IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags alex jones , infowars

Old 14th November 2018, 04:17 PM   #281
Hans
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Graham2001 View Post
Alex Jones on Advanced physics...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jLs-1GpwQM

Well of course everyone knows that......sheesh what a bunch of word salad - with a side order of crazy
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th November 2018, 04:24 PM   #282
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Hans View Post
Well of course everyone knows that......sheesh what a bunch of word salad - with a side order of crazy
The comment section is priceless.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th November 2018, 05:13 PM   #283
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

It sounds more like he is practicing hearing the sound of his own voice.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2018, 05:57 AM   #284
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
or what "leftist stay behind networks" are,

That writer deserves some kind of award for the first line of that article:

Quote:
Customers of the Infowars store are getting scammed every day but this time it’s different.

As for the "leftist stay behind networks", "stay behind network" that's when:

Quote:
a country places secret operatives or organizations in its own territory, for use in the event that an enemy occupies that territory.

I'm guessing he means it's part of the "Deep State" that's hiding in the CIA, trying to discredit Trump and Alex Jones (because of course those are the same thing). They're obviously leftist, due to the well-know leftist bias of the US intelligence community
Old 15th November 2018, 08:08 AM   #285
Hans
Philosopher

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
The comment section is priceless.
'tis, tis!
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2018, 12:41 PM   #286
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Hans View Post
'tis, tis!
My own favorite:

"Smoke a pound of really strong Meth, and it starts to make sense".

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th April 2019, 06:37 AM   #287
tinribmancer
Hasbarian NWO Templar Cattle

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

"And belief in conspiracy theories is not the function of a higher intellect." - BStrong
tinribmancer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th April 2019, 06:58 AM   #288
Georgio
Muse

Originally Posted by tinribmancer View Post
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Absolute, absolute poetry. I had to keep pausing it because I was laughing so much.
Old 5th April 2019, 08:59 AM   #289
bknight
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Georgio View Post
Absolute, absolute poetry. I had to keep pausing it because I was laughing so much.
All I can say it is a sad video, and Alex is a bumbling fool.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th April 2019, 09:40 AM   #290
Georgio
Muse

Originally Posted by bknight View Post
All I can say it is a sad video, and Alex is a bumbling fool.
Well, yes. Knowing that so many people take him deadly seriously makes such a video tragic as well as funny.
Old 5th April 2019, 11:58 AM   #291
bknight
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Georgio View Post
Well, yes. Knowing that so many people take him deadly seriously makes such a video tragic as well as funny.
OK, but IMO the video is more sad/tragic than funny. Any manipulation of facial/body movements can be copied and run multiple times to create a "funny" video. Besides those that follow Jones won't listen past the first 10-20 seconds..
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th April 2019, 12:36 PM   #292
Georgio
Muse

OK, but IMO the video is more sad/tragic than funny. Any manipulation of facial/body movements can be copied and run multiple times to create a "funny" video. Besides those that follow Jones won't listen past the first 10-20 seconds..
Point taken. I just find those manipulations incredibly funny when they're done well, regardless of any point that may be being made. I do have quite a childish sense of humour, which I'll be the first to admit
Old 16th April 2019, 01:51 PM   #293
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Jones websites are pushing Notre Dame fire conspiracy theories pretty hard..to no one's surprise.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 16th April 2019, 07:33 PM   #294
bknight
Master Poster

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Jones websites are pushing Notre Dame fire conspiracy theories pretty hard..to no one's surprise.
GASP
Old 17th April 2019, 08:49 AM   #295
Gingervytes
Critical Thinker

His voice is weird and he’s not that bright
Gingervytes is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th April 2019, 09:07 AM   #296
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
Originally Posted by Gingervytes View Post
His voice is weird and he’s not that bright
If I had enough plutonium, I could make him brighter.
Old 17th April 2019, 09:07 AM   #297
bknight
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post
If I had enough plutonium, I could make him brighter.
For a millisecond at least.
Old 2nd May 2019, 02:56 PM   #298
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger

Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
Alex Jones is banned from Facebook

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/02/t...core-ios-share

Alex Jones banned from Facebook. Ha! Ha!

Also Paul Joseph Watson and others as mentioned above.

Some of Jones' content and pages were banned in August, but now he's been pulled.
Orphia Nay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd May 2019, 05:15 PM   #299
bknight
Master Poster

Oh well, he will have to depend on radio.
Old 2nd May 2019, 06:34 PM   #300
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Orphia Nay View Post
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/02/t...core-ios-share

Alex Jones banned from Facebook. Ha! Ha!

Also Paul Joseph Watson and others as mentioned above.

Some of Jones' content and pages were banned in August, but now he's been pulled.
Outstanding.

The sooner this piece of slime disappears from every public platform, the better.

(Cue the pearl clutching and screeching about his Freedom of SpeechTM being suppressed).

Its TRE45ON season... convict the F45CIST!!

Last edited by smartcooky; 2nd May 2019 at 06:39 PM.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd May 2019, 06:39 PM   #301
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped

But free speech!
Sideroxylon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd May 2019, 06:41 PM   #302
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Sideroxylon View Post
But free speech!
FTFY

smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd May 2019, 06:44 PM   #303
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Oh well, he will have to depend on radio.
Or his own frigging website. He's not banned from the internet.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd May 2019, 06:52 PM   #304
rjh01
Gentleman of leisure
Tagger

Extremists might struggle to get publicity from now on. Is this the beginning of the end of the likes of Donald Trump?
Quote:
FACEBOOK BANS ALEX JONES, OTHER EXTREMISTS—BUT NOT AS PLANNED<snip>
Loomer and Yiannopolous took advantage of the advance notice, posting photos to Instagram about being banned from the platform that included captions directing their fans to follow them elsewhere. The pages were eventually removed, but the time lag and strange media rollout turned what should have been Facebook’s most comprehensive crackdown on high-profile extremists into another example of the company’s struggles with content moderation.

https://www.wired.com/story/facebook...es-extremists/

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...XQglykbdgOJAG0
Old 2nd May 2019, 06:53 PM   #305
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
No, but his reach will be severely impacted.

Its not beyond reason that Google might muck with his search results - they have already done that on their YouTube platform.

Last edited by smartcooky; 2nd May 2019 at 06:54 PM.
Old 2nd May 2019, 06:57 PM   #306
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Oh how sad.

Quote:
Its not beyond reason that Google might muck with his search results - they have already done that on their YouTube platform.
Maybe. I would not eliminate him from search results. But I would ensure he gets no higher than page 3.
Old 2nd May 2019, 07:10 PM   #307
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Getting publicity isn't that hard, but without the social media platform access, it's hard to monetize.
Alex Jones needs to get paid if you want his crazy.
Old 2nd May 2019, 08:16 PM   #308
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger

Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
Yep.

I see it a lot. A friend says they're quitting Facebook,"You can find me at xxxx site/forum".

Some time later they return, saying, "What's everyone been up to?"

Only the obsessives will go out of their way to follow Jones somewhere different.

Yep. I wish they'd do that with Foxcorp.
Orphia Nay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd May 2019, 08:44 PM   #309
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
His own website off the beaten track of sites like Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. It is a step outside of many people’s internet habits and this alone will decrease his exposure. Inertia will end viewing by some who had been interacting with his ideas.
Sideroxylon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd May 2019, 10:04 PM   #310
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Awwww po po Alex can go cry to the lizard people
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd May 2019, 10:11 PM   #311
trustbutverify
Penultimate Amazing

Outstanding.

The sooner this piece of slime disappears from every public platform, the better.

(Cue the pearl clutching and screeching about his Freedom of SpeechTM being suppressed).
First they came for AJ...
trustbutverify is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd May 2019, 10:17 PM   #312
rjh01
Gentleman of leisure
Tagger

A thread has been created to discuss this latest issue http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=336212
Old 3rd May 2019, 02:03 AM   #313
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by trustbutverify View Post
First they came for AJ...
And when he was gone, they said "Job well done!" and went back to normal life.
Old 3rd May 2019, 02:05 AM   #314
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped

Who?
Old 3rd May 2019, 02:33 AM   #315
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

His own website off the beaten track of sites like Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. It is a step outside of many people’s internet habits and this alone will decrease his exposure. Inertia will end viewing by some who had been interacting with his ideas.
And on that point, I hope they will block links to such websites as well.

Old 3rd May 2019, 06:19 AM   #316
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
It's been over 15 hours, and no claims of Kyle's mom now being in charge of Facebook or that not giving him a free virtual soapbox is worse than torture?

Last edited by timhau; 3rd May 2019 at 06:25 AM.
timhau is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2019, 06:23 AM   #317
uke2se
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by timhau View Post
It's been over 15 hours, and no claims of Cartman's mom now being in charge of Facebook or that not giving him a free virtual soapbox is worse than torture?
Kyle's mom. Cartman's mom would make Facebook into a German porn site.

"If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. " Karl Popper, The Open Society and Its Enemies Vol. 1
uke2se is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2019, 06:26 AM   #318
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
Originally Posted by uke2se View Post
Kyle's mom. Cartman's mom would make Facebook into a German porn site.
Good point. Fixed.
Old 3rd May 2019, 07:23 AM   #319
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!

Nothing of value was lost.
Old 3rd May 2019, 07:59 AM   #320
carlitos
"más divertido"

The last time he got banned, he received a surge of traffic to his website, but it has come back to earth now. If this happens again, or even if he only grows the website by half, that means that these bans are definitely reducing his total reach.

Besides the obvious benefit of having less people exposed to his poisonous ideas, there will presumably be less people suckered into buying his poisonous, ineffectual supplement products.

carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories