IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags election conspiracies , Mike Lindell

Old 26th March 2021, 09:39 AM   #81
gmanontario
Muse

Originally Posted by Gord_in_Toronto View Post
Oh dear. For Eastern Canadians "of an Age" the name evokes delightful memories of Frank (magazine)WP in its heyday mid to late 1990s. Not the same beast at all.
Exactly my first thought too. I loved that rag.
gmanontario is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th March 2021, 10:24 AM   #82
arayder
Illuminator

I am seeing news reports that the "Stop the Steal" crowd has moved on to a "stop the vaccine" message.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/26/u...i-vaccine.html
arayder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th March 2021, 10:37 AM   #83
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by arayder View Post
I am seeing news reports that the "Stop the Steal" crowd has moved on to a "stop the vaccine" message.

It seems they can only define themselves by being against something, they seem to have a weird zero-sum attitude to society.
If only it were all so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago
Darat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th March 2021, 10:52 AM   #84
arayder
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
It seems they can only define themselves by being against something, they seem to have a weird zero-sum attitude to society.
And there seems to be a sort of default assumption that the powers that be are trying to cheat and or kill them.

It's like they never recognized the dedicated school board member, the mayor who puts her career on hold for a decade to help the city or, in this case, the doctors and public health officials who prepare for things the rest of us don't even think about.
arayder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th March 2021, 10:54 AM   #85
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

And there seems to be a sort of default assumption that the powers that be are trying to cheat and or kill them.

It's like they never recognized the dedicated school board member, the mayor who puts her career on hold for a decade to help the city or, in this case, the doctors and public health officials who prepare for things the rest of us don't even think about.
Whilst I know it is woo - the idea of “projection” is hard to shake.
If only it were all so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago
Darat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th March 2021, 11:40 AM   #86
arayder
Illuminator

Yeah, I've thought the same thing. I wonder if they have a problem with functional people and working societal systems. Sorta like the kid in school who had a problem with classmates who studied and achieved.

it seems like the Trumpies, the anti-vaxers and the sovcits have joined forces to make one big ole mess of crazy.

Last edited by arayder; 26th March 2021 at 11:44 AM.
Old 26th March 2021, 12:08 PM   #87
eerok
Quixoticist

Quote:
Bashing of the safety and efficacy of vaccines is occurring in chatrooms frequented by all manner of right-wing groups including the Proud Boys; the Boogaloo movement, a loose affiliation known for wanting to spark a second Civil War; and various paramilitary organizations.
So it's not just kooks, it's traitors, too.
Old 26th March 2021, 12:28 PM   #88
arayder
Illuminator

Originally Posted by eerok View Post
So it's not just kooks, it's traitors, too.
I had a chilling thought the other day wondering if Trump thought he might end up being the president after the civil war.

In the past thoughts like that made me say, "No way!" to myself. Not now.

The idea that the public heath system would purposefully screw up the vaccine is intended to sew doubts in the country these folks are trying to overthrow.
Old 29th March 2021, 02:21 PM   #89
TheSupermeerkat
Graduate Poster

MyPillow CEO Shouts Over Steve Bannon in Wild Rant: ‘Donald Trump Will be Back in Office in August!’

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...t2?li=BB141NW3

This sounds like the kind of free speech the dickhead says he doesn't have.

If this is what he gets up to on MSM he's going to be nuts of his free speech platform.
TheSupermeerkat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th March 2021, 02:55 PM   #90
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Did they already forget this was Trump's vaccine?
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th March 2021, 02:56 PM   #91
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Projection is woo?
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th March 2021, 02:59 PM   #92
eerok
Quixoticist

I hate to be mean, because I deeply suspect Lindell has mental problems, but I hope the full wrath of the law falls on his head. I mean, you can be stupid, and you can be crazy, but these things shouldn't be a shield against what's true and right. At some point it should be okay to shut you up.
Old 29th March 2021, 03:03 PM   #93
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by TheSupermeerkat View Post
MyPillow CEO Shouts Over Steve Bannon in Wild Rant: ‘Donald Trump Will be Back in Office in August!’

If this is what he gets up to on MSM he's going to be nuts of his free speech platform.
Pillow Guy rambles like someone with serious mental problems. I've heard people in the hospital with paranoid delusional syndromes talk like that. Seriously.
Old 29th March 2021, 03:04 PM   #94
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Lindell truly is swivel-eyed insane. Dare I say it, more obviously and deeply insane than his "hero", T****. Not even tangentially impinging on reality, as they say.

Heaven knows what his employees think having to work for this guy. I mean, how is his pillow business going?
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th March 2021, 03:19 PM   #95
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Re Lindell, here are the DSM-5 criteria for 301.0 (F 60.0) Paranoid Personality Disorder Diagnostic Criteria
Quote:

A. Suspiciousness and pervasive mistrust of others in their motivations that are interpreted as malevolent, which began in early adulthood and is manifested in a variety of contexts as indicated by four (or more) of the following:

1. Suspects without a sufficient basis that others are harming, exploiting or deceiving them.
2. Has a preoccupation without justification about the trustworthiness or loyalty of friends, family or associates.
3. A reluctance to confide in others because of an unwarranted fear that the information will be used negatively against them.
4. Reads threatening meanings and demeaning motivations behind benign remarks or events.
5. Unforgiving of other’s insults, slights and perceived injuries and persistently bearing grudges
6. Perceives attacks on their character and reputation that is not apparent to others and reacts quickly and angrily in counterattack.
7. Has recurrent suspicions although unjustified about the fidelity of their spouse or sexual partner.

B. The symptoms do not occur exclusively during the course of schizophrenia, bipolar disorder or depressive disorder with psychotic features, or other psychotic disorders that are not attributable to the physiological effects of another medical condition.
Whether he meets these criteria, I don't think we have enough to go on yet. But there is something seriously wrong with the guy as evidenced by his disorganized rambling. He can't answer a question without several sidetracks, he can't complete a whole sentence without sidetracks.

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; 29th March 2021 at 03:21 PM.
Old 30th March 2021, 07:25 AM   #96
TheSupermeerkat
Graduate Poster

Lindell claims his site can host a billion users! That is sone serious, serious Google level hardware.

Quote:
Lindell said: "None of these guys are going to be able to take this down. We're gonna all come over there. All the influencers... all these people that can't say on their podcasts the word 'Dominion,' or they can't say 'vaccine, a vaccine is bad for you.'

"They are going to be able to speak out and speak freely and it's going to be amazing. The voices of hundreds of millions of people are going to be heard."
https://www.newsweek.com/mypillow-ce...people-1579449

I await this dumpster fire with interest.
TheSupermeerkat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th March 2021, 10:59 AM   #97
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Lindell claims his site can host a billion users! That is sone serious, serious Google level hardware.

https://www.newsweek.com/mypillow-ce...people-1579449

I await this dumpster fire with interest.

The guy has been claiming he has the evidence and we're all going to see it since the election and he never has it. Now he's saying Trump will be POTUS come August as soon as the SCOTUS hears the case.

Is there any reason to believe this website/host nonsense? Can't be a dumpster fire without a dumpster.

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; 30th March 2021 at 11:00 AM.
Old 30th March 2021, 11:11 AM   #98
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
"Lindell said: "None of these guys are going to be able to take this down."
Judging by the unsophisticated 1990's era web design we have been shown as a front page, I'll bet any half-decent script-kiddie or code monkey would have no trouble taking it down.

Its TRE45ON season... convict the F45CIST!!

Last edited by smartcooky; 30th March 2021 at 11:25 AM.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th March 2021, 11:23 AM   #99
TheGoldcountry
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Lindell truly is swivel-eyed insane. Dare I say it, more obviously and deeply insane than his "hero", T****. Not even tangentially impinging on reality, as they say.

When Steve Bannon is the one trying to talk you off the ledge, you might have a problem.
Old 30th March 2021, 11:25 AM   #100
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TV%27s_Frank

Last edited by Mike!; 30th March 2021 at 11:27 AM.
Mike! is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th March 2021, 11:37 AM   #101
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Is Lindell begging for a DDOS attack?
Old 30th March 2021, 11:51 AM   #102
marting
Illuminator

Originally Posted by paiute View Post
"God spoke to me and told me that Donald Trump is a Democratic plant to destroy the Republican Party."
Sen. Lindsey Graham, is that you?
Old 30th March 2021, 12:02 PM   #103
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
Is Lindell begging for a DDOS attack?
The guy spruiks prayer, pillows, insanity and insurrection for a living. He has ZERO idea how to run a website let alone understand what a DDOS attack is.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th March 2021, 12:37 PM   #104
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
The guy spruiks prayer, pillows, insanity and insurrection for a living. He has ZERO idea how to run a website let alone understand what a DDOS attack is.
He'll learn... about 27 seconds after the site goes live.

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th March 2021, 03:13 PM   #105
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Shalamar View Post
Free Speech! But only if you are conservative, and believe in a one party fascist state!
I support everything in that flyer, but I know that the MyPillow guy does not.
Oldest trick in the book, talking endlessly about freedom while planning to impose a dictatorship. No political party ever talked more about freedom then the Nazi Party in it's rise to power.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th March 2021, 03:17 PM   #106
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Jim_MDP View Post
You mean if it ever goes live because odds are heavily in favor of never.
Old 30th March 2021, 05:34 PM   #107
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Jim_MDP View Post
27 seconds!! You're optimistic!
Old 30th March 2021, 06:04 PM   #108
Athyrio
Hipster Doofus

I would not be surprised if Qanon doesn’t already have a say about that with the Georgia Guidestones and I’m waiting for some Q to suggest that Covid is being spread by chemtrails and one of them is probably already working on how to fit a flat earth into the mix.
Old 30th March 2021, 06:35 PM   #109
dann
Penultimate Amazing

You don't have to wait! Analysis: Conspiracy theorists link coronavirus to 5G and 'chemtrails' (BBC Monitoring, Feb. 26, 2020)
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th March 2021, 06:42 PM   #110
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dann View Post
You don't have to wait! Analysis: Conspiracy theorists link coronavirus to 5G and 'chemtrails' (BBC Monitoring, Feb. 26, 2020)
FFS...
Old 30th March 2021, 08:59 PM   #111
Athyrio
Hipster Doofus

Originally Posted by dann View Post

Thank you and again I'm not that surprised. These Q's are quite the busy beavers when it comes to fabrication. I mostly only read about them here.
Old 31st March 2021, 12:20 PM   #112
carlitos
"más divertido"

Mike Lindell had a pretty normal interview on this subject:

Quote:
"So what I decided to do this as Mike Lindell now is I'm going to over the course of the next five weeks, four to five weeks, I'm going to dump all this evidence for all to see every day on my new platform Frank, where the world can't suppress it, where every single person, my audience I believe is a Democrat, just a Democrat that goes, 'Wow. China attacked us, this came in, it's foreign interference, they came in and stole this election through these machines Dominion and Smartmatic, everyone will get to see this over five weeks there's a very, I have a very coordinated plan here."

"Then I'm also countersuing, I'm not countersuing, putting a lawsuit with MyPillow against Dominion, countersuing of the public for free speech, for the first amendment rights, we're all doing this over the course of five weeks, just show the world, all the evidence, including nine people on the Supreme Court, and including their neighbors, their friends, everybody going, 'Did you see this? Did you see this? Did you see this?'"
(link is to twitter with video)

Last edited by carlitos; 31st March 2021 at 12:22 PM.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st March 2021, 01:11 PM   #113
eerok
Quixoticist

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
Originally Posted by Mike Lindell
I'm going to over the course of the next five weeks, four to five weeks, I'm going to dump all this evidence for all to see every day on my new platform
Am I wrong in remembering that Lindell already gave his evidence in a long video, and no one cared?
Old 31st March 2021, 01:37 PM   #114
TheSupermeerkat
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by eerok View Post
Am I wrong in remembering that Lindell already gave his evidence in a long video, and no one cared?
He gave evidence that was overwhelming, conclusive and damming. I guess he could have found some more.
Old 31st March 2021, 02:04 PM   #115
eerok
Quixoticist

He gave evidence that was overwhelming, conclusive and damming. I guess he could have found some more.
I have every confidence that whatever Lindell found lately will do him just as much good as the last load of crap he offered as evidence.

It's sad to see a pratfall like this, and yet still satisfying.
Old 31st March 2021, 04:16 PM   #116
dirtywick
Philosopher

This dude made millions of dollars and he’s a ******* idiot
dirtywick is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st April 2021, 11:22 PM   #117
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dirtywick View Post
This dude's marketing gurus made him millions of dollars and he’s a ******* idiot
Perhaps more accurate.
Old 13th April 2021, 11:27 AM   #118
carlitos
"más divertido"

The "Free Speech" site won't allow dirty pictures, swearing or taking the Lord's name in vain.
Originally Posted by frank speech
"We went back to our Founding Fathers and stuff to find out what defines free speech," Lindell said. "You don't get to use the four swear words, you know, the C-word, the N-word, the F-word or God's name in vain. Free speech is not pornography. Free speech isn't, 'I'm going to kill you.'"
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2021, 11:41 AM   #119
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Damn, that is going to a really boring site....

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2021, 11:48 AM   #120
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

So it is only for plotting to overthrow the government then?
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories