ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2020 elections , kanye west , presidential candidates

Old 24th July 2020, 03:13 AM   #121
Puppycow
Penultimate Amazing

Things seem to be going well in his household.

Kanye West accuses Kim Kardashian of 'white supremacy', tweets he's seeking divorce

Says she tried to have him involuntarily committed. Also, as far as West is concerned, he's still running for president.
Old 24th July 2020, 06:16 AM   #122
Steve
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Puppycow View Post
Things seem to be going well in his household.

Kanye West accuses Kim Kardashian of 'white supremacy', tweets he's seeking divorce

Says she tried to have him involuntarily committed. Also, as far as West is concerned, he's still running for president.
At least they are providing entertainment now instead of just being famous for being famous.
Old 24th July 2020, 12:43 PM   #123
P.J. Denyer
Philosopher

Originally Posted by The Don View Post
If he is there as a spoiler candidate, could he materially affect one of the two major candidates' chances ?
Well, he could split the 'screaming moron' vote.

"Nebulous means Nebulous" - Adam Hills
P.J. Denyer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th July 2020, 12:46 PM   #124
P.J. Denyer
Philosopher

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
THIS.
Desperate attempt by a washed up musician to revive his career.
Look what happened when a washed up reality show star tried to revive his career.

P.J. Denyer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th July 2020, 12:56 PM   #125
P.J. Denyer
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Mumbles View Post
He's probably trying to talk about prison labor and the 13th amendment again. The 13th banned chattel slavery, specifically, but has a massive hole for prison labor which is why we ended up with things like vagrancy laws throughout the south in the wake on the end of reconstruction (and, incidentally, why Trump's "show me your papers" demands for Obama was so flagrantly and ignorantly racist as hell).
Perhaps, but to be honest I didn't see that level of subtlety.

Old 24th July 2020, 01:21 PM   #126
Mumbles
Philosopher

Originally Posted by P.J. Denyer View Post
Perhaps, but to be honest I didn't see that level of subtlety.
A lot of us...kinda think it is, since that'd be the only reason to "repeal" (we assumed he meant "replace", or "rewrite") the 13th, but people in mid-mania can have thoughts that are rather cluttered sometimes.
Mumbles is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th July 2020, 04:56 PM   #127
Beerina
Sarcastic Conqueror of Notions

I continue to maintain megalomania is not necessarily a character defect. Many bees think they should be the queen, or will be, but very few are right.

And it may be a character benefit evolutionarily, to the benefit of the species.

Anyway, "Guy thinks he rules the world because he's so awesome!" is kind of true...for billionaires. It's considered a defect because, you know, little guys aren't.

It's like saying you have a mental penis sex god defect because you keep getting erections every night when you only really need it to function properly a few times in your life.

The government should nationalize it! Socialized, single-payer video game development and sales now! More, cheaper, better games, right? Right?
Beerina is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th July 2020, 05:06 PM   #128
Babbylonian
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Beerina View Post
I continue to maintain megalomania is not necessarily a character defect. Many bees think they should be the queen, or will be, but very few are right.

And it may be a character benefit evolutionarily, to the benefit of the species.

Anyway, "Guy thinks he rules the world because he's so awesome!" is kind of true...for billionaires. It's considered a defect because, you know, little guys aren't.

It's like saying you have a mental penis sex god defect because you keep getting erections every night when you only really need it to function properly a few times in your life.
Bees actually require queens to survive as a species. Humans require neither megalomaniacs nor billionaires to do so.
Babbylonian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th July 2020, 02:07 AM   #129
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Article about how the media is off in its coverage of West
Old 29th July 2020, 10:47 AM   #130
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
I agree. I said I thought he was in the midst of a bi-polar manic episode from the beginning. He should not have been given the media attention he was. The man is sick.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th July 2020, 10:54 AM   #131
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

But hey, he's had many people sign petitions to get him on the ballot!
Or one person, anyhow.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics