IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 17th May 2022, 05:34 AM   #161
arayder
Illuminator

Originally Posted by arayder View Post
We need workers, doers. And we shouldn't give hoot about their skin color, their language, their country of origin, or their religion as long as they accept the "American way" (whatever that is?).
Originally Posted by shuttlt View Post
Do they accept it?
Good question. And the other question is what is "the American way"?

As far as I am concerned the immigrants don't have to speak English at home (they'll need the language out in the real world), dress American, and can go to any house of worship, or none at all, they choose.

All they need accept are the laws of the country and support the Constitution and Bill of Rights. In effect they need to accept a pluralistic America.

Over the years I have had a few observant Muslim friends and neighbors. In each case they readily accepted that they were living in a community with "regular Americans", including me. One family was involved in local politics and helped get the Muslim vote out for a Governor who respected their rights. All of the adults had good jobs in education, state government or local industries.

The women in the families dressed modestly and covered their heads. The kids all excelled at school and helped out in the neighborhood. I had to tell the boys that I could mow my own lawn, thank you, and that is was good exercise for a 60 plus year old man.

They are Americans as far as I am concerned.

They are not replacing anyone.

They are just living free.

--------------
Dope Clock II: It's been 328 days since Bobby Menard announced plans to create "Artists Valley". So far all he has done is lie through his teeth.

Last edited by arayder; 17th May 2022 at 05:38 AM.
arayder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2022, 05:49 AM   #162
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

The Great Replacement theory is the Dumbest theory I have ever heard, because we are all ones species, it's not like Lizard Men are Invading the planet, at that I would be worried.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2022, 05:50 AM   #163
arayder
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Susheel View Post
It would also be interesting to know what are the aspects of the "caucasian culture" that they feel is being threatened?
As I see it there is a sickening air of triumphantism to the replacement theory. It seems to be assumed that "caucasian culture" deserves some sort of protected status.

At its worst it is a sort of "blood and sand" dog whistle that apes Nazism.

At a harmless level it means I can watch John Wayne movies by the Christmas tree while I clean my guns.

--------------
Dope Clock II: It's been 328 days since Bobby Menard announced plans to create "Artists Valley". So far all he has done is lie through his teeth.

Last edited by arayder; 17th May 2022 at 06:01 AM.
arayder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2022, 05:55 AM   #164
EaglePuncher
Banned

Originally Posted by Crazy Chainsaw View Post
The Great Replacement theory is the Dumbest theory I have ever heard, because we are all ones species, it's not like Lizard Men are Invading the planet, at that I would be worried.
No no no no, you need to realize that people who were born with a more pigmented skin and in a "********" country are automatically less intelligent, have no moral compass and are worth less in general. That's why it's so dangerous for us to mix with them or let them take over our countries with their suboptimal genes.

ETA

Translated to racist: Countries should protect their culture.

Last edited by EaglePuncher; 17th May 2022 at 06:02 AM.
EaglePuncher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2022, 06:16 AM   #165
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by Crazy Chainsaw View Post
there is a VERY DIRECT link to Replacement Theory from " (((One World Government))) Lizardpeople doing it to weaken the humans for conquering".
Remember the Tikki-Torch-Nazis shouting "Jews will not replace us!" ?
Old 17th May 2022, 06:43 AM   #166
arayder
Illuminator

I am reading American Nations by Colin Woodard

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Nations
Here's a replacement highlighted in the above book.

In the late 1700's and early 1800's the Quaker dominance of Pennsylvania's culture (especially in western PA) was "replaced" by waves of immigrants often called "borderlanders", who were from the borders of Northern Ireland, northern England, and the Scottish lowlands. They established the culture of what Woodard calls Greater Appalachia.

While the powers that be at the time managed to largely shut the borderlanders out of the Constitutional convention, these Appalachians subsequently managed to become the dominant force in Pennsylvania culture and politics.

There are no stories of Quakers marching around with Tikki-Torches shouting "Hill Billies will not replace us!"

--------------

Last edited by arayder; 17th May 2022 at 06:54 AM.
Old 17th May 2022, 06:55 AM   #167
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

As I see it there is a sickening air of triumphantism to the replacement theory. It seems to be assumed that "caucasian culture" deserves some sort of protected status.
Because it is weak and can not possibly exist without artificial propping up of course.
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2022, 06:56 AM   #168
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

In the late 1700's and early 1800's the Quaker dominance of Pennsylvania's culture (especially in western PA) was "replaced" by waves of immigrants often called "borderlanders", who were from the borders of Northern Ireland, northern England, and the Scottish lowlands. They established the culture of what Woodard calls Greater Appalachia.

While the powers that be at the time managed to largely shut the borderlanders out of the Constitutional convention, these Appalachians subsequently managed to become the dominant force in Pennsylvania culture and politics.

There are no stories of Quakers marching around with Tikki-Torches shouting "Hill Billies will not replace us!"

--------------
Well you do have that wonderful quote about those swarthy germans from that period from Ben Franklin.
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2022, 07:04 AM   #169
arayder
Illuminator

Originally Posted by ponderingturtle View Post
Well you do have that wonderful quote about those swarthy germans from that period from Ben Franklin.
Yes, I saw that. Good post.

I think Pennsylvanians incorporated the German and Dutch cultures because they brought good beer to barbecues.

I have no research to back this up.

--------------
Old 17th May 2022, 07:10 AM   #170
shuttlt
Penultimate Amazing

Quakers were super religious militant pacifist. That's like pointing to stoners not reacting to something. Of course they didn't react aggressively, they were Quakers.
shuttlt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2022, 07:22 AM   #171
arayder
Illuminator

Quakers were super religious militant pacifist. That's like pointing to stoners not reacting to something. Of course they didn't react aggressively, they were Quakers.
It's a joke. Okay, a bad one.

Other colonial cultures had a bit of a problem with the Quakers because they didn't want to fight the native Americans.

--------------
Old 17th May 2022, 07:23 AM   #172
shuttlt
Penultimate Amazing

It's a joke. Okay, a bad one.

Other colonial cultures had a bit of a problem with the Quakers because they didn't want to fight the native Americans.
High Noon and all that. Didn't the early puritans have a habit of executing puritans for heresy?
shuttlt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2022, 07:54 AM   #173
catsmate
No longer the 1

--------------
There was Cary's Rebellion in North Carolina.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2022, 07:55 AM   #174
catsmate
No longer the 1

Oh good grief. You really are ignorant of your own history.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2022, 08:14 AM   #175
arayder
Illuminator

High Noon and all that. Didn't the early puritans have a habit of executing puritans for heresy?
The puritans were known to disfigure Quakers, among others.

-------
Old 17th May 2022, 08:24 AM   #176
arayder
Illuminator

Originally Posted by catsmate View Post
There was Cary's Rebellion in North Carolina.
Good point. The exception that proves the rule?

The Quakers also helped defend Philadelphia against borderlanders who formed a militia (i.e. the Paxton Boys) in 1764 and attempted to storm the capital.

-------
Old 17th May 2022, 09:27 AM   #177
shuttlt
Penultimate Amazing

Oh good grief. You really are ignorant of your own history.
It's not my history. Having said that, I took a look... was Cary a Quaker?
Old 17th May 2022, 09:28 AM   #178
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Hercules56
Using immigration to change the political dynamics of a country is pretty dispicable.
Almost as despicable as gerrymandering and obstructing easy access to the polls....
This^
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2022, 09:52 AM   #179
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

No we are not going to stop the discussion to define a Quaker as a distraction from your vile, racists ramblings.
Old 17th May 2022, 01:01 PM   #180
arayder
Illuminator

Replacement theory has become more than just a theory. It has become a motivation for white suprematist mass shootings of blacks, latinos and Jews.

To get back to the OP. . .yeah, there is something to it. . .hate.

The idea that one America's political parties has a more open immigration philosophy and that the other party has a more America first approach isn't really the question at hand.

I don't think most Democratic leaders are trying to kick white people to the curb. And I don't think GOP leadership (some MAGA types excluded, IMHO) want white supremacy to capture the hearts and minds of Americans.

But neither side is going to moan and protest if people use immigration and America's racial and ethic makeup as a reason to vote their way.

But, that's not the question.

The plain fact is some white suprematists are getting themselves all worked up on the theory and going out and shooting as many Jews, blacks and Latinos as they can before they get shot or arrested.

-------
Old 17th May 2022, 01:25 PM   #181
Stellafane
Village Idiot.

I guess my main question is something along the lines of, what does "replacement" actually look like? Is it some stranger who doesn't look like me showing up at my door some day and announcing in broken, heavily accented English that my property is now his and I need to get out? That is certainly what "replacement" implies, the physical removal of people from where they are now to some (most likely not as nice) elsewhere. Or is it more subtle than that, manifesting itself as more people voting for things such as universal health care and school spending?

I guess I'm not quite understanding what bad thing is supposed to happen at the end of all this. And if the answer is (as I suspect) something akin to "nothing super bad will happen, I just want to keep 'those people' out," then I suppose we have the answer to the OP question.

Last edited by Stellafane; 17th May 2022 at 01:30 PM.
Stellafane is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2022, 01:47 PM   #182
shuttlt
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stellafane View Post
I guess my main question is something along the lines of, what does "replacement" actually look like? Is it some stranger who doesn't look like me showing up at my door some day and announcing in broken, heavily accented English that my property is now his and I need to get out? That is certainly what "replacement" implies, the physical removal of people from where they are now to some (most likely not as nice) elsewhere. Or is it more subtle than that, manifesting itself as more people voting for things such as universal health care and school spending?
It's much more like the latter. It's the claim that immigration is being used knowingly to turn the current majority into a minority whose ideas about what constitutes a just society will never again be allowed to be the dominant idea of the country. It's the replacement of one idea of the country by another through importing new citizens.

I guess I'm not quite understanding what bad thing is supposed to happen at the end of all this. And if the answer is (as I suspect) something akin to "nothing super bad will happen, I just want to keep 'those people' out," then I suppose we have the answer to the OP question.
Suppose it was happening the other way and the immigrants were predominantly Ayn Rand and Pinochet fans and this was changing the country in a direction such that liberal politics would be in a permanent minority. Suppose further that this was being done by Trump. Would that be at all concerning?
Old 17th May 2022, 02:01 PM   #183
arayder
Illuminator

Not to beat a dead horse but replacement theory holds that native-born Americans are being replaced so as to permanently transform the landscape of the nation.

The Great Replacement Theory is one thing when stated as a hypothesis. But, the practical response to it is quite another thing.

The problem is that white nationalists and Nazis use the fear invoking theory as an excuse to shoot up anybody who isn't white, be they native born or not.

Be it the attack on the Tree of Life synagogue in Pittsburgh, the 2019 El Paso shooting or the latest Buffalo shooting the Great Replacement Theory gets used as a simple minded excuse to kill non-whites.

-------

Last edited by arayder; 17th May 2022 at 02:08 PM.
Old 17th May 2022, 02:11 PM   #184
Stellafane
Village Idiot.

Suppose it was happening the other way and the immigrants were predominantly Ayn Rand and Pinochet fans and this was changing the country in a direction such that liberal politics would be in a permanent minority. Suppose further that this was being done by Trump. Would that be at all concerning?
Oh yeah, it would be concerning as hell. But my solution wouldn't be to make it harder to immigrate, because (let's face it) almost all of us living in the USA are the products of immigration -- it's just a question of how far back you want to go (in my case, a mere 2 generations). So I'm not going to be a hypocrite about it.

Instead, I'd work to enlighten people about why I think the values I support comprise the best direction for the country. If I am right, I think there's a pretty good chance people will come around eventually (I have a fair amount of faith in the basic decency of most humans, irrespective of background). If I'm not, maybe I'll learn something I wouldn't have, had I remained surrounded by like-thinking folks.
Old 17th May 2022, 02:18 PM   #185
eerok
Quixoticist

I think we should replace the purveyors of Replacement Theory with some smarter people.
Old 17th May 2022, 02:33 PM   #186
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

I am reading American Nations by Colin Woodard

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Nations

--------------
Dope Clock II: It's been 327 days since Bobby Menard announced plans to create "Artists Valley". So far all he has done is lie through his teeth.
Interesting fun book but I would take a lot of it with a ton of salt.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2022, 02:35 PM   #187
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Carrot Flower King View Post
Italy and Germany have only existed since the 19th century; Germany has subsequently been split and re-unified; Ireland (by which I assume you mean the Republic and are leaving out the Six Counties) has only been an independent state for around a hundred years; France is a mish-mash of what was a bunch of disparate dukedoms and kingdoms (ask Bretons and Basques about how they feel being under the rule of a Parisian elite) and Alsace and Lorraine have gone back and forth between France and Germany; Lithuania has been through many forms, including being occupied by the Russians against their will on more than one occasion.

Not good examples of nations being unified for centuries...
Quibble, Italy was unified in the Roman Empire and always had a strong cultural connection even when politically seperated.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2022, 02:37 PM   #188
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Not to beat a dead horse but replacement theory holds that native-born Americans are being replaced so as to permanently transform the landscape of the nation.

The Great Replacement Theory is one thing when stated as a hypothesis. But, the practical response to it is quite another thing.

The problem is that white nationalists and Nazis use the fear invoking theory as an excuse to shoot up anybody who isn't white, be they native born or not.

Be it the attack on the Tree of Life synagogue in Pittsburgh, the 2019 El Paso shooting or the latest Buffalo shooting the Great Replacement Theory gets used as a simple minded excuse to kill non-whites.

-------
Or n the case of the Tree of Life, non Christian.
It is interesting how in the post couple of years, the Christian Natinalists have pretty much dropped the "Judeo/CHristian ethics" routine in favor of out and out Christian, and I have no doubt they will soon insert "Protestent Christian" into the equation.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 17th May 2022, 02:50 PM   #189
arayder
Illuminator

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...adly-narrowly/

‘Great replacement theory’ is ignorant both broadly and narrowly

Quote:
Let’s quickly dispatch with the purported plot at the heart of the conspiracy theory. It, too, can be segmented into degrees. One speculates that some secretive cabal of elites is drawing immigrants to the United States to get their votes. It’s often framed in anti-Semitic terms, in part because it’s popular among neo-Nazis. There’s no point in walking through a specific debunk since anyone who adheres to it will not be influenced by rational argument.
Quote:
While President Biden’s view of immigration is certainly less hostile than Trump’s, the administration kept in place a rule, over objections from key Democratic constituencies, that allowed the government to quickly deport people who crossed the border. Vice President Harris explicitly told Central American migrants not to come to the United States.
Quote:
As you might expect, the federal government tracks this data. In 2020, 625,400 people were naturalized as U.S. citizens. (Of those newly naturalized immigrants, about 1 in 8 were from Mexico.) That’s compared with 3.6 million babies born in the country — native-born Americans all. That’s a ratio of 5.8 native-born babies to 1 new American from naturalization. If we look only at those of voting age (since you must be both a citizen and 18 to vote in federal elections), the gap is wider: In 2020, about 4.2 million U.S. residents turned 18.
-------

Last edited by arayder; 17th May 2022 at 03:07 PM.
Old 17th May 2022, 02:56 PM   #190
junkshop
Graduate Poster

Not to beat a dead horse but replacement theory holds that native-born Americans are being replaced so as to permanently transform the landscape of the nation...
Didn't that already happen, a while ago?
Old 17th May 2022, 03:01 PM   #191
shuttlt
Penultimate Amazing

Oh yeah, it would be concerning as hell. But my solution wouldn't be to make it harder to immigrate, because (let's face it) almost all of us living in the USA are the products of immigration -- it's just a question of how far back you want to go (in my case, a mere 2 generations). So I'm not going to be a hypocrite about it.
It would only be hypocritical if you had some kind of universalist view where you didn't think citizens should be preferred to non-citizens. Is it hypocritical to care more for one's own children than other peoples? You only run into these problems if you have some universalist, rationalistic conception of your country where if it was OK for your ancestor to come, then there must be some "right" to do that and since rights are universal, the right must still exist.

Instead, I'd work to enlighten people about why I think the values I support comprise the best direction for the country. If I am right, I think there's a pretty good chance people will come around eventually (I have a fair amount of faith in the basic decency of most humans, irrespective of background). If I'm not, maybe I'll learn something I wouldn't have, had I remained surrounded by like-thinking folks.
That is generally not how it works.The conceptions of rights and your values are culturally specific to you and the culture you were brought up in. They are no more universal than the culture in Iran or China. The idea that you can be reasoned into a set of values is like imagining you can be reasoned into a religion... I'm sure it happens, but it is a rare event. Values aren't products of reason.

Last edited by shuttlt; 17th May 2022 at 03:10 PM.
Old 17th May 2022, 03:19 PM   #192
arayder
Illuminator

It would only be hypocritical if you had some kind of universalist view where you didn't think citizens should be preferred to non-citizens. Is it hypocritical to care more for one's own children than other peoples? You only run into these problems if you have some universalist, rationalistic conception of your country where if it was OK for your ancestor to come, then there must be some "right" to do that and since rights are universal, the right must still exist.
Since non-citizens can't vote in the U.S. one has to ask what your point is?

Quote:
. . .The conceptions of rights and your values are culturally specific to you and the culture you were brought up in. They are no more universal than the culture in Iran or China. The idea that you can be reasoned into a set of values is like imagining you can be reasoned into a religion... I'm sure it happens, but it is a rare event.
Oh? Is the point that a Chinese person or a Muslim can't understand or adopt American values because they are "the other"?

-------

Last edited by arayder; 17th May 2022 at 03:22 PM.
Old 17th May 2022, 03:31 PM   #193
shuttlt
Penultimate Amazing

Since non-citizens can't vote in the U.S. one has to ask what your point is?
I don't see how this relates.

Oh? Is the point that a Chinese person or a Muslim can't understand or adopt American values because they are "the other"?
I suppose everybody can adopt them, the question is do they adopt them? If for some reason I moved to Afghanistan, I am sure I would in some sense be capable of adopting the Taliban's values, but I'm not sure that I really would.

We aren't talking about theoretical models of immigration, we are talking about actual immigration.
Old 17th May 2022, 03:38 PM   #194
arayder
Illuminator

I don't see how this relates.
So "we" are going to be replaced by non-voting, non-citizens? How does that work?

Quote:
I suppose everybody can adopt them, the question is do they adopt them? If for some reason I moved to Afghanistan, I am sure I would in some sense be capable of adopting the Taliban's values, but I'm not sure that I really would.
So since the Chinese person and the Muslin from Iran probably can't/won't adopt American values they are in a sense cultural inferior to "us"?

And if being so doesn't it seem likely that some folks would figure they can just shoot 'em?

-------

Last edited by arayder; 17th May 2022 at 03:40 PM.
Old 17th May 2022, 03:43 PM   #195
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by junkshop View Post
Didn't that already happen, a while ago?
There is a great cartoon that shows 2 Native Americans watching a Flying Saucer with aliens land and one say to the other,
"Oh No, Not Again"...

Robert Heinlein.
Old 17th May 2022, 03:44 PM   #196
shuttlt
Penultimate Amazing

So "we" are going to be replaced by non-voting, non-citizens? How does that work?
You've misunderstood the point I was replying to. It was about how it was hypocritical for Americans to make it hard for immigrants to come to America.

So since the Chinese person and the Muslin from Iran probably can't/won't adopt American values they are in a sense cultural inferior to "us"?

And if being so doesn't ii seem likely that some folks would figure they can just shoot 'em?
You need to respond to what people say rather than make up positions for them. That's how arguments and debates work. Otherwise you're just playing with yourself.
Old 17th May 2022, 03:51 PM   #197
arayder
Illuminator

You need to respond to what people say rather than make up positions for them. That's how arguments and debates work. Otherwise you're just playing with yourself.
Well, what is your position, besides telling others what to say?

So far it seems to be that there is some sort of cultural magic that gets passed down from one American generation to another and that Chinese and Iranians (as opposed to the Irish, Germans and the Dutch) can't grasp that magic.

-------
Old 17th May 2022, 03:59 PM   #198
shuttlt
Penultimate Amazing

So far it seems to be that there is some sort of cultural magic that gets passed down from one American generation to another and that Chinese and Iranians (as opposed to the Irish, Germans and the Dutch) can't grasp that magic.
Isn't it remarkable how frequently Protestants kids grow up Protestant, and Catholic kids grow up Catholic. Culture is the same. Irish, German and Dutch culture comes from the same cultural routes, at various distances of removal, that American culture originally came from.

Last edited by shuttlt; 17th May 2022 at 04:01 PM.
Old 17th May 2022, 04:08 PM   #199
arayder
Illuminator

Isn't it remarkable how frequently Protestants kids grow up Protestant, and Catholic kids grow up Catholic. Culture is the same. Irish, German and Dutch culture comes from the same cultural routes, at various distances of removal, that American culture originally came from.
So naturalized citizens should adopt not only the magic American cultural values but those of the European countries from which they came?

Funny how they didn't put that in the oath of citizenship:

"I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty, of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God."

-------

Last edited by arayder; 17th May 2022 at 04:10 PM.
Old 17th May 2022, 04:11 PM   #200
Hercules56
Philosopher

I personally dont care if the USA becomes majority Hispanic, through legal immigration and natural growth.
Hercules56 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories