky about what?
Old 9th September 2019, 11:29 PM   #63
Venom
Master Poster

Intelligence officials rejected the claim it was Trump and said instead the agent was getting too much media exposure.
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2019, 04:38 AM   #64
WilliamSeger
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Intelligence officials rejected the claim it was Trump and said instead the agent was getting too much media exposure.
Uh huh, and NOAA officials said Trump was right about Dorian's path, and Barr said the summary of the Mueller report was "no collusion, no obstruction." If these intelligence officials weren't worried about Donald Trump's disclosures of classified information, then they should be fired for incompetence. The Trump administration has zero credibility. #MAGA
Old 10th September 2019, 07:33 AM   #65
jeremyp
Muse

How would the media find out about the agent?

Of course it was about Trump.

If I were an agent working undercover in a foreign power for the USA, I'd be ******** my pants right now. In fact, if I was an agent working for any of the Five Eyes countries, ditto.

This is why the satellite photo tweet is so bad. It's not that it leaks US capabilities to its enemies. They probably already know what US spy satellites are capable of (in fact it seems like half the internet knows US spy satellite capabilities to judge from conversations on various forums and blogs).

The real problem is that this is prima facie evidence that the US intelligence agencies cannot protect top secret information. Their boss walked into a secret briefing, took a cell phone photo of some intelligence material, Tweeted it and nobody was able to stop him.

The other Five Eyes countries are going to stop sharing information with the USA in order to prevent the Tub of Lard in Chief from compromising their sources. This is catastrophic.
jeremyp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2019, 01:06 PM   #66
Venom
Master Poster

Originally Posted by jeremyp View Post
How would the media find out about the agent?

Of course it was about Trump.

If I were an agent working undercover in a foreign power for the USA, I'd be ******** my pants right now. In fact, if I was an agent working for any of the Five Eyes countries, ditto.

This is why the satellite photo tweet is so bad. It's not that it leaks US capabilities to its enemies. They probably already know what US spy satellites are capable of (in fact it seems like half the internet knows US spy satellite capabilities to judge from conversations on various forums and blogs).

The real problem is that this is prima facie evidence that the US intelligence agencies cannot protect top secret information. Their boss walked into a secret briefing, took a cell phone photo of some intelligence material, Tweeted it and nobody was able to stop him.

The other Five Eyes countries are going to stop sharing information with the USA in order to prevent the Tub of Lard in Chief from compromising their sources. This is catastrophic.
The NYT reports a different version in which he was spirited away after providing info about Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2019, 01:14 PM   #67
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
I've tried putting the TV on mute when he's on. That only works as long as I don't actually look at the TV. I've found that just watching his smarmy face without the distraction of his whiny voice has its own problems: it makes me notice his little, itty bitty mouth, his raccoon eyes, his fake orange tan, and his comb over even more. Ew. Just ew.
You could use the Elvis Presley method instead.

He watched TV in the basement so when he wanted to throw a TV out the window, he shot it instead.
Old 10th September 2019, 02:23 PM   #68
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

The NYT reports a different version in which he was spirited away after providing info about Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.
Far as I understand it, the CIA wanted to extract him at that point, but he chose not to leave Russia since he felt he was safe. He was extracted shortly after the Trump/Russia meeting (forget the name of the visiting dignitary).

Whether he was extracted because of Trump's behavior at that time is not entirely clear, near as I can figger.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2019, 04:56 PM   #69
Babbylonian
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
Far as I understand it, the CIA wanted to extract him at that point, but he chose not to leave Russia since he felt he was safe. He was extracted shortly after the Trump/Russia meeting (forget the name of the visiting dignitary).

Whether he was extracted because of Trump's behavior at that time is not entirely clear, near as I can figger.
Since the debasement of the presidency, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of foreign agents asked their handlers some hard questions about who gets to know their names.
Babbylonian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2019, 10:49 AM   #70
Venom
Master Poster

Originally Posted by phiwum View Post

No I think it was he was supposed to be extracted before 2017 or at least before it was carried out later in the year and refused because he felt safe.

Then he was extracted.

There would have been hard questions about how U.S. intelligence managed to know so much about the Russian special operation after it hit the airwaves. Risky.
Old 12th September 2019, 11:48 AM   #71
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Ok, another possible security issue... One that the Trump administration wasn't necessarily responsible for, but one where he didn't necessarily follow up properly:

From: https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...evices-1491351
The U.S. government concluded within the past two years that Israel was most likely behind the placement of cellphone surveillance devices that were found near the White House...But unlike most other occasions when flagrant incidents of foreign spying have been discovered on American soil, the Trump administration did not rebuke the Israeli government.
The miniature surveillance devices, colloquially known as “StingRays,” mimic regular cell towers to fool cellphones into giving them their locations and identity information.

Such a weird relationship between the Trump and Israel. Trump 'burns' an Israeli intelligence source by blabbing to the Russians, but then helps Israel by ending the Iran agreement and moving the U.S. embassy. Israel supposedly adores Trump but then try to spy on him. And when their plan is discovered, Trump does... nothing

Its almost like Trump is being manipulated by a foreign power.

We are Groot - Groot
Old 12th September 2019, 12:50 PM   #72
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

Ok, another possible security issue... One that the Trump administration wasn't necessarily responsible for, but one where he didn't necessarily follow up properly:

From: https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...evices-1491351
The U.S. government concluded within the past two years that Israel was most likely behind the placement of cellphone surveillance devices that were found near the White House...But unlike most other occasions when flagrant incidents of foreign spying have been discovered on American soil, the Trump administration did not rebuke the Israeli government.
The miniature surveillance devices, colloquially known as “StingRays,” mimic regular cell towers to fool cellphones into giving them their locations and identity information.

Such a weird relationship between the Trump and Israel. Trump 'burns' an Israeli intelligence source by blabbing to the Russians, but then helps Israel by ending the Iran agreement and moving the U.S. embassy. Israel supposedly adores Trump but then try to spy on him. And when their plan is discovered, Trump does... nothing

It's more that he doesn't have a clue what he's doing.
Old 12th September 2019, 06:44 PM   #73
fishbob
Seasonally Disaffected

Originally Posted by pgwenthold View Post
It's more that he doesn't have a clue what he's doing.
Why not both?
fishbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2019, 01:10 AM   #74
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Originally Posted by Babbylonian View Post
Since the debasement of the presidency, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of foreign agents asked their handlers some hard questions about who gets to know their names.
I don’t think it is going to be the names. After all, no one would give Trump the names of agents. And even if they did, he wouldn’t remember them. I think it is more a matter of they’ll show Trump a stolen blueprint or photo and say they got it from a high-level mole in some country’s defense ministry. That’s the kind of thing that Trump could prevent himself about bragging about. And any diplomat worth his salt would simply respond with “You’re bluffing, Mr. President. Give me a reason to believe you.” Because the president has the emotional maturity that wavers between age 2 and age 7, he would immediately name the stolen document, which would give the foreign country more specific places to look for the spy.
Old Yesterday, 02:13 AM   #75
jeremyp
Muse

If that’s true, the rest of my post still stands. The satellite photo leak shows that the President of the United States cannot be trusted to keep secret information secret. This means that the other Five Eyes nations will be reluctant to share intel with the USA and the USA will be reluctant to let its own president see the intel he needs to make good decisions.

People may die because of what Trump did.
Old Yesterday, 03:56 PM   #76
slyjoe
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by jeremyp View Post
If that’s true, the rest of my post still stands. The satellite photo leak shows that the President of the United States cannot be trusted to keep secret information secret. This means that the other Five Eyes nations will be reluctant to share intel with the USA and the USA will be reluctant to let its own president see the intel he needs to make good decisions.

People may die because of what Trump did.
This assumes he would actually USE intel to make good decisions. His decisions come from his gut, remember?
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 05:02 PM   #77
Mumbles
Philosopher

Y'all just can't let the witch die can you? You don't think Trump is being investigated enough, is that the point?
Given that any ordinary person who knowingly gave that sort of high-level secrets to enemy states would spend a good, long time in prison, this should be considered a severe problem.

(And I wouldn't be at all shocked if those Israeli spy cells were placed around DC specifically in response to Dolt 45's giving up Israeli classified info to Russia, either - Although in truth, Israel isn't the most trustworthy ally...)
Mumbles is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 07:46 PM   #78
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post
I don’t think it is going to be the names. After all, no one would give Trump the names of agents. And even if they did, he wouldn’t remember them. I think it is more a matter of they’ll show Trump a stolen blueprint or photo and say they got it from a high-level mole in some country’s defense ministry. That’s the kind of thing that Trump could prevent himself about bragging about. And any diplomat worth his salt would simply respond with “You’re bluffing, Mr. President. Give me a reason to believe you.” Because the president has the emotional maturity that wavers between age 2 and age 7, he would immediately name the stolen document, which would give the foreign country more specific places to look for the spy.
They would all be called "James Spy".

And Trump could almost certainly be talked into revealing stuff with ridiculous ease. And then not even realise he had been "spooked".

The secret document is in that drawer, isn't it, Mr Trump.

No, you're wrong! It's in that drawer, the one without the lock.

So it is, Mr Trump. Good thing too! We would never have found it.

Of course not! I'm very secure!
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics