IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Coronavirus conspiracies , vaccine conspiracies

Old 8th April 2021, 10:41 AM   #1
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

More than 55 Million People Die Worldwwithin 24 hours after Article being Published

Woman dies three hours after receiving her first Covid-19 vaccination in Logan, Queensland

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ueensland.html

Oh well. "It's not clear if the vaccine has any link to the woman's death as she was also suffering from a lung disease at the time of her death."

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/number-of-deaths-per-year?country=~OWID_WRL
Old 8th April 2021, 10:53 AM   #2
Axxman300
Illuminator

Nicolas Cage and Norway are the real threats:

https://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

Old 8th April 2021, 11:18 AM   #3
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

I don't understand the thread title at all.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th April 2021, 11:35 AM   #4
Caroline13
Muse

More than the normal could die from the Mrna vaccine drugs, but again there are about 7.7Billion in the world....

Keep it Simple
Caroline13 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th April 2021, 11:36 AM   #5
RecoveringYuppy
Penultimate Amazing

Only way I can reconcile the title with the data provided is that the OP has confused days with years and possibly used the wrong year.

Last edited by RecoveringYuppy; 8th April 2021 at 11:37 AM.
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th April 2021, 11:50 AM   #6
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

Originally Posted by Caroline13 View Post
More than the normal could die from the Mrna vaccine drugs, but again there are about 7.7Billion in the world....
So, "a while" is about four hours.

Regarding the highlighted word - you don't really know, do you. You've become somewhat notorious for citing sources that make a lot of bat **** insane claims, so it's reasonable to assume that the source for your latest claim is no different.

If people aren't dying in droves from the vaccines in four months, will you simply ignore all reminders of your claim, or will you revise your prophecy for fulfillment at a later date? It seems doubtful you'll admit that you were wrong.
Counterbalance in the little town of Ridgeview, Ohio. Two people permanently enslaved by the tyranny of fear and superstitution, facing the future with a kind of helpless dread. Two others facing the future with confidence - having escaped one of the darker places of the Twilight Zone.

Last edited by Foster Zygote; 8th April 2021 at 12:06 PM.
Foster Zygote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th April 2021, 11:53 AM   #7
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
I suspect Gord is mocking the Daily Mail for its shameless sensationalism and failure to establish causality by jokingly implying that any deaths occurring immediately after publication of their article can be blamed on said article.
Counterbalance in the little town of Ridgeview, Ohio. Two people permanently enslaved by the tyranny of fear and superstitution, facing the future with a kind of helpless dread. Two others facing the future with confidence - having escaped one of the darker places of the Twilight Zone.
Foster Zygote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th April 2021, 12:06 PM   #8
Caroline13
Muse

Originally Posted by Foster Zygote View Post
So, "a while" is about four hours.I

Regarding the highlighted word - you don't really know, do you. You've become somewhat notorious for citing sources that make a lot of bat **** insane claims, so it's reasonable to assume that the source for your latest claim is no different.

If people aren't dying in droves from the vaccines in four months, will you simply ignore all reminders of your claim, or will you revise your prophecy for fulfillment at a later date? It seems doubtful you'll admit that you were wrong.
No one KNOWS and I'm very careful with my Coulds, Woulds, Shoulds.

And Pharma will continue to protect their technology vaccines. Deny all they can and media goes along with Pharma.

And in the last couple days all I'm hearing are commercials on mothers/grandmothers pleading with their families to get the vaccines so we can all sit together and grandma can cook for everyone again ..... sickening...and I'd bet big that this is all over the TVs now, which I do not own.

Keep it Simple

Last edited by Caroline13; 8th April 2021 at 12:09 PM.
Caroline13 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th April 2021, 12:22 PM   #9
Caroline13
Muse

Originally Posted by Gord_in_Toronto View Post
Woman dies three hours after receiving her first Covid-19 vaccination in Logan, Queensland

Oh well. "It's not clear if the vaccine has any link to the woman's death as she was also suffering from a lung disease at the time of her death."

Lots of reports of deaths after the Mrna jabs, and it can NOT be totally clear as to just why, but makes one think a lot, if one is a critical thinker.

Keep it Simple
Old 8th April 2021, 12:24 PM   #10
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

And Pharma will continue to protect their technology vaccines. Deny all they can and media goes along with Pharma.
You could stand to be a little more careful with your syntax.

For someone who doesn't know, you've been awfully specific about advising people not to get vaccinated. So what source has convinced you? Was it one of those other sources that advocates crazy things that you clearly don't want to talk about? And given that you thought that DNA was a preservative, why should anyone conclude that you know anything about mRNA? You don't even know how to write the acronym.
Old 8th April 2021, 12:25 PM   #11
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

Lots of reports of deaths after the Mrna jabs, and it can NOT be totally clear as to just why, but makes one think a lot, if one is a critical thinker.
A critical thinker knows about risk/reward ratios.
Old 8th April 2021, 12:40 PM   #12
TheSupermeerkat
Muse

Is the critical thinker you, by any chance - the person who thought Deoxyribonucleic acid was a food preservative?

If you're a critical thinker then I'm Neil Armstrong.
TheSupermeerkat is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th April 2021, 12:40 PM   #13
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

Lots of reports of deaths after the Mrna jabs...
Citation needed.

Quote:
...and it can NOT be totally clear as to just why, but makes one think a lot, if one is a critical thinker.
What can be stated with absolute certainty is that any very large population sample will contain individuals who will die within a short time after being sampled. If you vaccinate millions of people, some of them are going to be dead a few weeks later. If you sample millions of people who watch the series finale of a hit TV show, some of them will be dead within a few weeks.

Most of the people here are educated enough to recognize a **** methodology when we smell one. And if all you can offer is anecdotal reports about people dying after a COVID-19 vaccination, that's a **** methodology. You might as well offer anecdotal reports as proof that the series finale of The Office was deadly by pointing to a handful of fans who died within a week of watching it.

You don't have any statistics supporting a higher than normal death rate for the population that has been vaccinated, nor any medical statistics attributing a significant number of deaths to vaccines. If such data does materialize, it certainly won't be someone like you who finds it.
Old 8th April 2021, 12:43 PM   #14
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Lots of reports of deaths after the Mrna jabs . . .
Reports? Anecdotes? Bull ******

You are not a critical thinker; you are a bull ******** snake oil peddler whose health advice should be ignored.

Last edited by Resume; 8th April 2021 at 12:44 PM.
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th April 2021, 01:08 PM   #15
Lrrr
Stealth Hug Ninja

If there are "lots of reports", you should be able to link to one or two so we can evaluate their veracity.
Old 8th April 2021, 01:42 PM   #16
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
Failure of imagination? I screwed up the title because I exceeded the number of characters I could type.
Old 8th April 2021, 01:44 PM   #17
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by RecoveringYuppy View Post
Only way I can reconcile the title with the data provided is that the OP has confused days with years and possibly used the wrong year.
Or even both?
Old 8th April 2021, 01:44 PM   #18
Galaxie
Muse

And in the last couple days all I'm hearing are commercials on mothers/grandmothers pleading with their families to get the vaccines so we can all sit together and grandma can cook for everyone again ..... sickening...and I'd bet big that this is all over the TVs now, which I do not own.
You're hearing commercials and yet you don't have a TV? Uh oh...Quick! Get the tinfoil!

Last edited by Galaxie; 8th April 2021 at 01:45 PM.
Galaxie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th April 2021, 01:46 PM   #19
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

I suspect Gord is mocking the Daily Mail for its shameless sensationalism and failure to establish causality by jokingly implying that any deaths occurring immediately after publication of their article can be blamed on said article.
Possibly right. I'll take other explanations.
Old 8th April 2021, 01:48 PM   #20
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Ok. So here's one who doesn't (get it).
Old 8th April 2021, 02:41 PM   #21
P.J. Denyer
Philosopher

Ok. So here's one who doesn't (get it).
This is the danger when you aim satire above the LCD when some people are peddling dangerous, possibly lethal misinformation.

"Nebulous means Nebulous" - Adam Hills
P.J. Denyer is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th April 2021, 03:42 PM   #22
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Galaxie View Post
You're hearing commercials and yet you don't have a TV? Uh oh...Quick! Get the tinfoil!
No... she's definitely a talk radio and Facebook kind o' gal.

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th April 2021, 08:17 PM   #23
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

That was my take as well.
If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th April 2021, 08:20 PM   #24
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

How many of the two experimental groups in the MRNA vaccines trials have died?
Craig4 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th April 2021, 08:23 PM   #25
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Wow, that's the funniest thing you've written yet. Your lie here made me shoot beer out of my nose. It's expensive beer too. Of course you're not careful about what you write. I'm assuming you're being ironic here since it's so obviously dishonest.
Craig4 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th April 2021, 09:34 PM   #26
Caroline13
Muse

Originally Posted by Galaxie View Post
I have my radio on from 1PM until I go to sleep at 11:30PM...wise person...

Keep it Simple
Old 8th April 2021, 09:41 PM   #27
Caroline13
Muse

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
How many of the two experimental groups in the MRNA vaccines trials have died?
This may be fairly recent, could be higher by now:

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/d...orts-death-up/

Keep it Simple
Old 8th April 2021, 09:58 PM   #28
marting
Master Poster

Over the last 3 months I'm certain a much higher percentage of people that got Covid-19 vaccines have died than the percentage of people that died that hadn't been vaccinated.

For pretty obvious reasons. Duh.
Old 8th April 2021, 10:16 PM   #29
Puppycow
Penultimate Amazing

150,000 people per day was typical as of 2017 (from all causes). (The figure cited in the famous song by Blue Oyster Cult "40,000 men and women every day" is a bit out of date. The song was recorded in 1975, and probably relied on earlier estimates.) Recently according to Worldometer, the number of deaths due to COVID-19 is about 10,000 per day. Likely an underestimate of course. If I had to guess I'd say somewhere around 180,000 people have died within the last 24 hours. 55 million though? unlikely.
Old 8th April 2021, 11:50 PM   #30
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

This may be fairly recent, could be higher by now:

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/d...orts-death-up/
Ah, here we have a website advocating that there is still mercury in vaccines (there isn't), that vaccines causes autism (they don't), and that the current vaccines alter DNA (they don't). Basically a mouthpiece for RFK Jr. who has the woo-woos REAL bad.

Nice looking website, pity the research is so pitifully bad.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th April 2021, 11:51 PM   #31
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Don't the other nursing home residents complain about 8pm or so?
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th April 2021, 12:15 AM   #32
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

You do realise that there are some TV channels which are far more trustworthy sources of information than most radio channels? And that such TV channels are also more trustworthy than many websites, including the ones you uncritically believe and quote?

You seem a lot like my late brother-in-law, whose tendancy to believe what he read was inversely proportional to the amount of evidence for it. He would proudly boast that he didn't believe in evolution, whilst assuring me that aliens were living amongst us and the world would end in 1999. Unfortunately one of the well evidenced scientific discoveries he refused to believe was that there was a link between smoking and cancer. He smoked like a chimney, and died of cancer at the age of 59.
Old 9th April 2021, 12:34 AM   #33
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Our Federal Health Minister, usually a fountain of platitudes, got it right this time in relation to this event:
Quote:
Health Minister Greg Hunt said more than 1000 people died in aged care in Australia every week, and that number would inevitably include people who had been vaccinated recently.
Simples.
Old 9th April 2021, 12:35 AM   #34
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Ah, here we have a website advocating that there is still mercury in vaccines (there isn't), that vaccines causes autism (they don't), and that the current vaccines alter DNA (they don't). Basically a mouthpiece for RFK Jr. who has the woo-woos REAL bad.

Nice looking website, pity the research is so pitifully bad.
Regarding the highlighted:
I spent some time of RFK Jr's website, looking for evidence for his claims. I came away with a bad taste in my mouth.
Yes, the site is very slick and glossy-looking, and has the appearance of having factual, medical foundations.
The reality is somewhat different. The 'Fact Sheets' that I read contained nothing of the sort: rather, they were full of half-truths, distorted and out-of-context claims, and a number of claims that were completely untrue.
I discovered this by some simple googling- and this is where I (respectfully) disagree with you. This is not poor research: this is deliberate dishonesty. It is simply not possible to have gained the level of knowledge to be able to post what they did, without simultaneously learning that the claims are false.
The site is pure propaganda- well-presented, surprisingly (for CT-ists) gramatically accurate, and with lots of picture of people in white lab coats to make it look all doctory- but all of it intentionally misleading.
My guess is that these people want attention, adoration and renumeration, and don't care at all how they get it.
Sickening- and shame on you, Caroline13, for spreading this toxic manure. People are dying because of this kind of misinformation and scaremongering.
Old 9th April 2021, 06:34 AM   #35
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
Regarding the highlighted:
I spent some time of RFK Jr's website, looking for evidence for his claims. I came away with a bad taste in my mouth.
Yes, the site is very slick and glossy-looking, and has the appearance of having factual, medical foundations.
The reality is somewhat different. The 'Fact Sheets' that I read contained nothing of the sort: rather, they were full of half-truths, distorted and out-of-context claims, and a number of claims that were completely untrue.
I discovered this by some simple googling- and this is where I (respectfully) disagree with you. This is not poor research: this is deliberate dishonesty. It is simply not possible to have gained the level of knowledge to be able to post what they did, without simultaneously learning that the claims are false.
We are in violent agreement. I meant "bad" as in "criminal".
Quote:
The site is pure propaganda- well-presented, surprisingly (for CT-ists) gramatically accurate, and with lots of picture of people in white lab coats to make it look all doctory- but all of it intentionally misleading.
My guess is that these people want attention, adoration and renumeration, and don't care at all how they get it.
Sickening- and shame on you, Caroline13, for spreading this toxic manure. People are dying because of this kind of misinformation and scaremongering.
More than anything, they want your MONEY.
Old 9th April 2021, 08:18 AM   #36
Armitage72
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Our Federal Health Minister, usually a fountain of platitudes, got it right this time in relation to this event
Quote:
Health Minister Greg Hunt said more than 1000 people died in aged care in Australia every week, and that number would inevitably include people who had been vaccinated recently.

It's like the claims back in the `80s that "x% of teenagers who play Dungeons & Dragons have committed suicide", without mentioning that the percentage of teenagers in general who committed suicide was the exact same percentage, or slightly higher.
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th April 2021, 08:34 AM   #37
Carrot Flower King
Muse

Still can't or won't get mRNA right - check.

Still linking to well-known sites of disinformation - check.

Still making unsubstantiated claims - check.

Oh, a new twist: claiming to see TV ads on a TV they don't have. Mmmmm, I'm sure I encountered that sort of thing professionally...
Carrot Flower King is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th April 2021, 08:38 AM   #38
P.J. Denyer
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Carrot Flower King View Post
Still can't or won't get mRNA right - check.

Still linking to well-known sites of disinformation - check.

Still making unsubstantiated claims - check.

Oh, a new twist: claiming to see TV ads on a TV they don't have. Mmmmm, I'm sure I encountered that sort of thing professionally...
Don't forget still lying about having misidentified DNA as a preservative & then doubled down on it. (Guess it's better to be a liar than uninformed & too lazy to google)

"Nebulous means Nebulous" - Adam Hills
P.J. Denyer is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th April 2021, 08:43 AM   #39
TheSupermeerkat
Muse

Time for Caroline13 to go to the nuthouse, methinks.
TheSupermeerkat is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th April 2021, 08:45 AM   #40
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

It's worse than that. Apparently she listens to 10½ hours of radio a day, with some of it being Alex Jones.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories