IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags david icke , lizard people

Old 1st August 2022, 06:50 AM   #41
lionking
In the Peanut Gallery

Originally Posted by Foster Zygote View Post
I dunno. Someone claiming to be the smartest person I've ever encountered declared Icke is a reliable source of information. I mean, do we really have proof that Elizabeth II isn't a shape-shifting alien reptile?
You make a great point. I’m now more confused than normal….

Sir Winston Churchill
lionking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2022, 07:13 AM   #42
trustbutverify
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Perhaps because he believes the world is ruled by Reptilians? Look I’m not an expert like Icke. He might be 100% correct…..
Being a blindingly wrong, imbecilic narcissist doesn't necessarily constitute insanity. Non-insane douchebags routinely believe laughable fantasies.
trustbutverify is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2022, 07:26 AM   #43
Armitage72
Philosopher

I dunno. Someone claiming to be the smartest person I've ever encountered declared Icke is a reliable source of information. I mean, do we really have proof that Elizabeth II isn't a shape-shifting alien reptile?

Don't forget the extremely powerful and influential celebrities Kris Kristofferson and Lecil "Boxcar Willie" Martin.
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2022, 08:18 AM   #44
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

Originally Posted by lionking View Post
You make a great point. I’m now more confused than normal….
That's the intellujens getting into yer brain parts.
Counterbalance in the little town of Ridgeview, Ohio. Two people permanently enslaved by the tyranny of fear and superstitution, facing the future with a kind of helpless dread. Two others facing the future with confidence - having escaped one of the darker places of the Twilight Zone.
Foster Zygote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2022, 08:19 AM   #45
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

Originally Posted by trustbutverify View Post
Being a blindingly wrong, imbecilic narcissist doesn't necessarily constitute insanity. Non-insane douchebags routinely believe laughable fantasies.
Yeah, being mentally ill isn't the same thing as being really, really full of ****.
Counterbalance in the little town of Ridgeview, Ohio. Two people permanently enslaved by the tyranny of fear and superstitution, facing the future with a kind of helpless dread. Two others facing the future with confidence - having escaped one of the darker places of the Twilight Zone.
Foster Zygote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2022, 08:22 AM   #46
Carrot Flower King
Illuminator

Well, she is some sort of parasite...
Carrot Flower King is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2022, 08:26 AM   #47
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

Originally Posted by Armitage72 View Post
Don't forget the extremely powerful and influential celebrities Kris Kristofferson and Lecil "Boxcar Willie" Martin.
What, you haven't read The Protocols of the Elders of Boxcar Willieism?
Old 1st August 2022, 08:52 AM   #48
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

What, you haven't read The Protocols of the Elders of Boxcar Willieism?
Isn't that the book that, when read, turns you insane? Hmm. That does explain something.
Old 1st August 2022, 09:45 AM   #49
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Well there is the view that it's actually a dogwhistle and one should replace "Lizards" for (((Jews))) - and he certainly has pushed some Holocaust denial as well. I don't want to be reminded what the flavour of it was.

Every year since 1990 the US Public healthcare spending has been greater than the UK as a proportion of GDP. More US Tax goes to healthcare than the UK
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2022, 03:42 PM   #50
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

I wonder if Icke has any opinions as to where the Skrulls fit into this.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2022, 05:00 PM   #51
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Yu must B rly dum.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2022, 09:42 PM   #52
Warp12
Banned

Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
Well there is the view that it's actually a dogwhistle and one should replace "Lizards" for (((Jews))) - and he certainly has pushed some Holocaust denial as well. I don't want to be reminded what the flavour of it was.

I had not heard of that, but it is an interesting angle, for sure.
Warp12 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2022, 09:58 PM   #53
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Icke's antisemitism is very much on the surface.
Old 1st August 2022, 10:06 PM   #54
Warp12
Banned

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post

Do you subscribe to the dog whistle theory...or do you think he really believes in Reptoids? I think that is an important distinction, as far as whether he is "insane" or not.
Warp12 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2022, 10:29 PM   #55
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
Do you subscribe to the dog whistle theory...or do you think he really believes in Reptoids? I think that is an important distinction, as far as whether he is "insane" or not.
No.

I point to the fact that Icke is a Holocaust Denier and claims that the Protocols of the Elders of Zion are real.

That is antisemitism 101.
Old 1st August 2022, 10:52 PM   #56
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

As the Great Zaganza says, Icke has pushed openly antisemitic conspiracy theories as well as seemingly bizarre ones that would be far more historically familiar with a replacement of Jew for Reptile.

Every year since 1990 the US Public healthcare spending has been greater than the UK as a proportion of GDP. More US Tax goes to healthcare than the UK
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2022, 10:54 PM   #57
Warp12
Banned

Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
As the Great Zaganza says, Icke has pushed openly antisemitic conspiracy theories as well as seemingly bizarre ones that would be far more historically familiar with a replacement of Jew for Reptile.

So the idea would be, using this "reptoid" platform allows him to spread his anti-semite message without the same degree of scrutiny it might receive otherwise?

I'm just trying to understand the motive.
Old 2nd August 2022, 12:40 AM   #58
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

So the idea would be, using this "reptoid" platform allows him to spread his anti-semite message without the same degree of scrutiny it might receive otherwise?

I'm just trying to understand the motive.
to get money and praise from other anti-semintes.

this isn't complicated.
Old 2nd August 2022, 12:50 AM   #59
Warp12
Banned

to get money and praise from other anti-semintes.

this isn't complicated.

I'm not saying it is complicated. I am probably saying, support the claim.

His history has some other fairly insane actions in it, too. Those that might suggest mental illness, as opposed to a grand scheme to attack the jews.
Old 2nd August 2022, 01:09 AM   #60
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

I saw the interview Terry Wogan did with him shortly after he stopped being a sports commentator, must have been in the 70s, during which he pretty much claimed to be the second coming of Jesus Christ. He certainly seemed to me to be in urgent need of psychiatric help at that point. Since then he seems to have found a way of making a living out of his delusions. The lizard stuff may be antisemitism, but I think it's more likely he actually believes it.
Old 2nd August 2022, 12:26 PM   #61
welshdean
Michael McDonald 1967 - 2021

IIRC, his 'lizard' nonsense arrived just after the hugely popular sci-fi series 'V'. I remember asking a friend if he [Icke] had thought it was a documentary.
"In science it often happens that scientists say, "You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken," and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion."
Carl Sagan 1934 - 1996 RIP
welshdean is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th August 2022, 10:33 PM   #62
BaaBaa
Semi-literate hench-person

I used to lurk his forums around the same time I joined here when it was still JREF. Holy crap, that page was a trip.
Old 6th August 2022, 09:55 AM   #63
sackett
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
.... The lizard stuff may be antisemitism, but I think it's more likely he actually believes it.
It's easy for the fascist mind to hold both beliefs, and others, at the same time and with equal fervency.

Anyway, you've surely watched Borat, from 2006. ("They"want you to believe that it's a mockumentary.) Remember the scene where the J**s turn into roaches and the frightened Christians throw money at them? Did it look scripted to you? Hell, after insects, reptiloids would be a schnäpp. *

* Sorry for the Yiddish. Sometimes I can't hep it, nu vat I can do? oh god, it's starting again my name is Gregor S

When I lashed them with a length of chain, they called me sir.
sackett is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th August 2022, 10:35 AM   #64
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

Originally Posted by sackett View Post
Anyway, you've surely watched Borat, from 2006.
No. I prefer humour that makes me laugh rather than cringe.
Old 6th August 2022, 11:46 AM   #65
sackett
Philosopher

I laffed at The Running of the Jews

No. I prefer humour that makes me laugh rather than cringe.
Well, since you didn't watch it, you're A-OK.

When I lashed them with a length of chain, they called me sir.
sackett is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th August 2022, 02:46 PM   #66
trustbutverify
Penultimate Amazing

I saw the interview Terry Wogan did with him shortly after he stopped being a sports commentator, must have been in the 70s, during which he pretty much claimed to be the second coming of Jesus Christ. He certainly seemed to me to be in urgent need of psychiatric help at that point. Since then he seems to have found a way of making a living out of his delusions. The lizard stuff may be antisemitism, but I think it's more likely he actually believes it.
As I've said before: the intersection of people who believe the Protocols of the Elders of Zion is not a fraud and people who are not anti-Jewish racists is approximately zero.
trustbutverify is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th August 2022, 10:15 PM   #67
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

Originally Posted by trustbutverify View Post
As I've said before: the intersection of people who believe the Protocols of the Elders of Zion is not a fraud and people who are not anti-Jewish racists is approximately zero.
Agreed, but it's possible to be antisemitic and also suffer from other delusions. Likely, even.
Old 7th August 2022, 07:10 AM   #68
eerok
Quixoticist

Originally Posted by BaaBaa View Post
I used to lurk his forums around the same time I joined here when it was still JREF. Holy crap, that page was a trip.
I did the same, but not for long. Once the novelty of a train wreck wears off, it's just twisted wreckage.
Old 7th August 2022, 07:33 AM   #69
threadworm
Graduate Poster

I got banned from 'his' site in a purge that got rid of a lot if members that didn't by into the groupthink. For a place that prides itself on free thinking, they really don't like it if you disagree with them.

I put 'his' in commas because I think the main money milking activities are controlled by his son these days.

Apollo Hoax Debunked
threadworm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2022, 01:08 AM   #70
gypsyjackson
Master Poster

1991, I think.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13633356/

Last edited by gypsyjackson; 8th August 2022 at 01:15 AM. Reason: Quoting important to not look like Icke myself.
gypsyjackson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2022, 01:27 AM   #71
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

Originally Posted by gypsyjackson View Post
Weird, I could have sworn it was longer ago than that. Senior moment.
Old 8th August 2022, 02:20 AM   #72
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Weird, I could have sworn it was longer ago than that. Senior moment.
I can date it because I was at university and the Revue did a Vanilla Ike sketch

Old 8th August 2022, 10:40 AM   #73
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

I'm not all that familiar with Icke, and keep wondering: Do you pronounce the "e"?
Old 8th August 2022, 10:46 AM   #74
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
I'm not all that familiar with Icke, and keep wondering: Do you pronounce the "e"?
You pronounce the 'e' but not the 'c', IIRC.
Old 8th August 2022, 11:28 AM   #75
Armitage72
Philosopher

The Wikipedia pronunciation says aɪk. aɪ, "i" in "tide". k, "k" in "kind"
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2022, 11:33 AM   #76
eerok
Quixoticist

Originally Posted by Armitage72 View Post
The Wikipedia pronunciation says aɪk. aɪ, "i" in "tide". k, "k" in "kind"
He still makes me go "ick".
Old 8th August 2022, 11:43 AM   #77
ahhell
Philosopher

I do wonder something about this. Isn't his antisemitism very much of the elders of the protocols of Zion variety. Where in ordinary Jews are also the victims of the super jews that control everything. Not that it isn't anti-semitism but its slightly different that everyday antisemitism?
ahhell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2022, 12:08 PM   #78
trustbutverify
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by ahhell View Post
I do wonder something about this. Isn't his antisemitism very much of the elders of the protocols of Zion variety. Where in ordinary Jews are also the victims of the super jews that control everything. Not that it isn't anti-semitism but its slightly different that everyday antisemitism?
With very few exceptions, every racist employs plausible deniability in public.
Old 9th August 2022, 03:48 PM   #79
BazBear
Possible Suspect

Originally Posted by eerok View Post
He still makes me go "ick".
I call him David Icky Yucky doo-doo head.
BazBear is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2022, 04:07 PM   #80
Erock
Muse

I doubt Icke has a clue what goes on with his mad forum. They've split their second most popular thread about the flat earth into 2 exclusive threads on opposite sides. You may not argue with the flat earth loonies otherwise their mods say you'll get a warning.

They don't like anyone arguing about their daft covid claims either.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories