IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2020 elections , donald trump , election conspiracies , Jenna Ellis , Lin Wood , rudy giuliani , Sidney Powell

Closed Thread
Old 14th January 2021, 11:33 AM   #3081
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by sphenisc View Post
A curious tale indeed. I followed a link or two to try and find the Project Veritas video and I came to this: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...-fraud-scheme/

The ideology of the accused seems confusing:

Quote:
The woman said she was a “consultant” for Republican congressional candidate Mauro Garza, but that she was trying to convince voters to cast their ballots for Mr. Garza and then vote Democrat the rest of the ballot, in conjunction with another organizer named Tom.

“So Tom and I sat down, and I said, look, the only thing you can do is register every mother—r in that area, everybody in that district, and then I’ve got to flip all these Dems, but I’ve got to flip them only for him, only for him,” she said.
Old 14th January 2021, 03:12 PM   #3082
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Originally Posted by sphenisc View Post
Probably need to throw out the electoral college votes from Texas, if this is true. Right? Isn't that the process?

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th January 2021, 03:37 PM   #3083
Bubba
Philosopher

Do you see the words "Martial Law" in this document?

I dont.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings...y-declaration/
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th January 2021, 03:42 PM   #3084
Bubba
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post

Did you know they ran it live?

True. After running it live they ran selected parts...they did not repeat the parts where Trump calls for peaceful protest.

You would probably do the same, if you wanted to support the lie that he incited a breach, and should be impeached, is crazy dangerous, and should have the football taken from him
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th January 2021, 06:19 PM   #3085
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
So, when third in line asked the Joint Chiefs to essentially put her in charge of the nuclear football, is she now at risk of a 20 year term in the Big House, if not a walk to the gallows?

Why is she so desperate (to be that stupid) to begin with? I wonder what she is afraid of.
Nancy DEMANDED her own set of launch codes?
Wow! You have a CREDIBLE source for this, of course. Do share.

Fail.

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th January 2021, 10:32 PM   #3086
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

I wonder what she is afraid of.
She's afraid the deranged lunatic in the White House will try to use the power he still has for another few days to fire a few nukes.
Old 15th January 2021, 09:00 AM   #3087
sts60
Illuminator

Workers preparing for next week’s inauguration have hung “2021 Biden-Harris Inauguration“ bunting on the audience stands. Some of this is visible from Donald Trump’s temporary quarters in the White House; his check-out time is noon Wednesday.

One wonders what ratio of ‘Q’ dolts and other assorted Trump cultists will realize they’ve been had when Joe Biden and Kamala Harris are sworn in, and Trump becomes a private citizen, no longer able to funnel tax dollars into his properties and liable to prosecution on a variety of state and possibly federal charges. No EBS proclamations of martial law, no mass arrests of his critics; Hilary Clinton remains a retired grandmother enjoying her liberty; the Presidential Twitter feed talks boringly, during normal working hours, of American unity and policy issues. No Storm, but rather, “ Partly sunny, with a high near 49.”

Mike Pence, rather than swinging from a gibbet erected by Trump fans, will applaud politely while Biden swears to uphold the Constitution. And Donald Trump will rage impotently in front of a TV somewhere, but no one will care. So, again, at that point, what ratio of Trump’s marks will finally see they’ve been conned? What ratio of the ‘Q’ true believers will realize they’ve fallen for a particularly insipid metastasized 4chan troll?

One in a thousand? I’m an optimist: I say one in a hundred.
sts60 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th January 2021, 12:13 PM   #3088
Axxman300
Illuminator

True. After running it live they ran selected parts...they did not repeat the parts where Trump calls for peaceful protest.

You would probably do the same, if you wanted to support the lie that he incited a breach, and should be impeached, is crazy dangerous, and should have the football taken from him
Doesn't matter what they showed later on the teevee.

Only matters what the thousands of idiots in front of him heard. Trumpistas have selective hearing. There are dozens of videos of the attack on the Capitol where you can hear the refrain, "We were invited here."

Trump is a traitor to the United States of America, and a disgrace.
Old 15th January 2021, 01:38 PM   #3089
BazBear
Possible Suspect

Originally Posted by Dr. Keith View Post
Probably need to throw out the electoral college votes from Texas, if this is true. Right? Isn't that the process?
Not to mention their governor extending the early voting period by 6 days - the same type of action that that silly suite their asshat-corrupt-as-**** AG filed against the 4 swing states with SCOTUS had as it's core complaint.
BazBear is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th January 2021, 07:00 PM   #3090
Bubba
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
She's afraid the deranged lunatic in the White House will try to use the power he still has for another few days to fire a few nukes.

Wow.

Dont tell me you actually believe that. Soon you'll know the truth, btw.
Old 17th January 2021, 05:48 AM   #3091
Mader Levap
Graduate Poster

Soon you'll know the truth, btw.
You assured us about that multiple times in past - all of them pathetically failed. Why this one would be different?
Old 17th January 2021, 09:07 AM   #3092
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

Dont tell me you actually believe that.
If you're asking if i believe that Trump really is going to fire a few nukes before he leaves office on Wednesday, I think it's highly unlikely.

If you're asking whether Pelosi could legitimately be sufficiently concerned about the possibility to jusify trying to get the codes out of his hands, certainly. This is a man who's been trying to overturn a legitimate election for the last two months and just provoked an attempted insurrection after all.

Quote:
Soon you'll know the truth, btw
We all will. I predict you will be far more surprised by it than I am.
Old 17th January 2021, 12:13 PM   #3093
sts60
Illuminator

Another insurrectionist arrested for attacking the Capitol and attempting to overthrow democracy - an avowed white supremacist and Nazi sympathizer:

“Prior to traveling to the rally and protest on January 6, 2021, Hale-Cusanelli wrote ‘Trust the plan, it’s the final countdown, stay tuned next episode,’ and ‘Trust the plan, major announcement soon.’”

One of Trump’s “very fine people”, whom Trump said he “loved” during the insurrection. I’m sure he’s still trusting the plan, and will continue to do so when Biden takes the oath of office in about 70 hours.
sts60 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th January 2021, 07:13 PM   #3094
CaptainHowdy
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
If you mean literally fire a few nukes...that's not going to happen. If you mean "fire a few nukes" symbolically, as in pardon Assange, Snowdon, and every violent murderer in prison in the blue states, declassify all the top secret files from every government agency and branch of government going back at least as far as WW2, publish Jeffrey Epstein's personal hidden camera video collection on the web and index it so we can easily search for names, etc.....that's not going to happen either. But that would be totally awesome if it did,
CaptainHowdy is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th January 2021, 10:01 PM   #3095
DevilsAdvocate
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Gord_in_Toronto View Post
A curious tale indeed. I followed a link or two to try and find the Project Veritas video and I came to this: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...-fraud-scheme/

The ideology of the accused seems confusing:

This is confusing. It starts with a white campaign woman helping an elderly lady fill out the ballot. She points out that she voted for one Republican for Senate when she had said she was trying to vote for all Democrats. The woman asks if she can do that. The campaign woman says that she can vote for whomever she wants, but if her intention was to vote for all Democrats that isn't what she did. The woman says that she does want to vote for all Democrats. The campaign woman then show her how to correct her ballot to change her vote to the Democrat.

Then it jump cuts to a black woman talking in a car about how telling people how to vote is illegal. It is not clear who this is or if the was a person working for Project Veritas and recording the video.

Then we are back to the elderly woman and we see an arm of a black woman who gives her a shawl. It isn't clear why. It isn't clear is the previous white woman was even still there. Oddly, there is no video of any sort of offer to give her a shawl for voting or voting a certain way. There is no context.

Then we are back to the black woman in the again saying how this is illegal.

Then we go to what appears to be another woman with a slight Spanish accent talking to some guy saying she is doing illegal voting stuff. I guess that is Rodriguez, the woman who has been arrested. But I can't figure out who is actually who or what was actually going on.

After the video was released, Rodriguez had said that she was lying to the guy because she was trying to figure out what he was up to.

Switching votes for all Democrats expect Garza is not consistent with what we saw earlier in the video when the campaign worker was helping the woman vote for all Democrats. And switching votes for just Garza seems a bit odd. He lost 135K to 90K. Almost a 2-1 loss. It wasn't even close. Seems like a strange circumstance to engage in major election fraud.

This doesn't make much sense and many things seem wrong here.
Old 18th January 2021, 01:38 AM   #3096
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

At what time on the 6th of January did the attackers get past the first barricades? At what time did Trump issues his first tweet calling for calm?
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th January 2021, 12:38 PM   #3097
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Wow.

Dont tell me you actually believe that. Soon you'll know the truth, btw.
Very soon, in fact.

And I agree. Firing nukes would not glorify him, so he won't. Also, most likely even if he presses his button, it's not directly connected to anything. I expect cooler heads have been discretely inserted in the path to the actual firing mechanism.

Hans
Old 19th January 2021, 05:16 AM   #3098
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Trump has Pelosi's laptop. How many laptops did he grab Tuesday?
Don't know if this has been posted elsewhere, but....
Trump supporter arrested for stealing Pelosi's laptop, and is alleged to have been trying to sell the data to Russia.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2020-55711200

Now, Bubba, when you said Trump had it, were you wrong (again) about that, or is your master a traitor too?

He is, by your own admission, already guilty of receiving stolen property. Shall we add treason and espionage to the list?
Old 19th January 2021, 09:32 PM   #3099
gypsyjackson
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
This is confusing. It starts with a white campaign woman helping an elderly lady fill out the ballot. She points out that she voted for one Republican for Senate when she had said she was trying to vote for all Democrats. The woman asks if she can do that. The campaign woman says that she can vote for whomever she wants, but if her intention was to vote for all Democrats that isn't what she did. The woman says that she does want to vote for all Democrats. The campaign woman then show her how to correct her ballot to change her vote to the Democrat.

Then it jump cuts to a black woman talking in a car about how telling people how to vote is illegal. It is not clear who this is or if the was a person working for Project Veritas and recording the video.

Then we are back to the elderly woman and we see an arm of a black woman who gives her a shawl. It isn't clear why. It isn't clear is the previous white woman was even still there. Oddly, there is no video of any sort of offer to give her a shawl for voting or voting a certain way. There is no context.

Then we are back to the black woman in the again saying how this is illegal.

Then we go to what appears to be another woman with a slight Spanish accent talking to some guy saying she is doing illegal voting stuff. I guess that is Rodriguez, the woman who has been arrested. But I can't figure out who is actually who or what was actually going on.

After the video was released, Rodriguez had said that she was lying to the guy because she was trying to figure out what he was up to.

Switching votes for all Democrats expect Garza is not consistent with what we saw earlier in the video when the campaign worker was helping the woman vote for all Democrats. And switching votes for just Garza seems a bit odd. He lost 135K to 90K. Almost a 2-1 loss. It wasn't even close. Seems like a strange circumstance to engage in major election fraud.

This doesn't make much sense and many things seem wrong here.
If telling people how to vote is illegal, I trust Project Veritas will also attack people who displayed vote trump or vote Biden signs.
gypsyjackson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 25th January 2021, 01:29 PM   #3100
zooterkin
Nitpicking dilettante
Administrator

Mod WarningClosing this thread. Continue any discussion in this thread which is now covering the same ground.

You may quote or reply to any post from this thread in that one.
Posted By:zooterkin
Join the JREF Folders ! Team 13232
Ezekiel 23:20
zooterkin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories