IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2020 elections , donald trump , election conspiracies , joe biden , Trump conspiracies

Closed Thread
Old 30th November 2020, 06:50 PM   #1
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Trump et al continued “2020 election” conspiracy theories

Mod InfoPrevious thread was due for a continuation thread but also taken the opportunity to create the continuation thread in the CT section. Feel free to copy anything or reference anything from previous thread. http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=347832

Posted By:Darat
Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
It's all Rudy's fault for bringing cold coffee.

No. It's Trump's fault for firing all his competent covfefe boys.

"Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation."

Last edited by Darat; 1st December 2020 at 08:35 AM.
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th November 2020, 06:52 PM   #2
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Originally Posted by slyjoe View Post
I get THAT.
Originally Posted by eerok View Post
It makes sense according to Trump's toady army. Krebs said that it was a fair and secure election, so he's contradicting Trump's BS narrative, and he is therefore the enemy.
Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
I'd explain it but Eerok ninja'd me.
I get THAT.

But Drawn and Quartered kind of negates the need for being shot at dawn, doesn't it?

... and then the pieces should be horsewhipped.

"Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation."
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th November 2020, 06:55 PM   #3
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Originally Posted by trustbutverify View Post
Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Are you saying you see incompetent parents with toddlers in the supermarkets?
The ignore the tantrum strategy is a catastrophic failure in my neck of the woods. Perhaps those parents don't know how to ignore properly.

A lot of it probably depends on where you choose to exercise that strategy.

Public venues (grocery stores, restaurants, etc.) are probably not the best venues.

Home is okay.

Old 30th November 2020, 06:57 PM   #4
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
National Review just broke with Trump calling his post election conduct "Disgraceful" . A bit too late, but still telling given the Review's clout as one of the foremost Conservative websites.
I think they broke with Trump a while ago.

Sigh, ninja'd again.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th November 2020, 07:02 PM   #5
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
I used to be one of those people who tsked-tsked when I saw a parent with a toddler having a meltdown in a store. And I could handle a room full of middle schoolers with no problem. Then I had a kid with ADHD. Was that ever an eye opener. Sometimes the only thing you can do is just leave the store which I had to do on more than one occasion.
I understand your pain. I imagine it was tough.

My son had one actual tantrum. I ignored it and he never had another one. But he was a pretty mellow kid.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th November 2020, 07:08 PM   #6
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by trustbutverify View Post
The ignore the tantrum strategy is a catastrophic failure in my neck of the woods. Perhaps those parents don't know how to ignore properly.
The highlighted is the problem.

Not counting special circumstances like Stacy described, you can't just ignore a single tantrum in the store. It's the pattern of positive parenting that one needs to use from the beginning which kids learn from.

Trump, for example, has never felt any actual consequences for anything. He's beyond hope at this point.

With toddlers, parents need parenting education and they rarely get it.
Old 30th November 2020, 07:09 PM   #7
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

I used to be one of those people who tsked-tsked when I saw a parent with a toddler having a meltdown in a store. And I could handle a room full of middle schoolers with no problem. Then I had a kid with ADHD. Was that ever an eye opener. Sometimes the only thing you can do is just leave the store which I had to do on more than one occasion.
I don't think that I ever tsked at that... but then, I was a kid that was diagnosed with ADHD. I have no memory of having a temper tantrum at a store, but I wouldn't be surprised if my parents had such a memory of me doing so. I definitely had a number of tantrums at home, though.
Old 30th November 2020, 07:12 PM   #8
Minoosh
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by slyjoe View Post
I get THAT.

But Drawn and Quartered kind of negates the need for being shot at dawn, doesn't it?
They have to shoot each individual piece.

ETA: Sigh. Everyone else has already posted stuff funnier than this.

Last edited by Minoosh; 30th November 2020 at 07:20 PM.
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th November 2020, 07:13 PM   #9
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by quadraginta View Post
A lot of it probably depends on where you choose to exercise that strategy.

Public venues (grocery stores, restaurants, etc.) are probably not the best venues.

Home is okay.
We are getting too far off topic here, but if the kid is throwing a tantrum in a public place then there's a good chance that is not their first tantrum and there's a good chance (with some exceptions) that earlier tantrums were not ignored, rather they were successful as far as the toddler was concerned.

Again, getting back to Trumpy the widdle toddler, he was screwed up by his father and according to Mary Trump, the niece, his mother didn't cross his father so she was no help. Bullying worked for Trump from an early age.
Old 30th November 2020, 07:13 PM   #10
dirtywick
Philosopher

kids are little humans, there’s not a universal manual for them
dirtywick is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th November 2020, 07:38 PM   #11
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

(Off topic. Probably.)
True story.
Screaming kid in the supermarket. "No Momma! Don't! Stop! Noooo!"
And she just went right on buying vegetables.
Old 30th November 2020, 07:38 PM   #12
SezMe
post-pre-born

It will also be interesting to see what crimes he pardons his kids for.
Blanket pardon for all past and future crimes. I think (not sure) that's what Ford's pardon of Tricky Dick said.
SezMe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th November 2020, 07:44 PM   #13
SezMe
post-pre-born

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
Dems should call for a 2nd vote, including all down-ballot offices: Republicans would literally kill Trump before they let that happen.
I think you've identified an issue that would have enthusiastic support on both sides of the aisle.
SezMe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th November 2020, 07:51 PM   #14
SezMe
post-pre-born

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Trump Tweets

I’m not fighting for me, I’m fighting for the 74,000,000 million people (not including the many Trump ballots that were “tossed”), a record for a sitting President, who voted for me!

First highlight:

Second highlight:
Wow, 74 Trillion supporters. He should have won the election!
Old 30th November 2020, 07:59 PM   #15
SezMe
post-pre-born

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
The "hearing" was, of course, a Republicans-only press conference in a hotel.
Hey, they're getting better. Last one was in a parking lot.
Old 30th November 2020, 08:03 PM   #16
trustbutverify
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by SezMe View Post
First highlight:

Second highlight:
Wow, 74 Trillion supporters. He should have won the election!
He meant to do that. He's playing 4d Chess.
trustbutverify is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th November 2020, 08:03 PM   #17
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

I get the humor of someone being drawn and quartered and then taken out at dawn and shot.

But I mentioned this because this was the President's lawyer suggesting on TV that a Trump appointed government servant be executed for doing his job.
Old 30th November 2020, 08:12 PM   #18
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Do quartered bodies become zombies in the Walking Dead?
As long as there is a working brain, they "live" even if the body is not intact. A severed head can still kill. A torso with a head can still crawl with one arm. I've got to get a life.....
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th November 2020, 08:18 PM   #19
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

As long as there is a working brain, they "live" even if the body is not intact. A severed head can still kill. A torso with a head can still crawl with one arm. I've got to get a life.....
I really don't want to know this.
Old 30th November 2020, 08:20 PM   #20
dirtywick
Philosopher

I was thinking it was a starfish scenario where he could keep growing back unless the brain is destroyed
dirtywick is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th November 2020, 08:21 PM   #21
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dirtywick View Post
kids are little humans, there’s not a universal manual for them
Truer words were never spoken. You have to learn what works for each child.

What worked for mine? I left her with her grandpa when I went shopping where both were happiest. She grew up to be damn near perfect.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th November 2020, 08:30 PM   #22
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Originally Posted by SezMe View Post
The "hearing" was, of course, a Republicans-only press conference in a hotel.
Hey, they're getting better. Last one was in a parking lot.

As a fun aside. I read that a petition is going around to put the site of that one on the National Register of Historic Places.

In a way that makes sense. It almost perfectly exemplifies the Trump reaction to losing the election.

Old 30th November 2020, 08:31 PM   #23
Andy_Ross
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Thank you! A lot of Senators and House Members are very happy that I came along. Think I’ll stick around for awhile!
Quote Tweet

thebradfordfile™
@thebradfordfile

LOL. The GOP thinks Trump is just going to go away? He's the most popular Republican in history.
Andy_Ross is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th November 2020, 08:33 PM   #24
Andy_Ross
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Only in America!
Quote Tweet

Steph
@steph93065
The democrat party has the brass balls to steal a Presidential election for a candidate their voters don't even like.

The Republicans are too wimpy to stop absolute theft of the Presidency from a candidate 95% of their voters LOVE
Andy_Ross is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th November 2020, 08:34 PM   #25
dirtywick
Philosopher

They’re asking him to go away so he doesn’t drag them down with him in GA. But, something tells me they will be, most appropriately, disappointed
Old 30th November 2020, 08:35 PM   #26
SezMe
post-pre-born

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
National Review just broke with Trump calling his post election conduct "Disgraceful" . A bit too late, but still telling given the Review's clout as one of the foremost Conservative websites.
I dunno about their clout. Remember that National Review ran an entire issue on why Trump was not qualified to be president. Of course, it's fair to note that the vast majority of Trump's minions don't read NR.

ETA: As already noted by Meadmaker.

Last edited by SezMe; 30th November 2020 at 08:41 PM.
Old 30th November 2020, 08:37 PM   #27
Andy_Ross
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Donald Trump Calls In to Arizona Voter Fraud Hearing: We‘re Fighting Back https://breitbart.com/politics/2020/...fighting-back/ via @BreitbartNews.
A very inspiring hearing. Such great support from both witnesses to election fraud and political leaders!
Old 30th November 2020, 08:44 PM   #28
rdaneel
Illuminator

As long as there is a working brain, they "live" even if the body is not intact. A severed head can still kill.
Yes, it can even make a useful weapon.

Zombie Head on a Stick
rdaneel is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th November 2020, 08:47 PM   #29
Andy_Ross
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Retweeted

Mindy Robinson
@iheartmindy

Dominion Voting System donated thousands of dollars to an anti-Trump Republican PAC linked to our Sec of State in Nevada.
Explain to me exactly “what” an election company is doing donating to ANY political side of an election they are contracted to run?

Catturd ™
@catturd2
Rudy Giuliani is presenting a ton of evidence.
If you ignore or refuse to look at the mountain of evidence being presented - save your breath barking to us about there being no evidence.
You can’t have it both ways.

Kambree
@KamVTV
They never thought they would get caught. They did. Notice how quiet they are? If I was accused of cheating I would fight like hell to clear my name.
Nope. Their silence says it all.

Catturd ™
@catturd2
Arizona Witness: Truck Loads of Ballots Kept Coming in For 10 Days After Elections Officials Thought They Were Done Counting Votes (VIDEO) via @gatewaypundit

They never thought Trump and We the People would call ******** and fight back hard.
They were wrong.
Old 30th November 2020, 08:54 PM   #30
dirtywick
Philosopher

when they made fun of people calling complaining on twitter "activism" i thought to myself, yeah that's a pretty good point.

so, yeah that's a pretty good point
Old 30th November 2020, 09:15 PM   #31
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

If you want to understand Trump's behavior take a glance through the 'Trump has pathologic narcissism' thread. Or read Mary Trump's book which explains how he got the way he is.

People watch and follow him because he's a very good con artist. But he's a phony. You could call the fact he gets out of his failures and continues to keep the con going a form of success.

He is incapable of admitting failure. I don't mean he just doesn't want to, I mean he is incapable. So he has manufactured this nonsense about voter fraud. His lawyers dropped out leaving behind the likes of Giuliani.

He won't concede but he will slink away to Mar-a-Lago at some point. I'm pretty sure our tax dollars and/or donations are paying to remodel the place before he lives there full time instead of going back to NY. He will continue to get whatever he can from us in the way of charging high rates for the secret service ex-presidents are entitled to.

But his escape from the law may be coming to an end and he knows that. He can't pardon himself from state crimes and some of his tax fraud can be prosecuted by the states. What I'm curious about is will he pardon himself from the money laundering he's been doing via his real estate deals? He'll have to admit to it if he wants to try to pardon himself for it.

It will also be interesting to see what crimes he pardons his kids for.
I agree with the whole post.

But when I read the highlighted segment, I realized that in early January, Team Trump will argue that presidential pardons do apply to state crimes. And the true believers will agree with his silly claim. A flurry of lawsuits will follow.
Old 30th November 2020, 09:25 PM   #32
DevilsAdvocate
Philosopher

Originally Posted by eerok View Post
Trump speaks out. and spouts BS as usual.

Trump slams judges' election decisions: 'What kind of a court system is this?' [foxnews.com]
Quote:
"We’re not allowed to put in our proof. They say you don’t have standing," Trump told "Sunday Morning Futures." "I would like to file one nice big beautiful lawsuit, talking about this and many other things, with tremendous proof. We have affidavits, we have hundreds and hundreds of affidavits."

"You mean as president of the United States, I don't have standing? What kind of a court system is this?"
They are allowed to put in their proof. The Trump campaign simply has not done so. Powell did. Hundreds of pages of affidavits and so on. But Trump kicked her to the curb before doing that. If Trump wants to file a big beautiful lawsuit with hundreds of affidavits and other things, there is nothing stopping him. He has had almost a month to do so.

Trump does not have standing as President of the United States. Why would the President have standing? Trump could maybe have standing in some cases as a presidential candidate. But he hasn't even filed any complaints as a plaintiff. The cases are all filed by his campaign organization.

The reason there are issues with standing in many of these cases is because they are taking issues with state law to federal courts. I assume this is because they keep losing in state court and Trump is hoping to get a case to a federal judge who he appointed and therefore owes him one. That isn't happening.

Federal courts deal with federal law. Now, if there is a case that deals with federal law but then incidentally has associated state laws, the federal court can deal with that. But they keep trying to shoehorn the state law issues in with some Constitutional basis and there actually isn't a Constitutional basis which means there is no standing.
Old 30th November 2020, 09:29 PM   #33
gregthehammer
Muse

Trump Retweeted

Mindy Robinson
@iheartmindy

Dominion Voting System donated thousands of dollars to an anti-Trump Republican PAC linked to our Sec of State in Nevada.
Explain to me exactly “what” an election company is doing donating to ANY political side of an election they are contracted to run?

Catturd ™
@catturd2
Rudy Giuliani is presenting a ton of evidence.
If you ignore or refuse to look at the mountain of evidence being presented - save your breath barking to us about there being no evidence.
You can’t have it both ways.

Kambree
@KamVTV
They never thought they would get caught. They did. Notice how quiet they are? If I was accused of cheating I would fight like hell to clear my name.
Nope. Their silence says it all.

Catturd ™
@catturd2
Arizona Witness: Truck Loads of Ballots Kept Coming in For 10 Days After Elections Officials Thought They Were Done Counting Votes (VIDEO) via @gatewaypundit

They never thought Trump and We the People would call ******** and fight back hard.
They were wrong.
Catturd?
gregthehammer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th November 2020, 10:12 PM   #34
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

(Off topic. Probably.)
True story.
Screaming kid in the supermarket. "No Momma! Don't! Stop! Noooo!"
And she just went right on buying vegetables.
Old 30th November 2020, 10:32 PM   #35
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post
I agree with the whole post.

But when I read the highlighted segment, I realized that in early January, Team Trump will argue that presidential pardons do apply to state crimes. And the true believers will agree with his silly claim. A flurry of lawsuits will follow.
I would not be surprised.
Old 30th November 2020, 10:36 PM   #36
dirtywick
Philosopher

Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
They are allowed to put in their proof. The Trump campaign simply has not done so. Powell did. Hundreds of pages of affidavits and so on. But Trump kicked her to the curb before doing that. If Trump wants to file a big beautiful lawsuit with hundreds of affidavits and other things, there is nothing stopping him. He has had almost a month to do so.

Trump does not have standing as President of the United States. Why would the President have standing? Trump could maybe have standing in some cases as a presidential candidate. But he hasn't even filed any complaints as a plaintiff. The cases are all filed by his campaign organization.

The reason there are issues with standing in many of these cases is because they are taking issues with state law to federal courts. I assume this is because they keep losing in state court and Trump is hoping to get a case to a federal judge who he appointed and therefore owes him one. That isn't happening.

Federal courts deal with federal law. Now, if there is a case that deals with federal law but then incidentally has associated state laws, the federal court can deal with that. But they keep trying to shoehorn the state law issues in with some Constitutional basis and there actually isn't a Constitutional basis which means there is no standing.
i don't want to be the one to say it, but asking a bunch of guys that just started their federal judge career with a lifetime appointment to end democracy might not have been a good plan
Old 30th November 2020, 10:40 PM   #37
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

In Trump's last days apparently cruelty relieves his stress:

Trump loosens US execution rules, allowing poison gas, firing squads
Quote:
The changes could allow for capital punishment by firing squad or poison gas instead of lethal injection. Critics say Donald Trump is trying to rush through tougher punishments before he leaves office. ...

... The rule — which goes into effect on December 24 — comes as the Justice Department has scheduled five executions during the lame-duck period, including three just days before President-elect Joe Biden takes office.

A Justice Department official told The Associated Press (AP) that the federal government "will never execute an inmate by firing squad or electrocution unless the relevant state has itself authorized that method of execution.”

The official said two executions scheduled in December would be done by lethal injection but did not provide information about three others scheduled in January.
Old 30th November 2020, 11:54 PM   #38
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Retweeted

Mindy Robinson
@iheartmindy

I call BS. If you go Mindy Robinson's twitter, she claims the Dominion donated $5k to the "anti-Trump" PAC Republican State Leadership Committee which is actually a PRO-Trump PAC:

Quote:
The RSLC and state Republicans are on offense this year – and President Donald Trump is powering the way. Across our 12 target redistricting states, at least 115 districts are currently held by a Democrat, but were won by President Trump in 2016. We are going to flip them to Republican when he wins them again this fall.
Mindy got this nonsense straight from...surprise, surprise...Sidney Powell who accused Nevada election officials of being in on the rigging.
Quote:
Old 1st December 2020, 01:14 AM   #39
Firestone
Proud Award Award recipient

I see that one of President Trump's lawyers Joe Digenova said today that Trump appointed former head of CISA "should be drawn and quartered...taken out at dawn and shot"
Is such a statement covered by the 1st amendment?
Old 1st December 2020, 01:20 AM   #40
DevilsAdvocate
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Firestone View Post
Is such a statement covered by the 1st amendment?
Yes. There are some laws against threatening government officials. But he is no longer a government employee. And simply saying that he should be executed is not an actual cause or excitement to action.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories