IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags election conspiracies , Mike Lindell

Old 18th April 2021, 12:58 PM   #201
TheSupermeerkat
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Part of the registration process appears to be to provide "a valid phone number". Do they intend calling each number before they register an applicant? Just checking? Because they won't make it past the first hundred in a day at that rate.
They'll probably just text a one time security code to the phone number, but I suspect they'll find a way of messing that up. Also, I bet you anything you like the phone numbers will be sold on to advertisers
TheSupermeerkat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2021, 01:00 PM   #202
RecoveringYuppy
Penultimate Amazing

Part of the registration process appears to be to provide "a valid phone number". Do they intend calling each number before they register an applicant? Just checking? Because they won't make it past the first hundred in a day at that rate.
Of course not. They'll do the same thing every other website does with a phone number, text you a security validation code.

BTW The site is up and running already. VIPs have access. Registration of other users to get access tomorrow has ready started. Don't know if there are any reports of problems and I have not tried to sign up (and don't intend to soon).

Last edited by RecoveringYuppy; 18th April 2021 at 01:02 PM.
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2021, 01:10 PM   #203
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by RecoveringYuppy View Post
Of course not. They'll do the same thing every other website does with a phone number, text you a security validation code.
Talking clocks and millions of other applicants who don't have cell phones can't accept texts. Neither do most of the two-tooth cretins who are Pillow-twat's targets have cell phones.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2021, 01:12 PM   #204
RecoveringYuppy
Penultimate Amazing

Talking clocks and millions of other applicants who don't have cell phones can't accept texts. Neither do most of the two-tooth cretins who are Pillow-twat's targets have cell phones.
Try googling that "fact".
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2021, 01:32 PM   #205
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Try googling that "fact".
Outside of the USA, standard landline phones don't work with SMS. The phone exchanges won't even process them. Don't know what it is like inside the USA currently, but when I was there in 2015, they didn't.

And I guess the two-tooth cretins could always get a burner instead of their next meth hit.

What they are REALLY doing is number harvesting. Nothing new there. Text PILLOW to 800-123-456.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2021, 01:33 PM   #206
RecoveringYuppy
Penultimate Amazing

I suggest googling for facts.
Old 18th April 2021, 01:55 PM   #207
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Outside of the USA, standard landline phones don't work with SMS. The phone exchanges won't even process them. Don't know what it is like inside the USA currently, but when I was there in 2015, they didn't.

And I guess the two-tooth cretins could always get a burner instead of their next meth hit.

What they are REALLY doing is number harvesting. Nothing new there. Text PILLOW to 800-123-456.
You're short one digit there skippy.
And jeez... even I don't mis-stereotype my rural brethren that badly, and I'm living practically among them (physically, not politically).

As an example... Mike's desired demographic is out "rollin' coal" in their lifted diesel trucks, not mining the stuff in West Virginia. They have cell phones.

So do the coal miners for that matter.

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.

Last edited by Jim_MDP; 18th April 2021 at 01:59 PM.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2021, 04:31 PM   #208
8enotto
Illuminator

I can get a burner chip in my regular phone for less than ten bucks to set up a bad faith account like that. Then once set up give the chip to someone after burning up the credit on it.

I keep some used phones around as spares too, could use them.
8enotto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2021, 04:58 PM   #209
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Jim_MDP View Post
You're short one digit there skippy.
Deliberately. I was told that the 1-to-9 number is actually real.

Quote:
And jeez... even I don't mis-stereotype my rural brethren that badly, and I'm living practically among them (physically, not politically).
Yep, me too.

Quote:
As an example... Mike's desired demographic is out "rollin' coal" in their lifted diesel trucks, not mining the stuff in West Virginia. They have cell phones.

So do the coal miners for that matter.
They're not the ones I was referring to. And there aren't 10 million of them either.
Old 18th April 2021, 06:22 PM   #210
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Deliberately. I was told that the 1-to-9 number is actually real.

Yep, me too.

They're not the ones I was referring to. And there aren't 10 million of them either.
I can't make heads or tails out of any part of that response.

"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2021, 06:46 PM   #211
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Jim_MDP View Post
I can't make heads or tails out of any part of that response.
OK, then.

Some Yank explained to me years ago that the phone number 123-456-7890 is real. Dial it and some poor bastard answers. Then again, he could have been pulling my leg, what would I know.

I also live among rural brethren. Some of them are dim enough to not be allowed knives and forks yet for fear of self-amputation. But most of them are high-tech farmers.

You mentioned coal drivers as part of Pillow-twat's demographic. I doubt there are 10 million coal drivers in the USA.
Old 18th April 2021, 10:17 PM   #212
DevilsAdvocate
Philosopher

Some Yank explained to me years ago that the phone number 123-456-7890 is real. Dial it and some poor bastard answers. Then again, he could have been pulling my leg, what would I know.
US and Canada area codes do not begin with 0 or 1. There is no area code "123".
Old 18th April 2021, 11:00 PM   #213
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
US and Canada area codes do not begin with 0 or 1. There is no area code "123".
*makes notes*
Old 19th April 2021, 09:07 AM   #214
TheSupermeerkat
Graduate Poster

The website for Frankspeech just contains a video of Lindell ranting, possibly taken from his Absolute Proof video.
TheSupermeerkat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2021, 09:13 AM   #215
RecoveringYuppy
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by TheSupermeerkat View Post
The website for Frankspeech just contains a video of Lindell ranting, possibly taken from his Absolute Proof video.
That's different from yesterday.
Old 19th April 2021, 09:16 AM   #216
TheSupermeerkat
Graduate Poster

That's different from yesterday.
What was it yesterday?
Old 19th April 2021, 09:20 AM   #217
RecoveringYuppy
Penultimate Amazing

ETA: Yesterday I assumed CT was a time zone. Maybe not.

Last edited by RecoveringYuppy; 19th April 2021 at 09:21 AM.
Old 19th April 2021, 09:47 AM   #218
gnome
Penultimate Amazing

Conservative Time?

gnome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2021, 09:50 AM   #219
RecoveringYuppy
Penultimate Amazing

Conspiracy Theory.
Old 19th April 2021, 09:52 AM   #220
RecoveringYuppy
Penultimate Amazing

Apparently things aren't going so well:

https://www.dailydot.com/debug/my-pi...unch-disaster/
Old 19th April 2021, 09:58 AM   #221
TurkeysGhost
Penultimate Amazing

The only thing saving these goons from the next honeypot is that none of these cranks have the competence to pull off a large social media platform.
Old 19th April 2021, 10:12 AM   #222
TheSupermeerkat
Graduate Poster

Quote:

Frank Speech is being attacked by “every country.”
Oh noes!
Old 19th April 2021, 10:14 AM   #223
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

How long until, "So many people thought our site was needed that the demand overwhelmed our servers?"
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2021, 10:16 AM   #224
Spektator
Watching . . . always watching.

It will be up and running . . . in two weeks. Just in time for the reveal of the Republican health-care plan, the completion party for the border wall, and the return to Kansas of the Wizard of Oz.
Spektator is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2021, 10:18 AM   #225
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

...and possibly also the voluntary release of Donald Trump's taxes.
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2021, 10:45 AM   #226
RecoveringYuppy
Penultimate Amazing

... and his case before the Supreme Court.
Old 19th April 2021, 11:07 AM   #227
8enotto
Illuminator

Without Frank"s Peach where could I read about the glory of the gratingest president ever?

My life is ruined....
8enotto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2021, 11:47 AM   #228
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

What do you mean by not going well? From that very link: Frank Speech is entirely comprised of a white void with a small embedded video.

Seems perfect to me.
Old 19th April 2021, 11:56 AM   #229
TheSupermeerkat
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Gord_in_Toronto View Post
What do you mean by not going well? From that very link: Frank Speech is entirely comprised of a white void with a small embedded video.

Seems perfect to me.
The embedded video look like the sort of thing someone might put out on YouTube before they put both barrels in their mouth.
Old 19th April 2021, 12:14 PM   #230
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

"https://www.dailydot.com/debug/my-pi...unch-disaster/
"He claims that the site isn’t working because it’s under attack. And not just any attack, “the biggest attack ever.”

“You’re not going to be able to sign in,” Lindell said. “…It’s the biggest attack ever.”

He said that Frank Speech is being attacked by “every country.” Lindell made the same claim on his verified Telegram.

“FrankSpeech.com is having a massive attack against it currently. We are working to get it up ASAP! Thank you for your patience,” he said."

Lindell is a ******* liar. When a site is under attack, high-resource functions such as loading images and playing video are among the first things to crash. Even a moderate level of attack would impact that video - and it seems to play perfectly fine.

Someone in this thread predicted he would claim an attack if his site didn't work.

Its TRE45ON season... convict the F45CIST!!
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2021, 12:26 PM   #231
eerok
Quixoticist

Give MyPillock a break. He's busy with other important matters.

MyPillow Files $1.6 Billion Lawsuit Accusing Dominion of Violating the Company’s First Amendment Rights. Lawyers Say the Suit Is ‘Super-Frivolous.’ [lawandcrime.com]
Quote:
MyPillow, the company headed by Donald Trump supporter Mike Lindell, filed a lawsuit on Monday against Dominion Voting Systems, accusing the election software and voting machine company of somehow depriving MyPillow of its First Amendment right to free speech. Attorneys were quick to call the suit “frivolous” and possibly sanctionable.
Guess who found his old crack pipe.
Old 19th April 2021, 12:27 PM   #232
carlitos
"más divertido"

The live video feed is now being prank-called. Here's one where Mr. Lindell puts the mike up to his phone while an idiot who claimed to be Donald Trump is plugging a website.
https://twitter.com/ZTPetrizzo/statu...95329193504768
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2021, 12:33 PM   #233
TheSupermeerkat
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
The live video feed is now being prank-called. Here's one where Mr. Lindell puts the mike up to his phone while an idiot who claimed to be Donald Trump is plugging a website.
That is hilarious! I really did a big LOL. Lindell is a performance artist, he's got to be!
Old 19th April 2021, 12:55 PM   #234
Belz...
Fiend God

"That was an attack"

Calling people is an attack.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2021, 12:55 PM   #235
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by eerok View Post
Give MyPillock a break. He's busy with other important matters.

MyPillow Files $1.6 Billion Lawsuit Accusing Dominion of Violating the Company’s First Amendment Rights. Lawyers Say the Suit Is ‘Super-Frivolous.’ [lawandcrime.com]

Guess who found his old crack pipe.
This suit is going to thrown out of court so fast it will might break the rule that nothing can be faster then the speed of light.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2021, 01:01 PM   #236
eerok
Quixoticist

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
This suit is going to thrown out of court so fast it will might break the rule that nothing can be faster then the speed of light.
It should be. It's fascinating just watching him burn himself down.
Old 19th April 2021, 01:09 PM   #237
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

The Frank's Peach site is working perfectly; there are no attacks. It is 100% First Amendment abiding free speech...for Lindell. That's all he ever wanted - somewhere he could pour out his insane drivel without pesky journalists interrupting him or walking out on him or having him cut off mid rant. The rest of you really don't count.

Last edited by Norman Alexander; 19th April 2021 at 01:10 PM.
Old 19th April 2021, 01:34 PM   #238
gregthehammer
Muse

Is it just me, or does he look like WWE manager Paul Bearer (RIP) in that feed?
gregthehammer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2021, 03:21 PM   #239
gabeygoat
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Spektator View Post
It will be up and running . . . in two weeks. Just in time for the reveal of the Republican health-care plan, the completion party for the border wall, and the return to Kansas of the Wizard of Oz.
Bengahzi. Um, her emails. Making sangria from the Kodachrome juices of children?
Old 19th April 2021, 03:42 PM   #240
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

OK, then.

I also live among rural brethren. Some of them are dim enough to not be allowed knives and forks yet for fear of self-amputation. But most of them are high-tech farmers.

You mentioned coal drivers as part of Pillow-twat's demographic. I doubt there are 10 million coal drivers in the USA.
We need Lily Tomlin back on the exchange because you've got some wires crossed.
I don't read minds, so if you write (800) 123-456, I don't jump to thinking you meant (123) 456-7890 (not real, btw).
And I was pretty clear Mike doesn't care about the ~20,000 coal miners and their families. He wants numbers, eyeballs for the ad revenue. He wants those high tech farmers and the tens and tens of millions of modern rural and suburban conservatives, many of whom listen to new country on their Sirius/XM sat radios and argue over iPhone vs. Android just like the rest of the world. They won't be tripped up trying to receive an SMS. You reversed that.
And he doesn't care how safe they aren't with the cutlery.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories