IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags election conspiracies , Mike Lindell

Old 15th April 2021, 09:47 AM   #161
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Gord_in_Toronto View Post
Four chances in 1,462?
1461, surely?

And, I mean, if you're going to worry about leap years, you should take into account the 100 year exception, except for the 400 year exception to that, surely. But to be fair, I'm too lazy to do it.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2021, 11:05 AM   #162
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
1461, surely?

And, I mean, if you're going to worry about leap years, you should take into account the 100 year exception, except for the 400 year exception to that, surely. But to be fair, I'm too lazy to do it.
Not too worried about leap year calculations any more now that we survived the transition into this millennium.

But these things worry me:
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Old 15th April 2021, 11:51 AM   #163
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Jim_MDP View Post
He got bigger plans (and not a small helping of hubris)... a merch site to rival Amazon.
LOL

https://www.newsweek.com/mypillow-ce...amazon-1583037

Like an Evangelical Etsy maybe?
That sound you hear is Bezos collapsing on the floor laughing.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2021, 01:53 PM   #164
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
That sound you hear is Bezos collapsing on the floor laughing.
He will need some pillows!
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2021, 02:23 PM   #165
8enotto
Illuminator

If this ever flies it will be more fun to watch than Mill's Brilliant train wreck.

The trolls are lining up already en masse.
8enotto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2021, 02:31 PM   #166
TheSupermeerkat
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by 8enotto View Post
If this ever flies it will be more fun to watch than Mill's Brilliant train wreck.

I was hanging around on 4chan today - /b/ is getting rather excited.
TheSupermeerkat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2021, 03:42 PM   #167
novaphile
Quester of Doglets

Originally Posted by TheSupermeerkat View Post
My plan is to get an account with the bane of a high ranking ranking nazi leader and regularly post pro vaccine information.
Obergruppenfuhrer ?
Old 15th April 2021, 05:10 PM   #168
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by novaphile View Post

I think he means name rather than rank... if I were to pick one, it would be a toss-up between

Hermann Esser, the editor Völkischer Beobachter.

and

Julius Streicher – founder and editor of anti-semitic Nazi newspaper Der Stürmer

These are connects with media, propsaganda and the Big Lie, so its appropriate without being too obvious such as choosing Josef Goebbels as a username

If I wished to devote/waste my time stirring up the right-wing ****-wits that will inhabit that site, I would get in and register a truckload of sockpuppets right at the start, so that when I start posting opinions they don't like, and the hypocritical wankers start "censoring" me and start trying to play whackamole with my accounts, I will be able to seamlessly switch to another account and start posting immediately. Of course, multiple disposable email addresses and a VPN with a capacity for a randomized IP address will be helpful.

Its TRE45ON season... convict the F45CIST!!

Last edited by smartcooky; 15th April 2021 at 05:13 PM.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2021, 06:30 AM   #169
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Gord_in_Toronto View Post
Not too worried about leap year calculations any more now that we survived the transition into this millennium.

But these things worry me:
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Oh, I assumed that you wrote 1462 instead of 1460 because you added in the leap day but you were off by one.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2021, 09:45 AM   #170
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by novaphile View Post
Obersturmbannführer TK
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2021, 12:27 PM   #171
carlitos
"más divertido"

Rottenführer. (lower rank, funnier name)
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2021, 02:21 PM   #172
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by catsmate View Post
Obersturmbannführer...
That's the equivalent of a Lieutenant Colonel (not a Major, as Sean Connery will now explain....)

I AGREE

Last edited by smartcooky; 16th April 2021 at 02:22 PM.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2021, 03:16 PM   #173
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by 8enotto View Post

Even if the trolls weren't revving their engines, my intuition says it won't last a year. These sorts of people inevitably turn on each other. Right now they may be united in their disagreement over the 2020 election and so forth. But later they'll start to disagree on other things. Since this all rests on a conspiracy-theory foundation, they'll start explaining their subsequent disagreements in terms of imaginary conspiracies. Even without real trolls, they'll start accusing each other of being trolls, shills, or infiltrators anyway.
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2021, 03:43 PM   #174
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

I'm reserving "Schicklgruber".
Old 16th April 2021, 03:45 PM   #175
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
That's the equivalent of a Lieutenant Colonel (not a Major, as Sean Connery will now explain....)

I AGREE
I know.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2021, 04:06 PM   #176
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Amazon??? While housed on AWS? Typical self destruct, I guess.
If you are boggled you are expecting it to make sense.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2021, 04:36 PM   #177
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

I AGREE
Ok, thought the "TK" in your quote was a reference to the "Totenkopf", the 3rd SS Panzer Division of the Waffen SS, not to Tom Kratman.

Old 16th April 2021, 07:29 PM   #178
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Wonder if the MyPillow guy will support Marjorie Taylor Green's movement to restore Anglo Saxon rule to America....

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2021, 11:57 PM   #179
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Wonder if the MyPillow guy will support Marjorie Taylor Green's movement to restore Anglo Saxon rule to America....
Could be a good business move. If you sell pillows, I could see a natural partnership with people who practiced prima nocta.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th April 2021, 01:16 AM   #180
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by catsmate View Post
Ok, thought the "TK" in your quote was a reference to the "Totenkopf", the 3rd SS Panzer Division of the Waffen SS, not to Tom Kratman.

Old 17th April 2021, 02:32 AM   #181
catsmate
No longer the 1

[quote=smartcooky;13456327]Ok, thought the "TK" in your quote was a reference to the "Totenkopf", the 3rd SS Panzer Division of the Waffen SS, not to Tom Kratman.[/QUOTE
I should have been less cryptic.....
Tom Kratman (Space Marine!) was particularly vocal on the Baen Bar after the Trumpist insurrection calling for a right-wing revolution, mass murder of "liberals" and race war. And he's dabbled in Nazi revisionism and SS apologism in the past.
Old 18th April 2021, 04:12 AM   #182
TheSupermeerkat
Graduate Poster

Freedom of speech lives. Lindell has said users of his new social media platform will be allowed to criticize former President Donald Trump.

He also predicts 10 million people will sign up on the first day

Also, it launches on April 19th, not the 20th.
TheSupermeerkat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2021, 04:13 AM   #183
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Freedom of speech lives. Lindell has said users of his new social media platform will be allowed to criticize former President Donald Trump.

Betting it will crash when it gets to a couple of hundred.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2021, 04:34 AM   #184
Belz...
Fiend God

But not criticize christianity or use the f-word.

Freedom of Speech!

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2021, 04:43 AM   #185
TheSupermeerkat
Graduate Poster

Quote:
To avoid deplatforming efforts from app stores, the Frank social network is formatted as a web app and accessed by navigating to the site from a mobile browser. This means it doesn’t have to comply with Apple and Google store guidelines, but it also severely limits the app’s functionality. The Frank site gives detailed instructions for how users can set up the Frank web app as a direct icon link (similar to an installed app) on mobile devices under both Android and iOS.
Bwahahahaha!

Quote:
People are going to have more followers,” Lindell said in a March interview with Steve Bannon, “10 times more followers.”
Bwahahahaha!

This is going to be adorable!

Quotes taken from https://www.theverge.com/2021/4/14/2...ive-censorship
Old 18th April 2021, 04:46 AM   #186
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

I'll believe it when I see it

That's 115 sign-ups every second for the whole day. Do any of our IT experts here think that's possible

Could still be 20th April in Braunau am Inn!

Old 18th April 2021, 05:02 AM   #187
TheSupermeerkat
Graduate Poster

That's 115 sign-ups every second for the whole day. Do any of our IT experts here think that's possible
If he has resources comparable to Azure, AWS or Google he could easily handle that.
Old 18th April 2021, 05:10 AM   #188
Belz...
Fiend God

If he has resources comparable to Azure, AWS or Google he could easily handle that.
He doesn't.

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2021, 05:41 AM   #189
TheSupermeerkat
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
He doesn't.
Never said he did
Old 18th April 2021, 05:57 AM   #190
jadebox
Master Poster

Prediction: When it does crash, he will claim it was because of the tens of millions trying to sign on at the same time (even if it's really a few kids running scripts).
jadebox is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2021, 06:37 AM   #191
eerok
Quixoticist

I hope FrankenTalk manages to shamble out of the castle tomorrow. I'm especially bored during lockdowns lately.
Old 18th April 2021, 08:56 AM   #192
TheSupermeerkat
Graduate Poster

And the scammers have started: I found a link to a page with an Android APK for Frankspeech that can be downloaded and installed.
Old 18th April 2021, 09:02 AM   #193
Belz...
Fiend God

And the scammers have started: I found a link to a page with an Android APK for Frankspeech that can be downloaded and installed.
How do we bet that the new site was quickly put together and not particularily secure (nor free-speechy)?

Old 18th April 2021, 09:09 AM   #194
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

/sound of K-pop fans in a power dive
Old 18th April 2021, 09:36 AM   #195
TheSupermeerkat
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
How do we bet that the new site was quickly put together and not particularily secure (nor free-speechy)?
I bet bigly!
Old 18th April 2021, 10:42 AM   #196
gabeygoat
Graduate Poster

I’m guessing it’s going to be 70% users just joining for the lulz
Old 18th April 2021, 12:34 PM   #197
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by gabeygoat View Post
I’m guessing it’s going to be 70% users just joining for the lulz
The rolls are going to be insanely bloated with socks (doubting they'll sacrifice the time for solid verification). Largest percentage ever?
So he'll hit a large membership early (not wildly large I'd think) but the board content is going to be sparser than they'd like for a while.. if it survives.
Guesses on how long before the real fun begins?
I have no idea as I've never watched such a launch before. But he's such a lightning rod, it should be... explosive.

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.

Last edited by Jim_MDP; 18th April 2021 at 12:37 PM.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2021, 12:43 PM   #198
TheSupermeerkat
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Jim_MDP View Post
Guesses on how long before the real fun begins?
You mean Lindell finds the reality doesn't meet his expectations and starts to blame everyone but himself? I'd say less than a week.
Old 18th April 2021, 12:46 PM   #199
RecoveringYuppy
Penultimate Amazing

Not even hard actually, not even after allowing for reasonable peaking. But the signups won't be all of the traffic and the site is likely to experience intentional abuse.
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2021, 12:52 PM   #200
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Part of the registration process appears to be to provide "a valid phone number". Do they intend calling each number before they register an applicant? Just checking? Because they won't make it past the first hundred in a day at that rate.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories