IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags corruption , cover up , Russia Collusion , us government

Old 13th December 2022, 05:16 AM   #121
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Well this Thread Aged well seeing Trump was Just convicted of seventeen Tax Felonies, the State of New York is Investigating him for Criminal actions, over his hiring fixers and Election Fraud with Michael Cohen, and his other Criminal Connections.
The state of Georga and the DOJ likely to Indict him, and everything else that proves the GQP would Bend over backwards and do back flips just to kiss his Ring.
Wonder why a GQP up too it's eyebrows in Russian Fossil Fuel Money, would ever protect Russian useful Idiots, like Trump, and his allies, as I live in the Most Corupt Red State in the Nation?
Kentucky, courpted by Big Coal money invested in Oil and Gas in Russia durring the 1990s ?
Oh that's right I am just Crazy it's part of my Name even.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th December 2022, 10:07 AM   #122
bknight
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Crazy Chainsaw View Post
Well this Thread Aged well seeing Trump was Just convicted of seventeen Tax Felonies, the State of New York is Investigating him for Criminal actions, over his hiring fixers and Election Fraud with Michael Cohen, and his other Criminal Connections.
The state of Georga and the DOJ likely to Indict him, and everything else that proves the GQP would Bend over backwards and do back flips just to kiss his Ring.
Wonder why a GQP up too it's eyebrows in Russian Fossil Fuel Money, would ever protect Russian useful Idiots, like Trump, and his allies, as I live in the Most Corupt Red State in the Nation?
Kentucky, courpted by Big Coal money invested in Oil and Gas in Russia durring the 1990s ?
Oh that's right I am just Crazy it's part of my Name even.
Ah the devil is in the details
Quote:
(CNN)

A Manhattan jury has found two Trump Organization companies guilty on multiple charges of criminal tax fraud and falsifying business records connected to a 15-year scheme to defraud tax authorities by failing to report and pay taxes on compensation for top executives.

The Trump Corp. and Trump Payroll Corp. were found guilty on all charges they faced.

Donald Trump and his family were not charged in this case, but the former president was mentioned repeatedly during the trial by prosecutors about his connection to the benefits doled out to certain executives, including company-funded apartments, car leases and personal expenses.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/06/polit...ict/index.html

So no Trump however much you dislike him was not found guilty of anything, namely because he wasn't charged. Now I wonder why that was?
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th December 2022, 04:30 PM   #123
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by bknight View Post
Ah the devil is in the details

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/06/polit...ict/index.html

So no Trump however much you dislike him was not found guilty of anything, namely because he wasn't charged. Now I wonder why that was?
Because the system is courpt.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th December 2022, 06:04 PM   #124
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Or the case against the companies is a step in a longer process. We need the fullness of time to know which.
Old 13th December 2022, 06:28 PM   #125
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

The only corruption I'm seeing right now is in the system that led you to claim Trump had been convicted of crimes he wasn't even charged with.
Old 14th December 2022, 01:59 AM   #126
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
The only corruption I'm seeing right now is in the system that led you to claim Trump had been convicted of crimes he wasn't even charged with.
Doesn't he sign the Checks for the Trump Organization is there another reason it has the Name Trump on it? This only leads support to the Thread of Course he Knew what was going on!
Old 14th December 2022, 03:57 AM   #127
SpitfireIX
Philosopher

Former accountant and auditor here. The fact that Trump personally signed some of the checks in question does not establish that he knew what was going on. It's perfectly plausible that given his high levels of ignorance and laziness, plus the fact that he's not nearly as smart as he thinks he is, that he didn't. Further, there are many cases where lower-ranking officials in an organization have been able to subvert that organization's internal controls.
Old 14th December 2022, 04:51 AM   #128
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by SpitfireIX View Post
Former accountant and auditor here. The fact that Trump personally signed some of the checks in question does not establish that he knew what was going on. It's perfectly plausible that given his high levels of ignorance and laziness, plus the fact that he's not nearly as smart as he thinks he is, that he didn't. Further, there are many cases where lower-ranking officials in an organization have been able to subvert that organization's internal controls.
even according to Trump himself, he was under more-or-less constant IRS Audit.
That alone is enough to require a higher level of scrutiny when it comes to signing checks.
Old 14th December 2022, 07:11 AM   #129
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
That alone is enough to require a higher level of scrutiny when it comes to signing checks.
Yep according too Trump a fly on the wall didn't get smeared with Ketchup unless he was involved, though Trump definitely doesn’t have many Marbles, I doubt he could even play a game of onezzes.
Old 14th December 2022, 08:12 AM   #130
SpitfireIX
Philosopher

You're ascribing a "reasonable person" standard to Trump. You might want to rethink that. My opinion is that if they had sufficient evidence that he was involved, he would have been charged.

ETA: And he may well be charged with something (or, more likely, multiple things) at some point, but not necessarily in this case.

Last edited by SpitfireIX; 14th December 2022 at 08:15 AM.
SpitfireIX is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th December 2022, 08:16 AM   #131
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by SpitfireIX View Post
You're ascribing a "reasonable person" standard to Trump. You might want to rethink that. My opinion is that if they had sufficient evidence that he was involved, he would have been charged.

ETA: And he may well be charged with something (or, more likely, multiple things) at some point, but not necessarily in this case.
I think they had enough evidence, but they also had a CEO who would swear it was all HIM, no Trump involvement at all.

That adds up to a verdict overturned on appeal.
Old 14th December 2022, 04:19 PM   #132
MBDK
Muse

Doesn't he sign the Checks for the Trump Organization is there another reason it has the Name Trump on it? This only leads support to the Thread of Course he Knew what was going on!
The point being that Trump was not found guilty as you asserted, and currently IS NOT under indictment for what you asserted he was convicted of, you are spreading misinformation, just as misinformation was spread about covid-19, JFK, 9/11, etc. Did you do this purposely? I highly doubt it. Either way, what this shows is how our own biases can influence our opinions to the extent of making unreasonable and false statements. Becoming defensive about it and trying to rationalize your comment is also along the lines of every conspiracy theory out there. We must all be careful not to fall into the cesspool such behaviors create, as some never extract themselves. When I have found myself doing this (or as it has been pointed out to me, also), I now try to admit my mistake(s) and learn from it(them). It isn't easy, but I believe it is absolutely the correct thing to do.

Last edited by MBDK; 14th December 2022 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Punctuation and clarification.
MBDK is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th December 2022, 04:37 PM   #133
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

He. Was. Not. Charged. With. These. Crimes.
Old 14th December 2022, 10:06 PM   #134
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

He. Was. Not. Charged. With. These. Crimes.
True.
But he could have been - the evidence was there, the prosecutor just didn't think that it would be worth going that way.
Old 15th December 2022, 06:09 AM   #135
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

True.
But he could have been - the evidence was there, the prosecutor just didn't think that it would be worth going that way.
Exactly and he could be charged in the Future remember this was the Civil part of the case, not a criminal case, but a civil case. They don't Indict in Civil cases but the Jury can find all parties Guilty just the same because they are part of the organization that committed the crime.
The Criminal case is Now ongoing it may infact Indict Trump.
Old 17th December 2022, 05:28 PM   #136
MBDK
Muse

True.
Exactly and he could be charged in the Future remember this was the Civil part of the case, not a criminal case, but a civil case. They don't Indict in Civil cases but the Jury can find all parties Guilty just the same because they are part of the organization that committed the crime.

Odd that you are still missing the point. Woulda', coulda', shoulda, and everything else written so far in this regard, is just conjecture. Now, I could understand if you were just doing a normal critique of the Man's transgressions and/or possible upcoming legal charges, but recall this latest discussion has been predicated on Crazy Chainsaw's false claim that "Well this Thread Aged well seeing Trump was Just convicted of seventeen Tax Felonies..." And so far, the comments by both Crazy Chainsaw and The Great Zaganza, have only been supporting some justification of the comment without any retraction. Perhaps that was not your intent, but it comes across (at least to me) as deceptive and dishonest. If you had at least acknowledged the error, and then continued to discuss the reasons you believe he SHOULD be charged, that would be different. The reason I bring this up is that is how CTists operate. They ignore their mistakes and continue to waffle on about irrelevant peripherals.
MBDK is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2022, 07:03 AM   #137
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by MBDK View Post
Odd that you are still missing the point. Woulda', coulda', shoulda, and everything else written so far in this regard, is just conjecture. Now, I could understand if you were just doing a normal critique of the Man's transgressions and/or possible upcoming legal charges, but recall this latest discussion has been predicated on Crazy Chainsaw's false claim that "Well this Thread Aged well seeing Trump was Just convicted of seventeen Tax Felonies..." And so far, the comments by both Crazy Chainsaw and The Great Zaganza, have only been supporting some justification of the comment without any retraction. Perhaps that was not your intent, but it comes across (at least to me) as deceptive and dishonest. If you had at least acknowledged the error, and then continued to discuss the reasons you believe he SHOULD be charged, that would be different. The reason I bring this up is that is how CTists operate. They ignore their mistakes and continue to waffle on about irrelevant peripherals.
Read the fine Print I did acknowledge the Error it's a Civil Case where individuals can not be indicted, the criminal cases are on going.
It's pretty clear Trump has always viewed himself above the Law, and Republicans have went along with that for years. He has always used Legal Tricks, fixers and extremists to protect himself and his cohorts and would continue too do so if he were not now caught.
Old 21st December 2022, 07:55 AM   #138
bknight
Master Poster

Read the fine Print I did acknowledge the Error it's a Civil Case where individuals can not be indicted, the criminal cases are on going.
It's pretty clear Trump has always viewed himself above the Law, and Republicans have went along with that for years. He has always used Legal Tricks, fixers and extremists to protect himself and his cohorts and would continue too do so if he were not now caught.
Here is you post where you claim to have acknowledged your error.

But I find no admission of error just continued lawyer tricks. And then start on a possible criminal case.

ETA: This would be an admission I admit I was wrong in that Trump was not charged with anything.

Last edited by bknight; 21st December 2022 at 07:56 AM.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2022, 08:44 AM   #139
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

True.
Maybe CC should have led with that, instead of with the absurdly dishonest claim he chose instead.
Old 21st December 2022, 06:07 PM   #140
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Maybe CC should have led with that, instead of with the absurdly dishonest claim he chose instead.
Here is the problem you have the Jury found the entire Organization guilty and Trump is head of that Organization.
Old 21st December 2022, 06:08 PM   #141
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

But I find no admission of error just continued lawyer tricks. And then start on a possible criminal case.

ETA: This would be an admission I admit I was wrong in that Trump was not charged with anything.
The Jury in the Civil case found the entire organization Guilty, and Trump is head of that organization.
Old 21st December 2022, 06:10 PM   #142
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

He was not Indicted but his organization was found Guilty.
Old 21st December 2022, 06:50 PM   #143
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

He was not indicted but you claimed he was convicted.

Most pastors who preach to their own choir choose a sermon they already accept. But you're botching even that basic task.

Stop trying to weasel out of your gross error, take the L with good grace instead of comical equivocation, and start fresh. Or just go on being more and more stinky with each flailing iteration.
Old 21st December 2022, 07:46 PM   #144
bknight
Master Poster

See how easy it is to admit a failure?
Old 22nd December 2022, 02:32 AM   #145
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

See how easy it is to admit a failure?
He may yet be indicted for Tax evasion as well as other crimes, the whole point of this thread is that Republicans have been covering up for Trump for a long time.
Old 22nd December 2022, 06:44 AM   #146
bknight
Master Poster

He may yet be indicted for Tax evasion as well as other crimes, the whole point of this thread is that Republicans have been covering up for Trump for a long time.
He may or may not be indicted, if he is then you may dance in the street. Remember indicted is not proved guilty, until the trial says he is.
Old 22nd December 2022, 07:46 PM   #147
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

He may or may not be indicted, if he is then you may dance in the street. Remember indicted is not proved guilty, until the trial says he is.
Yes I know, actually I feel sad for him and the GQP.
Old 27th December 2022, 05:32 AM   #148
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

More Proof of Republicans covering up for Trump.
https://fb.watch/hGDMJoSJAm/
Old 26th February 2023, 11:48 AM   #149
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Well it looks now like Georgia is going to Indict, which is a very good thing, as well as Jack Smith moving forward with his Indictments.
Soon comes the Time for Dancing in the Street I guess.
Old 11th August 2023, 08:06 PM   #150
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Looks like the FBI might even have been shielding Trump why am I not Surprised, maybe because I knew their was a cover up all along, to bad my bad knee now will not let me Dance in the Street.
https://www.businessinsider.com/fbi-...s-biden-2023-8
Old 12th August 2023, 05:02 PM   #151
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

What cover up? It all happened in the open. This may be the least surprising series of indictments in US political history.
Old 27th September 2023, 01:36 PM   #152
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
What cover up? It all happened in the open. This may be the least surprising series of indictments in US political history.
Have to agree thereanyone who looked could have seen it coming, Elmer Fudd Stewart Rhodes and his Ron Paul's Waco Whackos, were asking me about where they could get their hands on Nano thermite on myspace In 2008, I gathered they were trying to figure out ways of making Bombs undetectable by Bomb sniffing dogs.
They believed Steven Earl Jones nano thermite was a high explosive nonsense.
What could you expect from people who actually believed 9/11No Brainers , I am just glad good people like General Milley stopped then from having their little Insurrection succeed.
Old 4th October 2023, 09:03 PM   #153
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Have to agree thereanyone who looked could have seen it coming, Elmer Fudd Stewart Rhodes and his Ron Paul's Waco Whackos, were asking me about where they could get their hands on Nano thermite on myspace In 2008, I gathered they were trying to figure out ways of making Bombs undetectable by Bomb sniffing dogs.
They believed Steven Earl Jones nano thermite was a high explosive nonsense.
What could you expect from people who actually believed 9/11No Brainers , I am just glad good people like General Milley stopped then from having their little Insurrection succeed.
No, I mean like Trump and his cult just tried to overthrow the government in front of us. We watched the whole thing. They all said what they were doing. Sure, Axios and Woodward gave us the mindbogglingly stupid details but the attempted steal and coup wasn't being covered up.
Old 5th October 2023, 05:38 AM   #154
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
No, I mean like Trump and his cult just tried to overthrow the government in front of us. We watched the whole thing. They all said what they were doing. Sure, Axios and Woodward gave us the mindbogglingly stupid details but the attempted steal and coup wasn't being covered up.
That's why I call it the Idiot Insurrection, you could see it was going to happen before it did. Insurrections need to be silent and Done by surprise to be effective not advertised to grift off of!
Stewart Rhodes wanted to be the John Brown of the Second Amendment, that was his whole goal in forming the Oath Keepers, from Ron Paul's Waco Whackos as they were known on myspace.
What can you expect of an Insurrection by for and of Idiots?
Old 5th October 2023, 06:22 AM   #155
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

That's why I call it the Idiot Insurrection, you could see it was going to happen before it did. Insurrections need to be silent and Done by surprise to be effective not advertised to grift off of!
Stewart Rhodes wanted to be the John Brown of the Second Amendment, that was his whole goal in forming the Oath Keepers, from Ron Paul's Waco Whackos as they were known on myspace.
The Oath Keepers were bit players in the whole thing. They might have been some of the most organized but if they never existed, everything from the middle of November 2020 to January 20th 2021 would have still happened. The important parts of the insurrection were happening at the DoJ and the White House and there wasn't much of a secret.
Old 5th October 2023, 06:39 AM   #156
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Insurrections need to be silent and Done by surprise to be effective not advertised to grift off of!
Maybe it wasn't an insurrection, then. Maybe it was just insurrection cosplay.

Or maybe you're wrong about what an insurrection needs. The Southern states telegraphed their secession clearly, prior to the start of the American Civil War. I'm pretty sure everyone knew that supplying Fort Sumter would be an inciting incident.

Napoleon's return from Elba wasn't a big secret; in fact he relied on its spreading fame to swell the numbers of his army.

Of course insurrections are sometimes kept secret. The Carnation Revolution, in Portugal in 1974, was kept secret until the day of action. But it doesn't always have to be that way.

And now I'm wondering, if the January 6 insurrection was so obvious, why did anyone in authority allow it to happen?

Quote:
Also, you can't name-drop myspace like it's usenet or something. Just say "online". It's less embarrassing.
Old 5th October 2023, 07:40 AM   #157
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Maybe it wasn't an insurrection, then. Maybe it was just insurrection cosplay.

Or maybe you're wrong about what an insurrection needs. The Southern states telegraphed their secession clearly, prior to the start of the American Civil War. I'm pretty sure everyone knew that supplying Fort Sumter would be an inciting incident.

Napoleon's return from Elba wasn't a big secret; in fact he relied on its spreading fame to swell the numbers of his army.

Of course insurrections are sometimes kept secret. The Carnation Revolution, in Portugal in 1974, was kept secret until the day of action. But it doesn't always have to be that way.

And now I'm wondering, if the January 6 insurrection was so obvious, why did anyone in authority allow it to happen?

Also, you can't name-drop myspace like it's usenet or something. Just say "online". It's less embarrassing.
Maybe if the phone Mail boxes at Nancy Pelosi 's office and Chuck Schumer's office hadden't been full, and they hadden't been Following Covid 19 protocols someone Could have Warned them Ron Paul's Waco Whackos were going to Attack the Capitol on January 6th 2021.
You can't really Trust the department of Justice can you when the President is the Chief Insurrectionist?
You also couldn't trust a Republican or anyone in that party.
Not saying someone called trying to warn them just saying no one could!
Who do you trust when telling what you know could get you shot by one of the Crazies, and you don't really know who the Crazies are?
Old 5th October 2023, 08:03 AM   #158
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

I'm pretty sure we know who the Crazies are.
Old 5th October 2023, 12:48 PM   #159
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

I'm pretty sure we know who the Crazies are.
I am not sure I know who the Crazies are right now, I used to Trust Mitch McConnell, now I know better.
Old 29th November 2023, 09:06 PM   #160
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Well, Liz Cheney's new book puts everything in a new light, it confirms much of what I have been saying.
https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...iz-cheney-book

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories