IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Deep State conspiracies , QAnon

Old 21st August 2020, 02:48 PM   #521
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Joe Random View Post
Nah, that only works on '71 Impalas.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...fec5053c94.png

Best damned car on the lot ...
This past weekend YT threw a "fluorescent (sp?) paint job on a car" vid at me, and now I'm sorry I passed on it.
It'll get you introduced to every night shift LEO in a 30 mile radius... but damn, that's spectacular.

I kid, but now I do have to find that vid to see what was actually done.

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.

Last edited by Jim_MDP; 21st August 2020 at 02:50 PM.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2020, 05:02 PM   #522
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Even right wingers understand Q is utter crap.
Quote:
Karl Rove condemns QAnon as 'a group of nuts and kooks,' says Trump 'ought to disavow them'
Others chime in on Q-nuttery.

Quote:
Jeb Bush, the former Florida governor and primary opponent of the president in 2016, tweeted his displeasure with Trump's remarks on the group, whose conspiracy theories the FBI said in 2019 "very likely motivate some domestic extremists."

Rep. Adam Kinzinger, a Republican from Illinois, tweeted "a reminder of QAnon’s track record” and said, “Let’s be clear, Complete BS.”

“Whoever wrote this does not ‘love our country' they seek to mislead and destroy it,” he wrote . . .

On Thursday, Rep. Liz Cheney of Wyoming, the No. 3 Republican in the House and the highest ranking GOP woman in Washington, added her name to the growing chorus of critics.

“QAnon is dangerous lunacy that should have no place in American politics,” Cheney said in a statement.
Dangerous Crackpot Lunatics isn't even a good name for a death metal band. Though it perfectly describes the credulous Q-nuts.

Last edited by Resume; 21st August 2020 at 05:03 PM.
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd August 2020, 10:45 AM   #523
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

The Republican Party found this stupid bitch to be sacrificed in the Oregon Senate race.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/22/polit...ace/index.html

She's a real wacko, anti masker and everything. I'm from Oregon and it's embarrassing that the Oregon Republican Party that produced Tom McCall and Mark Hatfield could only come up with a Q moron.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd August 2020, 11:25 AM   #524
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
this stupid bitch
Dude wth
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd August 2020, 11:32 AM   #525
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

I saw my first Q-mobile yesterday, a pickup that went by as I was waiting to pull out from a stop sign. Writing in the back window included a big Q, "WYSWYG" or whatever that is, and something about JFK Jr. Unfortunately I had to wait a bit longer to pull out and didn't see him again. Kind of odd to see in this liberal little town.
Old 22nd August 2020, 11:55 AM   #526
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Checkmite View Post
Dude wth
She's just a Tump supporter.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd August 2020, 11:56 AM   #527
KDLarsen
Illuminator

Presumably WWG1WGA?

But yeah, it's never the ones you expect. A former colleague of mine has gone full Covidiot, spewing a lot of anti-mask lies etc. on Facebook. I thought it was a fitting time to start pruning my friends list on there...
KDLarsen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd August 2020, 06:08 PM   #528
Bubba
Philosopher

To sum up exactly what it was that Clinesmith did, here’s a paragraph from the Department of Justice’s official website:

(“Individual #1” is Carter Page. The OGA is the CIA. The FBI SSA was Stephen Somma.)

Quote:
“Prior to the submission of the fourth FISA application, and after Individual #1 stated publicly that he/she had assisted the U.S. government in the past, an FBI Supervisory Special Agent (‘SSA’) asked Clinesmith to inquire with the OGA as to whether Individual #1 had ever been a ‘source’ for the OGA. On June 15, 2017, Clinesmith sent an email to a liaison at the OGA (‘OGA Liaison’) seeking clarification as to whether Individual #1 was an OGA source, and the OGA Liaison responded via email to Clinesmith. On June 19, 2017, Clinesmith altered the email he received from the OGA Liaison by adding the words ‘not a source,’ and then forwarded the email to the FBI SSA. Relying on the altered email, on June 29, 2017, the SSA signed and submitted the fourth FISA application to the U.S. Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court. The application did not include Individual #1’s history or status with the OGA.”
https://www.theepochtimes.com/its-du...r_3469056.html
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd August 2020, 06:14 PM   #529
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
To sum up . . . Blah. Blahblah. Blahblahblah.
Blahblahblahblah.
No pizzagate.

No frogmarching (except for Trump cronies).

No gitmo.

No resurrected JFK JR.

No OBAMAGATE!!

Ever.

Only the plaintive bleating of Q-sheep.

Bah-bah-bah.
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd August 2020, 06:35 PM   #530
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

To sum up exactly what it was that Clinesmith did, here’s a paragraph from the Department of Justice’s official website:

(“Individual #1” is Carter Page. The OGA is the CIA. The FBI SSA was Stephen Somma.)

https://www.theepochtimes.com/its-du...r_3469056.html
Yawn.
Old 22nd August 2020, 07:53 PM   #531
carlitos
"más divertido"

I wonder how many Q people know who puts out the epoch times.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd August 2020, 09:11 PM   #532
Matthew Ellard
Illuminator

The Epoch Times is an international multi-language newspaper and media company affiliated with the anti-communist Falun Gong new religious movement.....The Epoch Media Group's news sites and YouTube channels have spread conspiracy theories such as QAnon and anti-vaccination propaganda
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Epoch_Times

Bubba subscribes to the Epoch Times.
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd August 2020, 03:14 AM   #533
tusenfem
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
I saw my first Q-mobile yesterday, a pickup that went by as I was waiting to pull out from a stop sign. Writing in the back window included a big Q, "WYSWYG" or whatever that is, and something about JFK Jr. Unfortunately I had to wait a bit longer to pull out and didn't see him again. Kind of odd to see in this liberal little town.
Apparently it is difficult not to confuse WWG1WGA with WYSIWYG, and putting it up without a spelling mistake.
Or maybe it is a new version: Where You Solo, Want You Gone" or whatever.
Old 23rd August 2020, 04:15 AM   #534
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by Checkmite View Post
This is amazing. I'm now seeing a glut of conservatives who claim to "not know very much about" QAnon but are nevertheless defending QAnon against negative media. "What's wrong with not liking pedophiles?"
Then they must hate their own party.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd August 2020, 08:56 AM   #535
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by tusenfem View Post
Apparently it is difficult not to confuse WWG1WGA with WYSIWYG, and putting it up without a spelling mistake.
Or maybe it is a new version: Where You Solo, Want You Gone" or whatever.
Or maybe I was making a silly joke and left out the letter I! Damn!
I wish I'd been able to catch him up and have my wife take a picture but he was long gone before traffic cleared. Then again, it's a small community. It's not unlikely I'll see him again.

ETA: I was just looking to see if I could find images of Q-cars, without much luck, but I did see several with a Q in a rabbit. Why a rabbit?

Last edited by Trebuchet; 23rd August 2020 at 09:02 AM.
Trebuchet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd August 2020, 09:43 AM   #536
Bubba
Philosopher

Topic Masters !

New revelations abound around Millie Weaver's fishy whistleblowers in her ShadowGate "blockbuster". The plot thickens.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/SKsBjV4UF6HF/
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd August 2020, 10:55 AM   #537
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Blah. Blather. Dither. Babble.
No pizzagate.

No frogmarching (except for Trump cronies).

No gitmo.

No resurrected JFK JR.

No OBAMAGATE!!

Ever.

Only the plaintive bleating of Q-sheep.

Bah-bah-bah.
Old 23rd August 2020, 11:34 AM   #538
carlitos
"más divertido"

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Or maybe I was making a silly joke and left out the letter I! Damn!
I wish I'd been able to catch him up and have my wife take a picture but he was long gone before traffic cleared. Then again, it's a small community. It's not unlikely I'll see him again.

ETA: I was just looking to see if I could find images of Q-cars, without much luck, but I did see several with a Q in a rabbit. Why a rabbit?

It’s from the expression “going down the rabbit hole.” When you get sucked into deeper and deeper conspiracies, especially on YouTube, you’re falling deeper down the rabbit hole. Q people just lack the self-awareness to understand that this behavior is not a positive thing, their failing brain and lack of critical faculties, so they actually brag about their shared delusions.

There was a decent podcast on this phenomenon, called “rabbit hole.” It’s only 4 or 5 episodes, and discusses a guy falling into white supremacy nonsense via the YouTube algorithm.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd August 2020, 11:56 AM   #539
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Topic Masters !

New revelations abound around Millie Weaver's fishy whistleblowers in her ShadowGate "blockbuster". The plot thickens.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/SKsBjV4UF6HF/
So, tell me. Are well reasoned, coherent arguments just something that happen to other people?
Old 23rd August 2020, 12:02 PM   #540
gmanontario
Muse

I just watched an interview with a Q-nut. When asked why Hilary hasn't been arrested yet she said "How do you know she hasn't?". The interviewer said that Hilary was on TV at the DNC convention, no warrants are out nor have been issued for her arrest and she is spotted regularly at restaurants. The Q-nut responded with "There's no evidence she hasn't been arrested and THEY wouldn't let the news out if she was anyway."
I fear for the USA for sure when someone can say that with a straight face.

I also paraphrased so it's not verbatim.

Red Green
gmanontario is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd August 2020, 12:08 PM   #541
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by gmanontario View Post
I just watched an interview with a Q-nut. When asked why Hilary hasn't been arrested yet she said "How do you know she hasn't?". The interviewer said that Hilary was on TV at the DNC convention, no warrants are out nor have been issued for her arrest and she is spotted regularly at restaurants. The Q-nut responded with "There's no evidence she hasn't been arrested and THEY wouldn't let the news out if she was anyway."
I fear for the USA for sure when someone can say that with a straight face.

I also paraphrased so it's not verbatim.
So, it's their theory that the BOP let her record a video message for the DNC from her living room? I've been in rather a few jails and prisons (in my various jobs, not as a guest) and where she was sitting didn't look much like a prison to me.
Old 23rd August 2020, 12:58 PM   #542
Checkmite

Originally Posted by catsmate View Post
Then they must hate their own party.
One of the earliest "iterations" of what is now QAnon was a conspiracy theory that the head of a small-town credit union in Omaha, Nebraska ran a child-trafficking and -cannibalism ring in the 80's. Two of the people who originally claimed to be victims of this enterprise in court were later found guilty of perjury and sentenced to prison; both a state and a federal investigation found the claims baseless. One of those alleged victims was a man named Paul Bonacci, a convicted child molester who some time after his conviction started making these allegations that he had molested his victims at the behest of this cabal, which had kidnapped and molested him when he was younger and turned him into some sort of henchman when he grew up.

By telling the conspiracy idiots what they wanted to hear, a known, convicted child molester with multiple, verified victims effectively turned himself into a celebrated hero in the eyes of people who claim to care about children and putting a stop to child abuse, redirecting their attention away from his actual, substantiated crimes and onto a bunch of fairy-tale ghost-story villains and nameless armies of victimized children that don't exist and never did.

These people will absolutely put literal child molesters on pedestals, making any excuse necessary as long as they're on the right "side".
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd August 2020, 01:42 PM   #543
gmanontario
Muse

So, it's their theory that the BOP let her record a video message for the DNC from her living room? I've been in rather a few jails and prisons (in my various jobs, not as a guest) and where she was sitting didn't look much like a prison to me.
Whatever that morons theories are, its just stupid. I'm not American, but I bet if you are arrested then you are allowed to defend yourself in whatever manner is legal and presumed innocence. "Lower the" Barr wouldn't hesitate for a nanosecond to announce something like this.

I avoided trying to figure out an idiots reasoning and went outside to play with the dog.

Also I watched a protest against eating children. Is that a thing in the States?

Red Green
gmanontario is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd August 2020, 02:19 PM   #544
Elagabalus
Philosopher

Green Cell and Chroma key compositing.
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd August 2020, 04:10 PM   #545
Bubba
Philosopher

The Left's latest worst nightmare is Blacks and Whites coming together, loving each other and loving their country.
Old 23rd August 2020, 04:18 PM   #546
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

The Left's latest worst nightmare is Blacks and Whites coming together, loving each other and loving their country.
The Right's worst nightmare is Blacks.
Old 23rd August 2020, 04:45 PM   #547
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

MY worst Nightmare is random capitalization of non-proper Nouns. Well, maybe not my worst; that would be another four years of that blithering orange idiot and the moronic credules he inspires.
Old 23rd August 2020, 05:52 PM   #548
Matthew Ellard
Illuminator

Gee Bubba? I don't see a lot of "Blacks" at your Q-Anon right wing rally?

Why is that?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg USA Nazis.jpg (101.4 KB, 12 views)
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd August 2020, 06:15 PM   #549
carlitos
"más divertido"

Qanon Conspiracy Theories Part Two

Fred Hampton of the Black Panthers had poor whites allied with him when he started the Rainbow Coalition in Chicago in 1969. The “Young patriots” i think, they were poor whites and their descendants from the south who had migrated north just like the blacks had.

They may have also been allied with MLK when he stayed in Chicago organizing the year before, but I’m not positive about that.
Old 23rd August 2020, 06:26 PM   #550
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Matthew Ellard View Post
Gee Bubba? I don't see a lot of "Blacks" at your Q-Anon right wing rally?

Why is that?
Now these guys wearing and carrying swastikas, did anyone ever tell them that a whole hell of a lot of the free world gave their lives to prevent Nazis from taking over the free world? Also, the Nazis lost.

I guess it's like the confederate flag fetishists: Losers attracting other losers.
Old 23rd August 2020, 07:30 PM   #551
gmanontario
Muse

I read an article where Nazi racial purity laws were created after studying Jim Crow laws. They thought some went too far though.
Qnuts are too stupid to read history.

Red Green
Old 23rd August 2020, 08:28 PM   #552
Matthew Ellard
Illuminator

Originally Posted by gmanontario View Post
Qnuts are too stupid to read history.
I think you overestimated Q-Anon followers skill level, so I shortened your sentence.

I think that, as the Q-Anon cult does not have a leader setting out what the cult's propaganda exactly is, this allows for its followers to believe that their own nutty conspiracy is the same as Q-Anon's. If I asked ten Q-Anon followers to write down the cult's belief and supporting evidence, they would all give different answers.

This is why Bubba can't write coherent sentences and only links to other people rambling on. Bubba can't actually set out what he is claiming, in his own words.
Old 23rd August 2020, 09:01 PM   #553
Bubba
Philosopher

If you think it is ridiculous to say that child traffickers are in the highest positions, then explain why Ghislane Maxwell spoke before the U.N. nine times.
Old 23rd August 2020, 09:07 PM   #554
Bubba
Philosopher

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
Fred Hampton of the Black Panthers had poor whites allied with him when he started the Rainbow Coalition in Chicago in 1969. The “Young patriots” i think, they were poor whites and their descendants from the south who had migrated north just like the blacks had.

They may have also been allied with MLK when he stayed in Chicago organizing the year before, but I’m not positive about that.

Didnt MLK also call for racial harmony ?

Now wonder the left pounds the racism drums each election year. If more blacks listen to the thousands of blacks now walking away from the democrat plantation, the democrat party loses

Some Blacks call it "Blexit"

Last edited by Bubba; 23rd August 2020 at 09:17 PM.
Old 23rd August 2020, 09:13 PM   #555
Matthew Ellard
Illuminator

If you think it is ridiculous to say that child traffickers are in the highest positions, then explain why Ghislane Maxwell spoke before the U.N. nine times.
You mean Ghislaine Maxwell lobbied a division of the United Nations on behalf of the now defunct environmental charity The TerraMar Project

So Bubba? What high government position are your pretending Ghislaine Maxwell had?
Old 23rd August 2020, 09:19 PM   #556
Matthew Ellard
Illuminator

Now wonder the left pounds the racism drums each election year.
Go on Bubba, tell us? Which one of these people is you at The Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville?

Hmmmmm.....where are all the non white people? Didn't you invite them?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Charlottesville 6.jpg (51.9 KB, 4 views)
Old 23rd August 2020, 09:51 PM   #557
Bubba
Philosopher

Conversation seen online:

Normal person:

Quote:
Charles Wade, BLM co-founder was arrested in 2016 for Child Sex Trafficking, In other words, he was arrested for modern day slave trading.

Idiot:

Quote:
Not good but that does not change the fact that racism, violent racism, exists in society and law enforcement. Epstein and Trump were close buds and one is President with a history of going after young girls. I am not saying that Trump was in the sex trade any more than the Qanon wackos conspiracy of Democrats are all pedophiles and eat children for dinner. Anyway, this BLM guy should be incarcerated if he was found guilty.

Normal person:

Quote:
Nobody is saying "Democrats are all pedophiles..." Your statement "the Qnon wackos conspiracy of Democrats are all pedophiles and eat children for dinner...". is typical of silly exaggeration which is also untrue. Try sticking with facts.

There is a confirmed list of over 80 Republican and Democrat elected officials recently convicted of sexually abusing underage and very young children (toddlers).

John McCain's wife Cindy is on video saying "We all knew what Epstein was doing but nobody did anything". Controlling politicians is easy with a video of the politician abusing a child. Knowing this age old trick sheds a new light on watching how politicians vote.

Good people in Hollywood are finally speaking out against the same problem in Hollywood.

Pedophiles have code words for their preferences and activities. Pizza shop owner and Clintons' friend James Alefantis, and the Clintons' friends the Podesta brothers use the code words. ("PIzzagate" was never investigated.) In their tweets and other postings, friends of Alefantis and his musicians use the code words, on video, and in tweets.

John Podesta is a Clinton insider, was Bill's Chief of staff. These are simple public facts you can see for yourself. Tony Podesta has *art* depicting child rape, and child abuse. Bill Clinton's name appears 26 times in the FAA Flight log of Epstein's plane.We already know Bill Clinton is a hound dog. Juanita Broderick, for example. Kathleen Wiley, etc etc.

Also on video, you can see a Florida police official publicly thanking Trump for voluntarily coming forward with information on Epstein's Florida sex offense a few years ago.

Idiot:

Quote:
More conspiracy nonsense

Normal person:

Quote:
You can quickly confirm this for yourself, about Google. Nowadays, google is ALWAYS slanted toward stifling conservative and favoring liberal. Search term: "Podesta pedophile artwork". Look at the difference between search results under DuckDuckGo, vs Google:

Google results

DuckDuckGo results

Youtube is guilty of the same stifling of conservative voices. Google owns youTube. Twitter is as bad or worse. It truly is information warfare.

Last edited by Bubba; 23rd August 2020 at 09:56 PM.
Old 23rd August 2020, 10:29 PM   #558
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

This is such an exaggeration it falls into the lie category.
Old 23rd August 2020, 10:32 PM   #559
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Yeah, I'm sure that's why your president had all those people gassed and clubbed in Lafayette Square.
Old 23rd August 2020, 10:44 PM   #560
Checkmite

Quote:
Nobody is saying "Democrats are all pedophiles..." Your statement "the Qnon wackos conspiracy of Democrats are all pedophiles and eat children for dinner...". is typical of silly exaggeration which is also untrue. Try sticking with facts.
Right, the Democrat pedophiles don't eat the children for dinner, they extract a hallucinogenic drug from the children's blood and drink it so they can live forever. Thanks for that nitpick.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories