ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Anthony Fauci , Coronavirus , donald trump , Stella Immanuel

Old 29th July 2020, 08:13 PM   #41
Regnad Kcin
Philosopher

Also:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9018441B-2847-4254-9E15-0BA07572A8D0.jpg (65.9 KB, 4 views)
Old 29th July 2020, 08:14 PM   #42
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

God, Dr. Immanuel reminds me of Miss Cleo...anybody remember her, that "Shaman From the Carribbean"
in that huge scam from circa 1900?
And she also seems to prove Sherlock Holmes statment that a Doctor gone wrong can be the worst of evildoers.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th July 2020, 08:15 PM   #43
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Regnad Kcin View Post
Also:
After reading about this guy, It could not happen to a more derserving person. Long history of biggotry against gays, among other things.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th July 2020, 09:10 PM   #44
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
After reading about this guy, It could not happen to a more derserving person. Long history of biggotry against gays, among other things.
I hope he gave Attorney General Barr a nice big brotherly hug.

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th July 2020, 09:22 PM   #45
sts60
Illuminator

America’s Dumbest Congressman got his positive diagnosis and went to his office to tell his staff… In person.

He’s as selfish as he is stupid.
sts60 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2020, 05:37 AM   #46
Joe Random
Master Poster

God, Dr. Immanuel reminds me of Miss Cleo...anybody remember her, that "Shaman From the Carribbean"
<...>
"Kaaal mi nao fah ya free reeedin!"

I thought the exact same thing when I watched one of her (Immanuel's) vids. Not just the accent, but something in the demeanor.
Joe Random is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2020, 05:43 AM   #47
slyjoe
Master Poster

And she also seems to prove Sherlock Holmes statment that a Doctor gone wrong can be the worst of evildoers.
Wasn't she the one that promised to see the future but didn't know the authorities were coming for her?
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2020, 06:48 AM   #48
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

OK, see my comment yesterday about how this is just the modern version of the "List of Scientists who oppose evolution"

https://www.medpagetoday.com/infecti...9/87797?trw=no

Quote:
But none of them have practices that would place them on the actual front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic. Some don't currently practice at all.

Two of those appearing at the Monday event are ophthalmologists, one of whom is no longer licensed.
A lot is being made about the quack and Demon semen, but how about those ophthalmologists? They know what it takes to cure COVID for sure!!!!
Old 30th July 2020, 06:57 AM   #49
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

Originally Posted by pgwenthold View Post
OK, see my comment yesterday about how this is just the modern version of the "List of Scientists who oppose evolution"

A lot is being made about the quack and Demon semen, but how about those ophthalmologists? They know what it takes to cure COVID for sure!!!!
You wouldn't mock those ophthalmologists if you'd gotten demon semen in your eye.
Old 30th July 2020, 07:05 AM   #50
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
You wouldn't mock those ophthalmologists if you'd gotten demon semen in your eye.
Rule 38
Old 30th July 2020, 08:03 AM   #51
Armitage72
Illuminator

Originally Posted by pgwenthold View Post

I seem to recall a big deal being made about Rand Paul's "authority" as a doctor, and he's an ophthalmologist too.
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2020, 08:08 AM   #52
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by Armitage72 View Post
I seem to recall a big deal being made about Rand Paul's "authority" as a doctor, and he's an ophthalmologist too.
Well kind of. He had to invent his own board to get board certification after all.
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics