IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2020 elections , donald trump , election conspiracies , Jenna Ellis , Lin Wood , rudy giuliani , Sidney Powell

Closed Thread
Old 18th November 2020, 03:03 PM   #481
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
30 pieces of silver?
Wales?

(Great line from "A Man For All Seasons".

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th November 2020, 03:06 PM   #482
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Aside from the Devil, Alex Jones went down to Georgia...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp

The GOP is now embracing a guy who not so long ago, was accusing a GOP President of being behing 9/11, back in the days when Jones was playing to the wackjob left as a leader of the Truther movement???
Have fun, GOP, when the Jones the rattlesnake will turn on you again...

Robert Heinlein.

Last edited by dudalb; 18th November 2020 at 03:09 PM.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th November 2020, 04:58 PM   #483
eerok
Quixoticist

I guess we're at another "Blame Canada" moment.

Toronto company finds itself at the centre of Trump's unfounded vote fraud allegations [cbc.ca]
Quote:
Dominion Voting Systems, an elections technology company founded in Toronto, is being targeted by U.S. President Donald Trump and his allies as they claim the recent presidential election results were rigged by the firm — claims the company says are entirely baseless.
Old 18th November 2020, 06:04 PM   #484
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
How true, I guess Smartcooky was right....after all ownership is obviously irrelevant when it comes to controlling what MSM reports.

Forget about media execs connections to Blderberg, CFR, and Trilateral Commission.
Well done Bubba ... over a quarter of a century late to the party.
If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th November 2020, 07:05 PM   #485
Bubba
Philosopher

No, seriously, the owners are known for hiring managers opposed to their political views. As a matter of fact they never consider a job candidates' politics before hiring them to manage what their media company tells the public. It was silly to think otherwise. Smartcooky has it right, after all
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th November 2020, 07:17 PM   #486
Matthew Ellard
Illuminator

No, seriously, the owners are known for hiring managers opposed to their political views.

Fascinating.........so how do the directors of media companies determine the political views of all their thousands of different shareholders?

You don't actually know what a public company is, do you?
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th November 2020, 09:05 PM   #487
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

Originally Posted by Armitage72 View Post
The news stations in that video are all owned by Sinclair Broadcast Group, a pro-Trump media corporation that specifically told him "We are here to deliver your message."
They were functioning as a propaganda arm of the government in that video, not as the "main stream media".
Bubba has admittedly come up with some hilarious moments in the past; but taking a propaganda statement that pro-Trump Sinclair forced all of its owned stations to air - a statement that was specifically complaining about and pledging to take a stand against supposed left-dominated media coverage - and saying "look this is what the scary lib MSM does", has to be the crown jewel thus far.
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th November 2020, 09:50 PM   #488
Bubba
Philosopher

Trump can use the Sept 2018 executive order

I'll try to summarize.

If the President can demonstrate that the election (electronic voting machines) have been tampered with by a foreign country ... well, they can toss them.

The lawfully counted votes will count to law-makers and legislators. If they ignore the legal/lawful votes adjudicated by SCotUS, then, the House of Representatives will weigh in, or the Senate can, or (Sept 2018) the executive Branch can.

The Executive had the right, from the Civil War times, to deny any delegate entry to the capital city while the Electoral College is going on.

Those are 'blunt' powers ... but they exist. When we are speculating why the President is confidently Tweeting "we won big", it's worth knowing what laws are on the books. The Democratic Party will have a tough time calling it a "baseless conspiracy theory' when Amy and Liz have written a letter about it.
If it's a conspiracy theory, it's bipartisan one, and Amy & Liz are "in on it". So, scratch that easy dismissal debating point (from the easily unimpressed).
How dirty does Sidney Powell have to make Dominion in order to have them tossed ? The Sept 2018 Executive Order has an influence on defining the legal/lawful votes.

It's a stark choice - the mail-in ballots were a ****-show. An audit would be more thorough than a recount. How long will it take ? The Dec.8 deadline for approving Electoral College electors is approaching and there's a run-off in Georgia first week of January, so, there is time to have a whole new election - but they would have to start now, get an order and run in an election.

A fresh election might be attempted, but Joe Biden didn't run a campaign at all - just some Photo-Ops and tortured interviews. Trump would hold rally after rally. Who can repeat their record-breaking numbers ? I think the guy who can hold rallies will win - especially if he's the underdog and everything is riding on the outcome.

Tossing the votes being requested - will likely flip the State, otherwise, the SCotUS wouldn't be hearing it. So, right now, there's 6 or 7 States "in play".
We started with 50 Chess games in a tournament, there's 6 or 7 games still being played.

Stale-mate goes to the incumbent. Joe Biden needs to produce 270 Electoral College votes. He can't put the Presidency out of reach, until the allegations of fraud have been dealt with.

- seen on FaceBook
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th November 2020, 10:22 PM   #489
Matthew Ellard
Illuminator

I'll try to summarize.........as seen on FaceBook

"Executive Order on Imposing Certain Sanctions in the Event of Foreign Interference in a United States Election"
https://www.whitehouse.gov/president...ates-election/

"The assessment shall identify, to the maximum extent ascertainable, the nature of any foreign interference and any methods employed to execute it, the persons involved, and the foreign government or governments that authorized, directed, sponsored, or supported it."

"Heads of all relevant agencies shall transmit to the Director of National Intelligence any information relevant to the execution of the Director’s duties pursuant to this order, as appropriate and consistent with applicable law"

Sooooooo.... Bubba? Has Giuliani presented evidence it was Russia again or the evil foreign democrats? Is Trump going to apply sanctions against the evil foreign Democrats?
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th November 2020, 10:27 PM   #490
Matthew Ellard
Illuminator

When we are speculating why the President is confidently Tweeting "we won big", it's worth knowing what laws are on the books..........as seen on Facebook.......
That means reading the actual law Bubba. Some anonymous idiot writing nonsense on Facebook, who missed the meaning of the words "foreign" and "sanctions" isn't the law, is it?
Old 18th November 2020, 10:31 PM   #491
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Bubba, what do you think will happen if Trump tricks his way into a second term?
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th November 2020, 10:35 PM   #492
Matthew Ellard
Illuminator

How dirty does Sidney Powell have to make Dominion in order to have them tossed ?
You are falling for your own BS Bubba. How is Dominion foreign?

"Giuliani told Fox Business host Lou Dobbs in an interview on Nov. 12. “Dominion is a Canadian company but all of its software is Smartmatic software.”

"Dominion, for one, is not a Canadian company. It has been majority owned since 2018 by Staple Street Capital, a New York private equity firm."
https://apnews.com/article/fact-chec...ent:9740535009

Try harder Bubba. At the moment all your posts are just hilarious entertainment.
Old 19th November 2020, 12:01 AM   #493
Elagabalus
Philosopher

I'll try to summarize.

If the President can demonstrate that the election (electronic voting machines) have been tampered with by a foreign country ... well, they can toss them.

The lawfully counted votes will count to law-makers and legislators. If they ignore the legal/lawful votes adjudicated by SCotUS, then, the House of Representatives will weigh in, or the Senate can, or (Sept 2018) the executive Branch can.

The Executive had the right, from the Civil War times, to deny any delegate entry to the capital city while the Electoral College is going on.

Those are 'blunt' powers ... but they exist. When we are speculating why the President is confidently Tweeting "we won big", it's worth knowing what laws are on the books. The Democratic Party will have a tough time calling it a "baseless conspiracy theory' when Amy and Liz have written a letter about it.
If it's a conspiracy theory, it's bipartisan one, and Amy & Liz are "in on it". So, scratch that easy dismissal debating point (from the easily unimpressed).
How dirty does Sidney Powell have to make Dominion in order to have them tossed ? The Sept 2018 Executive Order has an influence on defining the legal/lawful votes.

It's a stark choice - the mail-in ballots were a ****-show. An audit would be more thorough than a recount. How long will it take ? The Dec.8 deadline for approving Electoral College electors is approaching and there's a run-off in Georgia first week of January, so, there is time to have a whole new election - but they would have to start now, get an order and run in an election.

A fresh election might be attempted, but Joe Biden didn't run a campaign at all - just some Photo-Ops and tortured interviews. Trump would hold rally after rally. Who can repeat their record-breaking numbers ? I think the guy who can hold rallies will win - especially if he's the underdog and everything is riding on the outcome.

Tossing the votes being requested - will likely flip the State, otherwise, the SCotUS wouldn't be hearing it. So, right now, there's 6 or 7 States "in play".
We started with 50 Chess games in a tournament, there's 6 or 7 games still being played.

Stale-mate goes to the incumbent. Joe Biden needs to produce 270 Electoral College votes. He can't put the Presidency out of reach, until the allegations of fraud have been dealt with.

- seen on FaceBook
Oh ... Bubba. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Trump is ******* evil, dude. I think it's obvious that God wants Biden to win. Biden has 306! That's 36 electoral votes more than 270. Biden has got this! How do you explain that?
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 19th November 2020, 12:07 AM   #494
Matthew Ellard
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Elagabalus View Post
Oh ... Bubba. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
I suggest laughing. Trump has spent a week claiming the US Democrats stole the election.....so Bubba links us to an executive order about foreign interference allowing for economic sanctions.

I don't think Bubba understands what the word "foreign" means.
Old 19th November 2020, 04:53 AM   #495
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Just wanted to highlight this particular piece of ignorance.
It is estimated that Trump's rallies were directly responsible for some 30,000 new Covid cases, and around 700 deaths.
Given that his handling of the pandemic has been one of the key points of the election, I would have thought it the height of folly to double down on the superspreader events.
Now, we are talking about Trump here, so the height of folly is pretty much his stock in trade, but I do wonder if Bubba's anonymous FB sources have thought this through. When (not if: when) more people become ill, and more actually die, as a direct result of Trump's actions, do they really believe that this will result in more votes for him?
Old 19th November 2020, 05:36 AM   #496
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Bubba, will you be here posting on January 20th?
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 19th November 2020, 06:33 AM   #497
heymatto70
Thinker

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Bubba, will you be here posting on January 20th?
Maybe until 11:59 am Eastern. After that, things could change.
heymatto70 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 19th November 2020, 07:13 AM   #498
eerok
Quixoticist

Stale-mate goes to the incumbent.
No, if Trump doesn't win 270 electoral votes, he's out on 20 January 2021.

In other words, he's out.
Old 19th November 2020, 07:19 AM   #499
eerok
Quixoticist

All Trump has to do is prove that the Canadian government pulled the strings on the American election. Tell him to drop that McMuffin and get to work! Should be a breeze with Rudy helping out.

Lol, they're such morons.
Old 19th November 2020, 07:52 AM   #500
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

I know I should be more high-minded about this but I just really love drinking in all this Trump supporter suffering. Their pain, it just makes me so happy.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 19th November 2020, 08:32 AM   #501
Kestrel
Philosopher

I know I should be more high-minded about this but I just really love drinking in all this Trump supporter suffering. Their pain, it just makes me so happy.
Giuliani and Ellis will have a press conference on CSPAN at noon EST today covering the legal challenges and Trump’s path to victory.

I expect this to involve some really sketchy legal theories.
Kestrel is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 19th November 2020, 08:37 AM   #502
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
Giuliani and Ellis will have a press conference on CSPAN at noon EST today covering the legal challenges and Trump’s path to victory.

Along with some evidence they plan to present in the near future.
Old 19th November 2020, 08:51 AM   #503
eerok
Quixoticist

Along with some evidence they plan to present in the near future.
Who knows what Rudy will pull out of his pants next.
Old 19th November 2020, 09:11 AM   #504
Foggy of the Fogbow
Thinker

Originally Posted by eerok View Post
Who knows what Rudy will pull out of his pants next.
I don't know what but I know when. He and Jenna Ellis are supposed to have a press conference today at the RNC at noon Eastern time.

'Course, if Borat's daughter was too old for Rudy at age 15, I hate to think what he might try with Jenna Ellis, who is considerably older than that ...
Old 19th November 2020, 09:20 AM   #505
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

. . .
306 to 232. It's over.
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 19th November 2020, 10:54 AM   #506
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

This isn't WWE. The Champion doesn't get to keep the belt because he found himself losing so he intentionally DQed himself because the belt can't change hands on a countout or DQ victory.
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 19th November 2020, 11:35 AM   #507
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 19th November 2020, 12:00 PM   #508
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Ummm, black ooze leaks from Giuliani

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/om...ss-conference/

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 19th November 2020, 12:03 PM   #509
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post

Black goo!!! Chemical A0-3959X.91 – 15!!!

OMG!!!!! - Rudy's an Alien!!!

Quick - somebody call Weyland!

Last edited by smartcooky; 19th November 2020 at 12:05 PM.
Old 19th November 2020, 12:03 PM   #510
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post

It's fresh adrenachrome!! Rudy feasted on a child's brain just before the presser, and it's leaking out the holes in his head!!

I might be mixing up my CTs.

Last edited by Resume; 19th November 2020 at 12:05 PM.
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 19th November 2020, 01:14 PM   #511
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post

Seen the replay... it was hilarious. So long as Rudy doesn't find himself being prosecuted after Trump leaves office, he really does have a future as a straight man to a comic.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ce-on-thursday

Best response came from Josh Shapiro, the Pennsylvania Attorney General

Quote:
In case that thought pops in your head this morning, the answer is:

No, Rudy is not smarter than folks give him credit for. He doesn’t have a legal strategy and he has no facts to fit his client’s false narrative about election fraud.

Now carry on with your day. We got this.
Old 19th November 2020, 01:15 PM   #512
Bubba
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Checkmite View Post
...a propaganda statement that pro-Trump Sinclair forced all of its owned stations to air - a statement that was specifically complaining about and pledging to take a stand against supposed left-dominated media coverage - and saying "look this is what the scary lib MSM does", has to be the crown jewel thus far.

How true !

...and its just more proof that owners dont care what their employees tell their audience. Be wise like Smartcooky, pay no mind to the politics of the owners.

Last edited by Bubba; 19th November 2020 at 01:16 PM.
Old 19th November 2020, 02:19 PM   #513
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
It's fresh adrenachrome!! Rudy feasted on a child's brain just before the presser, and it's leaking out the holes in his head!!
The ironic thing here is that we're being silly, but if it was a person who wasn't on Team Trump, this is exactly what a substantial portion of QAnon would be posting to each other right now.
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 19th November 2020, 02:37 PM   #514
Elagabalus
Philosopher

Nevertheless, I'll be watching this thread in case anyone needs a hug or needs to talk about how they feel.
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 19th November 2020, 03:01 PM   #515
Matthew Ellard
Illuminator

I am wondering if Giuliani has early dementia. He accused Biden of having dementia and tweeted images of himself reading a DSM5 manual. Why did he have that manual in the first place? Some of Giuliani's behaviour has been very odd recently and his court appearances suggest confusion .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Giuliani dementia.jpg (59.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Giuliani hair dye.jpg (39.6 KB, 3 views)
Old 19th November 2020, 04:39 PM   #516
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

I'll try to summarize.
Try harder?

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 19th November 2020, 04:41 PM   #517
Bubba
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Elagabalus View Post
Nevertheless, I'll be watching this thread in case anyone needs a hug or needs to talk about how they feel.

Good plan.

Sidney Powell has released the Kraken.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGV3YRTSolY
Old 19th November 2020, 05:00 PM   #518
Matthew Ellard
Illuminator

Sidney Powell has released the Kraken.
Pssstttt....Bubba......the Kraken is a fictional invention........like Sidney Powell's fictional evidence.
Old 19th November 2020, 05:14 PM   #519
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

. . .
No, she's been consuming the Kraken.

1 for 28.

If you "have" something, you take to court, not to a half-assed presser featuring lunatic Ghooliani*. Oh, that's right, they lose in court.

306 - 232. Landslide.
'
Done.

* Maybe we call him Leakin' Looney Ghooliani.

Last edited by Resume; 19th November 2020 at 05:34 PM.
Old 19th November 2020, 05:49 PM   #520
angrysoba
Philosophile

Well, the Georgia recount result is in and amazingly the result shows that it was actually a win for Donald J Trump!

Ha ha! Just kidding! Biden won, of course.
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

"Evolution and Ethics" T.H. Huxley (1893)
angrysoba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories