IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags "Rust" , alec baldwin , gun incidents

Old 13th December 2021, 07:08 AM   #41
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

One thing about lead wedging a gun, the evidence can literally walk out on a cowboy boot after the gun is fired.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th December 2021, 07:11 AM   #42
TurkeysGhost
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Crazy Chainsaw View Post
One thing about lead wedging a gun, the evidence can literally walk out on a cowboy boot after the gun is fired.
Is that so?
Old 13th December 2021, 11:43 PM   #43
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
Is that so?
Yes the lead wedge could have been picked up by Baldwin's boot.

Last edited by Crazy Chainsaw; 13th December 2021 at 11:45 PM.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th December 2021, 12:37 AM   #44
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Yes the lead wedge could have been picked up by Baldwin's boot.
Or you just made all this up and a series of failures of basic firearms safety "led" to a live round being in a weapon drawn by someone not familiar with guns carrying it in a configuration known to be dangerous who discharged it negligently.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th December 2021, 07:58 AM   #45
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Or you just made all this up and a series of failures of basic firearms safety "led" to a live round being in a weapon drawn by someone not familiar with guns carrying it in a configuration known to be dangerous who discharged it negligently.
Or someone dropped the gun at half Cock on a railroad track and broke the sear, someone mistook a dud round for a dummy round and Mistakenly put it in the gun thinking the primer had already been fired, and this was all a horrible accident.
Old 14th December 2021, 08:03 AM   #46
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Or someone dropped the gun at half Cock on a railroad track and broke the sear, someone mistook a dud round for a dummy round and Mistakenly put it in the gun thinking the primer had already been fired, and this was all a horrible accident.
Putting a live round in a gun that nobody is expecting to have a live round isn't an accident. It's negligence, pure and simple.
Old 14th December 2021, 08:11 AM   #47
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
Putting a live round in a gun that nobody is expecting to have a live round isn't an accident. It's negligence, pure and simple.
On that I agree, and If Dave Halls saw the round he would have thought the primer being struck ment it was an inert dummy, why not simply pop the primer out and replace it with green plastic then CGI in the Primer after the movie is shot?
Old 14th December 2021, 08:24 AM   #48
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

LOOK on the bright side, if it was negligence, we have lost an Armourer and gained a pole dancer at a strip club, in a year or two when she gets out of prison.
Old 14th December 2021, 08:52 AM   #49
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

This conspiracy theory just gets stupider and stupider.
Old 14th December 2021, 08:56 AM   #50
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

This conspiracy theory just gets stupider and stupider.
The Original accident was Stupid and Tradgic what do you expect?
Old 14th December 2021, 10:11 AM   #51
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

The Original accident was Stupid and Tradgic what do you expect?
Then why come up with a conspiracy theory? The facts presented provide ample explanation for the event. There was a cascading failure in firearms safety that resulted in the death of a bystander. Unless you're in Africa, if you hear hoof beats, think horses no zebras.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th December 2021, 10:42 AM   #52
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

I know when I'm in Africa, if I hear hoof beats I think ladies of the pole.
Old 14th December 2021, 10:55 AM   #53
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

LOOK on the bright side, if it was negligence, we have lost an Armourer and gained a pole dancer at a strip club, in a year or two when she gets out of prison.
Stay classy Senator.
Old 14th December 2021, 04:46 PM   #54
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Then why come up with a conspiracy theory? The facts presented provide ample explanation for the event. There was a cascading failure in firearms safety that resulted in the death of a bystander. Unless you're in Africa, if you hear hoof beats, think horses no zebras.
What about the Zebras on the Ranch in Texas?
Old 14th December 2021, 04:47 PM   #55
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Stay classy Senator.
Couldn't think of any other job she would be Qualified for after prison.
Old 14th December 2021, 05:40 PM   #56
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

What about the Zebras on the Ranch in Texas?
That's rather my point.
Old 14th December 2021, 05:40 PM   #57
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Funny. I can't think of a job you could have that would qualify you to be senator.
Old 14th December 2021, 05:58 PM   #58
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
Why would she go to prison when she wasn't even present on the set when the shooting took place? How can one be responsible for something they had nothing to do with?
Old 14th December 2021, 06:43 PM   #59
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Also why is pole dancer the only post prison job anyone is qualified for? Even I think better of (most of) humanity than that.
Old 14th December 2021, 06:43 PM   #60
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
Why would she go to prison when she wasn't even present on the set when the shooting took place? How can one be responsible for something they had nothing to do with?
She loaded the gun, or so they claim.
Old 14th December 2021, 06:44 PM   #61
junkshop
Graduate Poster

"They"?
Old 14th December 2021, 06:44 PM   #62
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Funny. I can't think of a job you could have that would qualify you to be senator.
What it's right in my Name Crazy aren't all Senators crazy?
Old 14th December 2021, 06:45 PM   #63
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by junkshop View Post
"They"?
Dave Hall and members of the Rust set.
Old 14th December 2021, 06:46 PM   #64
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Also why is pole dancer the only post prison job anyone is qualified for? Even I think better of (most of) humanity than that.
Her irresponsibility in regards to human life.
Old 14th December 2021, 06:56 PM   #65
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Her irresponsibility in regards to human life.
But Baldwin is still okay in your book, right? He can still be a movie star, as far as you're concerned?
Old 14th December 2021, 06:56 PM   #66
junkshop
Graduate Poster

"They"?
Dave Hall and members of the Rust set.
OK, I'm going to assume that by 'Rust set' you mean the crew on Rust. Where have they said that the absent armourer loaded the gun? Why should we believe them? Who the **** is Dave Hall? I don't recall that name coming up on this thread before.
Old 14th December 2021, 06:59 PM   #67
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

So? You claim that someone doctored the gun to discharge unexpectedly. Wouldn't it be your mythical saboteur who actually loaded the gun, somewhere between the armory and the set?

Why do you hate the armorer so much?

Hell, why do you hate ladies of the pole so much?
Old 14th December 2021, 11:50 PM   #68
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

What it's right in my Name Crazy aren't all Senators crazy?
No.
Old 15th December 2021, 12:12 AM   #69
mgidm86
Philosopher

Pretty certain none of scores of strippers I worked with did any hard time

Hey if he can't win in the regular forum start a thread here I guess.
Old 15th December 2021, 01:32 AM   #70
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

CC, I'm curious as to your response to my question in the politics sub forum.
Old 15th December 2021, 06:38 AM   #71
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

OK, I'm going to assume that by 'Rust set' you mean the crew on Rust. Where have they said that the absent armourer loaded the gun? Why should we believe them? Who the **** is Dave Hall? I don't recall that name coming up on this thread before.
Dave Hall is the assistant director who picked the gun up off of a prop cart and Handed it To Baldwin and yelled cold gun.
1 minute by an expert to load and rig the gun is plenty of time.
Old 15th December 2021, 06:39 AM   #72
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

So? You claim that someone doctored the gun to discharge unexpectedly. Wouldn't it be your mythical saboteur who actually loaded the gun, somewhere between the armory and the set?

Why do you hate the armorer so much?

Hell, why do you hate ladies of the pole so much?
An expert could have both Loaded and rigged the gun in one minute or less.
Old 15th December 2021, 06:41 AM   #73
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by mgidm86 View Post
Pretty certain none of scores of strippers I worked with did any hard time

Hey if he can't win in the regular forum start a thread here I guess.
You haven't been to the right clubs.
Old 15th December 2021, 06:58 AM   #74
junkshop
Graduate Poster

Dave Hall is the assistant director who picked the gun up off of a prop cart and Handed it To Baldwin and yelled cold gun.
1 minute by an expert to load and rig the gun is plenty of time.
1st highlight: thank you.

2nd highlight: what's that got to do with these questions?

OK, I'm going to assume that by 'Rust set' you mean the crew on Rust. Where have they said that the absent armourer loaded the gun? Why should we believe them?
ETA: a nitpick, but his name Halls, not Hall.

Last edited by junkshop; 15th December 2021 at 07:10 AM. Reason: Pedantry
junkshop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th December 2021, 07:00 AM   #75
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

As with all conspiracy theories the question must be asked as to why not just accomplish the same goals in a massively less convoluted way.
Old 15th December 2021, 07:12 AM   #76
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

An expert could have both Loaded and rigged the gun in one minute or less.
That's not what I asked.
Old 15th December 2021, 07:17 AM   #77
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

1st highlight: thank you.

2nd highlight: what's that got to do with these questions?

ETA: a nitpick, but his name Halls, not Hall.
The Amourer stated she Loaded 5 Dummies before lunch, then a sixth Dummy after Lunch.
Then the gun was left on a prop cart in a gun safe also rented from the same prop company.
What if an expert who worked with guns knew the combination to that gun safe from a previous Movie they worked on?
The Amourers father seem to indicate a bad blood relationship between his daughter and another Armour, who he loaned low pressure rounds too.
Old 15th December 2021, 07:26 AM   #78
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

The Amourer stated she Loaded 5 Dummies before lunch, then a sixth Dummy after Lunch.
Then the gun was left on a prop cart in a gun safe also rented from the same prop company.
What if an expert who worked with guns knew the combination to that gun safe from a previous Movie they worked on?
The Amourers father seem to indicate a bad blood relationship between his daughter and another Armour, who he loaned low pressure rounds too.
Do you have evidence that happened?
Old 15th December 2021, 07:27 AM   #79
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

That's not what I asked.
I don't hate the Amourer, nor do I hate Ladies pole dancing, just never spent money on them, I know Fantasy from reality, and I have had bad experiences with women, one shot the back Glass out of my pickup Truck with her dad's Double barrel 12 gage shot gun with Double 00 Buck shot, and another tried to run over me with a Lincoln Continental. Not to mention the Blond German excange student who cracked me over the head in Tennessee, and left me with a $4500.00
Hotel room bill for Damages Room service and Cleaning, and I still don't remember what happened that weekend, just waking up nude with tuna salid Vomit all over me.
I tend to leave women alone now, because I want to live, and don't need the pain anymore.
Old 15th December 2021, 07:28 AM   #80
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Do you have evidence that happened?
Only in the testimony of eye witnesses.
What evidence would you expect to find?

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories