IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags "Alt-Hero" , comic books , Theodore Beale , Vox Day

Old 2nd October 2017, 01:00 AM   #1
Travis
Misanthrope of the Mountains

Will you be reading Alt★Hero?

This is a thing. A bunch of alt righters got together and crowd sourced a comic that appeals to their tastes since the original comics now have brown people and women who dare not just be sex objects in them.

Quote:
Alt★Hero is a world not too terribly different than our own. It is a world where the Wehrmacht generals overthrew Adolf Hitler and the Nazi Party in 1939, and where the first atomic bomb was dropped on the order of Reichskanzler Jodl on Soviet territory in 1944, leading to the fall of the Soviet Union in 1956. It is a world where Japan attacked Australia instead of Pearl Harbor and China occupies the Korean Peninsula. It is a world of four superpowers, where the European Union rivals the United States of America for wealth and influence, and where China and Russia possess the two most formidable militaries on the planet.
So a world not too different except history went wildly whacky. Oddly the Alt Right decided not to set their story in this world, the one that is supposedly so ruined by SJW's, but instead one with this hugely different timeline. It is almost as if they needed a new reality to set their idols up against the strawmen adversaries of their fever dreams!

So, near as I can tell the premise is that there are superhumans called Homo Sequens who get registered with the UN. And then are used by the UN to bully those that cherish FREEDOM (insert Braveheart GIF here) and no one is more upset than the American military who, I think, end up supporting rebel Homo Sequens to stop crimes the police wont because of PC tyranny.

Here is the launch trailer.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

So if you ever wanted a comic book where superheros battle illegal immigrants and ANTIFA instead of villains well....this is for you.

I went to their fundraiser page and was gloriously amused with their donation level descriptions. For example, if you are a $10 donor then this is your level:

Quote:
This is for those who could not care less about comics, but enjoy tormenting SJWs and would enjoy the privilege of triggering them by being able to say “yeah, I did that.”
We will send you a special digital portrait of Rebel, in her Alt★Hero outfit, blowing a kiss and saying “You’re welcome!” that you can send to people crying about it on social media.
Note: Rebel is a female character who wears daisy dukes and a Confederate flag....blouse? that shows how much boob? ALL THE BOOB KATIE!

Not really all the boob.

I'm not sure this will trigger anyone. Except to think of someone that donates money to the creation of a comicbook just to trigger liberals as pretty sad.

A journey though the comments is kind of funny. Or pitiful. Take your pick.

Quote:
OK, I'm in! Looking forward to some great stories with some great art, and none of the SJW crap that has made so much of our lives unbearable!
Oh, BTW- you don't really have to put a whole lot of costume on the super-babes... just sayin'. (I remember Modesty Blaise did "the nailer," where she'd flash her boobies, just long enough to immobilize the bad guys & get the drop on them! I'm sure Modesty wouldn't mind some others using that trick!)

Travis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2017, 01:48 AM   #2
uke2se
Penultimate Amazing

Come on Travis, just be triggered. That's the point of this after all.

WHY WON'T YOU BE TRIGGERED?

Also, cartoon boobies.

"If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. " Karl Popper, The Open Society and Its Enemies Vol. 1
uke2se is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2017, 01:54 AM   #3
TubbaBlubba
Knave of the Dudes

Oh boy, a bunch of Wehraboos.
Old 2nd October 2017, 04:17 AM   #4
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Awww... their own conservative crowd source fund raising site too. Precious.

Only about 16 "projects" though.
I hope that means they're just very, very new.

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2017, 04:21 AM   #5
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

(clutches pearls) Oh, my! I'm so triggered.

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2017, 04:39 AM   #6
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

If I donate $10.01, will they create me a gun-based superhero, who's catch line is "You just got Triggered"? Winky face italics and all, so you know it's clever.
Old 2nd October 2017, 04:39 AM   #7
Damien Evans
Up The Irons
Tagger

The morons don't even realise Japan did attack Australia.
i loves the little birdies they goes tweet tweet tweet hee hee i loves them they sings to each other tweet twet tweet hee hee i loves them they is so cute i love yje little birdies little birdies in the room when birfies sings ther is no gloom i lobes the little birdies they goess tweet tweet tweet hee hee hee i loves them they sings me to sleep sing me to slrrp now little birdies - The wisdom of Shemp.
Damien Evans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2017, 04:43 AM   #8
Damien Evans
Up The Irons
Tagger

Also the "artist" makes Rob Liefeld look like Leonardo Da Vinci
i loves the little birdies they goes tweet tweet tweet hee hee i loves them they sings to each other tweet twet tweet hee hee i loves them they is so cute i love yje little birdies little birdies in the room when birfies sings ther is no gloom i lobes the little birdies they goess tweet tweet tweet hee hee hee i loves them they sings me to sleep sing me to slrrp now little birdies - The wisdom of Shemp.
Damien Evans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2017, 04:53 AM   #9
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

I knew this would happen after Jack Chick died.
Old 2nd October 2017, 05:01 AM   #10
fuelair
Banned

Originally Posted by Travis View Post
This is a thing. A bunch of alt righters got together and crowd sourced a comic that appeals to their tastes since the original comics now have brown people and women who dare not just be sex objects in them.

So a world not too different except history went wildly whacky. Oddly the Alt Right decided not to set their story in this world, the one that is supposedly so ruined by SJW's, but instead one with this hugely different timeline. It is almost as if they needed a new reality to set their idols up against the strawmen adversaries of their fever dreams!

So, near as I can tell the premise is that there are superhumans called Homo Sequens who get registered with the UN. And then are used by the UN to bully those that cherish FREEDOM (insert Braveheart GIF here) and no one is more upset than the American military who, I think, end up supporting rebel Homo Sequens to stop crimes the police wont because of PC tyranny.

Here is the launch trailer.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

So if you ever wanted a comic book where superheros battle illegal immigrants and ANTIFA instead of villains well....this is for you.

I went to their fundraiser page and was gloriously amused with their donation level descriptions. For example, if you are a $10 donor then this is your level:

Note: Rebel is a female character who wears daisy dukes and a Confederate flag....blouse? that shows how much boob? ALL THE BOOB KATIE!

Not really all the boob.

I'm not sure this will trigger anyone. Except to think of someone that donates money to the creation of a comicbook just to trigger liberals as pretty sad.

A journey though the comments is kind of funny. Or pitiful. Take your pick.

Such anusity is rampant heinousity!!!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2017, 05:05 AM   #11
fuelair
Banned

Originally Posted by Damien Evans View Post
Now that is just downright mean!!!!!!!!!

fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2017, 05:20 AM   #12
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped

The morons don't even realise Japan did attack Australia.
Yes, a big hello from Darwin, Australia. Quite a number of ships at the bottom of the harbour here a victim of the same carrier group that did the job on Pearl. This little town was subjected to 64 different raids.

These alt right mob are a bunch of arrogant ignoramuses.
Sideroxylon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2017, 05:24 AM   #13
Armitage72
Philosopher

What's their attitude toward homosexuals?

Years ago, there was a story in Incredible Hulk (during a period when he was intelligent) in which his former sidekick Jim Wilson was revealed to have AIDS, and eventually died. The reader response was overwhelmingly positive, except for one letter, which Marvel decided to publish, while stating that it was their only negative letter.
It had comments such as:
"I can understand wanting to do a story about AIDS, but you should have featured an innocent victim who caught it from a blood transfusion, not one of the scum who started the disease."
"It's ridiculous that the Comics Code prohibits nudity and the occasional swear word, but is fine with the sympathetic portrayal of homosexuals."
"I can't believe you would ruin a macho hero like the Hulk by having him be sympathetic to homosexuals."
"I hope the next time you choose to have homosexuals appear in one of your comics, the hero hates them for the scum they are, and hopefully kills them by the end of the issue."

Maybe this guy will finally have a comic he can enjoy.
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2017, 06:56 AM   #14
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy

This reminds me of that time they made a comic book where Sean Hannity was a cyborg super hero. Liberty For All
Old 2nd October 2017, 07:11 AM   #15
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

This is a thing.
Does that sentence convey anything at all?

Did you mean to say, "What I report here is true?" or something similar?
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2017, 07:12 AM   #16
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Upchurch View Post
This reminds me of that time they made a comic book where Sean Hannity was a cyborg super hero. Liberty For All
Honestly, Hannity as a cyborg isn't really a stretch, is it? The "super hero" part is less plausible, I guess.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2017, 07:33 AM   #17
SOdhner
Graduate Poster

I don't want to give them my money, but I do kinda want to read this just for laughs. It's like looking through Conservapedia (is that still around?) or something - on the one hand it's terrible, but it's also strangely fascinating.

Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
It certainly does to me. Could be sort of like a regional dialect of the internet? I hear and use that kind of language all the time. Generally speaking, it means something like "this is an actual non-fake thing, can you believe it?" although like most language it can carry some different meanings depending on context and exact wording.
SOdhner is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2017, 08:31 AM   #18
Beelzebuddy
Philosopher

"This is some real object or occurrence which is possibly worthy of your attention, which some other people care deeply about, but I am either neutral, derisive, or wryly dismissive of, depending on context."

I enjoy Jack Chick comics, so I'll probably enjoy this. It reminds me of a libertarian space comic from a few years ago about an anarchocapitalist colony on an asteroid. I forget the name, but the story was like The Moon is a Harsh Mistress without the subtlety and well-rounded characters. Everyone who wasn't an anarchist (or didn't immediately become one and join them) was a snarling moron, without exception.

[ETA] Escape from Terra, I think it was called.
Beelzebuddy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2017, 09:19 AM   #19
Border Reiver
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Beelzebuddy View Post
"This is some real object or occurrence which is possibly worthy of your attention, which some other people care deeply about, but I am either neutral, derisive, or wryly dismissive of, depending on context."

I enjoy Jack Chick comics, so I'll probably enjoy this. It reminds me of a libertarian space comic from a few years ago about an anarchocapitalist colony on an asteroid. I forget the name, but the story was like The Moon is a Harsh Mistress without the subtlety and well-rounded characters. Everyone who wasn't an anarchist (or didn't immediately become one and join them) was a snarling moron, without exception.

[ETA] Escape from Terra, I think it was called.
That was it. The storyline was done so ham-handedly that anyone who wasn't already sympathetic to the libertarian POV wouldn't be when they were done (if indeed they could finish). The same people had done a pro-atheist view of the Odyssey - where essentially Odysseus calls out the gods because reasons.

Somehow I see "Alt Hero" as probably being more poorly handled. About the only thing I expect to be semi well done is Rebel's most common superpower, because, hey, it's not going to be bound by any kind of SJW- comic book stuff here...
Old 2nd October 2017, 11:04 AM   #20
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

I'll stick to Spidey and Batman, thank you.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2017, 11:16 AM   #21
Planigale
Philosopher

This reminds me of reading Robert Heinlein novels. There was always something uncomfortable about the politics behind great reads.
Planigale is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2017, 11:36 AM   #22
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Just remember that Frank Miller wanted Holy Terror to be a Batman story.
Old 2nd October 2017, 12:04 PM   #23
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Marvel or DC? Can't be both, man.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 2nd October 2017, 12:26 PM   #24
Garrison
Philosopher

Quote:
Alt★Hero is a world not too terribly different than our own. It is a world where the Wehrmacht generals overthrew Adolf Hitler and the Nazi Party in 1939, and where the first atomic bomb was dropped on the order of Reichskanzler Jodl on Soviet territory in 1944, leading to the fall of the Soviet Union in 1956. It is a world where Japan attacked Australia instead of Pearl Harbor and China occupies the Korean Peninsula.
The only thing missing from this collection of half baked nonsense is Operation Sealion...
Old 2nd October 2017, 12:27 PM   #25
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

I never was a fan of the 90's spoon-fed nihlism/cynicism of Marshal Law but if any series deserves this treatment....
Old 2nd October 2017, 12:42 PM   #26
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

The Turner Diaries comes to mind....

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2017, 05:22 PM   #27
Border Reiver
Philosopher

I'm more of a Captain Canuck fan, but Secret Empire seems to be eating a lot of disposable income at the moment....
Old 2nd October 2017, 07:24 PM   #28
plague311
Great minds think...

Marvel or DC? Can't be both, man.

pfft, I'm reading The Flash, and Deadpool vs.....everyone, but currently The Punisher. I'm a bit behind.
“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2017, 10:19 PM   #29
Darth Rotor
Salted Sith Cynic

Travis, if you dislike this group, why do you provide a clickable link to their product? (No, I didn't click on it). Are you getting a commission?
"Jesus wept, but did He laugh?"--F.H. Buckley____"There is one thing that was too great for God to show us when He walked upon our earth ... His mirth." --Chesterton__"If the barbarian in us is excised, so is our humanity."--D'rok__ "I only use my gun whenever kindness fails."-- Robert Earl Keen__"Sturgeon spares none.". -- The Marquis
Darth Rotor is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2017, 12:18 AM   #30
uke2se
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Darth Rotor View Post
Travis, if you dislike this group, why do you provide a clickable link to their product? (No, I didn't click on it). Are you getting a commission?
There don't appear to be any ads on the page, and it doesn't really matter if this gets pushed up the Google algorithms. The more people that see this, the more will understand what type of person your average alt-righter is.

"If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. " Karl Popper, The Open Society and Its Enemies Vol. 1
uke2se is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2017, 07:12 PM   #31
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

That's a pretty low blow......

Robert Heinlein.
Old 4th October 2017, 09:08 AM   #32
Border Reiver
Philosopher

That's a pretty low blow......
And inaccurate, the sample artwork looks fairly middle of the road.
Old 4th October 2017, 09:26 AM   #33
SOdhner
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Border Reiver View Post
And inaccurate, the sample artwork looks fairly middle of the road.
Yeah, it's certainly not great but I'd say Rob Liefeld still wins for the unintentional insanity of his art - and since he had no trouble getting work I think it's safe to say that the standards for comics in general are fairly low.

I'm more interested in how they handle the content - I keep picturing how Captain Planet turned everyday polluters into exaggerated villains bent on destruction for destruction's sake, and I think this is going to feel similar. Except, of course, that it's women and minorities and liberals that are the villains. Honestly I can't wait to see it and mock it.
SOdhner is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2017, 01:50 PM   #34
Shalamar
Dark Lord of the JREF

It’s an interesting concept, to be sure. Like Travis, I don’t see how this is supposed to ‘trigger’ anyone, I think most people will just ignore it. It’s very niche. I suppose though, the alt-righters need their safe space in the comics.

I’m all for it though, art is art, after all. However, a story rises, or falls on it’s stories, and characters. Lets give them a hand.

Every story needs an antagonist. A Villain.

I give you:

THE LEFTIST
The Leftist is a malevolent evil spiritual entity that can corrupt those with weak minds, spirit, and conviction. In order to do so, however, it must possess a willing host, whereupon it grants the host power, and sometimes taking the name The Leftist for his or her self.. The host gains the ability to steal skills and powers from others, so as to give them to the undeserving. The undeserving usually fill out as the lieutenants to The Leftist itself. Those corrupted tend to favor hammers and sickles when being violent, and often wear bandanas to hide their cowardly faces. The Leftist tends to hide in the shadows, not often letting others see the host, or have them suspect that they are The Leftist. Since the entity is usually hidden, using enhanced interrogation techniques need to be used to locate the spirit. The only way to return the powers and abilities to those that they rightfully belong to, the spirit must be driven from its host. Unfortunately, since the host has been shown to be irredeemable by letting the spirit posses them in the first place, the host must be killed. Killing the host weakens the entity for a time.
The Leftist is thought to be, or have corrupted: Bill and Hillary Clinton, Barack HUSSEIN Obama, the democratic Party leadership, and Canada.
Currently, it is believed that The Leftist is directly behind Antifa.

Every good Villain needs a Hero, and who better than:

The True American Patriot! (Patriot for short)
The Patriot was a soldier during the Gulf War, having joined out of personal duty, loyalty, respect, and love of his country. He is a multiple times decorated hero, having saved his comrades in arms multiple times, prevented loss of life from suicide bombers, and saving a kitten in a tree.
He was the squad leader of the team that had located, and found the hidden cache of stockpiled WMD weapons. Chemicals, and nuclear devices. While they were in the complex, booby traps were set off to kill the squad, but due to fate, luck, God, and faith, the man to be known as The True American Patriot survived. The mix of the weapons triggered The Patriot with new, and powerful abilities, granting him powerful telepathic powers. Now a superhuman, he was honorably discharged from the Military, and set out on his new path. Having no weaknesses, The man now known as The Patriot found his abilities were bolstered significantly by the American flag, and by Christian Faith. He noticed that all around him would stop, stand, and salute the American Flag when he did, regardless of the persons citizenship, or even what country they were in. Many who wished to resist, found them overcome with a feeling of shame, which only vanished by proudly saluting the flag.
It was the Patriot who discovered the presence of The Leftist in the United States, and the Leftist itself, and those it corrupted were immune to the Patriots respect of the Flag. The Leftist and its followers would flee when faced with such a foe, leading to easy victory. The Patriot, being selfless, and pure, also volunteers at hospitals, and places with troubled youth, helping those who feel they are the wrong gender the error of their ways, and to use the proper bathroom corresponding to their gender at birth.
He is a true American Hero.

"The truth is out there. But the lies are inside your head."
Shalamar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2017, 01:55 PM   #35
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Shalamar View Post
It’s an interesting concept, to be sure. Like Travis, I don’t see how this is supposed to ‘trigger’ anyone, I think most people will just ignore it. It’s very niche. I suppose though, the alt-righters need their safe space in the comics.

I’m all for it though, art is art, after all. However, a story rises, or falls on it’s stories, and characters. Lets give them a hand.

Every story needs an antagonist. A Villain.

I give you:

THE LEFTIST
The Leftist is a malevolent evil spiritual entity that can corrupt those with weak minds, spirit, and conviction. In order to do so, however, it must possess a willing host, whereupon it grants the host power, and sometimes taking the name The Leftist for his or her self.. The host gains the ability to steal skills and powers from others, so as to give them to the undeserving. The undeserving usually fill out as the lieutenants to The Leftist itself. Those corrupted tend to favor hammers and sickles when being violent, and often wear bandanas to hide their cowardly faces. The Leftist tends to hide in the shadows, not often letting others see the host, or have them suspect that they are The Leftist. Since the entity is usually hidden, using enhanced interrogation techniques need to be used to locate the spirit. The only way to return the powers and abilities to those that they rightfully belong to, the spirit must be driven from its host. Unfortunately, since the host has been shown to be irredeemable by letting the spirit posses them in the first place, the host must be killed. Killing the host weakens the entity for a time.
The Leftist is thought to be, or have corrupted: Bill and Hillary Clinton, Barack HUSSEIN Obama, the democratic Party leadership, and Canada.
Currently, it is believed that The Leftist is directly behind Antifa.

Every good Villain needs a Hero, and who better than:

The True American Patriot! (Patriot for short)
The Patriot was a soldier during the Gulf War, having joined out of personal duty, loyalty, respect, and love of his country. He is a multiple times decorated hero, having saved his comrades in arms multiple times, prevented loss of life from suicide bombers, and saving a kitten in a tree.
He was the squad leader of the team that had located, and found the hidden cache of stockpiled WMD weapons. Chemicals, and nuclear devices. While they were in the complex, booby traps were set off to kill the squad, but due to fate, luck, God, and faith, the man to be known as The True American Patriot survived. The mix of the weapons triggered The Patriot with new, and powerful abilities, granting him powerful telepathic powers. Now a superhuman, he was honorably discharged from the Military, and set out on his new path. Having no weaknesses, The man now known as The Patriot found his abilities were bolstered significantly by the American flag, and by Christian Faith. He noticed that all around him would stop, stand, and salute the American Flag when he did, regardless of the persons citizenship, or even what country they were in. Many who wished to resist, found them overcome with a feeling of shame, which only vanished by proudly saluting the flag.
It was the Patriot who discovered the presence of The Leftist in the United States, and the Leftist itself, and those it corrupted were immune to the Patriots respect of the Flag. The Leftist and its followers would flee when faced with such a foe, leading to easy victory. The Patriot, being selfless, and pure, also volunteers at hospitals, and places with troubled youth, helping those who feel they are the wrong gender the error of their ways, and to use the proper bathroom corresponding to their gender at birth.
He is a true American Hero.
To be honest, the alt-right already has their place in comics, thanks to Frank Miller. (Honestly, I love his work, but boy howdy, ain't it alt-right?)
Old 4th October 2017, 02:32 PM   #36
Donal
Philosopher

By the looks of it, the target audience will be reading it with only one hand to turn the pages.
Donal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2017, 01:06 PM   #37
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

I always found it a bit amusing that the superhero comics, which often feature the protagonists beating up the villains way more than would be acceptable in society if they were cops, have become this haven for left-wing social justice warriors.

That said, the answer is not to come out with a comic that pushes right-wing takes on the same issues. How about going back to the stories that don't push either side's agenda, but are merely good yarns?

And really, that's what most of DC and Marvel are; yeah, there's a political slant, but it's not relentless and omnipresent (even if it does go only one way).

It's funny too, because superhero comics often push fairly conservative messages on a lot of topics, even if unwittingly. For example, the Joker claims to have reformed. A host of experts have examined him and concluded he is no menace to society.

Do you believe it? Not if you've been reading comics. Criminals never reform, and it is ridiculous (but entertaining) for the prison system to allow them out before they have served their full sentence.

Yes, a few crooks have repented over the years, but compared to those who have pretended to change their ways, but were secretly plotting something all along, it's miniscule.

BTW, there was a Republican-oriented comic book series sometime around 2004. Didn't last long.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2017, 02:59 PM   #38
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
I always found it a bit amusing that the superhero comics, which often feature the protagonists beating up the villains way more than would be acceptable in society if they were cops, have become this haven for left-wing social justice warriors.

That said, the answer is not to come out with a comic that pushes right-wing takes on the same issues. How about going back to the stories that don't push either side's agenda, but are merely good yarns?

And really, that's what most of DC and Marvel are; yeah, there's a political slant, but it's not relentless and omnipresent (even if it does go only one way).

It's funny too, because superhero comics often push fairly conservative messages on a lot of topics, even if unwittingly. For example, the Joker claims to have reformed. A host of experts have examined him and concluded he is no menace to society.

Do you believe it? Not if you've been reading comics. Criminals never reform, and it is ridiculous (but entertaining) for the prison system to allow them out before they have served their full sentence.

Yes, a few crooks have repented over the years, but compared to those who have pretended to change their ways, but were secretly plotting something all along, it's miniscule.

BTW, there was a Republican-oriented comic book series sometime around 2004. Didn't last long.
Frank Miller is a good example of a right wing comics writer, I think. I like a lot of his stuff, dislike other, but he's an example that you can pull off right wing comics.

Old 7th October 2017, 03:06 PM   #39
Donal
Philosopher

Jack Kirby, who is so revered that comic book fans bow their heads when saying his name, was a hard core objectivist and slipped it into the books he wrote. Yes, even Spiderman. There were always a multitude of views in comic books that made their way to the page. Even before the right had to make every single aspect of existence a moral/political issue.

Even Superman had a "progressive" bent during the Golden Age.
Donal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2017, 04:59 PM   #40
Travis
Misanthrope of the Mountains

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post

The one with robot enhanced Sean Hannity?

No that is not something I made up.

Travis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics