IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Deep State conspiracies , QAnon

Old 23rd November 2021, 05:37 AM   #241
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
Originally Posted by Checkmite View Post
Earlier in the summer you may have heard of this lady, a QAnon influencer who declared that secret-president Trump has appointed her the literal queen of Canada, and has amassed thousands of fanatically loyal followers who are willing to harass businesses, schools, and pedestrians on the street with her "cease and desist" orders to stop obeying or COVID mandates or taking pandemic-related safety precautions or risk "execution".

In the last two days her rhetoric has shifted from sovereign-citizen-type silliness to explicit solicitation of her followers to kill health care providers.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FEwqlfYW...g&name=900x900
All hail Queen Dildo!
Old 23rd November 2021, 07:32 AM   #242
carlitos
"más divertido"

Queen Romana Dildo. I can't unsee that now. The frogs are a nice touch.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2021, 07:41 AM   #243
eerok
Quixoticist

Yeah, we've got some untreated mental illness up here too.
Old 23rd November 2021, 07:54 AM   #244
carlitos
"más divertido"

To be charitable, maybe the frogs are the queen's proprietary seal, like François 1er of France, "the salamander king" if memory serves.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2021, 08:37 AM   #245
Armitage72
Philosopher

It makes you long for the good old days of harmless delusional self-proclaimed monarchs like Emperor Norton.
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2021, 09:22 AM   #246
eerok
Quixoticist

This is fun ... until one stops to consider how accurately it describes some people.

The Conspiracy Chart 2021 update (reddit.com)
Old 23rd November 2021, 09:40 AM   #247
carlitos
"más divertido"

That is disturbing. Also, the framing is accurate - it really is dangerous to believe in this NWO stuff, but we have people here freely admitting it like "what's the harm?"
Old 23rd November 2021, 09:54 AM   #248
TurkeysGhost
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by eerok View Post
This is fun ... until one stops to consider how accurately it describes some people.

The Conspiracy Chart 2021 update (reddit.com)
Scratching my head about "Iran Contra" being described as a CT. Is there some crank theory in addition to the largely undisputed facts that the Reagan admin was trying to sell guns to Iran to illegally fund the Contras death squads?

I know Reagan and other big wigs escaped all meaningful accountability thanks to some skullduggery by North, H. W. Bush, and others, but the details of the illegal conspiracy are not in doubt.

Last edited by TurkeysGhost; 23rd November 2021 at 09:55 AM.
TurkeysGhost is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2021, 10:17 AM   #249
eerok
Quixoticist

Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
Scratching my head about "Iran Contra" being described as a CT. Is there some crank theory in addition to the largely undisputed facts that the Reagan admin was trying to sell guns to Iran to illegally fund the Contras death squads?

I know Reagan and other big wigs escaped all meaningful accountability thanks to some skullduggery by North, H. W. Bush, and others, but the details of the illegal conspiracy are not in doubt.
Here's what the author of the chart says: "I should clarify: I’m not saying Iran-Contra didn’t happen. This was meant to imply we have questions about Reagan’s involvement. That is why it’s in the “we have questions” category. Sorry, that could’ve been more clear."

https://twitter.com/abbieasr/status/...CVzfdM7fg&s=19
Old 23rd November 2021, 08:28 PM   #250
eerok
Quixoticist

Some of the QAnon sheep are trying to peel away from the flock, but not for the right reasons.

Qanon response to the latest statement by an orange Florida man. They’re almost there.. (reddit.com)

"Dooming" refers to speaking aloud the realization that the Q BS might be false. Too bad that this sentiment makes this person want to hurt people, or to see them hurt. You kind of want to root for them to wake up, but they're also deeply repulsive.
Old 23rd November 2021, 09:52 PM   #251
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

Some of the QAnon sheep are trying to peel away from the flock, but not for the right reasons.

Qanon response to the latest statement by an orange Florida man. They’re almost there.. (reddit.com)

"Dooming" refers to speaking aloud the realization that the Q BS might be false. Too bad that this sentiment makes this person want to hurt people, or to see them hurt. You kind of want to root for them to wake up, but they're also deeply repulsive.
Admittedly, I find it unsurprising. The right wing propaganda network has been working to both create problems and exploit them for political gain, frequently by making up brazen lies or just relying on quarter truths to redirect attention and blame away from their efforts. By creating and playing on the biases of those that pay attention to them, they've made quite a lot of money while also influencing/"benefiting" the Republican Party. Their strategies, though, have obvious and serious consequences in the long run, not least of which are radicalization and justifying atrocity. Fertile ground for BS like QAnon to take root, in short.

Last edited by Aridas; 23rd November 2021 at 10:02 PM.
Aridas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th November 2021, 01:28 PM   #252
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Any bets on how long it will take the Q-Tips to "discover" that the three defendants in Georgia were jailed to silence them from telling us where Hunter Biden's laptop is and what happened to Hillary's e-mails?
Craig4 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th November 2021, 04:12 PM   #253
Andy_Ross
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
This is so sad. I was guilty myself of laughing at the people waiting for JFK Jr. in Dallas, but the followers of this numerology guy seem genuinely lost to some extent.

Vice News - QAnon Cult Tearing Families Apart

Some of them are apparently suggesting that they have to "experience physical death" to "come out on the other side" and at least one of them is heading to Waco, echoing something about the Branch Davidians...
There will be blood.
Andy_Ross is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th November 2021, 04:15 PM   #254
Andy_Ross
Penultimate Amazing

Earlier in the summer you may have heard of this lady, a QAnon influencer who declared that secret-president Trump has appointed her the literal queen of Canada, and has amassed thousands of fanatically loyal followers who are willing to harass businesses, schools, and pedestrians on the street with her "cease and desist" orders to stop obeying or COVID mandates or taking pandemic-related safety precautions or risk "execution".

In the last two days her rhetoric has shifted from sovereign-citizen-type silliness to explicit solicitation of her followers to kill health care providers.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FEwqlfYW...g&name=900x900
Madge might have something to say about that and she has several regiments of guards.
Andy_Ross is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th November 2021, 04:17 PM   #255
Andy_Ross
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Armitage72 View Post
It makes you long for the good old days of harmless delusional self-proclaimed monarchs like Emperor Norton.
Or that guy in the UK who claimed he was the rightful monarch through some twist of his family tree from the 16th century.
Old 24th November 2021, 05:07 PM   #256
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Or that guy in the UK who claimed he was the rightful monarch through some twist of his family tree from the 16th century.
Just like Anastasia Romanov survived.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th November 2021, 02:53 PM   #257
carlitos
"más divertido"

I thought that this article on the futility of QAnon "research," as being practiced in Germany, was interesting. It sounds very much like our domestic USA-ian Q people.

Toy Rabbits, Chemtrails and German QAnon Fanatics: How Not to Conduct Open Source Investigations
Old 28th November 2021, 02:27 AM   #258
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

The kinds of QAnons that you see gathering in Dallas and waiting for the second coming of JFK for instance, the "true believers", are really a small sliver of Q followers; mostly older people and folks who were always detached from reality to some degree or another long before QAnon came along.

People like this guy are the vast majority of Qnuts. Not in that they're becoming unsatisfied with it (I have no idea how many Q's are "waking up" to the grift); but they're like him in that they don't really believe the specific individual fantastic claims QAnon makes, but hopped on board and committed because the promised endgame was always the mass purgation, imprisonment, and/or murder of people they already hated - namely liberals, Jews, and homosexuals, i.e. "traitors" to the Real America.
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th November 2021, 02:46 AM   #259
Childlike Empress
Banned

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
I thought that this article on the futility of QAnon "research," as being practiced in Germany, was interesting. It sounds very much like our domestic USA-ian Q people.

Toy Rabbits, Chemtrails and German QAnon Fanatics: How Not to Conduct Open Source Investigations

"Bellingcat", better known as "Brown Noses", has no place to call themselves "Open Source Researchers", they are MI6-Puppets (and I hate them especially because they did a lot of harm to actual open-source research we did on Syria in 2012ff).

No wonder they are working together with the "Amadeu Antonio Stiftung" (which they even fail to name properly and refer to as "Antonio Amadeu Stiftung"). Which is headed by a literal STASI Agent named Anetta Kahane and employed by the German Government to decide what is and isn't "fake news" on facebook.

I'm not a fan of "QAnon" but this is a despical bunch you are here refering to.

Last edited by Childlike Empress; 28th November 2021 at 02:51 AM.
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th November 2021, 04:21 AM   #260
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

"I don't like them, therefore they are CIA stooges"

Argumentum ad Conspiratorum.
Old 28th November 2021, 04:58 AM   #261
Childlike Empress
Banned

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
"I don't like them, therefore they are CIA stooges"

Argumentum ad Conspiratorum.

CIA is MI6 in your world view? Maybe, but such an argument needs a perspective way above your pay grade. You have no clue, you likely don't even know about our Syria wiki which was funded here by Caustic Logic, Petri Krohn and me (when we invited "Skeptics" to join and fact-check us but literally nobody showed up). We've had a lot of "experiences" with Brown Noses.

Argumentum ad Ignorantum.

Last edited by Childlike Empress; 28th November 2021 at 05:03 AM.
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th November 2021, 05:03 AM   #262
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Ever heard of Five Eyes?
Old 28th November 2021, 05:06 AM   #263
Childlike Empress
Banned

Ever heard of Five Eyes?

ooooh, I see, it's all a big conspiracy and all the same anyway. Guess you're posting in the right subforum.
Old 28th November 2021, 04:53 PM   #264
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
CIA is MI6 in your world view?
Not identically but it is analogous in this context; in the US "it's a CIA conspiracy!"; elsewhere in the world you can insert MI6, Mossad, etc. as appropriate.
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th November 2021, 05:21 PM   #265
Childlike Empress
Banned

Not identically but it is analogous in this context; in the US "it's a CIA conspiracy!"; elsewhere in the world you can insert MI6, Mossad, etc. as appropriate.

Yeah but this is not a statement without evidence. The nonsense this organization put out about stuff like Syria and later the Skripals f.e. is not based on "open-source research". There must be an "intelligence service" behind it and given their connections it is MI6.
Old 28th November 2021, 06:57 PM   #266
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Ever heard of Five Eyes?
No, but I've eaten at Five Guys.
Just get the "Little", otherwise it's too much.
Old 28th November 2021, 07:24 PM   #267
eerok
Quixoticist

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
No, but I've eaten at Five Guys.
Just get the "Little", otherwise it's too much.
"Don't fall for the Five Guys" ... yeah, sadly that's a thing. They've moved on from pizzerias to burger joints.
Old 28th November 2021, 09:22 PM   #268
eerok
Quixoticist

A message from a traitriot:

Here we go again with threats of violence (reddit.com)\

QAnon is the tragedy of this era of American history.
Old 28th November 2021, 10:15 PM   #269
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

A message from a traitriot:

Here we go again with threats of violence (reddit.com)\

QAnon is the tragedy of this era of American history.
I'm not convinced that these Q-Nut cowards that are frightened of their own shadows will muster the balls to do anything more than go off and get all shot to **** in some kind of active shooter scenario, and then be vilified as the whackjobs they are. A disorganized cluster of these nutcases would just be target practice.

WS
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th November 2021, 10:27 PM   #270
eerok
Quixoticist

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
I'm not convinced that these Q-Nut cowards that are frightened of their own shadows will muster the balls to do anything more than go off and get all shot to **** in some kind of active shooter scenario, and then be vilified as the whackjobs they are. A disorganized cluster of these nutcases would just be target practice.
I think they're mostly talk. But they're nasty, anti-social. traitorous talk.
Old 28th November 2021, 10:37 PM   #271
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

I think they're mostly talk. But they're nasty, anti-social. traitorous talk.
That's what happens when the media they consume gulls them to believe stupid, dangerous nonsense. They are the furthest thing from good citizens.

WS
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th November 2021, 10:44 PM   #272
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

With Jan 6, the Q nuts saw what happens when they catch the car they were chasing - and it was both more and less than they expected.
Old 29th November 2021, 11:24 PM   #273
eerok
Quixoticist

This is probably a joke, but that describes the essence of QAnon.

Donald Trump is George Patton reincarnated? JFC (reddit.com)

Such an idiotic cult, but that makes sense, since it worships an idiot.
Old 30th November 2021, 09:04 AM   #274
Armitage72
Philosopher

This is probably a joke, but that describes the essence of QAnon.

Donald Trump is George Patton reincarnated? JFC (reddit.com)

Such an idiotic cult, but that makes sense, since it worships an idiot.

Patton was well known for the bone spurs that kept him out of action and his heroic efforts to avoid STDs.
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2021, 01:05 PM   #275
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
Say it ain't so!

Originally Posted by yahoo news
A QAnon follower wrote an open letter to Trump complaining that the movement's predictions kept turning out to be false
https://news.yahoo.com/qanon-followe...trk=fb&tsrc=fb

Last edited by Mike!; 30th November 2021 at 01:06 PM.
Mike! is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2021, 01:17 PM   #276
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
Gord metaphorically taps Ron Watkins gently on the shoulder. "Um, Ron, do you think it's just possibly that you have been lied to? That someone has been making all this **** up?"

Old 1st December 2021, 08:32 PM   #277
carlitos
"más divertido"

I just heard an interview with a woman whose sister is down in Dallas. She started waiting for JFK Junior and now she has fallen in with this -48 numerology guy. Apparently there are still 100 of the true believers at the Hyatt plus more around town. After several dates have fallen through, they seem to be planning some type of big ball or dance. They are buying suits and dresses and sourcing funds online.

It was absolutely heartbreaking. Her sister and she are both nurses but apparently this woman has fallen into alt medicine, supplements, etc. The woman was drinking—yes drinking—35% hydrogen peroxide, and eating those bio pellets that purify fish tanks to prevent COVID, but got it anyway. She has abandoned her family and spent thousands of dollars on this trip and basically lost everything.

Just awful.

It’s the QAnon Anonymous podcast from today, if anyone is interested. But not a very happy listen.
Old 1st December 2021, 11:48 PM   #278
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

I wouldn't be surprised if these nutters decided to go Suicide by Cop, just so they will be remembered as the 2nd Waco instead of just pathetic.
Old 2nd December 2021, 06:49 AM   #279
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

Maybe Jack Chick was right about the kid who looses his **** and becomes homicidally psychopathic after finding out Santa Clause isn't real.
Counterbalance in the little town of Ridgeview, Ohio. Two people permanently enslaved by the tyranny of fear and superstitution, facing the future with a kind of helpless dread. Two others facing the future with confidence - having escaped one of the darker places of the Twilight Zone.
Foster Zygote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2021, 08:51 AM   #280
carlitos
"más divertido"

Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
All hail Queen Dildo!
"Queen of Canada" arrested / detailed for threats to health care workers

Quote:
Romana Didulo, a leading Canadian QAnon figure with an alleged history of encouraging her followers to shoot health-care workers, was taken into custody by the RCMP’s national security team in Victoria, B.C.

Didulo, who often refers to herself as the “Queen of Canada,” said in a YouTube video that the RCMP’s integrated national-security enforcement team (INSET) served her with a search warrant and told her she was being detained under B.C.’s mental health act.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories