IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags election conspiracies , Mike Lindell

Old 26th April 2021, 11:01 AM   #321
TurkeysGhost
Penultimate Amazing

If they never get this site up, then we never get to see the data dump from when the security is inevitably breached by online activists looking to name and shame these creeps.

That's a shame.
Old 26th April 2021, 04:42 PM   #322
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
There is a fairly brutal article on Salon where they interview coders knowledgeable about the specific platform used on the site. Headline - doomed to fail, not even student-quality work.

https://www.salon.com/2021/04/23/cod...oomed-to-fail/
Indeed

"The second major red flag another Drupal expert found was that Lindell's site was spitting out coded error messages to users, which leaves the platform vulnerable to attacks. "This is a **** show," the expert said, calling this an "obvious" issue that coders learn how to prevent in "Drupal 101."

What the actual ****? Displaying coding error messages in the clear!!?

Bwhahahaha!

"Other "grandmasters" poked fun at the developers' mistakes, which were described as "extremely obvious" and juvenile in nature. One expert concluded that, based on the evidence, Lindell's developer team was inexperienced and lacked basic knowledge, and described the output of the pillow magnate's alleged 10-person staff as "not even student work.""

Looks like the Grand Master of Useless Pillows used a bunch of script kiddies for his work.

Its TRE45ON season... convict the F45CIST!!

Last edited by smartcooky; 26th April 2021 at 05:09 PM.
smartcooky is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2021, 04:51 PM   #323
RecoveringYuppy
Penultimate Amazing

If they ever figure out how to open up an edit box on that site I bet someone will find injection exploits.
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2021, 04:59 PM   #324
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Looks like the Grand Master of Useless Pillows used a bunch of script kiddies for his work.
That's an unforseen effect of the right-wing creation of the post-fact bubble: when expertise and knowledge are a bad thing, it's hard to find people who know what they're doing.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2021, 05:09 PM   #325
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by RecoveringYuppy View Post
If they ever figure out how to open up an edit box on that site I bet someone will find injection exploits.
If a bookie would give me odds on that, I'd be prepared to put money on it (and I don't gamble).

smartcooky is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2021, 05:31 PM   #326
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Indeed

"The second major red flag another Drupal expert found was that Lindell's site was spitting out coded error messages to users, which leaves the platform vulnerable to attacks. "This is a **** show," the expert said, calling this an "obvious" issue that coders learn how to prevent in "Drupal 101."

What the actual ****? Displaying coding error messages in the clear!!?

Bwhahahaha!

"Other "grandmasters" poked fun at the developers' mistakes, which were described as "extremely obvious" and juvenile in nature. One expert concluded that, based on the evidence, Lindell's developer team was inexperienced and lacked basic knowledge, and described the output of the pillow magnate's alleged 10-person staff as "not even student work.""

Saw that over the weekend.
Having found myself allergic to coding several times starting, hmmm, 42 years ago ( ) I didn't read it for comprehension.
I did appreciate it though.
Is there any chance ol' Mike will get the critique and accept some responsibility?
Jeez... who am I kidding.

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2021, 06:47 PM   #327
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Time to turn his little Sunday school project into a real science experiment.

What can be done with a wide-open website with no controls? Suggestions welcome!

I'll start: Get it to run a couple dozen Folding@Home loads.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015

Last edited by Norman Alexander; 26th April 2021 at 06:48 PM.
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2021, 07:27 PM   #328
8enotto
Illuminator

A question for the experts:

Has he already left an open door somewhere for his fans to get something nasty in there?
8enotto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2021, 11:53 PM   #329
TheSupermeerkat
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by 8enotto View Post
A question for the experts:

Has he already left an open door somewhere for his fans to get something nasty in there?
Programmer of 30 years here. In all honesty we don't know, but in all probability it is likely that there are.

All one needs to do is Google Drupal Exploits to get a sense of what's out there, and there is a lot of harmful code, utilities, exploits etc. I am surprised that something hasn't happened already that we know about. Although, it may have already happened and that's why we're seeing the technical difficulties
TheSupermeerkat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th April 2021, 12:53 AM   #330
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Well I for one am shocked that you can’t simply download a “social media website add on” that rivals Messenger, WhatsApp, Twitter, TikTok, Instagram, Snapchat and so on. Why not?!?!?! I bet it’s another example of liberal bias and censorship, after all it is only people messaging each other!
If only it were all so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago
Darat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th April 2021, 01:34 AM   #331
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Vale Daniel Kaminsky, Internet Security Savior

While we're on the subject of coding and hacking, I was very sad to read this

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/27/t...nsky-dead.html

Daniel got his first computer at the age of three, and was coding by the time he was five!! He was a legend in the hacking community, a true kind-hearted soul whose extraordinary skills could so easily have been turned to a darker purpose, but for the fact that he said that "doing so would have been morally wrong, and that he did not want his mother to have to visit him in prison"

A huge loss to the cyber-security world at just 42.

Old 27th April 2021, 01:36 AM   #332
catsmate
No longer the 1

There is a fairly brutal article on Salon where they interview coders knowledgeable about the specific platform used on the site. Headline - doomed to fail, not even student-quality work.

I'm sure someone skimmed plenty from the rightist idiots.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th April 2021, 04:48 AM   #333
gnome
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Time to turn his little Sunday school project into a real science experiment.

What can be done with a wide-open website with no controls? Suggestions welcome!

I'll start: Get it to run a couple dozen Folding@Home loads.
Better yet--Climate modeling BOINC processes.

gnome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th April 2021, 04:48 AM   #334
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

I got a bit mixed up here and wondered why someone was talking about the Post Office's accounting software in the wrong thread.

Dave

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th April 2021, 07:48 AM   #335
Armitage72
Philosopher

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
It's going to be like the Hulk ragdolling Loki...

Especially now that Lindell's so-called documentary "Absolute Proof" won the Razzie for Worst Picture and Lindell's role in the film got him the Razzie for Worst Actor.
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th April 2021, 10:23 AM   #336
8enotto
Illuminator

Are you kidding? The guy is going to be bragging his docu already won two awards on top of being so true.
8enotto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2021, 09:04 AM   #337
carlitos
"más divertido"

Now 400M in 4 dash days. I sometimes use "M" to mean thousand and "MM" to mean million; I wonder if that's what they are doing here?

Quote:
Thank you for being a part of Frank! With over 400M stream requests in just 4-days, FrankSpeech so far has been an epic success! Right now we're working on new features - keep checking back. In the meantime, help save our country and share Absolute Interference Everywhere!
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2021, 09:09 AM   #338
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Now 400M in 4 dash days. I sometimes use "M" to mean thousand and "MM" to mean million; I wonder if that's what they are doing here?
Instead of focusing on how many dash days it has been maybe you could focus on saving our country by sharing Absolute Interference Everywhere! with at least 4M of your friends, however you choose to define "M" or "friends". Maybe "former friends" would work better in this context.

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2021, 10:33 AM   #339
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by 8enotto View Post
Are you kidding? The guy is going to be bragging his docu already won two awards on top of being so true.
He's scheduled to appear on Jimmy Kimmel either tonight or tomorrow night. This has drawn criticism for the obvious reason that a lot of ordinary people watch Kimmel and they're afraid it's just going to be a bigger and more mainstream platform for him to spew lies and misinformation from. In any case I'm sure he'll be pushing the site.
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2021, 10:47 AM   #340
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by JayUtah View Post
He's scheduled to appear on Jimmy Kimmel either tonight or tomorrow night. This has drawn criticism for the obvious reason that a lot of ordinary people watch Kimmel and they're afraid it's just going to be a bigger and more mainstream platform for him to spew lies and misinformation from. In any case I'm sure he'll be pushing the site.
I'm sure Kimmel will make his ideas look less than believable, assuming his audience wouldn't pick up on it immediately.

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2021, 02:07 PM   #341
Carlotta
Graduate Poster

Jimmy should have Guillermo do the interview. He could just sit there and giggle. Works for me!
Carlotta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2021, 02:41 PM   #342
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
Thank you for being a part of Frank! With over 400M stream requests in just 4-days, FrankSpeech so far has been an epic success! Right now we're working on new features - keep checking back. In the meantime, help save our country and share Absolute Interference Everywhere!
What they are doing is lying through their horrible mustache, as usual.

Their 400M number implies the equivalent of every able-bodied adult in the US downloaded the video at least twice each. In four days. IOW absolute horse-****.

As far as I could find while it was still staggering along, there was nowhere on that site to actually "stream" his insane propaganda vid* from there. I think there may have been a link to something on Youtube but wasn't sure. Because for me the site crashed again at about that point. And a good thing too.

I can't see the point of Kimmel interviewing Lindell. Kimmel will make an absolute ass of him because he will be so busy shouting bilious inanities without taking a breath that he won't even know he is being set up. It must surely be for the lulz only.

* I have since seen some mercifully short extracts of Lindell's efforts to win an Oscar, and yes, it's as manically insane as you would expect.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2021, 03:58 PM   #343
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
What they are doing is lying through their horrible mustache, as usual.

Their 400M number implies the equivalent of every able-bodied adult in the US downloaded the video at least twice each. In four days. IOW absolute horse-****.

As far as I could find while it was still staggering along, there was nowhere on that site to actually "stream" his insane propaganda vid* from there. I think there may have been a link to something on Youtube but wasn't sure. Because for me the site crashed again at about that point. And a good thing too.

I can't see the point of Kimmel interviewing Lindell. Kimmel will make an absolute ass of him because he will be so busy shouting bilious inanities without taking a breath that he won't even know he is being set up. It must surely be for the lulz only.

* I have since seen some mercifully short extracts of Lindell's efforts to win an Oscar, and yes, it's as manically insane as you would expect.
I think allowing Lindell to make a complete ass of himself is the whole point.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2021, 04:53 PM   #344
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

If it's soon and the site is still borked, Kimmel should try to load it live during the taping.
"Well Mike, we thought we'd help you let people know what FrankSpeech has for the folks... we've got a laptop right here...".

"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2021, 05:16 PM   #345
TheSupermeerkat
Graduate Poster

The site is down again. A static landing page asks people to text to Frank to receive an alert for when live broadcasts of Lindell ranting begin again.

After several days of exploring 4chan, the general consensus appears to be that Lindell is a fool and the site is to harvest user data to pay off his debts. They don't consider the site to be worth their attention, even to prank it.

Last edited by TheSupermeerkat; 28th April 2021 at 05:18 PM.
TheSupermeerkat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2021, 11:42 PM   #346
dann
Penultimate Amazing

Jimmy Kimmel’s Interview with Mike Lindell
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2021, 12:27 AM   #347
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dann View Post
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
So Lindell was a crackhead, and admits he suffers from paranoia... well that certainly explains a LOT!!

Last edited by smartcooky; 29th April 2021 at 12:30 AM.
Old 29th April 2021, 12:41 AM   #348
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

When right-wingers are in command, all they ask of their workers is their complete loyalty. As long as they have that, for all they cared, they could sit around all day drinking beer in their underpants.
Old 29th April 2021, 01:07 AM   #349
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

So Lindell was a crackhead, and admits he suffers from paranoia... well that certainly explains a LOT!!
Is that “genuine” paranoia i.e. medically diagnosed?

If so then the folk who are enabling his behaviour should be taken to task.
If only it were all so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago
Darat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2021, 01:43 AM   #350
DevilsAdvocate
Philosopher

Originally Posted by dann View Post
I AGREE
That guy has some rather obvious serious psychological problems.
Old 29th April 2021, 01:56 AM   #351
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
When right-wingers are in command, all they ask of their workers is their complete loyalty. As long as they have that, for all they cared, they could sit around all day drinking beer in their underpants.
Well this Lindell guy looks like a serious candidate for wearing his underpants on his head, and having two pencils stuck up his nose!

I AGREE

Old 29th April 2021, 03:10 AM   #352
Belz...
Fiend God

Yeah but it's definitely not influencing his actions right now. He's clean now!

Old 29th April 2021, 03:41 AM   #353
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
Yeah but it's definitely not influencing his actions right now. He's clean now!
He might very well think that, but you and I both know that it isn't how these things work.

Old 29th April 2021, 04:14 AM   #354
Belz...
Fiend God

He might very well think that, but you and I both know that it isn't how these things work.
Sarcasm didn't get through?

Old 29th April 2021, 04:28 AM   #355
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
Sarcasm didn't get through?
Yeah, it did.... I was just sayin'

Old 29th April 2021, 04:38 AM   #356
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by gnome View Post
Better yet--Climate modeling BOINC processes.
I heard a rumour that it'd already been used for mining Dunning–Krugerrands...

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
I got a bit mixed up here and wondered why someone was talking about the Post Office's accounting software in the wrong thread.

Dave
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2021, 07:42 PM   #357
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

I started to watch the interview but it was a bit too much like when a mentally ill person starts talking to you on the Metro. It's really uncomfortable; you can't move and just want the episode to end.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2021, 08:54 PM   #358
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
I started to watch the interview but it was a bit too much like when a mentally ill person starts talking to you on the Metro. It's really uncomfortable; you can't move and just want the episode to end.
Same here. I read before hand he behaved himself, but I could only take 5-6 minutes of it, even so.

Old 30th April 2021, 01:44 AM   #359
TheSupermeerkat
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Jim_MDP View Post
Same here. I read before hand he behaved himself, but I could only take 5-6 minutes of it, even so.
He behaved himself? I shudder to think what he'd be doing if he didn't.
Old 30th April 2021, 05:48 AM   #360
eerok
Quixoticist

I watched the clip of Lindell on Kimmel, and I thought Lindell seemed manically overcheerful. He laughed at all the mockery and insults. I don't think he can laugh his way out of the consequences that are coming his way, but I'm pretty sure he's going to try.

The suits against him are by no means slam-dunks, though. Defamation is a hard sell in America.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories