ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Old 1st August 2020, 07:26 PM   #881
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
He so much as looks like he's going to grab something of mine and I'll set my zombie on a leash on him. Hmmm...come to think of it, it won't even take that to sic my zombie Hillary on him. Every riot has a silver lining.
Zombie Trump masks for Halloween would surely be a winner.

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2020, 07:42 PM   #882
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

The Republican convention will be closed to the press.

Quote:
GOP convention in Charlotte closed to press, portions will be livestreamed

(CNN) The dramatically scaled-down Republican National Convention in Charlotte, North Carolina, will be closed to the press, a convention spokesperson and Republican official familiar with the plans tell CNN.

Reporters will not be allowed on site as RNC delegates vote to formally nominate President Donald Trump as the 2020 Republican presidential nominee, but the vote will be livestreamed, the Republican official said.

The restriction is unprecedented in modern American political history, but Republican officials said they were forced to limit attendance due to social distancing restrictions imposed by the governor of North Carolina.
They don't want the public to see the trainwreck.
"[shemp is] a most notable coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality." - Shakespeare

Last edited by shemp; 1st August 2020 at 07:44 PM.
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2020, 07:46 PM   #883
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by shemp View Post

Surprisingly thoughtful of them.

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2020, 08:11 PM   #884
SezMe
post-pre-born

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
Well, he got a handy, anyways. Only cost twenty bucks $130K!
A minor correction.

Last edited by SezMe; 1st August 2020 at 08:14 PM.
SezMe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2020, 08:15 PM   #885
SezMe
post-pre-born

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Hate to break it to him, but they're already leaving. Does he not even know what's going on in his administration?
Ya lost me. Who does "they" refer to?
SezMe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2020, 08:17 PM   #886
SezMe
post-pre-born

Originally Posted by Sherkeu View Post
If he is singling out this one I bet there is some evidence it is a bigger problem.
That's a losing bet. Trump does not operate on "evidence". I'm surprised you don't know that.
Old 1st August 2020, 08:19 PM   #887
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

If they live-stream it, they can control the camera angles.

Privatize the profits and socialize the losses. It's the American way. That's how Mnuchin got rich. Worse, he did it on the backs of elderly people who had been conned into reverse mortgages. Mnuchin paid zero, took on the debt then taxpayers bailed him out.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2020, 09:03 PM   #888
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
If they live-stream it, they can control the camera angles.
I bet it's not going to be exactly live. They'll have a time delay so they can cut out if/when Trump starts saying insane/damaging things.
Old 1st August 2020, 09:30 PM   #889
Susheel
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
I bet it's not going to be exactly live. They'll have a time delay so they can cut out if/when Trump starts saying insane/damaging things.
Imagine an unbridled Trump left unchecked by the absence of the press. There might be questions as to why the long silences from Trump. The monitors will have to be working at full thrust.
Old 1st August 2020, 10:52 PM   #890
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

Can we get to see Trump's speech?
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2020, 11:15 PM   #891
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by CapelDodger View Post
Zombie Trump masks for Halloween would surely be a winner.
Trump masks. How ironic.
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2020, 12:34 AM   #892
Meadmaker
Penultimate Amazing

I love it.

Now I really want to know if there are a significant number of delegates who are refusing to vote for Donald Trump. I sure hope so.

Excluding the press from your convention is just weird. During my lifetime, conventions have almost been entirely press events. The whole point was to get press coverage. I don't think there has been any tiny bit of suspense over anything that happened at a convention since 1980. That year there was a very interesting night when Ronald Reagan was negotiating with Gerald Ford about running for Vice President. Since then, they have all gone completely according to script.
Meadmaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2020, 02:54 AM   #893
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Retweeted

Students For Trump
@TrumpStudents
More acts of courage from within the NBA - Miami Heat’s Meyers Leonard stands for what he believes!
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2020, 02:55 AM   #894
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

This is outrageous. Must be met with immediate litigation! @GOPChairwoman
Quote Tweet

Adam Paul Laxalt
@AdamLaxalt
Gov. Sisolak and the NV Dems called a special session with no public present and inside 24 hours are ramming through mail-in balloting and ballot harvesting. They are massively altering our election 97 days out entirely without the SecState. They are working to steal our election
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2020, 02:58 AM   #895
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Retweeted
Heritage Foundation
@Heritage
Is Twitter censoring those who speak out about the risks associated with mail-in voting? @HVonSpakovsky joined @Liz_Wheeler to lay out the facts—and what ALL Americans need to know about #voterfraud

TV News HQ
@TVNewsHQ
“Trump’s base is twice as fired up as Biden’s base. In fact, Joe doesn’t really have a base. Have you ever seen a Biden bumper sticker anywhere?” — @JesseBWatters

Watch @DonaldJTrumpJr on Joe Biden’s blunders: “It would be truly sad if it wasn’t so scary that Joe Biden could be in charge of the nuclear football.”

Fox News’ @jessebwatters on the “Trump turnaround: You can feel the momentum shift in the Presidential race. It showed up in the polls in these key battleground states...”

Watch: Fox News’ @dbongino on the “chaos candidate” Joe Biden

Sean Hannity
@seanhannity
GOP Resolution Slams Omar, Says Lawmaker Advocating ‘Marxist’ Government

THANKS DE BLASIO! City Slashes Sanitation Budget 60%, Rotting Garbage Overflows on to Streets

CRUZ MISSILE: Cruz Asks Twitter to BAN CNN Over Post Promoting Same Drug That Got Trump Jr Barred

AG Asks Democrats ‘Since When is it Okay to Try and Burn Down a Courthouse?’

Last edited by Captain_Swoop; 2nd August 2020 at 03:00 AM.
Old 2nd August 2020, 02:59 AM   #896
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Death penalty! He killed and badly wounded many. Justice!
Quote Tweet

Sean Hannity
@seanhannity
US Appeals Court Overturns Death Sentence of Boston Marathon Bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev https://hann.it/2D8yTjV
Old 2nd August 2020, 03:09 AM   #897
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Retweeted

Mike Shellenberger
@ShellenbergerMD
Germany’s renewables experiment is over.
By 2025 it will have spent $580B to make electricity nearly 2x more expensive & 10x more carbon-intensive than France’s.
The reason renewables can’t power modern civilization is because they were never meant to.

Output from industrial wind turbines declines by nearly *50%* (!) over 10 years
Cost of taking down old wind turbines not included in cost of wind energy, unlike with nuclear plants
Cost of removing old wind turbines will = $2B in New York alone

Last edited by Captain_Swoop; 2nd August 2020 at 03:10 AM.
Old 2nd August 2020, 03:17 AM   #898
Safe-Keeper
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Meadmaker View Post
I love it.
Now I really want to know if there are a significant number of delegates who are refusing to vote for Donald Trump. I sure hope so.
Don't get my hopes up, please.
"He's like a drunk being given a sobriety test by the police after being pulled over. Just as a drunk can't walk a straight line, Trump can't think in a straight line. He's all over the place."--Stacyhs
"If you are still hung up on that whole words-have-meaning thing, then 2020 is going to be a long year for you." --Ladewig
Safe-Keeper is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2020, 03:54 AM   #899
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Retweeted
Heritage Foundation
@Heritage
Is Twitter censoring those who speak out about the risks associated with mail-in voting? @HVonSpakovsky joined @Liz_Wheeler to lay out the facts—and what ALL Americans need to know about #voterfraud

TV News HQ
@TVNewsHQ
“Trump’s base is twice as fired up as Biden’s base. In fact, Joe doesn’t really have a base. Have you ever seen a Biden bumper sticker anywhere?” — @JesseBWatters

Watch @DonaldJTrumpJr on Joe Biden’s blunders: “It would be truly sad if it wasn’t so scary that Joe Biden could be in charge of the nuclear football.”

Fox News’ @jessebwatters on the “Trump turnaround: You can feel the momentum shift in the Presidential race. It showed up in the polls in these key battleground states...”

Watch: Fox News’ @dbongino on the “chaos candidate” Joe Biden

Sean Hannity
@seanhannity
GOP Resolution Slams Omar, Says Lawmaker Advocating ‘Marxist’ Government

THANKS DE BLASIO! City Slashes Sanitation Budget 60%, Rotting Garbage Overflows on to Streets

CRUZ MISSILE: Cruz Asks Twitter to BAN CNN Over Post Promoting Same Drug That Got Trump Jr Barred

AG Asks Democrats ‘Since When is it Okay to Try and Burn Down a Courthouse?’
I do wish you'd format your posts. When it's just lines of texts like this it's difficult to work out who is saying what, and which bits are supposed to be replies to which bits.
Old 2nd August 2020, 05:11 AM   #900
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Compilation of Fox News hosts mocking Joe Biden a while ago for suggesting that Trump may try to delay the election:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Old 2nd August 2020, 05:40 AM   #901
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
How could they tell?
Old 2nd August 2020, 06:46 AM   #902
shemp

Originally Posted by a_unique_person View Post
Can we get to see Trump's speech?
That's the trainwreck.
"[shemp is] a most notable coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality." - Shakespeare
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2020, 06:53 AM   #903
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

There will be cameras for the acceptance speech. Trump lives for the cameras. Not to mention the persons, women, men, and... TVs.
Old 2nd August 2020, 06:56 AM   #904
Safe-Keeper
Philosopher

Trump Retweeted
Tammy Bruce
@HeyTammyBruce
YOU’RE HIDING IN YOUR BASEMENT while the rest of us are dealing w riots enabled by Democrat politicians. We aren’t alone only because @realDonaldTrump has our backs, isn’t hiding

Somebody's projecting after the Bunker Baby incident.
"He's like a drunk being given a sobriety test by the police after being pulled over. Just as a drunk can't walk a straight line, Trump can't think in a straight line. He's all over the place."--Stacyhs
"If you are still hung up on that whole words-have-meaning thing, then 2020 is going to be a long year for you." --Ladewig
Safe-Keeper is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2020, 06:58 AM   #905
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
I do wish you'd format your posts. When it's just lines of texts like this it's difficult to work out who is saying what, and which bits are supposed to be replies to which bits.
They are all retweets by Trump, he doesn't distinguish between replies or original posts. If he retweets the same poster 3 times in a row I will group them under one tweeters name rather than repeat the header name for every one.
Old 2nd August 2020, 07:00 AM   #906
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump tweets

Big China Virus breakouts all over the World, including nations which were thought to have done a great job. The Fake News doesn’t report this. USA will be stronger than ever before, and soon!

When you see the Drug Companies taking massive television ads against me, forget what they say (which is false), YOU KNOW THAT DRUG PRICES ARE COMING DOWN, BIG. Favored Nations Clause means USA will pay the lowest price of any nation in the World. Never done before. Watch!!!
Old 2nd August 2020, 08:36 AM   #907
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

They are all retweets by Trump, he doesn't distinguish between replies or original posts. If he retweets the same poster 3 times in a row I will group them under one tweeters name rather than repeat the header name for every one.
It doesn't help. Your tweet posts are very difficult to read.

Why not link the tweet and put its contents in a quote box?
Old 2nd August 2020, 08:59 AM   #908
Safe-Keeper
Philosopher

I agree with this. Some kind of formatting would greatly help.
Old 2nd August 2020, 09:07 AM   #909
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper View Post
I agree with this. Some kind of formatting would greatly help.
Perhaps we're ready for a new thread -- The Campaign for Good Post Formatting?

Again, I do appreciate Cap's work, but I do have to second (again) the difficulty with the formatting issues.
Old 2nd August 2020, 09:24 AM   #910
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Compilation of Fox News hosts mocking Joe Biden a while ago for suggesting that Trump may try to delay the election:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
So much projection!

Privatize the profits and socialize the losses. It's the American way. That's how Mnuchin got rich. Worse, he did it on the backs of elderly people who had been conned into reverse mortgages. Mnuchin paid zero, took on the debt then taxpayers bailed him out.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2020, 10:27 AM   #911
Safe-Keeper
Philosopher

Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
There will be cameras for the acceptance speech. Trump lives for the cameras. Not to mention the persons, women, men, and... TVs.
Given the state of Trump, the presidential debates in October will be interesting. Or maybe he'll come up with some excuse to not attend.
Old 2nd August 2020, 10:28 AM   #912
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Trump tweets

Big China Virus breakouts all over the World, including nations which were thought to have done a great job. The Fake News doesn’t report this. USA will be stronger than ever before, and soon!
I will never get over how ridiculously big and ridiculously false his lies are. It seems so surreal to me.

Quote:
When you see the Drug Companies taking massive television ads against me, forget what they say (which is false), YOU KNOW THAT DRUG PRICES ARE COMING DOWN, BIG. Favored Nations Clause means USA will pay the lowest price of any nation in the World. Never done before. Watch!!!
ditto.

The US is so ********.
Old 2nd August 2020, 10:49 AM   #913
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Retweeted

The Dirty Truth (@RealDirty on Parler)
@AKA_RealDirty

The great one @marklevinshow Says Obama is a pathological liar.
Old 2nd August 2020, 10:50 AM   #914
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

can't be bothered, too much work.
Old 2nd August 2020, 10:51 AM   #915
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper View Post
Given the state of Trump, the presidential debates in October will be interesting. Or maybe he'll come up with some excuse to not attend.
I think Trump is hoping Biden won't debate. He's made some pretty outlandish demands of the debate commission trying to stack the deck with his moderators. I'm starting to think there won't be debates but it will be Trump who backs out citing refusal of Biden and the debate commission to accept his demands. It won't matter since much of the country will have already voted by the time of the second debate anyway and there aren't many undecided voters left.
Old 2nd August 2020, 10:52 AM   #916
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

I just appreciate you posting them so I don't have to go in and read his Twitter feed. Thank you.
Old 2nd August 2020, 10:54 AM   #917
shemp

That's right. It's like the plumber who charges $100/hr. for labor, or $200/hr. if you try to tell him how to do his job.
Old 2nd August 2020, 11:00 AM   #918
Lurch
Graduate Poster

It's all good with me, Swoop. You already do the nasty work no one else seems to wanna undertake. To ask for more is almost to be ungrateful. Do it as you see fit, and tell the moaners to take over or take off, eh!
Lurch is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2020, 11:10 AM   #919
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Trump Retweeted

The Dirty Truth (@RealDirty on Parler)
@AKA_RealDirty

The great one @marklevinshow Says Obama is a pathological liar.
You gotta ******* be kidding.

George Will on
President Donald J. Trump.
June 1, 2020
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2020, 11:31 AM   #920
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

OK won't bother any more.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics