IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Deep State conspiracies , QAnon

Old 8th November 2021, 05:56 PM   #201
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by eerok View Post
I'm afraid their confusion goes much deeper than that. Reality is not an option. JFK himself was expected to appear as well.
We have an interlocutor here who promoted the JFK Jr. CT; I'm pretty sure it's a common Q-nut delusion, one of many.

WS
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2021, 06:03 PM   #202
eerok
Quixoticist

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Trump set the stage for all this ****, and that will be his legacy.
I think that's very true. Trump's legacy is an abomination.
Old 8th November 2021, 06:11 PM   #203
eerok
Quixoticist

A modern nutter miracle.

The reflection of the sun off a Q necklace lands on the back of the Quiltist that predicted JFK Jr would materialize in Deally Plaza. (reddit.com)

I'm afraid that the Q BS will only get worse.
Old 9th November 2021, 03:24 AM   #204
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Sorry, but it's not my fault that there's so much to post in this thread today. I truly wish there was not.

"Watched the 2004 Spongebob movie for the first time in 15+ years and it’s easy to see all the NWO imprints this time around" (reddit.com)
I agree that most current Villains in US politics are very much like Plankton: everyone pretends that they are much scarier than they actually are, if you look closely.
Old 9th November 2021, 08:05 AM   #205
jsfisher
ETcorngods survivor

Protzman is the guy with the bird on his shoulder mentioned above.
Quote:
Protzman has built a huge and deeply loyal following of over 100,000 people on his Telegram channel, where he makes predictions using a bastardized version of gematria, the Jewish numerology system that assigns a numerical value to a name, word, or phrase based on the letters used and inferring some sort of spiritual or mystical meaning behind the phrase....
Protzman needs to up his game. Gematria is so old school. It is time for the ET Corn Gods to get involved.

"He's the greatest mod that never was!" -- Monketey Ghost
jsfisher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th November 2021, 06:54 PM   #206
eerok
Quixoticist

Oof. The crazypants have legs.

Some of the Qult remains in Dallas one week after JFK Jr failed to return. Today they met back up at the site of JFK Sr's assassination and sang a rendition of "country roads". (reddit.com)

Such buffoons. Why is reality so hard for these people?
Old 9th November 2021, 07:08 PM   #207
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Because they are Lost Souls?

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Quote:
A lost soul can't lead the people, no
A lost soul can't lead the people, nah
A lost soul can't lead the people, no
A lost soul can't lead the people, uh
Old 9th November 2021, 07:41 PM   #208
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

If they didn't have CTs to pretend they are smarter than you, know things you don't know, they'd be lost. Imagine, imagine being married to one of these credules.

WS
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th November 2021, 08:17 PM   #209
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
I like this comment...

Originally Posted by reddit user
They saw a reflection of a Q. That means another 6 months of predictions that won’t come true.
Old 9th November 2021, 08:37 PM   #210
carlitos
"más divertido"

Country Roads, take me home…
To the place, where I belong…
(Loudly) Dealey Plaza!
(Softly) Mountain mama…
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th November 2021, 10:19 PM   #211
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Don't they have jobs?
Old 10th November 2021, 05:56 AM   #212
eerok
Quixoticist

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
Don't they have jobs?
Surely this is a holy mission worth mortgaging their houses and cashing in their life savings for. Bird Boy is likely hoovering up whatever they have.
Old 10th November 2021, 10:38 PM   #213
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
Don't they have jobs?
Likely a mix of retirees, people who receive passive income like landlords and such, and people whose job literally is QAnon; i.e, social media "influencers" and personalities who make money by promoting and discussing QAnon on the internet.
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2021, 06:10 AM   #214
eerok
Quixoticist

Originally Posted by Checkmite View Post
Likely a mix of retirees, people who receive passive income like landlords and such, and people whose job literally is QAnon; i.e, social media "influencers" and personalities who make money by promoting and discussing QAnon on the internet.
Yeah, it's sad, but spreading BS has always been a career choice for some.
Old 11th November 2021, 12:13 PM   #215
Spektator
Watching . . . always watching.

Anybody with a bird on his shoulder could predict things.

Ha-harr, Jim lad, we'll sail to Treasure Island an' fill the old brig to the scuppers with doubloons and gold bars, or call me a lubber!
Spektator is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2021, 05:00 PM   #216
eerok
Quixoticist

Parental controls, baby.

Am I ****** up for putting parental controls on my parents TV and internet? (reddit.com)
Quote:
So I turned on parental controls on my parents TV and internet, blocked OAN and Fox on the TV...and blocked a bunch of Q keywords and known sites on their router so it can't be accessed by any device on their network.

I figure this should at least keep them from becoming further indoctrinated while I figure out how to get them deprogrammed.

Ethically, is this too going too far?
Old 13th November 2021, 07:18 PM   #217
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger

Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
Saw someone do something similar during the Trump years.

I don't know about ethically but I think it's a good idea.
Orphia Nay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2021, 08:28 PM   #218
carlitos
"más divertido"

Parental. That’s kind of awesome.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th November 2021, 01:03 PM   #219
Allen773
Graduate Poster

Tough love is important.
Allen773 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2021, 05:16 PM   #220
eerok
Quixoticist

Those weirdos still haven't gone home yet.

JFK Jr crowd at Deally Plaza last night 😭 (reddit.com)
Old 17th November 2021, 08:40 PM   #221
gnome
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Orphia Nay View Post
Saw someone do something similar during the Trump years.

I don't know about ethically but I think it's a good idea.
I read a similar story where someone did that and it WORKED--he felt like he got his real parents back just by cutting them off from their insanity supplier.

gnome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2021, 09:49 PM   #222
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Those weirdos still haven't gone home yet.

JFK Jr crowd at Deally Plaza last night 😭 (reddit.com)
Ya have to admit. The responses are hilarious. Or would be if there were not lives at stake.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2021, 10:10 PM   #223
Bubba
Banned

Revisionist twists, & fails, again

We have an interlocutor here who promoted the JFK Jr. CT; I'm pretty sure it's a common Q-nut delusion, one of many.

Twisting the 1990s claim that the fishy plane crash death of John-John, a sure winner of any race he entered, against W or Hillary...(long before Qanon)...into Qanon makes good fodder for the resident dishonest revisionist.

Last edited by Bubba; 17th November 2021 at 10:11 PM.
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2021, 10:14 PM   #224
Bubba
Banned

I think that's very true. Trump's legacy is an abomination.
Whatever you say..Do tell.....

Which great accomplishment(s) of Joe and/or Kamala are your favorite)s)?
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2021, 10:16 PM   #225
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
Twisting the 1990s claim that the fishy plane crash death of John-Johhn, a sure winner of any race he entered, against W or Hillary...(long before Qanon)...into a Qanon makes good fodder for the resident dishonest revisionist.
No, what happened was I confused one stupid JFK Jr. conspiracy (his being alive) that you didn't hold, with another stupid JFK Jr. conspiracy (his being murdered) that you did.

Of course I apologized for the confusion after you pointed out which stupid JFK Jr. conspiracy you promoted but you dishonestly forget that part. Sort of like when you forgot to admit you were wrong about the 2020 election as you promised, or when you "forget" to attribute other's words when you post them as your own.

Again, I apologize for mixing up the cement-headed JFK Jr. conspiracies.

ETA: Add revisionism to the growing list of isms this interlocutor does not understand.

WS

Last edited by Resume; 17th November 2021 at 10:41 PM.
Old 17th November 2021, 10:27 PM   #226
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Remember that really, really pissed off former prosecutor (and sex machine to all the chicks) was going to get Donny Depends reinstated? Well if you thought that was stupid . . .

Quote:
The former Trump lawyer Sidney Powell called a Pentagon official demanding a mission to save the CIA director last year, citing a false QAnon conspiracy theory, according to a new book.

In "Betrayal," excerpts of which were published by ABC News, the journalist Jonathan Karl wrote that Powell phoned Ezra Cohen, a senior Department of Defense official, shortly after the 2020 election claiming that CIA Director Gina Haspel was in danger.
"Gina Haspel has been hurt and taken into custody in Germany," Powell told Cohen on the call, according to Karl's book. "You need to launch a special operations mission to get her."

Powell was referring to a false theory spreading in QAnon circles which claimed Haspel had been injured and captured during a top secret CIA mission to steal a computer server belonging to a company named Scytl in Frankfurt. The theory claimed that Haspel had then been flown to Guantanamo Bay and "received a tribunal for treason."

Powell believed the servers contained evidence showing that hundreds of thousands of US votes had been switched with rigged voting machines, and that Haspel set out to secure the servers so she could destroy the evidence, Karl wrote.

Powell, who has long referenced QAnon conspiracy theories, was axed from the Trump campaign's legal team in mid-November 2020. The journalist Maggie Haberman reported one Trump advisor saying at the time that it was because "she was too conspiratorial even for him."
Now where's that Kraken?

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahaha!!! These Q-credules will fall for anything!

WS

Last edited by Resume; 17th November 2021 at 10:34 PM.
Old 17th November 2021, 10:52 PM   #227
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

Just to poke at this question in brief, here's an article that lists a fair few good things to choose from, with some context.

Let's look at some of Joe Biden's many accomplishments in his first months as president

Here's a simple rough summation from the end, though.

Quote:
It appears that Joe Biden is more interested in fixing what’s wrong with America than in his predecessor’s playboy lifestyle of golf, resort living, and lavish vacationing at a $151,500,000 cost to taxpayers.
Old 17th November 2021, 10:56 PM   #228
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Biden also managed to keep his cabinet and Chief of staff, unlike Trump.
Old 18th November 2021, 06:07 AM   #229
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Infrastructure.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th November 2021, 07:33 AM   #230
eerok
Quixoticist

Biden didn't kill Americans by interfering with covid response in an attempt to win an election. Biden isn't a walking, barking personality disorder. Biden isn't a joke around the world. Biden isn't a traitor to his country. There's a lot more, but I know you're only pretending to be interested.

Not being Trump is a great accomplishment in itself.

Last edited by eerok; 18th November 2021 at 07:35 AM.
eerok is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th November 2021, 08:48 AM   #231
surrogate
Muse

The way they trigger the Trumptrash/Q-idiots/Antivax/Election fraud schmucks is #1 in my book.
surrogate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th November 2021, 08:57 AM   #232
Cosmic Yak
Philosopher

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.

The performance of Biden and Harris have nothing to do with the performance of Trump. Whataboutism is not a good look.

Bring Back the Yak! P.J. Denyer
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th November 2021, 10:11 AM   #233
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Now where's that Kraken?

Playing hockey in Seattle.
Old 22nd November 2021, 11:47 AM   #234
carlitos
"más divertido"

This is so sad. I was guilty myself of laughing at the people waiting for JFK Jr. in Dallas, but the followers of this numerology guy seem genuinely lost to some extent.

Vice News - QAnon Cult Tearing Families Apart

Quote:
Then she found Michael Brian Protzman, known to his followers as Negative48, who is the leader of a QAnon offshoot that’s been camped out in Dallas for the last three weeks awaiting the return of John F. Kennedy and John F. Kennedy Jr.

Garner’s sister left her family behind and drove to Dallas about a month ago and has cut off almost all communication with her family.

According to Garner, her sister has so far handed over about $200,000 to the group, and is being forced to drink a hydrogen peroxide solution and take “bio pellets” to ward off COVID-19 and stay healthy. Her phone calls and messages are also being monitored, according to Garner, who believes her sister will never return.
Some of them are apparently suggesting that they have to "experience physical death" to "come out on the other side" and at least one of them is heading to Waco, echoing something about the Branch Davidians...
Old 22nd November 2021, 11:50 AM   #235
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
This is so sad. I was guilty myself of laughing at the people waiting for JFK Jr. in Dallas, but the followers of this numerology guy seem genuinely lost to some extent.

Vice News - QAnon Cult Tearing Families Apart

Some of them are apparently suggesting that they have to "experience physical death" to "come out on the other side" and at least one of them is heading to Waco, echoing something about the Branch Davidians...
Oh what's the harm?

WS
Old 22nd November 2021, 12:04 PM   #236
Axxman300
Philosopher

Oh what's the harm?
My mom has dementia. My greatest fear is when she answers the phone when I'm not home, because she could invite some dangerous person to the house, or agree to some kind of home service she cannot afford. To people who don't know her she comes across as rational and competent unless the conversation is longer than ten minutes, and then it is obvious something is off.

The harm is people who mean well, but could possibly have mental deterioration, are being taken advantage of by some truly evil people using the Qanon flag to bilk them out of cash, or possibly send them on a suicide mission of some kind.

In my mom's case I have hidden her debit card, and we sold her car. But can't do anything about the Qanon-driven nut with an AR-15 who decided to rescue people at the pizza parlor where I've stopped to have lunch. That's the harm.
Old 22nd November 2021, 01:09 PM   #237
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
My mom has dementia. My greatest fear is when she answers the phone when I'm not home, because she could invite some dangerous person to the house, or agree to some kind of home service she cannot afford. To people who don't know her she comes across as rational and competent unless the conversation is longer than ten minutes, and then it is obvious something is off.

The harm is people who mean well, but could possibly have mental deterioration, are being taken advantage of by some truly evil people using the Qanon flag to bilk them out of cash, or possibly send them on a suicide mission of some kind.

In my mom's case I have hidden her debit card, and we sold her car. But can't do anything about the Qanon-driven nut with an AR-15 who decided to rescue people at the pizza parlor where I've stopped to have lunch. That's the harm.
It's a riff off this website.

WS
Old 22nd November 2021, 06:42 PM   #238
Axxman300
Philosopher

Rolling Stone has a great write up on the convergence Qanon loons, and JFK CT loons in Dallas:

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture...plaza-1261278/
Old 22nd November 2021, 07:48 PM   #239
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
Rolling Stone has a great write up on the convergence Qanon loons, and JFK CT loons in Dallas:

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture...plaza-1261278/
It is truly difficult to know whether to laugh or to cry . . . or start to build a new Ark to leave this planet.
Old 23rd November 2021, 02:35 AM   #240
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

Earlier in the summer you may have heard of this lady, a QAnon influencer who declared that secret-president Trump has appointed her the literal queen of Canada, and has amassed thousands of fanatically loyal followers who are willing to harass businesses, schools, and pedestrians on the street with her "cease and desist" orders to stop obeying or COVID mandates or taking pandemic-related safety precautions or risk "execution".

In the last two days her rhetoric has shifted from sovereign-citizen-type silliness to explicit solicitation of her followers to kill health care providers.

Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories