IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags david icke , lizard people

Old 19th October 2016, 01:23 PM   #1
tinribmancer
Hasbarian NWO Templar Cattle

Thumbs up The Official David Icke Thread

Since one of the "Great" leaders from the Twoofer movement has a topic, I thought it only seemed logical that the other one would get a thread of it's own aswell.

For the lurkers: he's the "lizard people" guy.

Originally Posted by RationalWiki
David Icke is a human singularity of insanity best known for his "reptoid" conspiracy theory. He came to fame as an English footballer and sports commentator and used to be a spokesman for the Green Party of England and Wales, but since 1991 has devoted his life to informing the world that it's actually secretly controlled by evil shape-shifting lizard-people from the 4th dimension. Genuinely.

During the late 1980s while he was still with the Green Party, Icke began to look to alternative medicine for a cure for the arthritis that had ended his football career. This also brought him in contact with the local members of the New Age movement. In 1989, he experienced neurological symptoms (impression of a presence, momentary paralysis of lower extremities, auditory hallucination, facial sensations) that he interpreted as spirits trying to contact him. In 1990, he met a psychic he called his "soul mate" who began to introduce him to hardcore New Age woo. He went off the deep end shortly thereafter. He left the party in 1990 and was formally banned from it in 1994, with the Greens calling his views "fascist".
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/David_Icke

Moral of the story: DON'T go inside a store that sells New Age crap.

Originally Posted by Wikipedia
David Vaughan Icke (/aɪk/, born 29 April 1952) is an English writer and public speaker. A former footballer and sports broadcaster, Icke has made his name since the 1990s as a professional conspiracy theorist, calling himself a "full time investigator into who and what is really controlling the world." He is the author of over 20 books and numerous DVDs, and has lectured in over 25 countries, speaking for up to 10 hours to audiences that cut across the political spectrum.

Icke was a BBC television sports presenter and spokesman for the Green Party, when a psychic told him, in 1990, that he had been placed on Earth for a purpose and would begin to receive messages from the spirit world. The following year he announced that he was a "Son of the Godhead", and that the world would soon be devastated by tidal waves and earthquakes, a prediction he repeated on the BBC's primetime show Wogan. The show changed his life, turning him from a respected household name into someone who was laughed at whenever he appeared in public.

Over the next seven years—in The Robots' Rebellion (1994), And the Truth Shall Set You Free (1995), The Biggest Secret (1999), and Children of the Matrix (2001)—he developed his worldview of New Age conspiracism. His endorsement of the anti-Semitic forgery The Protocols of the Elders of Zion in The Robots' Rebellion, combined with Holocaust denial in And the Truth Shall Set You Free, led his publisher to refuse to publish his books, which were self-published thereafter. At the heart of his theories lies the idea that many prominent figures belong to the Babylonian Brotherhood, a group of shapeshifting reptilian humanoids who are propelling humanity toward a global fascist state, or New World Order. The reptilians use the rings of Saturn and the Moon, all reptilian constructs, to broadcast our "five-sense prison": an "artificial sense of self and the world" that humans perceive as reality.

Michael Barkun has described Icke's position as New Age conspiracism, writing that Icke is the most fluent of the genre. Richard Kahn and Tyson Lewis argue that Icke's reptilian hypothesis may be Swiftian satire, offering a narrative with which ordinary people can question what they see around them. Icke has been described as an "anti-Semitic conspiracy theorist"; according to Political Research Associates, his politics are "a mishmash of most of the dominant themes of contemporary neofascism, mixed in with a smattering of topics culled from the U.S. militia movement."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Icke

Football teams he used to play for: Coventry City, Oxford United (Reserve Squad), Northampton Town (On Loan from Coventry) & Hereford United.

Picture from Icke facing a shape-shifting lizard:

Judging by the photo, he's not facing a regular lizard but an Illuminati lizard probably created in those evil underground Illuminati labs in Switzerland by Patrick Stewart!!

"And belief in conspiracy theories is not the function of a higher intellect." - BStrong

Last edited by tinribmancer; 19th October 2016 at 01:24 PM.
tinribmancer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2016, 02:00 PM   #2
HighRiser
Graduate Poster

I had no idea that Icke once had a normal-ish career in the real world.

Science is not hopelessly hobbled just because it knows the difference between fact and imagination. -JayUtah

Last edited by HighRiser; 19th October 2016 at 03:41 PM. Reason: grammar
HighRiser is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2016, 02:06 PM   #3
Jrrarglblarg

He did a lot of mushrooms at one point in his writing career. I was a member at his forum for a while. They got both kinds, there, dumb and crazy. I finally stuck my foot in a glue trap they made mostly for me, but partially to get rid of the Apollo hoax debunkers generally. We had infested the place like cockroaches, leaving our filthy little facts everywhere. I saw their point and stayed gone.
Jrrarglblarg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2016, 02:09 PM   #4
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Perhaps took a few too many headers.
Old 19th October 2016, 06:21 PM   #5
Arisia
Graduate Poster

A few too many crystal necklaces cutting off the blood supply to the brain for too long?
Arisia is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2016, 06:30 PM   #6
esspee
black goo

his interview on wogan back in the day is a must watch

he did a follow up one many years later.

I haveto respect him in those early days for going right with his belief.

But lately he is clearly possessed by demons or has lost his mind or is working for the man or just working for teh cash

Like he had some kind of valid points back in the day.

but reeks of disinfo basically from 2001 onwards.

Not to mention - although i have never been there, his forum has a terrible reputation for censoship and banning.

I was at someones house and saw one of his books. I read a few chapters.

My conclusion was that he has some good glimpses and differing perspectives that are not uncommon. But that he is a terrible writer - gets lost in his analogies, and was far too literal about what should have been metaphors.

But like i said - i have a lot of respect for him in those early days coming out and being laughed at on the world stage. In may ways - even though i think he is a cook nowadays- he proved everyone wrong.
He does have a big following now, he is a household name, his books are everywhere, and his shows and events are HUGE sell out affairs.

And i suppose he does make some people think. But i think he also spreads way too much blatant ***** these days too.

Last edited by esspee; 19th October 2016 at 06:34 PM.
esspee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2016, 08:45 PM   #7
Shiner
Motor Mouth

Originally Posted by esspee View Post
I have to respect him in those early days for going right with his belief.
I have no respect for an obvious charlatan.

But lately he is clearly possessed by demons
Clearly. What other explanation could there possibly be?

Like he had some kind of valid points back in the day.
Name one. Just one.

- he proved everyone wrong.
About what? Name one occurence. Just one.
Shiner is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2016, 09:05 PM   #8
gerdbonk
Penultimate Amazing

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Seńora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula
I pronounce his name "icky".
Old 19th October 2016, 09:34 PM   #9
threadworm
Graduate Poster

I too have felt the cold injustice of the Icke banhammer. It is less overt, but the censorship and control over its public orthodoxy is as rigid as cluesforum.

Apollo Hoax Debunked
threadworm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2016, 11:57 PM   #10
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Quote:
Richard Kahn and Tyson Lewis argue that Icke's reptilian hypothesis may be Swiftian satire, offering a narrative with which ordinary people can question what they see around them.
Unquestionably, a pair of idiots.

Comparing Icke to Swift in any way would be akin to comparing Donald Trump and David Attenborough.
Old 20th October 2016, 02:18 AM   #11
Tolls
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Perhaps took a few too many headers.
He was a goalkeeper, so he'd have been a bit pants (even for the likes of Hereford) if he spent the time heading the ball.
Tolls is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th October 2016, 02:34 AM   #12
mikado
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Shiner View Post

Clearly. What other explanation could there possibly be?

Name one. Just one.

About what? Name one occurence. Just one.

it's obviously demons or fairies or..... he's a nutter.....
Old 20th October 2016, 08:19 AM   #13
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by gerdbonk View Post
I'd been assuming that was the correct pronunciation. "Ick" isn't a whole lot better.
Old 20th October 2016, 10:03 AM   #14
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

I'd been assuming that was the correct pronunciation. "Ick" isn't a whole lot better.
The actual pronunciation is "EyeK". Ick works so much better.
Old 20th October 2016, 10:56 AM   #15
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

I don't like Ike.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 20th October 2016, 12:58 PM   #16
esspee
black goo

Originally Posted by Shiner View Post

I geuss it depends on what you mean by charlatan. i consider it to be someone who knowingly fakes. Not someone being fake but not knowing it.

So I choose to believe that he became a charlatan but was not always one.

IMO during his early 'religious experience' days he was not.

IMO he truly believed everything he said and was just communicating his own experience authentically.

Although i do not know this for certain. It is just my belief. And i may have been fooled.
(if i find the time i will rewatch the early footage from this perspctive and get back to you)

But, as it stands, I was and am convinced that he was being genuine at that time.

But having said that
I would 100% agree with you that he is a total charlatan and a fake sell out now.

p.s. he proved everyone wrong in the sense that he was ridiculed as irrelevant and a nutter. But he has since become relevant and literally sells out large theaters for speaking tours.

Last edited by esspee; 20th October 2016 at 01:18 PM.
esspee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th October 2016, 01:04 PM   #17
esspee
black goo

I just wantto put this here.

Like people in the USA might not understand- but back then, in the UK you simply could not be crazy.

it was not cool at all. And in no way socially acceptable.

So for him to come out, as a public figure sharing his belief, knowing that he would be seen as crazy ( in a society that was very stuffy and traditional) took balls.

I guess you had to be there. i watched this on TV.
It was just totally mad back then.

Now its just 'kinda odd' or 'seen it before', or 'that dudes spent too long online'.

No sheet, no one had seen this kind of thing on tv before in the uk before this
ANd there was only tv back then.

it was a true moment.

IT WAS 1991 - pretty much pre- internet for almost everyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NapHiWsoFXI

p.s RIP Terry Wogan - best daytime radio dj of all time.

Last edited by esspee; 20th October 2016 at 01:21 PM.
Old 20th October 2016, 01:16 PM   #18
esspee
black goo

disclaimer : i don't want anyone thinking i agree with Icke.

Like i said before - he seems to get lost in analogy and what should be metaphor that he then states as literal.
( kind of reminds me of born again Christians in that respect)

But some of his metaphors, even if not presented as such, but chosen to be taken as such, do have merit.

Last edited by esspee; 20th October 2016 at 01:22 PM.
Old 20th October 2016, 01:33 PM   #19
gerdbonk
Penultimate Amazing

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Seńora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

But some of his metaphors, even if not presented as such, but chosen to be taken as such, do have merit.
Your follow-up post will surely start with "An example would be..."
Old 20th October 2016, 03:39 PM   #20
Navigator
Philosopher

Seriously I would think that if any contributing to this thread thus far had empathy for mental illness, there would not be the remarks made, such as have been made.

That aside, apart from the obvious lizard connection, David isn't too far off the mark as to what actually might just be happening.

The lizard angle sort of spoils it really. It acts as non-necessary aspect of CT in relation to the world we all live in.

I am not saying that these Lizard Overlords (LO) do not exist though. I am saying that there is no particular evidence and while 'they' might pay visits upon those such as David and convince him at least that 'they' are real, calling that a brain delusion should really not evoke mockery.

It is serious stuff.

From what I know, if indeed the LO do exist and are so far more advanced in their technology than we, then by my reckoning, it would take no more than a handful of 'them' in order to successfully and completely enslave the human race to one particular destiny.

That aside, perhaps the whole story is created for other reasons such as;

Nobody human wants to believe that other humans want to enslave them completely and it is better to project such evil upon a lizard effigy (of the mind) and perhaps garner sympathy for the general CT movement.

It explains the 'alien' connection to which many individual humans experience. Be that as it may - simply a brain rpoblem, (i will leave that typo) to which sympathy and understanding (empathy) need be the first mature reaction from those who consider themselves 'well' in mind.

Whatever the 'reason', it happens and does so to far too many individuals to convince them that they are, altogether, deluded. They will continue to believe what they will about the experiences that they have.

When all is said and done, the 'well' need to strategize - for they are the few. Things are heading toward a place that the skeptical won't enjoy. The believer has the Royal Flush.

It is like unto a game of chess where one side has checkmated the other but the other has yet to see that this is the case. The 'sick' or the 'well'? Who has checkmated whom?

Atheism is not skepticism

Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors. ~ ISF disclaimer
Navigator is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st October 2016, 01:54 AM   #21
Tolls
Philosopher

So for him to come out, as a public figure sharing his belief, knowing that he would be seen as crazy ( in a society that was very stuffy and traditional) took balls.
It didn't take balls because he was nuts.
Sorry, he thought he was the second coming.

No sheet, no one had seen this kind of thing on tv before in the uk before this
ANd there was only tv back then.
Well, we had channeling of aliens in the 60s on the Beeb...which was arguably even more insane.
Tolls is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st October 2016, 02:50 AM   #22
catsmate
No longer the 1

Like people in the USA might not understand- but back then, in the UK you simply could not be crazy.

This is complete nonsense. His first major nutty outburst was in 1991, during a period when eccentrics like Screaming Lord Sutch were public figures.p.s RIP
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2016, 06:34 AM   #23
slowsmile
Critical Thinker

This was 1991 - not the 1950's.
slowsmile is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2016, 06:40 AM   #24
esspee
black goo

Originally Posted by slowsmile View Post
This was 1991 - not the 1950's.
It was a massive thing.

I was living there.

It was all that the tv and news talked about for weeks.

Same thing happened today - no one would give two *****.
Old 22nd October 2016, 06:47 AM   #25
zooterkin
Nitpicking dilettante
Administrator

Originally Posted by The Atheist View Post
The actual pronunciation is "EyeK". Ick works so much better.
To be clear, that's 'eye' with a 'k' sound at the end, rather than "ee-eck", for example. Or, even simpler, it's pronounced the same as Ike as in Eisenhower.
Join the JREF Folders ! Team 13232
Ezekiel 23:20
zooterkin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2016, 06:50 AM   #26
zooterkin
Nitpicking dilettante
Administrator

The 90s, stuffy and traditional? Good grief, how old are you?
Join the JREF Folders ! Team 13232
Ezekiel 23:20
zooterkin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2016, 08:40 AM   #27
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by zooterkin View Post
To be clear, that's 'eye' with a 'k' sound at the end, rather than "ee-eck", for example. Or, even simpler, it's pronounced the same as Ike as in Eisenhower.
I'm just going to stick with "Icky".
Old 22nd October 2016, 09:26 AM   #28
slowsmile
Critical Thinker

It was a massive thing.

I was living there.

It was all that the tv and news talked about for weeks.

Same thing happened today - no one would give two *****.
I've lived all my life in England - I can't remember anyone talking about - or it being all over the news - Icke was a pretty minor celebrity.

It's not like we hadn't had the Swinging 60's / Monty Python / Bowie / Punk / Boy George / Frankie Goes to Hollywood etc etc etc before 1991
slowsmile is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2016, 10:09 AM   #29
threadworm
Graduate Poster

I've lived all my life in England - I can't remember anyone talking about - or it being all over the news - Icke was a pretty minor celebrity.

It's not like we hadn't had the Swinging 60's / Monty Python / Bowie / Punk / Boy George / Frankie Goes to Hollywood etc etc etc before 1991
So have I, I watched the Wogan interview at the time and I remember the fuss about it all afterwards.

Apollo Hoax Debunked
threadworm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2016, 10:21 AM   #30
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

I'm just going to stick with "Icky".
That's how it's always been to me, and I ain't changing!

It is just so apt!
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2016, 10:23 AM   #31
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

,, and the Stones before, during and after.......
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2016, 04:31 PM   #32
Shiner
Motor Mouth

Originally Posted by jaydeehess View Post
That's how it's always been to me, and I ain't changing!

It is just so apt!
Same for me.
Shiner is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2016, 11:22 AM   #33
ShadowSot
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by gerdbonk View Post
I refer to him as D.Ickey.
ShadowSot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2022, 01:45 AM   #34
Warp12
Banned

- Pardon My Icke -

So, what is up with this guy? I am certain he is crazy...but so committed to the madness. It is very interesting. He is not a fraud, imo...just insane.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Warp12 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2022, 02:14 AM   #35
trustbutverify
Penultimate Amazing

What makes you think he's insane?
trustbutverify is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2022, 02:34 AM   #36
Carrot Flower King
Illuminator

It's what happens when you go south down the M69 at too great a speed...

He's never recovered from the cultural impact of moving from Leicester to Coventry...
Carrot Flower King is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2022, 03:00 AM   #37
Warp12
Banned

Originally Posted by trustbutverify View Post

I think there are elements of his thought that do not reconcile within his own points. I mean, at a glance.
Warp12 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2022, 03:41 AM   #38
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
I think there are elements of his thought that do not reconcile within his own points. I mean, at a glance.
Whatever. Just don't send him any money or buy his merch when he asks. That's all he really wants - free money from suckers.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2022, 05:42 AM   #39
lionking
In the Peanut Gallery

Originally Posted by trustbutverify View Post
Perhaps because he believes the world is ruled by Reptilians? Look I’m not an expert like Icke. He might be 100% correct…..

Sir Winston Churchill
lionking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2022, 06:17 AM   #40
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

I dunno. Someone claiming to be the smartest person I've ever encountered declared Icke is a reliable source of information. I mean, do we really have proof that Elizabeth II isn't a shape-shifting alien reptile?
Counterbalance in the little town of Ridgeview, Ohio. Two people permanently enslaved by the tyranny of fear and superstitution, facing the future with a kind of helpless dread. Two others facing the future with confidence - having escaped one of the darker places of the Twilight Zone.
Foster Zygote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories