IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags election conspiracies , Mike Lindell

Old 16th March 2021, 12:30 PM   #41
Agatha
Winking at the Moon
Administrator

Professor Hubert Farnsworth has never been more correct.
Old 16th March 2021, 12:38 PM   #42
turingtest
Mistral, mistral wind...

Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
no.

Tens of thousands of pillows were given away to concert attendees as a promo. They also set the record for the largest pillow fight, which ended with this prayer.

https://www.swnewsmedia.com/mypillow...43ab24528.html
Wow. There really does come a point where religion, as a cure for addiction or other problems, itself becomes a (mental) problem worse than the original one could ever have been.

Life was a short shelf that came with bookends- Stephen King
turingtest is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th March 2021, 03:44 PM   #43
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by turingtest View Post
Wow. There really does come a point where religion, as a cure for addiction or other problems, itself becomes a (mental) problem worse than the original one could ever have been.
Unless it is some money-making scheme, like this. There is no way in hell that Mr MyPillow Guy would give away any of his product unless there was some form of profit in it for him. Inevitably with these faux-religious types, it's "follow the money", lots of it.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th March 2021, 08:05 PM   #44
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
no.

Tens of thousands of pillows were given away to concert attendees as a promo. They also set the record for the largest pillow fight, which ended with this prayer.

https://www.swnewsmedia.com/mypillow...43ab24528.html
OMG. The stupid... it burns!

Its TRE45ON season... convict the F45CIST!!
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th March 2021, 08:20 PM   #45
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
OMG. The stupid... it burns!
And what a tremendously motivational speaker that Mike is... not.

You can almost hear his thinking... Damn, think of something... wrap it up... WRAP IT UP!!!
What a ******* muppet.

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th March 2021, 08:10 PM   #46
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Step one: Kneel on and hug your pillow while babbling to god.

Step Two: Hump the flag.

Step Three: ??????
Judging by the first two steps, I don't know what step three is but step four involves color safe bleach.

Last edited by Craig4; 19th March 2021 at 08:12 PM.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th March 2021, 08:45 PM   #47
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Jim_MDP View Post
And what a tremendously motivational speaker that Mike is... not.

You can almost hear his thinking... Damn, think of something... wrap it up... WRAP IT UP!!!
What a ******* muppet.
*winces painfully*
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th March 2021, 03:47 PM   #48
carlitos
"más divertido"

And away we go. Welcome to frank speech. https://frankspeech.com

Their webpage could use some editing, so I redlined it a little. Most people should not write like they talk.

I wonder what he means by this platform being a place where you can livestream television. Like, will I be able to watch livestreams of some television here, or will rogues and pirates be able to post links to livestreams here, like in the old days on reddit tvsports, etc.?
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th March 2021, 03:52 PM   #49
TheSupermeerkat
Graduate Poster

I'm signing up for that as soon I can, and gone have me fun.
TheSupermeerkat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th March 2021, 04:31 PM   #50
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

That page looks like something that was stapled to telephone poles in the 70s.
Old 24th March 2021, 04:32 PM   #51
Shalamar
Dark Lord of the JREF

Free Speech! But only if you are conservative, and believe in a one party fascist state!

"The truth is out there. But the lies are inside your head."
Shalamar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th March 2021, 04:35 PM   #52
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Freeze Peach!!!!
Old 24th March 2021, 04:59 PM   #53
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
And away we go. Welcome to frank speech. https://frankspeech.com

Their webpage could use some editing, so I redlined it a little. Most people should not write like they talk.

I wonder what he means by this platform being a place where you can livestream television. Like, will I be able to watch livestreams of some television here, or will rogues and pirates be able to post links to livestreams here, like in the old days on reddit tvsports, etc.?
Hmm. So we have "Karen" as a collective term for entitled, bossy-boots, busybody women who stick their unwanted noses into other people's business, and want to complain to the manager.

Now, we have "Frank", a collective term for racists, homophobes, transphobes, white supremacists, far-right extremists, Trump supporters and intractable Repugnican asshats like Ted Cruz and Louie Gohmert...

"Shut up ya Frank!"

"OK Frank"

"....the GOP is full of Franks!"

smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th March 2021, 05:43 PM   #54
Carlotta
Graduate Poster

Carlotta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th March 2021, 06:07 PM   #55
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Frankly, Karen, I don't give a damn!
Old 24th March 2021, 08:38 PM   #56
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Oh dear. For Eastern Canadians "of an Age" the name evokes delightful memories of Frank (magazine)WP in its heyday mid to late 1990s. Not the same beast at all.
Old 25th March 2021, 03:07 AM   #57
TheSupermeerkat
Graduate Poster

In the UK Frank was a drugs advice service from the 1990s.
TheSupermeerkat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th March 2021, 04:19 AM   #58
gnome
Penultimate Amazing

So will any new jargon coming from the site be the "Lingua Franka"?

gnome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th March 2021, 04:29 AM   #59
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by TheSupermeerkat View Post
I'm signing up for that as soon I can, and gone have me fun.
"My Frank opinion is that ex-president Trump is a lair and a seditionist and should be hanged".
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th March 2021, 04:31 AM   #60
catsmate
No longer the 1

Hmm. So we have "Karen" as a collective term for entitled, bossy-boots, busybody women who stick their unwanted noses into other people's business, and want to complain to the manager.

Now, we have "Frank", a collective term for racists, homophobes, transphobes, white supremacists, far-right extremists, Trump supporters and intractable Repugnican asshats like Ted Cruz and Louie Gohmert...

"Shut up ya Frank!"

"OK Frank"

"....the GOP is full of Franks!"
On behalf of Charlamange and the Franks I wish to complain.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th March 2021, 04:39 AM   #61
turingtest
Mistral, mistral wind...

The really dishonest framing there is the way Lindell casts himself as a "victim of 'cancel culture' when he began to express his views on matters that the liberal media and big tech deemed to be politically incorrect." No, Mike- there's a difference between "politically incorrect" and "factually incorrect," and nothing in your right of free speech obligates the media or big tech to carry your lies or cancels their right to call them what they are.

Life was a short shelf that came with bookends- Stephen King
turingtest is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th March 2021, 04:50 AM   #62
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

I'm predicting a global coalition made up of K-pop fans on Tic Toc is going to form and bring this is to a quick but amusing end.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th March 2021, 07:41 AM   #63
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by turingtest View Post
The really dishonest framing there is the way Lindell casts himself as a "victim of 'cancel culture' when he began to express his views on matters that the liberal media and big tech deemed to be politically incorrect." No, Mike- there's a difference between "politically incorrect" and "factually incorrect," and nothing in your right of free speech obligates the media or big tech to carry your lies or cancels their right to call them what they are.
I'm sure it was written by others but that's quite the swelled.head to feature himself so prominently.
Honestly, until I reopened the thread just now, I was thinking I had read (last night) the launch announcement for T's proposed new platform. Of course, if that happens, it'll have his name up front.

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th March 2021, 07:42 AM   #64
TheSupermeerkat
Graduate Poster

I'm sure it was written by others but that's quite the swelled.head to feature himself so prominently.
Honestly, until I reopened the thread just now, I was thinking I had read (last night) the launch announcement for T's proposed new platform. Of course, if that happens, it'll have his name up front.
He who is not to be named should call it Trumper. Hilarity with prevail in the UK as that is the family friendly word for farting.
Old 25th March 2021, 08:23 AM   #65
EvilBiker
Spectral Challenger

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Frankly, Karen, I don't give a damn!
To be brutally Frank, I don’t think this thing has legs...
Old 25th March 2021, 10:57 AM   #66
carlitos
"más divertido"

If that was written by others, then Mr. Lindell needs much better others.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th March 2021, 11:44 AM   #67
eerok
Quixoticist

If it were the Frank Zappa social network, I'd be in.

Lindell, however, will always be a silly putz.
Old 25th March 2021, 11:59 AM   #68
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

I wonder how long it will be before Lindell suffers the same fate as John Schnatter (founder of Papa Johns Pizza)?

Old 25th March 2021, 12:36 PM   #69
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

I wonder how long it will be before Lindell suffers the same fate as John Schnatter (founder of Papa Johns Pizza)?
I think he is the sole owner whereas John had to deal with shareholders.

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th March 2021, 12:37 PM   #70
Galaxie
Graduate Poster

Twitter has Tweets; what will Frank have?

"Did you see what Trump just Frank'd? Frankfurted? Farted?"

"Oh man, Kyle just got banned for Franking about ____"
Galaxie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th March 2021, 11:04 PM   #71
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Galaxie View Post

I'm trying all the vowels I know: Frank, frenk, frink, fronk, frunk, frynk...

Do we have to go through the phonemes?
Old 25th March 2021, 11:19 PM   #72
Hans
Philosopher

Dribbles
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th March 2021, 04:57 AM   #73
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Twitter has Tweets; what will Frank have?"
Wieners?

Last edited by smartcooky; 26th March 2021 at 04:59 AM.
Old 26th March 2021, 05:02 AM   #74
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Wieners?
Lawsuits?
If only it were all so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago
Darat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th March 2021, 05:40 AM   #75
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Diarrhea.
Old 26th March 2021, 06:25 AM   #76
carlitos
"más divertido"

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
Lawsuits?

Winner.
Old 26th March 2021, 06:50 AM   #77
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
That page looks like something that was stapled to telephone poles in the 70s.
The same design was carried over to all kook websites of the 1990s, just with more colors.
Old 26th March 2021, 08:39 AM   #78
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

I see a clear strategy by Lindell here to show that his delusions have nothing to do with making a profit, since he is willing to sink untold millions into obviously futile projects.

Like Powell, he is trying to look more like an idiot than a grafter, which will help him in the Dominion lawsuit.
Old 26th March 2021, 08:44 AM   #79
marting
Illuminator

Wieners?
Frank'n Stein

Hold my beer.
Old 26th March 2021, 09:23 AM   #80
paiute
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by catsmate View Post
"My Frank opinion is that ex-president Trump is a lair and a seditionist and should be hanged".
You will get nowhere approaching this from the left. You have to circle around the enemy lines under cover of darkness and approach from the right:

"God spoke to me and told me that Donald Trump is a Democratic plant to destroy the Republican Party."
http://www.scribd.com/doc/36568510/A...-of-Cadaverine
paiute is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories