IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags election conspiracies , Mike Lindell

Old 13th April 2021, 11:52 AM   #121
Galaxie
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by ponderingturtle View Post
So it is only for plotting to overthrow the government then?
Yes, but you can't threaten to hang Mike Pence apparently
Galaxie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2021, 12:05 PM   #122
jadebox
Master Poster

"You don't get to use the four swear words, you know, the C-word, the N-word, the F-word."

No wonder he doesn't understand how votes are counted. "1 ... 2 ... 4 ...."
jadebox is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2021, 01:00 PM   #123
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by jadebox View Post
"You don't get to use the four swear words, you know, the C-word, the N-word, the F-word."

No wonder he doesn't understand how votes are counted. "1 ... 2 ... 4 ...."
And which F word is actually banned?
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2021, 01:36 PM   #124
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Freedom.

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2021, 01:57 PM   #125
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
Lindell asked his fans to sign up for early "VIP access" by providing their telephone numbers.
So all his massive site will host is himself and a few stupid rubes dumb enough to hand over their phone numbers? Awesome.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2021, 02:37 PM   #126
TheSupermeerkat
Graduate Poster

What I don't understand why doesn't that dickhead Lindell understand what freespeech or the first amendment is?

Quote:
"All the cancels of our First Amendment rights we're seeing right now, well guess what? It's coming back,"
I'm a brit and I think I've got a better idea of what the 1st ammendment is than he has.
TheSupermeerkat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2021, 02:58 PM   #127
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by TheSupermeerkat View Post
What I don't understand why doesn't that dickhead Lindell understand what freespeech or the first amendment is?

I'm a brit and I think I've got a better idea of what the 1st ammendment is than he has.
He wants the right to say what HE wants while denying the right to others to say what THEY want. Free speech, but only for him, and without any consequences.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2021, 03:07 PM   #128
eerok
Quixoticist

So when is all this Pillow Talk supposed to go online?
Old 13th April 2021, 03:21 PM   #129
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by eerok View Post
So when is all this Pillow Talk supposed to go online?
In about two weeks.
Old 13th April 2021, 03:40 PM   #130
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
So the guy that had a drug problem is launching his new site on 4/20, huh?
Old 13th April 2021, 04:23 PM   #131
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

He got bigger plans (and not a small helping of hubris)... a merch site to rival Amazon.
LOL

https://www.newsweek.com/mypillow-ce...amazon-1583037

Like an Evangelical Etsy maybe?

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.

Last edited by Jim_MDP; 13th April 2021 at 04:24 PM.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2021, 04:32 PM   #132
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Jim_MDP View Post
He got bigger plans (and not a small helping of hubris)... a merch site to rival Amazon.
LOL

Someone get the guy a soapbox and reserve a corner in the main park in his town for him to spruik his theories.
Old 13th April 2021, 04:32 PM   #133
TheSupermeerkat
Graduate Poster

LOL

Delusional *******. Amazon will crush him.
TheSupermeerkat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2021, 04:36 PM   #134
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Heh! I'm also reminded of this website.
Old 13th April 2021, 04:38 PM   #135
TheSupermeerkat
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Gene Ray had more integrity than Lindell does.
Old 13th April 2021, 05:03 PM   #136
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Delusional *******. Amazon will crush him.
He's got an Everest times two sized hill to climb before Amazon even notices him.
What a maroon.

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2021, 05:10 PM   #137
Hans
Philosopher

An old classic: who could forget such wisdom as......

Quote:
1 Educated Are Most Dumb.

Not 1 Human Except Dead 1.

Man Is Paired, 2 Half 4 Self.

1 of God Is Only 1/4 Of God.

Marshmallow A Lie & Word Is Lies.

Navel Connects 4 Corner 4s.

God Is Born Of A Mother

She Left Belly B. Signature.

Every Priest Has Ma Sign

But Lies To Honor Unicorns.

Belly B. Proves 4 Corners.
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2021, 05:22 PM   #138
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

OMG I almost sprayed my keyboard!

Quote:
In 1884, meridian time personnel met in Washington to change Earth time.
But when they got to marshmallow time... that has to be fake. But it's so long, that suggests a schizoid-type delusion. I didn't even scroll to the bottom.

I do think Pillow guy, Sydney, and maybe Giuliani have something wrong in their brains. I'm not sure which category it fits in, typically a personality disorder of some kind. For sure though they are not normal.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2021, 05:22 PM   #139
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Gene Ray had more integrity than Lindell does.
You are aware of the guy?
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2021, 05:25 PM   #140
TheSupermeerkat
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
You are aware of the guy?
Sarcasm?

Last edited by TheSupermeerkat; 13th April 2021 at 05:28 PM.
Old 13th April 2021, 05:28 PM   #141
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

But when they got to marshmallow time... that has to be fake. But it's so long, that suggests a schizoid-type delusion. I didn't even scroll to the bottom.

I do think Pillow guy, Sydney, and maybe Giuliani have something wrong in their brains. I'm not sure which category it fits in, typically a personality disorder of some kind. For sure though they are not normal.
That website HAS to be a Poe... it just has to be. It looks like he got all his website text and wording from a bull-**** generator!

Its TRE45ON season... convict the F45CIST!!
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2021, 05:52 PM   #142
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Sarcasm?
No. I never heard of him. Apparently from your post he's common knowledge around here.
Old 13th April 2021, 06:28 PM   #143
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
Interesting. I guess they suddenly understand that free speech has limits when it's words and opinions they don't like.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2021, 07:31 PM   #144
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Dear old Gene Ray lived in a caravan in a trailer park in Florida. Not far from Randi, if I recall. He has since gone to meet his (cubic) maker.

Gene definitely did not have both oars in the water. And sometimes his website (it was only ever one giant and ever-growing page which he edited himself) showed he got abusive and angry. But no more than you see on FB these days.

Almost everyone online knew him and how we was "different". Many looked out for him, not letting him get too much flak. He used to get visitors at his caravan to make sure he was doing OK. Once he was even invited to lecture at MIT (I think).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Cube#Reception
Old 14th April 2021, 01:20 AM   #145
TheSupermeerkat
Graduate Poster

Once he was even invited to lecture at MIT (I think).
The only lecture I'm aware of it the one he gave at Georgia tech:

[youtube]uMZdNyRIATo[/youtube]

/derail
Old 14th April 2021, 01:41 AM   #146
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

LOL

I applaud his efforts to create separate but equal options for Trump supporters, traitors and morons. I've often wished for a way to segregate our by choice, intellectual and political underclass and he's taking concrete steps to make that happen. Might I suggest Epsilon as the name of this new service?
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th April 2021, 01:55 AM   #147
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
I applaud his efforts to create separate but equal options for Trump supporters, traitors and morons. I've often wished for a way to segregate our by choice, intellectual and political underclass and he's taking concrete steps to make that happen. Might I suggest Epsilon as the name of this new service?
Epsilon Minus.
Old 14th April 2021, 01:56 AM   #148
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

The only lecture I'm aware of it the one he gave at Georgia tech:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

/derail
ftfy
Old 14th April 2021, 03:08 AM   #149
TheSupermeerkat
Graduate Poster

Apparently it launches on April 20th, which is the Fuehrer's birthday. Coincidence?
Old 14th April 2021, 03:19 AM   #150
TheSupermeerkat
Graduate Poster

Some comments I have seen concerning Frank:

Quote:
I know the immense amount of computer power a social network like Facebook or Twitter requires, and I doubt this putz has spent the time or money to put even a fraction of that into it. It'll be fun watching this "free speech" network snap like a twig under even the slightest pressure.
Quote:
Free speech means conspiracy theories and misinformation about medicine during a pandemic but not bad words or anything against my religion.
Quote:
He just made Facebook's and Twitter's point. As private companies, they have a right to say what is, and what is not, allowed on their platforms
Jesus ******* Christ, Lindell is a fool!

Last edited by TheSupermeerkat; 14th April 2021 at 03:40 AM.
Old 14th April 2021, 03:22 AM   #151
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Fauci?
If only it were all so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago
Darat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th April 2021, 04:22 AM   #152
catsmate
No longer the 1

So it is only for plotting to overthrow the government then?
Like Baen's Bar....
At least while the US government is Democrat.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th April 2021, 06:28 AM   #153
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Some comments I have seen concerning Frank:

Jesus ******* Christ, Lindell is a fool!
I'm tempted to get an account and have my first post be, "The world would be a better place if Mike Lindell and Donald Trump had been abortions."
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th April 2021, 06:31 AM   #154
TheSupermeerkat
Graduate Poster

I'm tempted to get an account and have my first post be, "The world would be a better place if Mike Lindell and Donald Trump had been abortions."
My plan is to get an account with the bane of a high ranking ranking nazi leader and regularly post pro vaccine information.
Old 14th April 2021, 01:56 PM   #155
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Apparently it launches on April 20th, which is the Fuehrer's birthday. Coincidence?
Four chances in 1,462?
Old 14th April 2021, 04:22 PM   #156
gnome
Penultimate Amazing

It's because they're all a bunch of stoners, surely.

gnome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th April 2021, 08:03 PM   #157
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

My plan is to get an account with the bane of a high ranking ranking nazi leader and regularly post pro vaccine information.
I would go the other way. Post quotes from Lindell's public speeches verbatim, sans punctuation of course. Pick the stupidest ones (yes, I know that is all of them, but I mean the creme-de-la-creme of the stupid). Flood the place with it. After all, you need manure to grow the best flowers. Or something.
Old 15th April 2021, 01:07 AM   #158
TheSupermeerkat
Graduate Poster

Apparently, he's boasting he'll put twitter, amazon, YouTube and Facebook out of business. I have come across unverified reports he's using AWS as back end which, if true, is surprising.

Also, did some research on /b/ and /pol/ and they both seem to think it's a joke and are look forwards to messing with it, if it ever launches.

Last edited by TheSupermeerkat; 15th April 2021 at 01:15 AM.
Old 15th April 2021, 01:13 AM   #159
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Apparently, he's boasting he'll put twitter, amazon, YouTube and Facebook out of business. I have come across unverified reports he's using AWS as back end which, if true, is surprising.
Amazon??? While housed on AWS? Typical self destruct, I guess.
Old 15th April 2021, 02:33 AM   #160
TheSupermeerkat
Graduate Poster

More /b/ research: they appear to see the no swearing and no porn as a challenge.

I look forwards to these cretins going to war against Lindell.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories