IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Deep State conspiracies , QAnon

Old 21st January 2022, 09:47 PM   #361
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

Originally Posted by eerok View Post
Sorry, but your blatant respect for reality makes you quite unfit to grasp Q fantasies. I've seen them claim that Trump is Jesus, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them claim that Trump is King Tut.

When BS is king, the possibilities are limitless.
This link feels like it might be of some relevance, incidentally.

We Found the One Group of Americans Who Are Most Likely to Spread Fake News

One subset of conservatives expressed the greatest tendency to promote false news stories. Here’s what it means for the fight against misinformation.

Quote:
We found that low-conscientiousness liberals, high-conscientiousness liberals and high-conscientiousness conservatives each expressed willingness to share fake news articles to a similar — relatively small — degree. LCCs stood out: On average, they were 2.5 times more likely to share misinformation than the combined averages of the other three groups. In other words, it was the combination of conservatism and low conscientiousness that resulted in the greatest likelihood to share misinformation.

We also wanted to understand what, exactly, drives LCCs to spread misinformation. So, in one of the studies, we asked participants to report their leanings on a range of potential influences: level of support for Trump, time spent on social media, distrust of the mainstream media, and endorsement of conservative social and economic values. To our surprise, none of these factors was a reliable predictor of LCCs’ elevated tendency to share false news stories.

Instead, using statistical analysis, we found that the only reliable explanation was a general desire for chaos — that is, a motivation to disregard, disrupt, and take down existing social and political institutions as a means of asserting the dominance and superiority of one’s own group. Participants indicated their appetite for chaos by using a scale to express how much they agreed with statements like, “I think society should be burned to the ground.” For LCCs, we concluded, sharing false information is a vehicle for propagating chaos.
Shocking, I know. One important thing that's missing from the link, though, is numbers/ratios for how many LCCs there are compared to HCCs.

Last edited by Aridas; 21st January 2022 at 09:51 PM.
Aridas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2022, 06:21 AM   #362
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by MarkCorrigan View Post
JFK would be 103 even if he hadn't been fatally shot by Oswald.

How detached from reality do you have to be to think he would still be alive and spry enough to do what they've claimed? I know Trump isn't exactly in peak fitness, but he doesn't seem to be over 100.
Innocent mistake, or being witty (well played) ?

They reference plane crash victim JFK Junior.
And he'd be... checks teh giggler... almost a year older than I, 61.

Christ... I flew bitty planes, I can edit magazine text... If my pops had been POTUS... could I have killed myself in my plane too?

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2022, 06:28 AM   #363
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Jim_MDP View Post
Innocent mistake, or being witty (well played) ?

They reference plane crash victim JFK Junior.
And he'd be... checks teh giggler... almost a year older than I, 61.

Christ... I flew bitty planes, I can edit magazine text... If my pops had been POTUS... could I have killed myself in my plane too?
Well, no. The Q claim was that junior and his dad would be turning up. It is one of the more odd things the Qult came up with.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2022, 06:36 AM   #364
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Aridas View Post
This link feels like it might be of some relevance, incidentally.

We Found the One Group of Americans Who Are Most Likely to Spread Fake News

One subset of conservatives expressed the greatest tendency to promote false news stories. Here’s what it means for the fight against misinformation.

Shocking, I know. One important thing that's missing from the link, though, is numbers/ratios for how many LCCs there are compared to HCCs.
Good question.
I don't think the LCCs are as numerous as many here feel... they're just loud as ****.

But the LC itself makes me think of trolls, plentiful in the fringes of both ends of the political spectrum. But the desire for chaos feels more the domain of the hard right/alt right and conservative libertarians. IMO.

"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2022, 06:37 AM   #365
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Well, no. The Q claim was that junior and his dad would be turning up. It is one of the more odd things the Qult came up with.
Dad too? Okay, I've missed seeing that part.

Old 22nd January 2022, 06:42 AM   #366
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Dad too? Okay, I've missed seeing that part.
Oh I had to read that twice then thrice. Why do you think this kettle of crazy is associated with Dealey Plazza?

abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2022, 07:09 AM   #367
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

So his 105 year old dad has been in hiding for the last 58 years?
Counterbalance in the little town of Ridgeview, Ohio. Two people permanently enslaved by the tyranny of fear and superstitution, facing the future with a kind of helpless dread. Two others facing the future with confidence - having escaped one of the darker places of the Twilight Zone.
Foster Zygote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2022, 08:14 AM   #368
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Foster Zygote View Post
So his 105 year old dad has been in hiding for the last 58 years?
Yup. My impression is that they expect him to appear looking as he was in 1963, but figuring out what loons really believe is never an easy task.
Let me see if I can keep it straight. I think I got this from reddit, but it is nonsense to me, so I don't care.

The aim is to place JFK Jr. in the Whitehouse. To prep for that it is critical to put Trump in the Whitehouse to prepare the ground as it were. Trump will then usher in JFK Jr. to the presidency, which will then be endorsed by JFK Sr. returning from the dead, causing everyone to simply accept it. No election required.

As you can imagine, there are quite a few variations on this theme among the Qnuts. Schisms, if you will.

Ask yourself this. Is it not interesting that Bubba has abandoned this thread once it became clear the nuttery the Qnuts were carrying on with could no longer be viably defended in any way? (not that it ever could)

Old 22nd January 2022, 08:29 AM   #369
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

Ask yourself this. Is it not interesting that Bubba has abandoned this thread once it became clear the nuttery the Qnuts were carrying on with could no longer be viably defended in any way? (not that it ever could)
The alternative would be [GASP!] admitting he was wrong.
Counterbalance in the little town of Ridgeview, Ohio. Two people permanently enslaved by the tyranny of fear and superstitution, facing the future with a kind of helpless dread. Two others facing the future with confidence - having escaped one of the darker places of the Twilight Zone.
Foster Zygote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2022, 09:00 AM   #370
eerok
Quixoticist

deleted, not really on topic
Old 22nd January 2022, 09:17 AM   #371
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
Kennedy would have worn a tie. And probably a hat.

Not "Hatless Jack"....
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.

Last edited by catsmate; 22nd January 2022 at 09:19 AM.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2022, 10:15 AM   #372
TheGoldcountry
Philosopher

Originally Posted by turingtest View Post
Only a CTist would think that somebody being shorter than they expected is evidence that he's not who he claimed to be instead of just that he's been lying about how tall he was.
It's confirmation bias at the next level: when their pre-conceived ideas aren't supported, that's just further evidence that people are lying to them.

They're playing Nth dimensional Parcheesi, remember.
Old 22nd January 2022, 10:18 AM   #373
Hans
Philosopher

Yup. My impression is that they expect him to appear looking as he was in 1963, but figuring out what loons really believe is never an easy task.
Let me see if I can keep it straight. I think I got this from reddit, but it is nonsense to me, so I don't care.

The aim is to place JFK Jr. in the Whitehouse. To prep for that it is critical to put Trump in the Whitehouse to prepare the ground as it were. Trump will then usher in JFK Jr. to the presidency, which will then be endorsed by JFK Sr. returning from the dead, causing everyone to simply accept it. No election required.

As you can imagine, there are quite a few variations on this theme among the Qnuts. Schisms, if you will.

That is I must say some SERIOUS NUTTERY
..and Bubba didn't want to be part of this forever? How sad.
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2022, 12:55 AM   #374
gnome
Penultimate Amazing

Oh I'm sure sooner or later we'll hear that it was all foolery designed to throw people off, or something. Everything's a joke unless it isn't, and then is a joke again if it doesn't work.

gnome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2022, 01:20 AM   #375
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

Good question.
I don't think the LCCs are as numerous as many here feel... they're just loud as ****.

But the LC itself makes me think of trolls, plentiful in the fringes of both ends of the political spectrum. But the desire for chaos feels more the domain of the hard right/alt right and conservative libertarians. IMO.
To revisit this for a moment, there's also a question of how effective the LCCs are when it comes to sowing chaos and disinformation. Not sharing fake news online is not the same as not being affected by it. If a notable chunk of said HCCs have their decision-making affected by the fake news, that's a serious problem, even if they aren't amplifying the fake news online.
Old 26th January 2022, 05:22 PM   #376
eerok
Quixoticist

I thought that these guys went home a while ago, but apparently not.

After 3 months, Qanon followers are still waiting for JFK and JFK Jr to resurrect at Dealey Plaza in Dallas. Here they're playing a Michael Jackson song because they think Michael Jackson is still alive and secretly part of Trump's team behind JFK's resurrection. (reddit.com)

This is some next level cult nuttery.
Old 26th January 2022, 10:19 PM   #377
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Gives new meaning to the term credule. Or maybe it's just the same meaning after all.

WS
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th January 2022, 04:41 AM   #378
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!

Most people put a puzzle together by establishing the outside frame pieces and working your way in, piece by piece, until the image is complete.
I have to wonder how these nitwits decide what constitutes a new piece that they need to find a way to jam into their unframed and ever expanding puzzle of Quazy.

Last edited by Mike!; 27th January 2022 at 04:42 AM.
Mike! is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th January 2022, 12:25 PM   #379
Axxman300
Philosopher

This is what kills me...

JFK was the opposite of everything Trump is, both as a human being, and a President. The only thing they share was a tendency to cheat on their wives.

How anyone at any level of sanity can think JFK and or his son would back Trump is nauseatingly stupid.
Old 27th January 2022, 12:51 PM   #380
TurkeysGhost
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
This is what kills me...

JFK was the opposite of everything Trump is, both as a human being, and a President. The only thing they share was a tendency to cheat on their wives.

How anyone at any level of sanity can think JFK and or his son would back Trump is nauseatingly stupid.
Well, spending a lifetime in the core of the earth fighting deep state reptillians is bound to have an impact on a person's outlook.
Old 27th January 2022, 03:00 PM   #381
ZiprHead
Graduate Poster

"Elvis is not dead, he just went home."

IIDB is back, baby!
ZiprHead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th January 2022, 03:26 PM   #382
Axxman300
Philosopher

Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
Well, spending a lifetime in the core of the earth fighting deep state reptillians is bound to have an impact on a person's outlook.
Good thing he stashed PT-109 on that island and then reported it was sunk. Reptilians are no match for a fast torpedo boat.
Old 28th January 2022, 10:52 AM   #383
Hans
Philosopher

Good thing he stashed PT-109 on that island and then reported it was sunk. Reptilians are no match for a fast torpedo boat.
Lieutenant Commander Kohei Hanami was obviously one of the deadly Sea Serpent Reptilians.
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st February 2022, 04:20 AM   #384
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

It is, but we mustn't fall for the temptation to turn QAnon into "Blues Brothers Nazis", silly characters committing wacky antics. Most of QAnon is not in Dallas waiting for JFK to appear.
Checkmite is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st February 2022, 11:06 AM   #385
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Checkmite View Post
Most of QAnon is not in Dallas waiting for JFK to appear.
I haven't kept up with this stupid CT. What are they waiting for.

WS
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st February 2022, 12:20 PM   #386
Axxman300
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
JFK and JFK Jr will come out of hiding to overthrow the 2020 election, and re-establish the Trump White House.

I'm not kidding.
Old 1st February 2022, 12:52 PM   #387
eerok
Quixoticist

It is, but we mustn't fall for the temptation to turn QAnon into "Blues Brothers Nazis", silly characters committing wacky antics. Most of QAnon is not in Dallas waiting for JFK to appear.
That's true. "QAnon" has become an umbrella term for a whole constellation of beliefs, the common feature being that they are all tragically wrong. Some are more silly and some are more dangerous, though.
Old 1st February 2022, 01:00 PM   #388
Axxman300
Philosopher

That's true. "QAnon" has become an umbrella term for a whole constellation of beliefs, the common feature being that they are all tragically wrong. Some are more silly and some are more dangerous, though.
They are all dangerous. It stopped being funny when that fool stormed that pizza parlor to free the children in the non-existent basement.

This past Saturday night the late-night Woo talk show had guest who worked for a well-funded public relations firm that was committed to spreading disinformation about the Podesta emails, or as he called it, the TRUTH about the Podesta emails. Retired General Flynn is also running a PR firm to spread his version of the truth.

We laugh at the kooks who end up in Dealey Plaza in Dallas when we really need to keep an eye on the money behind these crazy theories. A lot of those kooks are armed.
Old 1st February 2022, 01:51 PM   #389
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

JFK and JFK Jr will come out of hiding to overthrow the 2020 election, and re-establish the Trump White House.

I'm not kidding.
Yeah I've seen that. It was more of a rhetorical question in response to Checkmite's post

Quote:
Most of QAnon is not in Dallas waiting for JFK to appear.
One answer at to what they are waiting for is a clue.

WS
Old 1st February 2022, 03:44 PM   #390
Checkmite

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Oh, the ones in Dallas are waiting for the JFK stuff to happen.

I'm just saying, it's a small minority of Q's that are that disconnected with reality. Most of the rest, while still believing (or professing to believe) some level of the nonsense or another, retain enough of a connection to reality to make them dangerous - and not just in a "grab a gun and shoot the imaginary satanists" way, but also in a "there's two of them serving in Congress right now" way.
Checkmite is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th February 2022, 01:55 PM   #391
Checkmite

Another Q murder. This time the Q echo chamber has reinforced to a person who on the surface might seem to be a dangerously paranoid schizophrenic, that his delusions are grounded in reality, leading him to kill his wife for being a secret CIA-employed child-kidnapper.

Or maybe he wasn't schizophrenic at all; maybe he was just a credulous person who might have never gone further than believing that UFOs are aliens until he was sucked in by QAnon and was drawn into an increasingly violent induced fascist delusion.
Old 13th February 2022, 05:26 AM   #392
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
Another Q murder. This time the Q echo chamber has reinforced to a person who on the surface might seem to be a dangerously paranoid schizophrenic, that his delusions are grounded in reality, leading him to kill his wife for being a secret CIA-employed child-kidnapper.

Or maybe he wasn't schizophrenic at all; maybe he was just a credulous person who might have never gone further than believing that UFOs are aliens until he was sucked in by QAnon and was drawn into an increasingly violent induced fascist delusion.
Sounds like his cheese and cracker parted company some time ago.
Old 14th February 2022, 06:58 PM   #393
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Stupid ******* Q-nuts play Comet Ping-Pong at National Butterfly Center.

Quote:
A Texas butterfly sanctuary that sued to block border wall construction has been forced to close due to escalating threats from conspiracy theorists.

The National Butterfly Center sits on the Rio Grande river on the US-Mexico border. It was a vocal opponent of Donald Trump's promised border barrier.

QAnon believers and groups supporting Mr Trump have baselessly claimed the centre is smuggling migrants.

The centre said it was closing for "the safety of our staff and visitors".

The centre will be closed until further notice, Jeffrey Glassberg, president of the North American Butterfly Association, which runs the organisation, said.

His statement cited "disruption caused by false and defamatory attacks directed by political operatives . . .

It became an enemy of the former US president's supporters in 2017 when it filed a lawsuit to block construction of the wall on its property. It argued that the barrier would cut two-thirds off the 100-acre nature preserve, "effectively destroying it" . . .

The move comes after an emergency three-day closure over the weekend, sparked by a nearby rally over border security called We Stand America.

One week before the rally, two women showed up demanding to "see the rafts with the illegal crossing", the centre said in a statement last week.

They said that one person struck National Butterfly Centre executive director Marianna Trevino Wright and nearly ran over her son with their vehicle.

The person, who they identify as a political candidate in Virginia, can be heard claiming that the centre permits child rape, according to audio of the encounter provided to reporters.

The decision to close was made after a local Republican official warned her that the weekend event would feature a motor convoy, known as a "Trump train", that would probably stop at the centre.
Moronic credules gulled by the dangerously stupid media they consume.

WS
Old 22nd February 2022, 04:01 PM   #394
eerok
Quixoticist

Geez, I almost missed noticing this most important day when all the Q comes true...

Is there a Q habbening 2/22/22 or is this just evangelical rambling? (reddit.com)
Old 24th February 2022, 12:40 AM   #395
mgidm86
Philosopher

Dude, JFK would be over 100 years old by now. What's he gonna do, crap his Depends and stink us all into submission?
Old 24th February 2022, 12:16 PM   #396
eerok
Quixoticist

Just an example of idiotic QAnon fantasies as Russia invades Ukraine.

QAnon Followers Celebrate Putin's 'Purge' of Ukraine (newsweek.com)
Quote:
John Sabal, who recently used the moniker QAnon John, told his more than 80,000 Telegram followers: "I don't see this 'invasion' of Ukraine as a 'bad' thing. I see it as a clearing out of a very corrupt center of operations for the Cabal.

"There is a reason that Putin said 'special military operation and not 'war'…because it is not a war. It's a proper and necessary deep cleaning of Cabal operations and military assets, not an attack on innocent civilians."
Old 24th February 2022, 12:38 PM   #397
sts60
Illuminator

It’s hard to imagine a group that waves the American flag and the Christian cross more, while urinating on what they stand for, than the QAnon bunch.
sts60 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th February 2022, 12:38 PM   #398
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Same as Trump.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/22/w...a-ukraine.html
Old 24th February 2022, 12:41 PM   #399
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

You’ve got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know… morons.
Old 24th February 2022, 12:43 PM   #400
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

Originally Posted by Gord_in_Toronto View Post
Well his dad's dead, so he needs a surrogate from whom to beg for approval.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories