ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Old 26th July 2020, 02:25 PM   #321
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Because of my strong focus on the China Virus, including scheduled meetings on Vaccines, our economy and much else, I won’t be able to be in New York to throw out the opening pitch for the @Yankees on August 15th. We will make it later in the season!

The Lamestream Media, including @FoxNews, which has really checked out, is refusing to show what is REALLY going on in Portland, Seattle, and other places. They want the American public to believe that these are just some wonderful protesters, not radical left ANARCHISTS!

There is NO WAY a place like Pennsylvania can vote for the Radical Left and their puppet, Joe Biden, when they are against fracking, steel production, and just about everything else that Pennsylvania stands for. Likewise, Texas, and many other states!!!

So the Washington Post is running the Reagan Foundation, and RINO Paul Ryan is on the Board of Fox, which has been terrible. We will win anyway, even with the phony @FoxNews suppression polls (which have been seriously wrong for 5 years)!
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2020, 02:30 PM   #322
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Give yourself a feel good moment as Trump’s ****** wall is getting blown to **** by the hurricane and is falling down.
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2020, 03:03 PM   #323
Safe-Keeper
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Minoosh View Post
Crazy times! Trump admits he actually regrets things!

It worries me. Between this and his tepid mask-wearing endorsement, he's trying to look reasonable.
His reasoning is strange. I mean, I know that social media can make people write and send things on impulse, far more so than letters, but as POTUS, you're still supposed to take a tiny bit of responsibility and think things through. Heck, most low-level employees in a company understand this. The President of he United States should, too. In fact he should have worked with advisors and a PR/social media team and worked out how to word tweets, how to time them, and how to handle responses to them. Instead he's using Twitter like an impulsive 13 year old girl, just throwing out random thoughts and things that annoy her.

And yes, it's really out of character for Trump to admit he regrets things.
"He's like a drunk being given a sobriety test by the police after being pulled over. Just as a drunk can't walk a straight line, Trump can't think in a straight line. He's all over the place."--Stacyhs
"If you are still hung up on that whole words-have-meaning thing, then 2020 is going to be a long year for you." --Ladewig
Safe-Keeper is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2020, 03:07 PM   #324
Steve
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper View Post
His reasoning is strange. I mean, I know that social media can make people write and send things on impulse, far more so than letters, but as POTUS, you're still supposed to take a tiny bit of responsibility and think things through. Heck, most low-level employees in a company understand this. The President of he United States should, too. In fact he should have worked with advisors and a PR/social media team and worked out how to word tweets, how to time them, and how to handle responses to them. Instead he's using Twitter like an impulsive 13 year old girl, just throwing out random thoughts and things that annoy her.

Of course his message is strange. All his messages are strange.
Old 26th July 2020, 03:28 PM   #325
Delphic Oracle
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Give yourself a feel good moment as Trumpís ****** wall is getting blown to **** by the hurricane and is falling down.
https://twitter.com/RexChapman/statu...543166464?s=19

"Strength"
Delphic Oracle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2020, 03:38 PM   #326
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Firestone View Post
I'm afraid Captain_Swoop will soon be out of a job here:

"BREAKING EXCLUSIVE: sources are telling us that Trump "is going to focus on the issues from now and may even tweet less to help his poll numbers.""

https://twitter.com/politvidchannel/...61423119486979

This is definitely the day Trump became president!
(well, according to "source" anyway)
Q: Is the electorate so dimwitted that they'll forget three years and nine months of infantile behavior, based on this laughable last minute pretense at being presidential?

A: Yes
Old 26th July 2020, 03:58 PM   #327
Garrison
Philosopher

Originally Posted by varwoche View Post
Q: Is the electorate so dimwitted that they'll forget three years and nine months of infantile behavior, based on this laughable last minute pretense at being presidential?

Could we have a little less of this sort of nonsense. Trump lost the popular vote by 3 million votes, he got into the White House courtesy of the vagaries of the Electoral College and the fact that a relative handful of people in a few key states thought a 30% chance of Trump winning equalled a guaranteed Clinton
win, so stayed home because they didn't much like Clinton or registered a protest vote. Sure Trump's base will buy this, they'll buy anything he does, but the notion that people who were prepared to vote for Biden will switch to Trump because he posts a few less tweets? BS!
Old 26th July 2020, 04:02 PM   #328
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by wasapi View Post
"may even tweet less . . ."

I really don't believe it. He may back off his tweets for a few days, but he will be back. He is too addicted and can't help himself.
Agreed. He can't control himself for that long.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2020, 04:06 PM   #329
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Give yourself a feel good moment as Trumpís ****** wall is getting blown to **** by the hurricane and is falling down.
Damn, that felt good!!!
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2020, 04:20 PM   #330
rdaneel
Illuminator

Hey, aren't hurricanes supposed to be messages from God that he doesn't like something?
rdaneel is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2020, 04:22 PM   #331
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Originally Posted by rdaneel View Post
Hey, aren't hurricanes supposed to be messages from God that he doesn't like something?
Wait so the wall was gay?
Old 26th July 2020, 04:25 PM   #332
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
Of course! You've never heard of Stonewall?
Old 26th July 2020, 04:41 PM   #333
Minoosh
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper View Post

Usually the 13-year-old girl would make more sense.

It bothers me that he's trying to act reasonable. For one thing, if he's capable of it, he's been all about trolling for the past four (or more) years. Which is a ****** quality in a president, IMO.
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2020, 04:45 PM   #334
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Popehat:
Quote:
Try to live your life in a way so that Donald Trump never wishes you well
Old 26th July 2020, 04:47 PM   #335
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Perfectly played.

Originally Posted by wasapi View Post
"may even tweet less . . ."

I really don't believe it. He may back off his tweets for a few days, but he will be back. He is too addicted and can't help himself.
A few days. This guy canít even go a few hours.

Already pointed out upthread.
Old 26th July 2020, 04:58 PM   #336
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

"BREAKING EXCLUSIVE: sources are telling us that Trump "is going to focus on the issues from now and may even tweet less to help his poll numbers.""

https://twitter.com/politvidchannel/...61423119486979

This is definitely the day Trump became president!
(well, according to "source" anyway)
We've heard that one before.
Old 26th July 2020, 05:04 PM   #337
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

Two video screen caps as one section collapses in stages.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wall came tumbling down.jpg (34.7 KB, 20 views)
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2020, 05:05 PM   #338
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by newyorkguy View Post
Gone With the Wind
Old 26th July 2020, 05:14 PM   #339
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing

"BREAKING EXCLUSIVE: sources are telling us that Trump "is going to focus on the issues from now and may even tweet less to help his poll numbers."
Notice it's "may even tweet less", not will. They're hoping he will, and have been trying to persuade him it will help his precious numbers, but even if he's persuaded they know he's got no self-control.

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2020, 05:14 PM   #340
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Sorry, guys, I need some better sources on the wall collapsing. What I've seen so far could be any wall, anywhere, anytime.
Old 26th July 2020, 05:27 PM   #341
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing

Live by the Wall, die by the Wall. Wonderful.

Have you ever had times when you just couldn't seem to get a break? Sucks, doesn't it, and that's what the turd's feeling like right now. As is his family, I'll bet. Warms the cockles of my heart.

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2020, 05:28 PM   #342
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Sorry, guys, I need some better sources on the wall collapsing. What I've seen so far could be any wall, anywhere, anytime.
Your point being?

Old 26th July 2020, 05:52 PM   #343
Regnad Kcin
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Delphic Oracle View Post
FAKE BLEWS!
Old 26th July 2020, 05:53 PM   #344
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by varwoche View Post

And watch, the MSN will fall for it too. Who has "Trump is acting Presidential" on their bingo cards?

Privatize the profits and socialize the losses. It's the American way. That's how Mnuchin got rich. Worse, he did it on the backs of elderly people who had been conned into reverse mortgages. Mnuchin paid zero, took on the debt then taxpayers bailed him out.

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; 26th July 2020 at 05:54 PM.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2020, 05:59 PM   #345
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Typical of Trump's actual construction history.

Privatize the profits and socialize the losses. It's the American way. That's how Mnuchin got rich. Worse, he did it on the backs of elderly people who had been conned into reverse mortgages. Mnuchin paid zero, took on the debt then taxpayers bailed him out.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2020, 06:02 PM   #346
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

I haven't seen any mention of this on the news ...at least so far. Might just be too early.
Old 26th July 2020, 06:23 PM   #347
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump War Room tweeted

Trump War Room - Text TRUMP to 88022
@TrumpWarRoom
There has NEVER been a boat parade for Joe Biden!
Old 26th July 2020, 06:25 PM   #348
Belz...
Fiend God

Trump War Room tweeted

@TrumpWarRoom
There has NEVER been a boat parade for Joe Biden!
...what?

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2020, 06:28 PM   #349
Ryokan
Insert something funny here

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51307868
Ryokan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2020, 06:31 PM   #350
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Retweets

Trump Retweeted
Tim Murtaugh - Download the Trump 2020 app today!
@TimMurtaugh
Question of the day for Biden
In the last 100 days you’ve embraced policies to crush local police, wipe out borders, give the entire economy to enviro-extremists & raise taxes by trillions.
Over the next 100 days what other radical leftist ideas will you be forced to adopt?

@TrumpWarRoom
You won't be safe in Joe Biden's America!

"If there is violence in the streets of the United States, you better believe that President Trump will be vocal in opposition to it." - @ErinMPerrine
Joe Biden is a Trojan horse for the radical left!

RNC Chair McDaniel: With 100 days until election, enthusiasm gap points to reelection for President Trump!

Sam Dubke
@DubkeSam
Joe Biden's "peaceful protesters":
"A city dump truck was set on fire"
"Rocks, batteries and other items... were thrown at officers"
"Glass windows were also shattered"
Only @realDonaldTrump stands up to the mob! #MAGA
Old 26th July 2020, 06:32 PM   #351
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Retweeted

@TrumpWarRoom
Acting DHS Secretary Chad Wolf details the unhinged violence unfolding in Portland.
"They're coming armed with rocks, bottles, baseball bats, power tools, commercial-grade fireworks...targeting their violence on federal court house and federal law enforcement officers."

SEVEN federal law enforcement officers were injured Friday night in Portland by rioters.
"We know what their aim is. Their aim is to destroy that court house and injure law enforcement officers."

CBP Mark Morgan
@CBPMarkMorgan
There is nothing “peaceful” about using power tools to saw through fencing.
These are not the actions of peaceful protesters. These are the actions of violent anarchists who are looking to harm federal law enforcement and federal property. This violence must end. Local leadership needs to step up, denounce these actions, and regain order.
Old 26th July 2020, 06:34 PM   #352
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Retweeted

@TrumpWarRoom
Apr 30
President Obama went golfing on Saturday, perhaps the same day that his wife Michelle Obama was recording this message to Americans ordering them to stay home.
Old 26th July 2020, 06:35 PM   #353
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Retweeted

Dan Bongino
@dbongino
ANTIFA is a fascist terror-group committed to bringing fascism to the United States by whatever means necessary.

Tea Party Patriots
@TPPatriots
REPORT: A Yale Epidemiologist has said hydroxychloroquine could save 100,000 lives.
If only Democrats hadn't politicized it...

Dinesh D'Souza
@DineshDSouza
It’s telling to see these pudgy #Antifa androgynes scream and shove cops in the manner they are used to screaming and shoving their hippie parents. Then they have that stunned look when the cops, instead of calling TIME OUT, slam them to the ground and arrest them

Last edited by Captain_Swoop; 26th July 2020 at 06:36 PM.
Old 26th July 2020, 06:36 PM   #354
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
...what?
https://wpde.com/news/local/2020-tru...n-myrtle-beach
Old 26th July 2020, 06:36 PM   #355
Belz...
Fiend God

Wow, who gives a ****?

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2020, 06:37 PM   #356
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Retweeted

ELIJAH RIOT
@ElijahSchaffer
This is unreal. But it’s intentional
Big liberal cities are trying to bait Trump into sending Feds across the country
As they force his hand while letting their cities crumble
Feds will have to go in and restore order
They will call this authoritarian fascism
Blame game
Old 26th July 2020, 06:38 PM   #357
jrhowell
Muse

Give yourself a feel good moment as Trump’s ****** wall is getting blown to **** by the hurricane and is falling down.
Who could have possibly predicted that there would ever be a hurricane in Texas?

(He must have been too busy golfing to divert it with his sharpie.)

Last edited by jrhowell; 26th July 2020 at 06:39 PM.
jrhowell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2020, 06:41 PM   #358
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Retweeted

Randy Barnett
@RandyEBarnett
My whole adult life, opponents of private gun ownership have insisted that an individual right to keep and bear arms was outmoded because it is better to rely on the police. In multiple ways, in 2020 that argument has been completely demolished.
Old 26th July 2020, 06:44 PM   #359
Belz...
Fiend God

Trump Retweeted

ELIJAH RIOT
@ElijahSchaffer
This is unreal. But itís intentional
Big liberal cities are trying to bait Trump into sending Feds across the country
As they force his hand while letting their cities crumble
Feds will have to go in and restore order
They will call this authoritarian fascism
Blame game
"Look what you made me do! I didn't want to hit you, honey. You made me do it!"

Old 26th July 2020, 06:45 PM   #360
SezMe
post-pre-born

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
One of the few decent things he's said in recent decades.
Thsi phrase from teh tweet: "Regis Philbin has passed on to even greater airwaves,..." is too lyrical fro Trump. Someone else is the author and just used Trump's account to post it.
SezMe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics