IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Coronavirus , Coronavirus conspiracies , diseases , medical conspiracies

Old 13th March 2022, 08:54 AM   #281
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
Stay away from hospitals, official treatment and vaccinations.

https://covid19criticalcare.com/
Isn't the world ending in nine days anyhow?
Old 13th March 2022, 08:56 AM   #282
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
Prophet driven?
He'll show us in nine days when Nibiru pops up out of nowhere and makes everything dreadful. Then we'll want to let him guide our lives.
Counterbalance in the little town of Ridgeview, Ohio. Two people permanently enslaved by the tyranny of fear and superstitution, facing the future with a kind of helpless dread. Two others facing the future with confidence - having escaped one of the darker places of the Twilight Zone.
Foster Zygote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2022, 05:44 AM   #283
Hans
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Foster Zygote View Post
He'll show us in nine days when Nibiru pops up out of nowhere and makes everything dreadful. Then we'll want to let him guide our lives.
Looks like he is suffering from performance anxiety and is already starting to back out of his claim.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...&postcount=370
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th March 2022, 12:43 AM   #284
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Stay away from hospitals, official treatment and vaccinations.

https://covid19criticalcare.com/
That's great advice. People who aren't vaccinated shouldn't go to hospitals. If people can't be bothered to take the simple step to get vaccinated, they aren't good enough to waste medical resources on. If someone unvaxxed gets COVID, they should just stay home.
Old 17th March 2022, 01:10 AM   #285
Cosmic Yak
Philosopher

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
That's great advice. People who aren't vaccinated shouldn't go to hospitals. If people can't be bothered to take the simple step to get vaccinated, they aren't good enough to waste medical resources on. If someone unvaxxed gets COVID, they should just stay home.
Once again, I find your callousness repugnant.

Bring Back the Yak! P.J. Denyer
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th March 2022, 01:56 AM   #286
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
I'm callous to those who were/are callous towards me. If someone didn't value me enough to put on a mask and get the vax when they could, I don't value them.
Old 17th March 2022, 04:13 AM   #287
Steve
Penultimate Amazing

I'm callous to those who were/are callous towards me. If someone didn't value me enough to put on a mask and get the vax when they could, I don't value them.
A fair position. I tend to agree. Even among my own family.
Old 17th March 2022, 04:16 AM   #288
Steve
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
I find unvaxed and unmasked persons mingling with the majority of the public who are taking reasonable precautions to protect themselves and others from infection to be repugnant.
Old 17th March 2022, 01:21 PM   #289
MBDK
Muse

I understand your sentiment, but by copying their callous behavior, in any manner at all, you at least begin to become that which you dislike. An eye for an eye philosophy only results in an increased population of the blind. Education and effective punitive measures are the best solutions, it's just that they're not easy, nor are they one-size-fits all. It's similar to when an adult acts like a child - it is reasonable to treat them as a child, but not as a child yourself would. Instead you treat them as an adult would treat a child that is acting in a particular way. That provides the best solution within the best moral framework.

Last edited by MBDK; 17th March 2022 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Pluralized a singularity.
MBDK is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th March 2022, 02:00 PM   #290
Emre_1974tr
Graduate Poster

I hope these pro-vaccine oppressors and sheep burn in hell forever:

https://www.bitchute.com/video/X8Gbbu5zBvap/
Emre_1974tr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th March 2022, 02:25 PM   #291
Steve
Penultimate Amazing

If an actual hell with real hellfire existed you might have had something to look forward to. Unfortunately for you it will remain a childish fantasy.
Old 17th March 2022, 02:25 PM   #292
Axxman300
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I find unvaxed and unmasked persons mingling with the majority of the public who are taking reasonable precautions to protect themselves and others from infection to be repugnant.
I'm somewhere in the middle on this one.

The deeper issue is that anti-vaxxers have been lied to. And lied to in a way where they choose to believe the lies over the facts. Look at all the COVID-19 CT threads and the consistent theme is that the anti-vaxxers will exclusively link to quack and woo websites (Natural News is common) to support their points. They've trapped themselves in an social echo-chamber where there can be no intellectual escape. The other side is automatically wrong, no matter what the facts are. Context? They don't need context.

So when some local COVID-19 CT nutjob dies from the virus, I feel sorry for them.

On the other hand, when some high-profile COVID-19 anti-vaxxer croaks, I giggle.

My job in hospitality has given me some perspective. I have been lectured by people as to why they don't have to wear masks, and why our COVID-19 protocols are a waste of time. The hilarious part is the same words and lines of logic they employ are identical to the arguments I get from homeless junkies when I tell them to mask up. If the anti-vaxxers and junkies are on the same wave length it tells me everything I need to know about their thought process.

I don't wish anyone dead, but I don't grieve for anti-vaxxers.
Old 17th March 2022, 02:45 PM   #293
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Snicker.

WS
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th March 2022, 02:57 PM   #294
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

Why not just condemn all of modern medical science? People should die in their 30s like God intended.
Counterbalance in the little town of Ridgeview, Ohio. Two people permanently enslaved by the tyranny of fear and superstitution, facing the future with a kind of helpless dread. Two others facing the future with confidence - having escaped one of the darker places of the Twilight Zone.
Foster Zygote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th March 2022, 04:51 PM   #295
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Grow up. Gods, heaven, hell, it's all for children. Your life is based on nothing.
Old 17th March 2022, 04:54 PM   #296
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by MBDK View Post
I understand your sentiment, but by copying their callous behavior, in any manner at all, you at least begin to become that which you dislike. An eye for an eye philosophy only results in an increased population of the blind. Education and effective punitive measures are the best solutions, it's just that they're not easy, nor are they one-size-fits all. It's similar to when an adult acts like a child - it is reasonable to treat them as a child, but not as a child yourself would. Instead you treat them as an adult would treat a child that is acting in a particular way. That provides the best solution within the best moral framework.
We've had over two year for these people to get educated and see reason. If they were going to act like adults, they would have by now. If they want to self select out, good riddance.
Old 17th March 2022, 05:49 PM   #297
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Don't really care what happens to anti-vax, anti-science, reality-denying plague rats. Have a gander here at the dangerous disinformation they spew even as they die from COVID. They deserve as much consideration as killer drunk drivers, which is to say, none at all.

WS
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th March 2022, 06:30 PM   #298
MBDK
Muse

We've had over two year for these people to get educated and see reason. If they were going to act like adults, they would have by now. If they want to self select out, good riddance.
Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Don't really care what happens to anti-vax, anti-science, reality-denying plague rats. Have a gander here at the dangerous disinformation they spew even as they die from COVID. They deserve as much consideration as killer drunk drivers, which is to say, none at all.
Again, neither attitudes do anything to lessen the problem, and only fill your own thoughts with hate - not a healthy thing to do for anyone. Just as the anti-vax/mask/etc. people are stuck in their cesspool of misinformation, so are you becoming mired in your own destructive tar pits. I am as guilty as anyone of having similar tendencies, but at least I try to recognize and mitigate them.

As I do not wish to hijack this thread, this will be my last word here on this fringe topic.
MBDK is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th March 2022, 11:48 AM   #299
Emre_1974tr
Graduate Poster

Again you gave the same helpless answers

Suppose I am a professor in this field. Also,suppose I am not an expert in this field. What will change.

Just as experts in the field of religion always have the wrong religious belief, experts in the field of medicine have the wrong understanding of medicine.

Also there, those who are professors in this field, who have the same opinion as me. You know this too. But this time you take refuge in the erroneous understanding that "whatever the majority of experts in this field decides is right". Again, this is the same perversion in the field of religion.

A person is brainwashed in his area of ​​expertise and adopts what he is taught like a robot. cannot freely question. It becomes a religious dogma. Therefore, experts often do not know the truth in their field. In this field, people who are not brainwashed and question freely can find the truth.

That is why it is very difficult to explain the true Islam in the Qur'an to a clergyman. Because he was brainwashed at school, wrong religious mockery was imposed on him. Likewise, it is very difficult to explain real medicine to a doctor of medicine because he was brainwashed at school, and the wrong understanding of medicine was given to him. He cannot question, reason, think freely. It is like a robot.

This is the case in every field. History, medicine, science, astronomy, astrophysics, politics, psychology, psychiatry...

Do not hand over your forehead to anyone else in any area. Question by yourself, reason yourself, research yourself and find the truth yourself.

Maybe the people you call experts were trained with wrong information from the very beginning? Or maybe they got the right teaching from the start but the malicious people at the top who commanded them maybe started giving them wrong commands later on? Or, right and wrong were intertwined in their teaching from the very beginning, but they can't go beyond their education because they are rote robots themselves? Or did they impose a completely heretical teaching on them from the very beginning?

As soon as you surrender your mind to someone else, the whole society is easily led to perversion by the chain of command and command from above. They make you adopt the wrong religion and make you a pagan, give you the wrong medical treatment and destroy you, give you the wrong psychology solution and turn you into a perverted person, give you the wrong political solution and you will be destroyed by society.

Stop worshiping the experts.
And stop worshiping what the majority says.

Experts can be completely wrong.
Majority, societies can also be completely wrong.

It's just ridiculous that you see this in the field of religion, but make the same mistake in other fields. I'm telling you, you are no different from bigots in the field of religion. they also agree with the majority, and they agree with what the experts in the field of religion say. You are exactly the same. This is how Almighty God brings you face to face with yourself. It shows you that you are no different from those religious bigots. In this way, you will not have the right to object in afterlife. You are hurting yourself and your loved ones and you have no excuses.

Peace

]
Yes, in fact, the overwhelming majority of people who get sick and die are vaccinated peopeles. they are (vaccinated peopes) also responsible for new variants of .They are also exploding cancer, heart attacks and strokes ...

Those who are partners in this crime will pay the price in this world and in the hereafter.
Emre_1974tr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th March 2022, 12:13 PM   #300
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Yes, in fact, the overwhelming majority of people who get sick and die are vaccinated peopeles. they are (vaccinated peopes) also responsible for new variants of .They are also exploding cancer, heart attacks and strokes ...
Nope.

Quote:
Those who are partners in this crime will pay the price in this world and in the hereafter.
Nope.

WS
Old 18th March 2022, 03:51 PM   #301
carlitos
"más divertido"

https ://www.bit chute . com/

I agree. Whoever runs bit chute should rot in hell.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th March 2022, 09:51 PM   #302
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Funny stuff. You don't want the vaccine, fine don't get it. No one cares.

Last edited by Craig4; 18th March 2022 at 11:20 PM.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th March 2022, 08:57 AM   #303
Purple Pangolin
Scholar

If you really believed that vaccinated people are getting sick and dying en masse, you would not be wasting your time berating people on an obscure internet forum. You'd be too busy stocking up on food, medicine, fresh water, and figuring out how to live a self-sustaining lifestyle. You'd be homesteading, installing solar panels/wind turbines, digging a well, figuring out how to protect yourself from looters, raising chickens and other animals, etc. It would also be a good idea to dig some massive burn pits because nothing mucks up the groundwater like rotting piles of dead bodies.

Unless you are doing all of those things in between your little rants, then I do not believe that you believe what you just wrote.
Purple Pangolin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th March 2022, 01:08 PM   #304
JesseCuster
Graduate Poster

Exploding cancer?

Sounds nasty.
JesseCuster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th March 2022, 02:51 PM   #305
ZiprHead
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by JesseCuster View Post
Exploding cancer?

Sounds nasty.
Can we use that on Russians?

IIDB is back, baby!
ZiprHead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th March 2022, 04:06 PM   #306
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
I'm somewhere in the middle on this one.

The deeper issue is that anti-vaxxers have been lied to. And lied to in a way where they choose to believe the lies over the facts. Look at all the COVID-19 CT threads and the consistent theme is that the anti-vaxxers will exclusively link to quack and woo websites (Natural News is common) to support their points. They've trapped themselves in an social echo-chamber where there can be no intellectual escape. The other side is automatically wrong, no matter what the facts are. Context? They don't need context.

So when some local COVID-19 CT nutjob dies from the virus, I feel sorry for them.

On the other hand, when some high-profile COVID-19 anti-vaxxer croaks, I giggle.

My job in hospitality has given me some perspective. I have been lectured by people as to why they don't have to wear masks, and why our COVID-19 protocols are a waste of time. The hilarious part is the same words and lines of logic they employ are identical to the arguments I get from homeless junkies when I tell them to mask up. If the anti-vaxxers and junkies are on the same wave length it tells me everything I need to know about their thought process.

I don't wish anyone dead, but I don't grieve for anti-vaxxers.
All valid - and pretty much where I am - except that I don't work in a hospital.

The highlighted. There's a reason why Russia was pushing antivax narratives. If you fall for one conspiracy theory, in order to preserve it, you need to reject reason. And that makes you ideal prey for other conspiracy theories, and yet another useful idiot for Putin. He might also get lucky and encourage some stochastic terrorism too.

Every year since 1990 the US Public healthcare spending has been greater than the UK as a proportion of GDP. More US Tax goes to healthcare than the UK
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th March 2022, 03:34 AM   #307
Andy_Ross
Penultimate Amazing

Largest study yet shows ivermectin failed to reduce covid hospitalizations compared to placebo.

It's snake oil.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics...pitalizations/
Andy_Ross is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th March 2022, 04:07 AM   #308
Emre_1974tr
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Largest study yet shows ivermectin failed to reduce covid hospitalizations compared to placebo.

It's snake oil.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics...pitalizations/

These studies are not real scientific studies. They adjust the conditions as they work. Both the dosage and the time and duration of use of the substance are adjusted in such a way that it does not always work.

If a study shows that a natural remedy works, it's being swept under the rug.

Otherwise, they have found a cheap and safe treatment for all kinds of diseases, including cancer.

But they never allow the truth. They want to reduce the world's population and want to make money from chemical drugs and expensive products.

But they don't need money anymore these last days. They just want to reduce/destroy you.

The media is in their hands, the so-called science world is in their hands. An internet was free and they are taking over it fast. Good lucks.
Old 20th March 2022, 04:36 AM   #309
catsmate
No longer the 1

<gibbering snipped>
You're lying again.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th March 2022, 04:54 AM   #310
Cosmic Yak
Philosopher

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
These studies are not real scientific studies. They adjust the conditions as they work. Both the dosage and the time and duration of use of the substance are adjusted in such a way that it does not always work.
There is nothing in the article's summary of the study to indicate that this actually happened. Citation needed.
You should also look up 'peer review', a concept you are clearly unfamiliar with.

*Cosmic Yak eyes aspirin thoughtfully*

For example?

Otherwise, they have found a cheap and safe treatment for all kinds of diseases, including cancer.
Once again, your ignorance is showing.
We already have a cheap and safe way of preventing many diseases: it's called vaccination.
The HPV vaccine, for example, has reduced rates of cervical cancer by up to 90%.
You are the one opposing safe treatments for diseases, Emre, not the medical establishment.
https://news.cancerresearchuk.org/20...rvical-cancer/

But they never allow the truth. They want to reduce the world's population and want to make money from chemical drugs and expensive products.
Whoever 'they' are, they are not doing a very good job, as the world's population continues to increase. Also, the gaping hole in this logic is that this stupid conspiracy involves businesses killing their own customers. I take it you know as little about business as you do, well, pretty much everything else, Emre. Take it from me: killing your customers is not a good business plan.
Evidence again needed for this latest claim. Who are 'they', and what evidence do you have that they want to reduce the world's population. Any mention of Bill Gates, by the way, qualifies as an instant fail.

But they don't need money anymore these last days. They just want to reduce/destroy you.
These last days. If by that you mean because we're all going to something something um err maybe, because an invisible solar system is going to magically materialise in the earth's atmosphere in two days' time, then I need to ask you if you've seen any of these elites leaving for high ground yet?
Oh, and you don't need money either, don't forget. You've got until tomorrow to send me the contents of your bank account, or everyone will see what a little liar you are.

he media is in their hands, the so-called science world is in their hands. An internet was free and they are taking over it fast. Good lucks.
He's got the whole, wide world in his hands.....

Emre, this is unsupported rubbish. If the media is controlled, how do you know about all this evil plotting? Think for a minute, even a few seconds, and you will realise that all this guff is just guff. Really. It's nonsense.

Bring Back the Yak! P.J. Denyer
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th March 2022, 05:01 AM   #311
Andy_Ross
Penultimate Amazing

The media is in their hands, the so-called science world is in their hands. An internet was free and they are taking over it fast. Good lucks.
What is your evidence for this?

What specific problems do you see with this study?
Andy_Ross is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th March 2022, 06:55 AM   #312
Carrot Flower King
Illuminator

*Walks over to stash of pharmaceutical, picks up pack of digoxin, looks out of kitchen window at foxgloves in back garden, looks back at digoxin packet*

ETA *Picks up dictionary, looks up "pharmacognosy", finds it still means what it always did*

Last edited by Carrot Flower King; 20th March 2022 at 06:57 AM.
Carrot Flower King is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th March 2022, 09:24 AM   #313
Chris_Halkides
Penultimate Amazing

Edward Mills and coworkers ivermectin study

"The latest trial conducted in Brazil involved 1,358 adults with COVID-19 symptoms. All study participants were at risk of developing the severe form of the disease with a history of pre-existing conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, cardiovascular disease, or lung disease. Half of them received Ivermectin pills for three days, and the other half received a placebo." link
Old 20th March 2022, 10:51 AM   #314
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Nope.

Quote:
Nope.

Quote:
Nope.

Quote:
Nope.

Quote:
Nope.

Quote:
Nopes.

WS
Old 20th March 2022, 10:56 AM   #315
Steve
Penultimate Amazing

Ah yes. The infamous and nebulous "they". The ones who control every aspect of peoples' lives and against whom we have no recourse. "They" who are so confident of their supremacy that "they" do allow people in-the-know to expose their plotting on the internet.
Old 20th March 2022, 01:00 PM   #316
MBDK
Muse

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Ah yes. The infamous and nebulous "they". The ones who control every aspect of peoples' lives and against whom we have no recourse. "They" who are so confident of their supremacy that "they" do allow people in-the-know to expose their plotting on the internet.
"They" are the rabbits sitting in Emre_1974tr's head working the controls (apologies to Father Dougal).
Old 20th March 2022, 01:23 PM   #317
Steve
Penultimate Amazing

"They" are the rabbits sitting in Emre_1974tr's head working the controls (apologies to Father Dougal).
Rabbits need to poop regardless of where they may be sitting.
Old 20th March 2022, 01:49 PM   #318
SteveAitch
Graduate Poster

Not Numskulls like everyone else?

Some people call me 'strange'. I prefer 'unconventional'. But I'm willing to compromise and accept 'eccentric'...
SteveAitch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th March 2022, 08:06 PM   #319
Chris_Halkides
Penultimate Amazing

anti-vaxxers on the gravy train

At Substack Dr. Eric Topol wrote, "Perhaps you’ve read the Guardian piece on the anti-vaxxers, such as Alex Berenson, Robert Malone, Joseph Mercola and others, who have a major presence on Substack and are making large amounts of money via subscriptions. Before that piece arrived, when I first posted on Substack in December, some of these individuals organized a vicious, ad hominem attack through comments on my welcome post that necessitated me taking down the comment section."

At The Guardian, "A group of vaccine-sceptic writers are generating revenues of at least $2.5m (£1.85m) a year from publishing newsletters for tens of thousands of followers on the online publishing platform Substack, according to new research.

Prominent figures in the anti-vaccine movement including Dr Joseph Mercola and Alex Berenson have large followings on Substack, which has more than 1 million paying subscribers who sign up for individual newsletters..."
Old 20th March 2022, 09:43 PM   #320
MBDK
Muse

Originally Posted by SteveAitch View Post
Not Numskulls like everyone else?
It appears he never got that upgrade.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories