IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2020 elections , donald trump , election conspiracies , Trump controversies , Trump supporters

Closed Thread
Old 8th January 2021, 04:55 AM   #241
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Well, that's a revealing remark. Revealing, not surprising.
It is certainly revealing indeed.

~ Danzig

Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th January 2021, 04:58 AM   #242
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by shemp View Post
Piece of **** got what she deserved. Lots more should have.
She comes across on her social media as a bit unhinged but nobody deserves to be shot like that. However, of course, the security guy was simply doing what he had been trained to do. If the security at the door and the outskirts had been the slightest bit secure this could never have happened.

~ Danzig

Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th January 2021, 05:03 AM   #243
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
Originally Posted by Firestone View Post
From the NYT:

Quote:
Aaron, the construction worker from Indianapolis, and his two friends had heard people talking about going to Ms. Pelosi’s office. So once inside they decided to instead find Senator Chuck Schumer’s office. Both are Democrats.

“We wanted to have a few words” with Mr. Schumer, he said. “He’s probably the most corrupt guy up here. You don’t hear too much about him. But he’s slimy. You can just see it.”

But they could not find Mr. Schumer’s office. He said they asked a Capitol Police officer, who tried to direct them. But they appeared to have gotten nowhere near the minority’s leader’s office. They ended up smoking a few cigarettes inside the building — “We can smoke in our house,” Aaron said — and one of his friends, who would not give his name, joked that he had gone to the bathroom and not flushed.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/07/u...s-capitol.html
(bolding mine)
Ah.They must have excellent eyesight. I can think of no other reason they'd see that (((Chuck Schumer))) is slimy.
Old 8th January 2021, 05:05 AM   #244
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Correction: psychopaths are born; sociopaths are made. Trump is sociopath. Malignant narcissists (NPD) are likely made but may have a genetic predisposition. From the Mayo Clinic:
That is nonsense. There are some indicators of a medical cause of psychopathy such as an undersized amygdala gland. However, that could be caused by exigencies in early childhood. Psychopath is simply the earlier term for sociopath. Just as the terms 'cretin' and 'moron' have been replaced, due to language stigmatisation.

As for 'narcissistic' that term is also so overused as to be near meaningless and more a term of abuse , like the above.

There is no doubting Trump is a cunning, sly, calculating and cruel man but to claim it is caused by illness rather than his vile personality is a cop-out IMV.

~ Danzig

Old 8th January 2021, 05:08 AM   #245
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by johnny karate View Post
The police officer reported as dead is still alive.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DavidBegn...54329137651713
This police officer has died:

https://twitter.com/BeardCoachCo/sta...095813121?s=20

Quote:
Officer Sicknick has died of his injuries sustained during his defense of America during the attempted coup on January 6th, 2021.

Please keep his family in your thoughts, prayers and vibes.

https://uscp.gov/media-center/press-...ian-d-sicknick

#sicknick

~ Danzig

Old 8th January 2021, 05:11 AM   #246
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Or it's one of those christian values households where Daddy knows best and Mommy demurs.

I didn't see any bulbs above 40 watts in the entire insurrectionist mob.
That is what embarrasses the USA most: the state of those MAGA specimens. Makes the UK Brexiteers look like gentlemen of great esteem.

~ Danzig

Old 8th January 2021, 05:12 AM   #247
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Most of this crowd will see no penalty as they simply walked through open doors. Others are likely to do prison. Smiling and waving to the cameras might cause a few to lose their jobs, but walking off with Federal property probably worth thousands and a symbol of our democracy is likely to be serious.

If the guy has a half a brain, he should be returning the podium and turning himself in ASAP.
Nope. Already on Ebay.

~ Danzig

Old 8th January 2021, 05:13 AM   #248
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
My guess is that somebody wrote that and told Trump that he is going to read that statement or he is going to prison.
Not only is Trump a traitor to his country he has now also betrayed his supporters, who were doing it all for him. Trump is a ****. (I hope the word censor works.)

~ Danzig

Old 8th January 2021, 05:15 AM   #249
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

How about the head instigator? You know, the guy who said" You gotta get your people to fight . . . Because you'll never take back our country with weakness, you have to show strength and you have to be strong." Any blowback on that guy?
He'll claim he was using the word figuratively.

~ Danzig

Old 8th January 2021, 05:19 AM   #250
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Planigale View Post
I would disagree. I think no one deserves to be executed. The description of climbing through a window does not sound like she was an immediate threat to life. It should have been possible to subdue her using non lethal force. I do note the responsible officer has been suspended.

I understand the 'emotional' issue, the violation some US citizens feel. But this was a few protesters who broke into a public building. This happens all the time. They did not even organise a sit in! They did not line people up against the wall and shoot them; that is what happens in real coups.

Shooting demonstrators in the streets is what happens in third world countries, the outcome of the policing here was good one person shot is one too many. I am not sure what happened to the police officer who died, all that is said it was injuries occurring during the protest, this might mean he fell down stairs. Perhaps someone here knows the nature of his injuries?

That does not mean I support Trump or these right wing nut cases, I would politically be a Saunders supporter. But even right wing nut cases should not be shot down. Police violence does not become right when it is against your political opponents.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-brexit-debate
To be fair, Capitol Building is a highly secure one, rather like Parliament in London. After the stabbing of a policemen in its grounds by a jihadist, police will now shoot to kill anyone who tries to breach its security. That is what the world has come to. Can't expect the armed police to make exceptions as ignorance of the law is not an excuse. Try bursting into the White House or the Pentagon and you are a goner.

~ Danzig

Old 8th January 2021, 05:22 AM   #251
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by Spektator View Post
Of course, odds are probably high that there will be a blanket pardon coming down for anyone and everyone in the mob....
A Presidential pardon has no effect on non-Federal charges.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th January 2021, 05:28 AM   #252
rdaneel
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Nope. Already on Ebay.
According to Snopes, it's unknown if the listing was genuine and Ebay has already removed it.
rdaneel is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th January 2021, 05:50 AM   #253
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

No, it wasn't. It was a group of entitled, angry Trump dead-enders whose intention was to disrupt and possible thwart the certification of a Biden electoral victory. They carried confederate flags, wore racist and anti-Semitic clothing like Auschwitz Camp hoodies and 6MWE T-shirts; they erected a hangman's scaffold for ****'s sake and spouted they were storming the Capitol in a revolution. They physically forced their way into the building and were such a concern that representatives had to be hustled to safety.

The only reason they didn't do more damage was that they were inept, which in no way excuses their behavior, and according to law enforcement, they have more chaos planned.

**** them.

They didn't do more damage, simply because the security cop shot that 'protester' dead. That stopped them surging in.

~ Danzig

Last edited by Vixen; 8th January 2021 at 06:00 AM.
Old 8th January 2021, 05:52 AM   #254
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

From the NYT:

(bolding mine)

Not flushing the toilet? Disgusting.

Quote:
But they could not find Mr. Schumer’s office. He said they asked a Capitol Police officer, who tried to direct them. But they appeared to have gotten nowhere near the minority’s leader’s office. They ended up smoking a few cigarettes inside the building — “We can smoke in our house,” Aaron said — and one of his friends, who would not give his name, joked that he had gone to the bathroom and not flushed.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/07/u...s-capitol.html

~ Danzig

Old 8th January 2021, 05:56 AM   #255
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Don View Post
It wouldn't be out of character for President Trump to say that he was pardoning the patriots - thus emboldening others to commit further insurrections in the remaining 12 days or so.

It also wouldn't be out of character for him to fail to follow through on this and leave them to rot in jail because it doesn't benefit him directly.

As you say, the instigators will likely get off.
No, the slimeball is distancing himself. So much for the captain going down with the ship. Not Trump! No sireeeeee.

~ Danzig

Old 8th January 2021, 05:56 AM   #256
Fast Eddie B
Philosopher

Originally Posted by catsmate View Post
A Presidential pardon has no effect on non-Federal charges.
On the Opening Arguments podcast, it was pointed out that ALL crimes in the District of Columbia are federal crimes. So there’s that.
Fast Eddie B is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th January 2021, 06:00 AM   #257
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Not flushing the toilet? Disgusting.

Disgusting, and about the level of class you'd expect from a Trumper, but at the same time, hey, thanks for the DNA sample, dickwad!
Old 8th January 2021, 06:02 AM   #258
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
Disgusting, and about the level of class you'd expect from a Trumper, but at the same time, hey, thanks for the DNA sample, dickwad!
Hamburger DNA found, your Honour.

~ Danzig

Old 8th January 2021, 06:03 AM   #259
Susheel
Illuminator

136972290_10224510251760853_6882849405668915632_n.jpg

Looks like you have some of our own brand of deplorables there helping out. Quite sure he is one of the NRI Modi devotees (sanghis or bhakts as they are referred to here).
Old 8th January 2021, 06:09 AM   #260
Ryokan
Insert something funny here

They didn't do more damage, simply because the security cop shot that 'protester' dead. That stopped them surging in.
It took the air right out of them. They hadn't expected consequences.
Ryokan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th January 2021, 06:18 AM   #261
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by Ryokan View Post

It's the riot equivalent of those "Karen" videos where the Karen runs off as soon as she gets even a mild slap to the face.
Old 8th January 2021, 06:30 AM   #262
cosmicaug
Graduate Poster

Just imagine what would have happened if those idiots got their hands on Pelosi, or AOC, or Ilhan Omar. Some of them would have just loved to use that hangman's scaffolding they erected.
# 1 target was Pence. Pelosi would have been next. Anything after that with a "D" after their name would have been gravy to them (with a special bonus if they are brown).

People are already downplaying what happened two days ago (including a poster above) but if these very fine people had not been kept away from politicians we would have had dead politicians.

It starts as role playing a lynching until it turns into a real lynching.

53WSESMT4NBIFKJXUNIQYZUM6Y.jpg
Old 8th January 2021, 06:39 AM   #263
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
How about the head instigator? You know, the guy who said" You gotta get your people to fight . . . Because you'll never take back our country with weakness, you have to show strength and you have to be strong." Any blowback on that guy?
He'll claim he was using the word figuratively.
Which he obviously did. I mean, he said he'd walk to the Capitol with the riff-raff, but he actually went home to watch TV behind amped-up security.
Old 8th January 2021, 06:43 AM   #264
cosmicaug
Graduate Poster

Amazing, though not surprising, is how most Republican leaders didn't see it coming, or didn't want see it coming:
Quote:
For the past nine weeks, I’ve had a lot of highly unusual conversations with administration officials, Republican lawmakers and conservative media figures. I describe these conversations as highly unusual because what I was trying to glean from them, more than gossip or inside information, was a sense of integrity and discernment. Based on my reporting, it seemed obvious the president was leading the country down a dangerous and uncharted road. I hoped they could see that. I hoped they would do something — anything.

My fears were not assuaged. Some of them expressed mild concern but told me there was no point crossing the president when he’d be leaving office soon anyway. Others laughed off the trepidation altogether. More than a few told me I was being “hysterical,” at which point things got heated, as I would plead with them to consider the consequences if even a fractional number of the president’s most fervent supporters took his allegations, and his calls to action, at face value. When I submitted that violence was a real possibility, they would snicker. Riots? Looting? That’s what Democrats do!

So convinced were the president’s allies that his rhetoric was harmless that many not only rationalized it, but actually dialed it up. Lindsey Graham, the South Carolina senator who once skewered Trump’s dishonesty, promised “earth-shattering” evidence to support his former rival’s claims of a rigged election.
The highlighted part. They have drunk their own Flavor-Aid. Cops have as well (they may be the worst offenders). We have had a white supremacist, right wing terrorist threat in the making for decades and law enforcement doesn't take it seriously beyond a occasional DOJ reports that get ignored by the actual forces on the ground. They'll even shoot the occasional officer dead and it gets treated as an aberration but the real enemy is antifa.
Old 8th January 2021, 06:46 AM   #265
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by timhau View Post
Which he obviously did. I mean, he said he'd walk to the Capitol with the riff-raff, but he actually went home to watch TV behind amped-up security.
Now I’m not one for accepting the “well they should have known better all politicians lie” excuse, but please no one could have thought Trump would have walked so far!
If only it were all so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago
Darat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th January 2021, 06:49 AM   #266
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

It’s probably just my own bias but to me Trump looked scared when ..halting.. slowly.. reading what someone else had put in front of him.
If only it were all so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago
Darat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th January 2021, 06:49 AM   #267
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

As if he could actually walk that far...

Remember the conference (NATO, G7, G20 - can't remember) where President Trump took a golf cart the 500m between venues while everyone else walked.
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th January 2021, 06:50 AM   #268
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by cosmicaug View Post
# 1 target was Pence. Pelosi would have been next. Anything after that with a "D" after their name would have been gravy to them (with a special bonus if they are brown).

People are already downplaying what happened two days ago (including a poster above) but if these very fine people had not been kept away from politicians we would have had dead politicians.

It starts as role playing a lynching until it turns into a real lynching.

Attachment 43937
I was watching a sympathetic newschannel live and, as the broadcaster was interviewing various MAGA on their way to Capitol, there was a quick shot of a couple of police snipers in the roof. So, did they not see the crowd coming?

~ Danzig

Old 8th January 2021, 06:54 AM   #269
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Note he had a bullet proof screen up in front of him at the rally. Maybe he didn't join the walk because he was afraid of being assassinated.

~ Danzig

Old 8th January 2021, 06:55 AM   #270
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

I would disagree. I think no one deserves to be executed. The description of climbing through a window does not sound like she was an immediate threat to life. It should have been possible to subdue her using non lethal force. I do note the responsible officer has been suspended.

I understand the 'emotional' issue, the violation some US citizens feel. But this was a few protesters who broke into a public building. This happens all the time. They did not even organise a sit in! They did not line people up against the wall and shoot them; that is what happens in real coups.

According to multiple reports, the woman killed was part of a group trying to break through the last door to the chamber where dozens of legislators were sheltering. If she herself wasn't an immediate threat to life, the raging mob certainly was. Putting the cop on leave is routine; it doesn't mean he did anything wrong.

And this was not a "few protesters." Hundreds, if not thousands of rioters roamed the building freely. Some were armed, and some assaulted police. One cop has died. They did extensive damage to the facility, and they stopped a joint session of Congress to ratify the next President. It will be a national humiliaton for decades that police allowed this to happen.
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th January 2021, 06:58 AM   #271
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

I was watching a sympathetic newschannel live and, as the broadcaster was interviewing various MAGA on their way to Capitol, there was a quick shot of a couple of police snipers in the roof. So, did they not see the crowd coming?
If there were snipers on the roof, they're not going to shoot randomly into a crowd. All the cops were armed; most never drew their guns, let alone opened fire.
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th January 2021, 06:58 AM   #272
Safe-Keeper
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Ryokan View Post
I watched the video where the woman was shot and went down. One of the trumpers could be heard yelling "why did they have to shoot her?".

It's all fun and games until the cops don't understand that your coup attempt is just innocent LARPing .
"He's like a drunk being given a sobriety test by the police after being pulled over. Just as a drunk can't walk a straight line, Trump can't think in a straight line. He's all over the place."--Stacyhs
"If you are still hung up on that whole words-have-meaning thing, then 2020 is going to be a long year for you." --Ladewig
Safe-Keeper is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th January 2021, 07:01 AM   #273
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
It’s probably just my own bias but to me Trump looked scared when ..halting.. slowly.. reading what someone else had put in front of him.
The comparison to Nero has been made many times in the last four years; perhaps someone finally filled him in on what happened to Nero at the end.
Old 8th January 2021, 07:02 AM   #274
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Bob001 View Post
According to multiple reports, the woman killed was part of a group trying to break through the last door to the chamber where dozens of legislators were sheltering. If she herself wasn't an immediate threat to life, the raging mob certainly was. Putting the cop on leave is routine; it doesn't mean he did anything wrong.

And this was not a "few protesters." Hundreds, if not thousands of rioters roamed the building freely. Some were armed, and some assaulted police. One cop has died. They did extensive damage to the facility, and they stopped a joint session of Congress to ratify the next President. It will be a national humiliaton for decades that police allowed this to happen.
Bear in mind, live tv broadcasters tend to turn away from ongoing violence or 'incidents', so whilst what we saw were groups of straggling MAGA making their way, mostly middle-aged overweight smiling women, we didn't see the uglier side until the live debate inside the chamber suddenly came to a halt with a commotion outside of its doors.

Initial reports dismissed the crowd as 'less than 5,000' whereas today reports have the figure at 'at least 10,000'. The adept way some of them smashed their way in and clambered up the walls with ease, indicates to me there was an organised hardcore at the heart of the storming of the building. Some of the policemen at the doors put up a brave front trying t fight them off and stop them entering. Must have been quite frightening for them being understaffed like that. There was no chance they could halt the onslaught. It is lucky that the 30K who had tickets for the rally were searched for firearms before being let in or it could have been much worse.

~ Danzig

Old 8th January 2021, 07:03 AM   #275
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

If there were snipers on the roof, they're not going to shoot randomly into a crowd. All the cops were armed; most never drew their guns, let alone opened fire.
Surely they had radio communication for reinforcements?

~ Danzig

Old 8th January 2021, 07:07 AM   #276
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
The comparison to Nero has been made many times in the last four years; perhaps someone finally filled him in on what happened to Nero at the end.

I spent most of the day thinking, "Trump tweeted while Washington burned...."
Old 8th January 2021, 07:10 AM   #277
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

Surely they had radio communication for reinforcements?
You obviously haven't followed this at all. In the days before the event, the Capitol Police turned down offers of assistance from other agencies, and even during the assault they delayed calling the D.C. Metropolitan Police and other departments for backup. The Pentagon refused to authorize activation of the National Guard for hours. Legislators trapped inside were making their own calls for help to other officials. It's clear that for whatever reason, the Capitol Police never took the threat seriously, at least until their own guys started getting hurt.
Old 8th January 2021, 07:10 AM   #278
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

Step 5: let the prosecutors and the courts do their job;
Step 6 to 51236: don't act like Trumpists and accuse these criminal idiots of treason (which they didn't commit), nor call for capital punishment, nor decide what the media should cover.
I have a question: is an attempt to have a revolution treasonous or not?

Where the FF traitors against the crown? I tend to think yes, but that's just me.

I ask because Elizabeth from Tennessee admitted that she was attempting to have a revolution.
Gunter Haas, the 'leading British expert,' was a graphologist who advised couples, based on their handwriting characteristics, if they were compatible for marriage. I would submit that couples idiotic enough to do this are probably quite suitable for each other. It's nice when stupid people find love. - Ludovic Kennedy
pgwenthold is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th January 2021, 07:13 AM   #279
Olmstead
Graduate Poster

Shooting demonstrators in the streets is what happens in third world countries, the outcome of the policing here was good one person shot is one too many. I am not sure what happened to the police officer who died, all that is said it was injuries occurring during the protest, this might mean he fell down stairs. Perhaps someone here knows the nature of his injuries?

That does not mean I support Trump or these right wing nut cases, I would politically be a Saunders supporter. But even right wing nut cases should not be shot down. Police violence does not become right when it is against your political opponents.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-brexit-debate

A congressman's account of the shooting:
Originally Posted by ABC News
"They were trying to come through the front door, which is where I was at in the chamber, and in the back they were trying to come through the speaker's lobby, and that's problematic when you're trying to defend two fronts," Mullin told ABC News Chief Anchor George Stephanopoulos in an interview Thursday on "Good Morning America."

[...]

"When they broke the glass in the back, the (police) lieutenant that was there, him and I already had multiple conversations prior to this, and he didn't have a choice at that time," Mullin said. "The mob was going to come through the door, there was a lot of members and staff that were in danger at the time. And when he [drew] his weapon, that's a decision that's very hard for anyone to make and, once you draw your weapon like that, you have to defend yourself with deadly force."

Can't find the original link because it was part of their live coverage, and I guess it's gone now.
Olmstead is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th January 2021, 07:15 AM   #280
Safe-Keeper
Penultimate Amazing

When the election was called for Biden, I predicted that the trumpkins and their movement would deflate. I was all ready for peace and reconcilliation, and working towards unifying the country again.

A couple months later, and here we are .

There can't be a discussion anymore as to whether or not he should be prosecuted. This. Event. Alone. is sufficient for him to have to stand trial. He's been building this narrative and glorifying violence for over four years, ever since he told his supporters to rough people up at his rallies. Telling them to march on the Capitol and "take their country back" was just the worst event in a series.
"He's like a drunk being given a sobriety test by the police after being pulled over. Just as a drunk can't walk a straight line, Trump can't think in a straight line. He's all over the place."--Stacyhs
"If you are still hung up on that whole words-have-meaning thing, then 2020 is going to be a long year for you." --Ladewig
Safe-Keeper is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics